Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4
Poll: Are you planning to attend this event?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
42.86%
Votes 6
No
14.29%
Votes 2
Maybe
42.86%
Votes 6

Total 14 vote(s) 100%
07 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm #61
Hello.
Thanks for all the positive comments about our Road Run. Its getting to be the "thing" at this time of year. Both NNRG buses 4710 and 4855 performed faultlessly over the day. As did YFY 4M. I was pleased to give A demonstration of the power of 4710 on the run from Lanchester to Consett. Our guest driver Dan enjoyed all 3 buses over the day. I was very pleased with the turn out and was equally pleased that everyone had a go on the 3 buses.

So now its over to you. I want some feedback from people who took the time to come out. What did you want to see that we didn't do?

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
07 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm #61

Hello.
Thanks for all the positive comments about our Road Run. Its getting to be the "thing" at this time of year. Both NNRG buses 4710 and 4855 performed faultlessly over the day. As did YFY 4M. I was pleased to give A demonstration of the power of 4710 on the run from Lanchester to Consett. Our guest driver Dan enjoyed all 3 buses over the day. I was very pleased with the turn out and was equally pleased that everyone had a go on the 3 buses.

So now its over to you. I want some feedback from people who took the time to come out. What did you want to see that we didn't do?

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

07 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm #62
(05 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm)TEN 6083 Great afternoon out, got to ride one which I haven't ridden on (YFY 4M) and the other 2 that I have when they were in service with Go North East. 4710 I have ridden on when I was at primary school when they used it on route 718 when I lived in the Stanley area and 4855 on the Lime services. Hope to do another one in the future.

Photos from the day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskG5XCqA

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Would not have been 4710. She was allocated to Philly/Sunderland/Deptford from 1981 until 2002 then Driver training from 2002 to 2006.
The 47,s that you could have had on the 718 were 4700,4701,4705,4713,4714,4715,4718,4719,4721.

Craig Smith
07 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm #62

(05 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm)TEN 6083 Great afternoon out, got to ride one which I haven't ridden on (YFY 4M) and the other 2 that I have when they were in service with Go North East. 4710 I have ridden on when I was at primary school when they used it on route 718 when I lived in the Stanley area and 4855 on the Lime services. Hope to do another one in the future.

Photos from the day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskG5XCqA

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Would not have been 4710. She was allocated to Philly/Sunderland/Deptford from 1981 until 2002 then Driver training from 2002 to 2006.
The 47,s that you could have had on the 718 were 4700,4701,4705,4713,4714,4715,4718,4719,4721.

07 Sep 2016, 5:00 pm #63
(07 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm)Craig Smith Hello.

Nothing major, but would have liked to have seen the old destinations on 4710 at the photo stops.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
07 Sep 2016, 5:00 pm #63

(07 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm)Craig Smith Hello.

Nothing major, but would have liked to have seen the old destinations on 4710 at the photo stops.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

07 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm #64
Hum... I forgot about that Garry. Never mind al do it next time.

Craig Smith
07 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm #64

Hum... I forgot about that Garry. Never mind al do it next time.

18 Sep 2016, 2:47 pm #65
As a lifelong bus fanatic in his early 50's, I have just literally discovered the NEB forum, and am sad to see that I have missed your running day by just two weeks. Never mind, next years event will be in the diary.

I have a love of buses generally, but particularly the Leyland National Mk1's which I can fondly remember being introduced in around 1977 on to the Green Line 721 service in Essex - a service bus I caught each day to school.

I often search google for information on the LN1, and planned  to join the Leyland National Group a few years back, however they appear to have vanished. I was on The Glasgow Vintage Vehicles website today, and from there followed some info about a Bus Rally in Kirkby Stephen - from there I found this site.

As a Bishop Auckland resident, I now discover that I missed your running day last year which was right on my doorstep!! Gutted would be the word! Anyway, I have now found you and registered. I'll certainly be at next year's running day (if there is one) and in the meantime having a good poke around your site. It's good to be here Smile
ukpetey
18 Sep 2016, 2:47 pm #65

As a lifelong bus fanatic in his early 50's, I have just literally discovered the NEB forum, and am sad to see that I have missed your running day by just two weeks. Never mind, next years event will be in the diary.

I have a love of buses generally, but particularly the Leyland National Mk1's which I can fondly remember being introduced in around 1977 on to the Green Line 721 service in Essex - a service bus I caught each day to school.

I often search google for information on the LN1, and planned  to join the Leyland National Group a few years back, however they appear to have vanished. I was on The Glasgow Vintage Vehicles website today, and from there followed some info about a Bus Rally in Kirkby Stephen - from there I found this site.

As a Bishop Auckland resident, I now discover that I missed your running day last year which was right on my doorstep!! Gutted would be the word! Anyway, I have now found you and registered. I'll certainly be at next year's running day (if there is one) and in the meantime having a good poke around your site. It's good to be here Smile

RM2186

29 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm #66
(18 Sep 2016, 2:47 pm)ukpetey As a lifelong bus fanatic in his early 50's, I have just literally discovered the NEB forum, and am sad to see that I have missed your running day by just two weeks. Never mind, next years event will be in the diary.

Have you tried this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLeyla...onalGroup/
RM2186
29 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm #66

(18 Sep 2016, 2:47 pm)ukpetey As a lifelong bus fanatic in his early 50's, I have just literally discovered the NEB forum, and am sad to see that I have missed your running day by just two weeks. Never mind, next years event will be in the diary.

Have you tried this?

02 Oct 2016, 2:20 pm #67
(29 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm)PRM2186 Have you tried this?

Thanks for the tip, but I believe the Leyland National Group have ceased to exist, plus I don't use facebook
Edited 02 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm by ukpetey.
ukpetey
02 Oct 2016, 2:20 pm #67

(29 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm)PRM2186 Have you tried this?

Thanks for the tip, but I believe the Leyland National Group have ceased to exist, plus I don't use facebook

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average