Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

Northern National Restoration Group Running Day 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Poll: Are you planning to attend this event?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
42.86%
Votes 6
No
14.29%
Votes 2
Maybe
42.86%
Votes 6

Total 14 vote(s) 100%
03 Sep 2016, 6:28 pm #41
I was going to come but other stuff (like Metro replacements) have come up. So I'll find a place to get photos of the road run and then I'll do my own thing
omnicity4659
03 Sep 2016, 6:28 pm #41

I was going to come but other stuff (like Metro replacements) have come up. So I'll find a place to get photos of the road run and then I'll do my own thing

Malarkey

03 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm #42
(03 Sep 2016, 6:28 pm)GX03 SVC I was going to come but other stuff (like Metro replacements) have come up. So I'll find a place to get photos of the road run and then I'll do my own thing

Can I ask why you would rather go and photograph metro replacements, which you could do anytime throughout the year, rather than participating in this one off event and getting photos of vehicles which you'll only see a handful of times a year at rallies.
Malarkey
03 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm #42

(03 Sep 2016, 6:28 pm)GX03 SVC I was going to come but other stuff (like Metro replacements) have come up. So I'll find a place to get photos of the road run and then I'll do my own thing

Can I ask why you would rather go and photograph metro replacements, which you could do anytime throughout the year, rather than participating in this one off event and getting photos of vehicles which you'll only see a handful of times a year at rallies.

Jimmi

03 Sep 2016, 6:53 pm #43
(03 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm)Malarkey Can I ask why you would rather go and photograph metro replacements, which you could do anytime throughout the year, rather than participating in this one off event and getting photos of vehicles which you'll only see a handful of times a year at rallies.
I noticed that a number of enthusiasts did Metro Replacements on Monday rather than head to Seaburn, at the end of the day, it's your choice as to what you do but I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that some would rather get Metro Replacements using normal service buses which see normal service work each day rather than supporting the people putting their time, money and effort into preserving stuff that would probably otherwise gone to the scrap heap.
Jimmi
03 Sep 2016, 6:53 pm #43

(03 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm)Malarkey Can I ask why you would rather go and photograph metro replacements, which you could do anytime throughout the year, rather than participating in this one off event and getting photos of vehicles which you'll only see a handful of times a year at rallies.
I noticed that a number of enthusiasts did Metro Replacements on Monday rather than head to Seaburn, at the end of the day, it's your choice as to what you do but I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that some would rather get Metro Replacements using normal service buses which see normal service work each day rather than supporting the people putting their time, money and effort into preserving stuff that would probably otherwise gone to the scrap heap.

Ambassador

04 Sep 2016, 12:36 am #44
Some people simply don't enjoy preservation and get no joy from restoration perhaps?

Diverse interests and all that

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
04 Sep 2016, 12:36 am #44

Some people simply don't enjoy preservation and get no joy from restoration perhaps?

Diverse interests and all that

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

04 Sep 2016, 1:16 am #45
I did Seaburn, then went to get Metro Replacements and Tall Ships, but I have a car, so doesn't take me long to cover the distance between places.

I shall also be in attendence tomorrow, however word to the wise, I've had a busy week at work and I'm tired, so please don't annoy me too much, though I will talk to people, I'm not that anti social, just hope I've had coffee.

.jpg
Rapidsnap Tired.jpg
Size 98.92 KB / Downloads 24

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
04 Sep 2016, 1:16 am #45

I did Seaburn, then went to get Metro Replacements and Tall Ships, but I have a car, so doesn't take me long to cover the distance between places.

I shall also be in attendence tomorrow, however word to the wise, I've had a busy week at work and I'm tired, so please don't annoy me too much, though I will talk to people, I'm not that anti social, just hope I've had coffee.

.jpg
Rapidsnap Tired.jpg
Size 98.92 KB / Downloads 24

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Malarkey

04 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm #46
Photos from today's Road Run.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...2338890332
Malarkey
04 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm #46

Photos from today's Road Run.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...2338890332

04 Sep 2016, 7:19 pm #47
Hello.
First thanks to everyone who took the time out today to come on our road run. I hope we put on A good show. We had A diverse line-up of power for everyone to enjoy.
We put this road run on once A year to let people sample our buses on A long run rather than just A quick trip around the block at A rally.
As for some of the comments above.. That's peoples chose. If they want to photograph Metro Replacements that's fine.
The chance to travel on FTN 710W, YFY 4M and R855 PRG mustn't appeal to all. That's fine also.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
04 Sep 2016, 7:19 pm #47

Hello.
First thanks to everyone who took the time out today to come on our road run. I hope we put on A good show. We had A diverse line-up of power for everyone to enjoy.
We put this road run on once A year to let people sample our buses on A long run rather than just A quick trip around the block at A rally.
As for some of the comments above.. That's peoples chose. If they want to photograph Metro Replacements that's fine.
The chance to travel on FTN 710W, YFY 4M and R855 PRG mustn't appeal to all. That's fine also.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

BusLoverMum

04 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm #48
Big'un didn't want to go, in the end. After Monday's fiasco with delays and poor communication regarding our local gemstone based service, he's a bit wary of our local Sunday services, at the moment.
BusLoverMum
04 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm #48

Big'un didn't want to go, in the end. After Monday's fiasco with delays and poor communication regarding our local gemstone based service, he's a bit wary of our local Sunday services, at the moment.

Jimmi

04 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm #49
Went along today, quite enjoyed it. Hopefully it can be done again next year. Smile

Probably surprised the people still on YFY4M in Bishop Auckland this afternoon by photographing it on the roundabout outside the Bus Station, Déjà vu to last year's run. Reason I went to Bishop Auckland was because I preferred to get the X21 to Bish Vegas then get the 5A home arriving home slightly later rather than sit bored in Durham Bus Station for 45 minutes waiting for the 7, especially after waiting 35 minutes for the 15A this morning.

My photos will be uploaded at a later stage as I'm on doing other stuff atm.
Jimmi
04 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm #49

Went along today, quite enjoyed it. Hopefully it can be done again next year. Smile

Probably surprised the people still on YFY4M in Bishop Auckland this afternoon by photographing it on the roundabout outside the Bus Station, Déjà vu to last year's run. Reason I went to Bishop Auckland was because I preferred to get the X21 to Bish Vegas then get the 5A home arriving home slightly later rather than sit bored in Durham Bus Station for 45 minutes waiting for the 7, especially after waiting 35 minutes for the 15A this morning.

My photos will be uploaded at a later stage as I'm on doing other stuff atm.

04 Sep 2016, 8:29 pm #50
Really disappointed that I couldn't go today, I needed to go with my dad to Wynyard for 'work stuff' so I sadly couldn't make it, hopefully it can be redone next year
NK53 TKT
04 Sep 2016, 8:29 pm #50

Really disappointed that I couldn't go today, I needed to go with my dad to Wynyard for 'work stuff' so I sadly couldn't make it, hopefully it can be redone next year

Charles41

05 Sep 2016, 9:08 am #51
Such a shame I missed this outing, I'd been really looking forward to it. Next time I'll get some cash out the day before rather than running about madly in an attempt to find a cash machine that worked.

Oh my day got worse, next my partner's bed collapsed and then I tripped over a paving stone and twisted my ankle.

Hopefully I'll attend the NNRG running day next year. If there are any NNRG outings in the autumn or Christmas time could you let us know.

Charles
Charles41
05 Sep 2016, 9:08 am #51

Such a shame I missed this outing, I'd been really looking forward to it. Next time I'll get some cash out the day before rather than running about madly in an attempt to find a cash machine that worked.

Oh my day got worse, next my partner's bed collapsed and then I tripped over a paving stone and twisted my ankle.

Hopefully I'll attend the NNRG running day next year. If there are any NNRG outings in the autumn or Christmas time could you let us know.

Charles

05 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm #52
Great afternoon out, got to ride one which I haven't ridden on (YFY 4M) and the other 2 that I have when they were in service with Go North East. 4710 I have ridden on when I was at primary school when they used it on route 718 when I lived in the Stanley area and 4855 on the Lime services. Hope to do another one in the future.

Photos from the day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskG5XCqA

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Edited 05 Sep 2016, 3:11 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
05 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm #52

Great afternoon out, got to ride one which I haven't ridden on (YFY 4M) and the other 2 that I have when they were in service with Go North East. 4710 I have ridden on when I was at primary school when they used it on route 718 when I lived in the Stanley area and 4855 on the Lime services. Hope to do another one in the future.

Photos from the day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskG5XCqA

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

citaro5284

05 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm #53
(05 Sep 2016, 9:08 am)Charles41 Such a shame I missed this outing, I'd been really looking forward to it. Next time I'll get some cash out the day before rather than running about madly in an attempt to find a cash machine that worked.

Charles

Good grief Charles, what a day eh!
citaro5284
05 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm #53

(05 Sep 2016, 9:08 am)Charles41 Such a shame I missed this outing, I'd been really looking forward to it. Next time I'll get some cash out the day before rather than running about madly in an attempt to find a cash machine that worked.

Charles

Good grief Charles, what a day eh!

05 Sep 2016, 6:07 pm #54
Like ive said above, I couldn't attend due to being on Holiday.

Though ive enjoyed viewing everyone's photos of the event, One thing ive noticed in 4855 has caught my eye.

Seen in Malarky's photo is a white box in the back of the cab https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ateposted/

What is it? Ive never seen it before.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
05 Sep 2016, 6:07 pm #54

Like ive said above, I couldn't attend due to being on Holiday.

Though ive enjoyed viewing everyone's photos of the event, One thing ive noticed in 4855 has caught my eye.

Seen in Malarky's photo is a white box in the back of the cab https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ateposted/

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

05 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm #55
(05 Sep 2016, 6:07 pm)South Tyne Lad Like ive said above, I couldn't attend due to being on Holiday.

USB ports.
R852 PRG
05 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm #55

(05 Sep 2016, 6:07 pm)South Tyne Lad Like ive said above, I couldn't attend due to being on Holiday.

USB ports.

05 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm #56
(05 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm)R852 PRG USB ports.

Ah right, Cheers

South Tyne Lad
05 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm #56

(05 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm)R852 PRG USB ports.

Ah right, Cheers

Adrian

05 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm #57
Fantastic road run yesterday. A huge thanks to the NNRG for putting another great day on.

The weather was just about on our side. It started raining just after we left each photo stop. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm #57

Fantastic road run yesterday. A huge thanks to the NNRG for putting another great day on.

The weather was just about on our side. It started raining just after we left each photo stop. Smile

BusLoverMum

05 Sep 2016, 7:21 pm #58
"next my partner's bed collapsed"

Blush
BusLoverMum
05 Sep 2016, 7:21 pm #58

"next my partner's bed collapsed"

Blush

Adrian

05 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm #59
(05 Sep 2016, 7:21 pm)BusLoverMum "next my partner's bed collapsed"

Blush

I did not want to go there.  Big Grin

Adrian
05 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm #59

(05 Sep 2016, 7:21 pm)BusLoverMum "next my partner's bed collapsed"

Blush

I did not want to go there.  Big Grin

Charles41

06 Sep 2016, 8:51 am #60
(05 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm)Adrian I did not want to go there.  Big Grin

It's fixed now and my ankle is on the mend!
Charles41
06 Sep 2016, 8:51 am #60

(05 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm)Adrian I did not want to go there.  Big Grin

It's fixed now and my ankle is on the mend!

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average