• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tom

05 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm #1
Was there a South Shields Rally on today? Knew nothing about it
Tom
05 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm #1

Was there a South Shields Rally on today? Knew nothing about it

05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm #2
(05 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm)Tom Was there a South Shields Rally on today? Knew nothing about it

Aye but i didn't go, Went to the Dales in the car for the Dalesbus.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm #2

(05 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm)Tom Was there a South Shields Rally on today? Knew nothing about it

Aye but i didn't go, Went to the Dales in the car for the Dalesbus.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Kuyoyo

05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm #3

Tyne Tees Run - starts down at the Tees Barrage in Stockton and works its way north to Bents Park in South Shields.
Kuyoyo
05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm #3

Tyne Tees Run - starts down at the Tees Barrage in Stockton and works its way north to Bents Park in South Shields.

Tom

05 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm #4
(05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm)South Tyne Lad Aye but i didn't go, Went to the Dales in the car for the Dalesbus.

(05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm)Kuyoyo Tyne Tees Run - starts down at the Tees Barrage in Stockton and works its way north to Bents Park in South Shields.

Ah right cheers, wasn't advertised much by the looks of it
Tom
05 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm #4

(05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm)South Tyne Lad Aye but i didn't go, Went to the Dales in the car for the Dalesbus.

(05 Jun 2016, 3:33 pm)Kuyoyo Tyne Tees Run - starts down at the Tees Barrage in Stockton and works its way north to Bents Park in South Shields.

Ah right cheers, wasn't advertised much by the looks of it

05 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm #5
(05 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm)Tom Ah right cheers, wasn't advertised much by the looks of it

I didn't find about it till last night haha, And it was a enthusiast who told me about it too.

South Tyne Lad
05 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm #5

(05 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm)Tom Ah right cheers, wasn't advertised much by the looks of it

I didn't find about it till last night haha, And it was a enthusiast who told me about it too.

Tom

05 Jun 2016, 3:44 pm #6
(05 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm)South Tyne Lad I didn't find about it till last night haha, And it was a enthusiast who told me about it too.

Just looked at some photos and it looked crap anyway wasn't much there. Glad I didn't waste my time going!
Tom
05 Jun 2016, 3:44 pm #6

(05 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm)South Tyne Lad I didn't find about it till last night haha, And it was a enthusiast who told me about it too.

Just looked at some photos and it looked crap anyway wasn't much there. Glad I didn't waste my time going!

Jimmi

05 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm #7
I knew of this event but once again didn't realise it was today. Not really of any intrest to me from what I've seen, don't particularly want to spend an hour and a half on a Prince Bishops Streetlite, to go and see another Prince Bishops Streetlite. Again, this is just what I've seen on Facebook and Flickr, for all I know there could be stuff of intrest to me there but I ain't wasting my time just going to photograph Go North East service buses in a field.
Jimmi
05 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm #7

I knew of this event but once again didn't realise it was today. Not really of any intrest to me from what I've seen, don't particularly want to spend an hour and a half on a Prince Bishops Streetlite, to go and see another Prince Bishops Streetlite. Again, this is just what I've seen on Facebook and Flickr, for all I know there could be stuff of intrest to me there but I ain't wasting my time just going to photograph Go North East service buses in a field.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm #8
(05 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm)Jimmi I knew of this event but once again didn't realise it was today. Not really of any intrest to me from what I've seen, don't particularly want to spend an hour and a half on a Prince Bishops Streetlite, to go and see another Prince Bishops Streetlite. Again, this is just what I've seen on Facebook and Flickr, for all I know there could be stuff of intrest to me there but I ain't wasting my time just going to photograph Go North East service buses in a field.

Castles, Prince Bishop and a Tynedale Links were the stationary buses at the rally. The Castles was the rally control bus. A Yellow Bus Olympian actually partook in the run.

Other than that, it was just a handful (between 10 and 15) preserved buses.

The main attractions at this event are various preserved/vintage vehicles - ambulances, fire engines, lorries, trucks and cars.

By no means a bus rally!
Dan
05 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm #8

(05 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm)Jimmi I knew of this event but once again didn't realise it was today. Not really of any intrest to me from what I've seen, don't particularly want to spend an hour and a half on a Prince Bishops Streetlite, to go and see another Prince Bishops Streetlite. Again, this is just what I've seen on Facebook and Flickr, for all I know there could be stuff of intrest to me there but I ain't wasting my time just going to photograph Go North East service buses in a field.

Castles, Prince Bishop and a Tynedale Links were the stationary buses at the rally. The Castles was the rally control bus. A Yellow Bus Olympian actually partook in the run.

The main attractions at this event are various preserved/vintage vehicles - ambulances, fire engines, lorries, trucks and cars.

By no means a bus rally!

Jimmi

05 Jun 2016, 4:05 pm #9
(05 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm)Dan Castles, Prince Bishop and a Tynedale Links were the stationary buses at the rally. The Castles was the rally control bus. A Yellow Bus Olympian actually partook in the run.

By no means a bus rally!

Did think a few preserved buses normally takes part, but I don't tend to see the photos of the preserved stuff, I only ever lay eyes on what GNE have in attendance at the event and the odd set of photos of the other stuff like cars and such that also take part. Because I have over seen this side of the event I just quickly come to the conclusion that it isn't of intrest to me, if I can get some idea of the preserved buses that ran in the event, I may be interested in going next year.
Jimmi
05 Jun 2016, 4:05 pm #9

(05 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm)Dan Castles, Prince Bishop and a Tynedale Links were the stationary buses at the rally. The Castles was the rally control bus. A Yellow Bus Olympian actually partook in the run.

By no means a bus rally!

Did think a few preserved buses normally takes part, but I don't tend to see the photos of the preserved stuff, I only ever lay eyes on what GNE have in attendance at the event and the odd set of photos of the other stuff like cars and such that also take part. Because I have over seen this side of the event I just quickly come to the conclusion that it isn't of intrest to me, if I can get some idea of the preserved buses that ran in the event, I may be interested in going next year.

05 Jun 2016, 5:24 pm #10
https://flic.kr/s/aHskBKnmP4

Buses that were in attendance today

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
05 Jun 2016, 5:24 pm #10

https://flic.kr/s/aHskBKnmP4

Buses that were in attendance today

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Andreos1

05 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm #11
I always forget about this rally, only remembering when I see the convoy of vehicles at some point on route.
They all used to assemble at Chester le Street Civic Centre, for a rest - no idea what happens now the civic centre has gone.

There has often been old school buses there such as the United 'Aidensfield' bus (I need to remember the vehicle type) and ex Newcastle Corporation and TWPTE deckers, however I have no idea if they were in attendance this year - as I wasn't on the route at any point today.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm #11

I always forget about this rally, only remembering when I see the convoy of vehicles at some point on route.
They all used to assemble at Chester le Street Civic Centre, for a rest - no idea what happens now the civic centre has gone.

There has often been old school buses there such as the United 'Aidensfield' bus (I need to remember the vehicle type) and ex Newcastle Corporation and TWPTE deckers, however I have no idea if they were in attendance this year - as I wasn't on the route at any point today.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

BusLoverMum

05 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm #12
(05 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm)Andreos1 I always forget about this rally, only remembering when I see the convoy of vehicles at some point on route.

This is the Aidensfield bus. Bristol summat or other, I think Tongue

Would have been a nice trip out with the boys, but 2 of us were knackered after yesterday.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20160424_141101645~2.jpg
Size: 663.91 KB / Downloads: 14
BusLoverMum
05 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm #12

(05 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm)Andreos1 I always forget about this rally, only remembering when I see the convoy of vehicles at some point on route.

This is the Aidensfield bus. Bristol summat or other, I think Tongue

Would have been a nice trip out with the boys, but 2 of us were knackered after yesterday.

Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20160424_141101645~2.jpg
Size: 663.91 KB / Downloads: 14

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average