Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Go North East Riverside Depot Open Day/Family Fun Day 2016

Go North East Riverside Depot Open Day/Family Fun Day 2016

Go North East Riverside Depot Open Day/Family Fun Day 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5
Poll: Are you going to attend?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes, and I have my tickets
52.00%
Votes 13
Yes but I need to print off tickets
16.00%
Votes 4
No
20.00%
Votes 5
Maybe
12.00%
Votes 3

Total 25 vote(s) 100%
Josh

22 May 2016, 7:16 pm #81
(22 May 2016, 6:34 pm)Dan Pleased you all had a great day.

It was incredibly busy, and I didn't expect there to be such a huge demand for the 'name in lights' thing we had going on! You all certainly kept me on my feet.

I hope the tour around the different departments at Riverside was not only fun, but informative too. The tour of our very own 'starship enterprise' (the Service Delivery Centre!) should have given you a bit of an insight into what goes on behind the scenes to get services running back to schedule. I know I thought the SDC was amazing when I saw it for the first time - citaro5284 and I regularly say how there's more screens in there than PC World on the Team Valley!

I did try and stop to talk to those of you that approached me, but couldn't chat for too long as my queue seemed to get bigger and bigger by the second!

Dan are you trying to photobomb my photos lol Big Grin
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_2740.JPG
Size: 2.02 MB / Downloads: 46

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩The Legend ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Josh
22 May 2016, 7:16 pm #81

(22 May 2016, 6:34 pm)Dan Pleased you all had a great day.

It was incredibly busy, and I didn't expect there to be such a huge demand for the 'name in lights' thing we had going on! You all certainly kept me on my feet.

I hope the tour around the different departments at Riverside was not only fun, but informative too. The tour of our very own 'starship enterprise' (the Service Delivery Centre!) should have given you a bit of an insight into what goes on behind the scenes to get services running back to schedule. I know I thought the SDC was amazing when I saw it for the first time - citaro5284 and I regularly say how there's more screens in there than PC World on the Team Valley!

I did try and stop to talk to those of you that approached me, but couldn't chat for too long as my queue seemed to get bigger and bigger by the second!

Dan are you trying to photobomb my photos lol Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_2740.JPG
Size: 2.02 MB / Downloads: 46

Dan

Site Administrator

22 May 2016, 7:19 pm #82
(22 May 2016, 7:16 pm)Josh Dan are you trying to photobomb my photos lol Big Grin

I was going for the 'caught off guard' model look in that photo, I think!
Dan
22 May 2016, 7:19 pm #82

(22 May 2016, 7:16 pm)Josh Dan are you trying to photobomb my photos lol Big Grin

I was going for the 'caught off guard' model look in that photo, I think!

S813 FVK

22 May 2016, 7:35 pm #83
All that horn beeping did start to get a little annoying after a while. For once i was actually hoping that staff would go and kick them off the vehicles.
S813 FVK
22 May 2016, 7:35 pm #83

All that horn beeping did start to get a little annoying after a while. For once i was actually hoping that staff would go and kick them off the vehicles.

22 May 2016, 7:46 pm #84
(22 May 2016, 7:10 pm)Jimmi As far as I'm aware, there's nowt you can do when this happens. I've been having this issue for the last hour and a half. Seems that many people have been having problems uploading as I've only seen four uploads in this 90 minutes and there is many people saying they've been having this issue on the Flickr Help Forum https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/

I'm having the same problem, I've just gave up for uploading photos tonight, Going to do it tomorrow.

(22 May 2016, 7:35 pm)S813 FVK All that horn beeping did start to get a little annoying after a while. For once i was actually hoping that staff would go and kick them off the vehicles.

Same for me, Nearly jumped out my skin when a kid pressed the horn of the Red B9 right next to me!
Edited 22 May 2016, 7:47 pm by South Tyne Lad.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
22 May 2016, 7:46 pm #84

(22 May 2016, 7:10 pm)Jimmi As far as I'm aware, there's nowt you can do when this happens. I've been having this issue for the last hour and a half. Seems that many people have been having problems uploading as I've only seen four uploads in this 90 minutes and there is many people saying they've been having this issue on the Flickr Help Forum https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/

I'm having the same problem, I've just gave up for uploading photos tonight, Going to do it tomorrow.

(22 May 2016, 7:35 pm)S813 FVK All that horn beeping did start to get a little annoying after a while. For once i was actually hoping that staff would go and kick them off the vehicles.

Same for me, Nearly jumped out my skin when a kid pressed the horn of the Red B9 right next to me!

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

S813 FVK

22 May 2016, 7:51 pm #85
When i was standing infront of 8335 looking into 5428 (not that there is much to see with it being the same as the other streetlite micro-hybrids) the person in it started pressing the horn with the intention, i guessed, of making me jump out of my skin. Luckily for me, the horn was reasonably quiet and i didnt react at all - hope i didnt disappoint them too much!  Big Grin
S813 FVK
22 May 2016, 7:51 pm #85

When i was standing infront of 8335 looking into 5428 (not that there is much to see with it being the same as the other streetlite micro-hybrids) the person in it started pressing the horn with the intention, i guessed, of making me jump out of my skin. Luckily for me, the horn was reasonably quiet and i didnt react at all - hope i didnt disappoint them too much!  Big Grin

Jimmi

22 May 2016, 7:57 pm #86
(22 May 2016, 7:46 pm)South Tyne Lad I'm having the same problem, I've just gave up for uploading photos tonight, Going to do it tomorrow.

Probably best to do that, as I can't see you (or anyone) getting anywhere with it tonight. I've got to upload more photos from yesterday, uploaded two last night but nothing from Chesterfield yet.
Jimmi
22 May 2016, 7:57 pm #86

(22 May 2016, 7:46 pm)South Tyne Lad I'm having the same problem, I've just gave up for uploading photos tonight, Going to do it tomorrow.

Probably best to do that, as I can't see you (or anyone) getting anywhere with it tonight. I've got to upload more photos from yesterday, uploaded two last night but nothing from Chesterfield yet.

22 May 2016, 8:12 pm #87

Luckily I uploaded all the photos from the FFD before it started playing up when I got back from the event as tried uploading one I got this evening of 6083 as I saw it in the front street when I went to the takeaway tonight. Had to upload it via email.
Edited 22 May 2016, 8:13 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
22 May 2016, 8:12 pm #87

Luckily I uploaded all the photos from the FFD before it started playing up when I got back from the event as tried uploading one I got this evening of 6083 as I saw it in the front street when I went to the takeaway tonight. Had to upload it via email.

citaro5284

22 May 2016, 8:27 pm #88
(22 May 2016, 2:27 pm)BusLoverMum He loved it. spent a ridiculous amount of time staring at the underside of that citaro.

Did Big'un get some decent photo's?
citaro5284
22 May 2016, 8:27 pm #88

(22 May 2016, 2:27 pm)BusLoverMum He loved it. spent a ridiculous amount of time staring at the underside of that citaro.

Did Big'un get some decent photo's?

Malarkey

22 May 2016, 8:54 pm #89
(22 May 2016, 7:57 pm)Jimmi Probably best to do that, as I can't see you (or anyone) getting anywhere with it tonight. I've got to upload more photos from yesterday, uploaded two last night but nothing from Chesterfield yet.

Malarkey has had some luck after.......6 Hours of trying, Ohh how I hate Flickr sometimes. Nevertheless some photos from todays event.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...6244365913

Despite only being there 2 Hours I really enjoyed the event, particularly the bit where you have the AVL Systems etc, despite it only being brief I would loved to of sat in there in all afternoon learning what the various systems do, think I would struggle to use 4 Computer Screens though, as I can just about manage using 2, ohhh and I think I remember seeing the Daniel Graham Wall of Fame in there too, anyone else see it, simply eye catching you couldnt possibly miss it   Tongue .

Upon leaving the event I headed around the back the depot to get some photos through the fence, before I got that far I was greeted by a GNE Member of Staff who standing on the operational exit, the guy asked if I wanted to take a few photos inside the depot, to which I obliged after asking if he would get into trouble, having put on a Hi-Vis which he supplied we headed up as far as where 8316 was parked in the Garage being repaired, after that I headed back home.

I do hope GNE do another event like this next year but on a larger scale, perhaps have the NNRG bring along some more of the Vehicles.
Malarkey
22 May 2016, 8:54 pm #89

(22 May 2016, 7:57 pm)Jimmi Probably best to do that, as I can't see you (or anyone) getting anywhere with it tonight. I've got to upload more photos from yesterday, uploaded two last night but nothing from Chesterfield yet.

Malarkey has had some luck after.......6 Hours of trying, Ohh how I hate Flickr sometimes. Nevertheless some photos from todays event.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...6244365913

Despite only being there 2 Hours I really enjoyed the event, particularly the bit where you have the AVL Systems etc, despite it only being brief I would loved to of sat in there in all afternoon learning what the various systems do, think I would struggle to use 4 Computer Screens though, as I can just about manage using 2, ohhh and I think I remember seeing the Daniel Graham Wall of Fame in there too, anyone else see it, simply eye catching you couldnt possibly miss it   Tongue .

Upon leaving the event I headed around the back the depot to get some photos through the fence, before I got that far I was greeted by a GNE Member of Staff who standing on the operational exit, the guy asked if I wanted to take a few photos inside the depot, to which I obliged after asking if he would get into trouble, having put on a Hi-Vis which he supplied we headed up as far as where 8316 was parked in the Garage being repaired, after that I headed back home.

I do hope GNE do another event like this next year but on a larger scale, perhaps have the NNRG bring along some more of the Vehicles.

Josh

22 May 2016, 9:03 pm #90
(22 May 2016, 7:35 pm)S813 FVK All that horn beeping did start to get a little annoying after a while. For once i was actually hoping that staff would go and kick them off the vehicles.

They turned the eletecrixs off after a while coz non of the Hanovers were on.

Josh
22 May 2016, 9:03 pm #90

(22 May 2016, 7:35 pm)S813 FVK All that horn beeping did start to get a little annoying after a while. For once i was actually hoping that staff would go and kick them off the vehicles.

They turned the eletecrixs off after a while coz non of the Hanovers were on.

BusLoverMum

22 May 2016, 9:54 pm #91
(22 May 2016, 8:27 pm)citaro5284 Did Big'un get some decent photo's?

They turned out OK, even though it was busy and the sun was a bit bright.

We both got a picture of the tyre shed. Litt'un spent a lot of time looking at that one. He has a bit of a thing for tyres! Can't remember the last time big'un built a leg model that kept its wheels for more than 5 (well guarded) minutes.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20160522_112917129.jpg
Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 42
BusLoverMum
22 May 2016, 9:54 pm #91

(22 May 2016, 8:27 pm)citaro5284 Did Big'un get some decent photo's?

They turned out OK, even though it was busy and the sun was a bit bright.

We both got a picture of the tyre shed. Litt'un spent a lot of time looking at that one. He has a bit of a thing for tyres! Can't remember the last time big'un built a leg model that kept its wheels for more than 5 (well guarded) minutes.

Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20160522_112917129.jpg
Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 42

citaro5284

23 May 2016, 5:29 am #92
(22 May 2016, 9:54 pm)BusLoverMum They turned out OK, even though it was busy and the sun was a bit bright.

It is quite nice to see behind the scenes, things like the tyre store and the bus wash as examples.  What did he think of the buses up in the air and I bet you had to run thru the wash!
citaro5284
23 May 2016, 5:29 am #92

(22 May 2016, 9:54 pm)BusLoverMum They turned out OK, even though it was busy and the sun was a bit bright.

It is quite nice to see behind the scenes, things like the tyre store and the bus wash as examples.  What did he think of the buses up in the air and I bet you had to run thru the wash!

BusLoverMum

23 May 2016, 8:36 am #93
(23 May 2016, 5:29 am)citaro5284 It is quite nice to see behind the scenes, things like the tyre store and the bus wash as examples.  What did he think of the buses up in the air and I bet you had to run thru the wash!

The was was the first thing we did. He'd quite happily have crawled around under all the jacked up vehicles taking notes, given half a chance.
BusLoverMum
23 May 2016, 8:36 am #93

(23 May 2016, 5:29 am)citaro5284 It is quite nice to see behind the scenes, things like the tyre store and the bus wash as examples.  What did he think of the buses up in the air and I bet you had to run thru the wash!

The was was the first thing we did. He'd quite happily have crawled around under all the jacked up vehicles taking notes, given half a chance.

Wybus

23 May 2016, 6:44 pm #94
If you want some suggestions for how to make this event bigger and better if it will become an annual event. I went to a similar thing at Transdev Lancashire United which was the best one is ever been to.

The entire depot was open for people to roam around, they got round the risk of this by ensuring a quantity of spare buses had been relocated to the bus station in advance of the event, therefore there was a guarantee that there would be no bus movements.

The tour included the engineering department.

There was also a bus tug of war which caught the imagination of the public and got the staff involved with lots of banter and friendly rivalry. There was also ferret racing which I wasn't sure how that fitted in.
Wybus
23 May 2016, 6:44 pm #94

If you want some suggestions for how to make this event bigger and better if it will become an annual event. I went to a similar thing at Transdev Lancashire United which was the best one is ever been to.

The entire depot was open for people to roam around, they got round the risk of this by ensuring a quantity of spare buses had been relocated to the bus station in advance of the event, therefore there was a guarantee that there would be no bus movements.

The tour included the engineering department.

There was also a bus tug of war which caught the imagination of the public and got the staff involved with lots of banter and friendly rivalry. There was also ferret racing which I wasn't sure how that fitted in.

23 May 2016, 7:33 pm #95
Did take a photo very similar to what Malarkey has posted, So ive decided to not upload that one.
Anyways I'm going to upload 1 a day instead of batches as I hate uploading in batches.

Heres the first one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...592669004/
Edited 23 May 2016, 7:39 pm by South Tyne Lad.

South Tyne Lad
23 May 2016, 7:33 pm #95

Did take a photo very similar to what Malarkey has posted, So ive decided to not upload that one.
Anyways I'm going to upload 1 a day instead of batches as I hate uploading in batches.

Heres the first one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...592669004/

citaro5284

23 May 2016, 7:37 pm #96
(23 May 2016, 7:33 pm)South Tyne Lad Did take a photo very similar to what Malarkey has posted, So ive decided to not upload that one.

Heres the first one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N...62069@N02/

Try again...thats the Transdev Solo Tongue
citaro5284
23 May 2016, 7:37 pm #96

(23 May 2016, 7:33 pm)South Tyne Lad Did take a photo very similar to what Malarkey has posted, So ive decided to not upload that one.

Heres the first one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N...62069@N02/

Try again...thats the Transdev Solo Tongue

23 May 2016, 7:38 pm #97
(23 May 2016, 7:37 pm)citaro5284 Try again...thats the Transdev Solo Tongue

haha I've did it again! Tongue
Here's ( hopefully ) the right link https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...592669004/

South Tyne Lad
23 May 2016, 7:38 pm #97

(23 May 2016, 7:37 pm)citaro5284 Try again...thats the Transdev Solo Tongue

haha I've did it again! Tongue
Here's ( hopefully ) the right link https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...592669004/

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average