Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 113 14 15150 Next
V514DFT

25 Mar 2018, 6:32 pm #261
(25 Mar 2018, 11:28 am)GNE6312 Some more new service suggestions for percy main depot

Service 30
Blyth
Seaton sluice
Whitley bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
North Shields
Percy main
Howdon
Wallsend
Walkergate metro
Byker
Newcastle citycentre
Gateshead
Every 20 minutes monday to saturday
Every half hour sunday
Another note 309s and 30s switch at blyth on sundays

Service X30
Blyth
Whitley bay
Tynemouth
North shields
Percy main redburn
Wallsend
Byker
Pilgrim street
Central station
Metrocentre
Hourly and serves on sundays and bank holidays only

Service 2
Blyth
Seaton sluice
Whitley bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Fish quay
North shields ferry
North Shields
Percy main 
Howdon
Wallsend
Byker
Newcastle
Central station
Every 20 mins every day of the week

Service 2 and 30 already exist

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
25 Mar 2018, 6:32 pm #261

(25 Mar 2018, 11:28 am)GNE6312 Some more new service suggestions for percy main depot

Service 30
Blyth
Seaton sluice
Whitley bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
North Shields
Percy main
Howdon
Wallsend
Walkergate metro
Byker
Newcastle citycentre
Gateshead
Every 20 minutes monday to saturday
Every half hour sunday
Another note 309s and 30s switch at blyth on sundays

Service X30
Blyth
Whitley bay
Tynemouth
North shields
Percy main redburn
Wallsend
Byker
Pilgrim street
Central station
Metrocentre
Hourly and serves on sundays and bank holidays only

Service 2
Blyth
Seaton sluice
Whitley bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
Fish quay
North shields ferry
North Shields
Percy main 
Howdon
Wallsend
Byker
Newcastle
Central station
Every 20 mins every day of the week

Service 2 and 30 already exist

Kind Regards
Tez

S830OFT

25 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm #262
43: Newcastle - Teams - Metrocentre - Lemington - Throckley.
44: Gateshead - Teams - Metrocentre - Lemmington - Throckley.
Both Hourly.
64 - Withdrawn
X66 - Set to Every 15 mins and NON Stop to Metrocentre.
Throckley to have new routes going direct to Metrocentre. 
Also new link to Gateshead.

S830OFT
25 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm #262

43: Newcastle - Teams - Metrocentre - Lemington - Throckley.
Both Hourly.
64 - Withdrawn

LVK 404L

25 Mar 2018, 7:43 pm #263
(25 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm)S830OFT 43: Newcastle - Teams - Metrocentre - Lemington - Throckley.
Both Hourly.
64 - Withdrawn

Would love the X66 to revert back to what it was intended to be, non stop express Gateshead - Metrocentre
LVK 404L
25 Mar 2018, 7:43 pm #263

(25 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm)S830OFT 43: Newcastle - Teams - Metrocentre - Lemington - Throckley.
Both Hourly.
64 - Withdrawn

Would love the X66 to revert back to what it was intended to be, non stop express Gateshead - Metrocentre

V514DFT

26 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm #264
(25 Mar 2018, 7:43 pm)ifm001 Would love the X66 to revert back to what it was intended to be, non stop express Gateshead - Metrocentre

Me too,not much of an express now,they may aswell drop the 'X' off it anf just have it run as the 66 instead

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm #264

(25 Mar 2018, 7:43 pm)ifm001 Would love the X66 to revert back to what it was intended to be, non stop express Gateshead - Metrocentre

Me too,not much of an express now,they may aswell drop the 'X' off it anf just have it run as the 66 instead

Kind Regards
Tez

LVK 404L

26 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm #265
(26 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm)V514DFT Me too,not much of an express now,they may aswell drop the 'X' off it anf just have it run as the 66 instead

Yeah GNE advised it was to provide a link between Teams/Dunston and Gateshead.

in that case journeys towards Gateshead should be pick up only at stops in between, and journeys towards metro centre should be set down only.

there is enough services available to provide journeys to and from Metrocentre to the 4 stops inbetween.
LVK 404L
26 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm #265

(26 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm)V514DFT Me too,not much of an express now,they may aswell drop the 'X' off it anf just have it run as the 66 instead

Yeah GNE advised it was to provide a link between Teams/Dunston and Gateshead.

in that case journeys towards Gateshead should be pick up only at stops in between, and journeys towards metro centre should be set down only.

there is enough services available to provide journeys to and from Metrocentre to the 4 stops inbetween.

V514DFT

27 Mar 2018, 12:19 am #266
(26 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm)ifm001 Yeah GNE advised it was to provide a link between Teams/Dunston and Gateshead.

Agreed

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
27 Mar 2018, 12:19 am #266

(26 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm)ifm001 Yeah GNE advised it was to provide a link between Teams/Dunston and Gateshead.

Agreed

Kind Regards
Tez

JM03

28 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm #267
22 Newcastle - Dunston - Metrocentre - Lemington - West Denton park - Throckley - Black callerton - Newcastle airport - Hazelrigg - Killingworth
Operated on 3 new streetlites with USB, next stop announcement and luggage racks. Will receive 'flyer' branding. Makes new connections between Metrocentre, Throckley and to Newcastle airport.
JM03
28 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm #267

22 Newcastle - Dunston - Metrocentre - Lemington - West Denton park - Throckley - Black callerton - Newcastle airport - Hazelrigg - Killingworth
Operated on 3 new streetlites with USB, next stop announcement and luggage racks. Will receive 'flyer' branding. Makes new connections between Metrocentre, Throckley and to Newcastle airport.

markydh

29 Mar 2018, 8:32 am #268
I’d rethink the number, given there’s already a 22 in Throckley!
markydh
29 Mar 2018, 8:32 am #268

I’d rethink the number, given there’s already a 22 in Throckley!

V514DFT

29 Mar 2018, 8:59 am #269
75-Newcastle-RVI--General Hospital-Wesgate Road(West Road)-West Denton-Chapel House-Westerhope-Callerton Parkway-Newcastle Airport-Ponteland-Darras Hall

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
29 Mar 2018, 8:59 am #269

75-Newcastle-RVI--General Hospital-Wesgate Road(West Road)-West Denton-Chapel House-Westerhope-Callerton Parkway-Newcastle Airport-Ponteland-Darras Hall

Kind Regards
Tez

Jamie M

Unregistered

29 Mar 2018, 10:58 am #270
(28 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm)JM03 22 Newcastle - Dunston - Metrocentre - Lemington - West Denton park - Throckley - Black callerton - Newcastle airport - Hazelrigg - Killingworth

Don't you think if there was a need to supply the airport - which is an international gateway - there would already be extensive connections to the airport, as seen in other international city airports?
I think the metro/taxis/car have a monopoly on trips to our airport and I think buses would just be carrying thin-air to and fro the airport. The only two buses I know of that go to or near the airport are solos.
131 - Solo, infrequent
42A - Solo, every 30 mins
74 (not even to the airport itself) - infrequent

Food for thought.

This would cause chaos. Buses that go past stops should either stop consistently at stops or not at all - by that I mean either direction, the journey should be pretty much identical. It would be exceptionally hard to serve a public notice explaining the system to all concerned. Practicality over desire. I think the current system works well enough, it's doesn't ever take long to get one end to the other, even stopping every stop, you're only cutting off about 5 minutes out of your day.

Both Hourly.
64 - Withdrawn

Maybe the 64 could be digested into one of the 49 routes..
49D anyone?  Wink Wink
Jamie M
29 Mar 2018, 10:58 am #270

(28 Mar 2018, 7:18 pm)JM03 22 Newcastle - Dunston - Metrocentre - Lemington - West Denton park - Throckley - Black callerton - Newcastle airport - Hazelrigg - Killingworth

Don't you think if there was a need to supply the airport - which is an international gateway - there would already be extensive connections to the airport, as seen in other international city airports?
I think the metro/taxis/car have a monopoly on trips to our airport and I think buses would just be carrying thin-air to and fro the airport. The only two buses I know of that go to or near the airport are solos.
131 - Solo, infrequent

Food for thought.

This would cause chaos. Buses that go past stops should either stop consistently at stops or not at all - by that I mean either direction, the journey should be pretty much identical. It would be exceptionally hard to serve a public notice explaining the system to all concerned. Practicality over desire. I think the current system works well enough, it's doesn't ever take long to get one end to the other, even stopping every stop, you're only cutting off about 5 minutes out of your day.

Both Hourly.
64 - Withdrawn

49D anyone?  Wink Wink

LVK 404L

29 Mar 2018, 11:35 am #271
(29 Mar 2018, 10:58 am)Jamie M Don't you think if there was a need to supply the airport - which is an international gateway - there would already be extensive connections to the airport, as seen in other international city airports?
131 - Solo, infrequent

Food for thought.

49D anyone?  Wink Wink
AIRPORT SERVICES
Also have SNE X77/78/79 every 30 minutes

X66 - most logical solution is put back to non stop express and revise current service 64 or other. The x66 was always intended to be non stop express similar to SNE 100.

yes the journey only adds 5 mins or so, but it annoys you when people let other buses go such as 45,46 and 47 and get on an already packed X66 just to go to Teams.
LVK 404L
29 Mar 2018, 11:35 am #271

(29 Mar 2018, 10:58 am)Jamie M Don't you think if there was a need to supply the airport - which is an international gateway - there would already be extensive connections to the airport, as seen in other international city airports?
131 - Solo, infrequent

Food for thought.

49D anyone?  Wink Wink
AIRPORT SERVICES

X66 - most logical solution is put back to non stop express and revise current service 64 or other. The x66 was always intended to be non stop express similar to SNE 100.

yes the journey only adds 5 mins or so, but it annoys you when people let other buses go such as 45,46 and 47 and get on an already packed X66 just to go to Teams.

Jamie M

Unregistered

29 Mar 2018, 11:39 am #272
(29 Mar 2018, 11:35 am)ifm001 AIRPORT SERVICES

Not really annoying if its only 5 minutes here and there. If you're wanting to save those 5 minutes, use a car or taxi. It's public service for the greater public, not a few people getting annoyed at a few minutes here or there. The 64 also is a unique route and I think it would be a pain to reroute and then change shift times/whatever else or add more buses in.
Jamie M
29 Mar 2018, 11:39 am #272

(29 Mar 2018, 11:35 am)ifm001 AIRPORT SERVICES

Not really annoying if its only 5 minutes here and there. If you're wanting to save those 5 minutes, use a car or taxi. It's public service for the greater public, not a few people getting annoyed at a few minutes here or there. The 64 also is a unique route and I think it would be a pain to reroute and then change shift times/whatever else or add more buses in.

LVK 404L

29 Mar 2018, 12:07 pm #273
(29 Mar 2018, 11:39 am)Jamie M Not really annoying if its only 5 minutes here and there. If you're wanting to save those 5 minutes, use a car or taxi. It's public service for the greater public, not a few people getting annoyed at a few minutes here or there. The 64 also is a unique route and I think it would be a pain to reroute and then change shift times/whatever else or add more buses in.

You wouldn't be saying that I you worked 12 hour shifts at metro centre and all you want is to get home, hoping you catch a connection at Gateshead, then hoping you catch onward connection to Boldon then hoping you catch final connection at Boldon.

I pay over £1000 per year for this privilege please do not insult me by telling me to use a taxi instead, unless your offering to pay for them.
LVK 404L
29 Mar 2018, 12:07 pm #273

(29 Mar 2018, 11:39 am)Jamie M Not really annoying if its only 5 minutes here and there. If you're wanting to save those 5 minutes, use a car or taxi. It's public service for the greater public, not a few people getting annoyed at a few minutes here or there. The 64 also is a unique route and I think it would be a pain to reroute and then change shift times/whatever else or add more buses in.

You wouldn't be saying that I you worked 12 hour shifts at metro centre and all you want is to get home, hoping you catch a connection at Gateshead, then hoping you catch onward connection to Boldon then hoping you catch final connection at Boldon.

I pay over £1000 per year for this privilege please do not insult me by telling me to use a taxi instead, unless your offering to pay for them.

Jamie M

Unregistered

29 Mar 2018, 12:17 pm #274
(29 Mar 2018, 12:07 pm)ifm001 You wouldn't be saying that I you worked 12 hour shifts at metro centre and all you want is to get home, hoping you catch a connection at Gateshead, then hoping you catch onward connection to Boldon then hoping you catch final connection at Boldon.

Don't quite get how getting a taxi is an insult given it would get you there without connections and speedier. I use the buses a lot but you're only asking for trouble in the long run if you're cutting it by 5 minutes. If you have more than 5 minutes per connection, then surely it makes no difference if that one particular bus takes 5 minutes?
Jamie M
29 Mar 2018, 12:17 pm #274

(29 Mar 2018, 12:07 pm)ifm001 You wouldn't be saying that I you worked 12 hour shifts at metro centre and all you want is to get home, hoping you catch a connection at Gateshead, then hoping you catch onward connection to Boldon then hoping you catch final connection at Boldon.

Don't quite get how getting a taxi is an insult given it would get you there without connections and speedier. I use the buses a lot but you're only asking for trouble in the long run if you're cutting it by 5 minutes. If you have more than 5 minutes per connection, then surely it makes no difference if that one particular bus takes 5 minutes?

JM03

29 Mar 2018, 6:49 pm #275
Personally, I think here should be a link between metrocentre and the surrounding area to the airport. The cheaper fares might be a big pull away from the taxis. The best you could probably get is one bus to Newcastle then the metro, it would make it a lot easier and it needs to be a quick one, 20-30 mins and that would be a profitable route the way I’d see it
JM03
29 Mar 2018, 6:49 pm #275

Personally, I think here should be a link between metrocentre and the surrounding area to the airport. The cheaper fares might be a big pull away from the taxis. The best you could probably get is one bus to Newcastle then the metro, it would make it a lot easier and it needs to be a quick one, 20-30 mins and that would be a profitable route the way I’d see it

L469 YVK

02 Apr 2018, 9:47 am #276
I was thinking about this. I know that changes would also need to be made to the 4 but, would it not be wise for the evening X1s from Newcastle to be changed to depart at xx:10 and xx:40?
Edited 02 Apr 2018, 9:47 am by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
02 Apr 2018, 9:47 am #276

I was thinking about this. I know that changes would also need to be made to the 4 but, would it not be wise for the evening X1s from Newcastle to be changed to depart at xx:10 and xx:40?

Jamie M

Unregistered

02 Apr 2018, 12:56 pm #277
(02 Apr 2018, 9:47 am)L469 YVK I was thinking about this. I know that changes would also need to be made to the 4 but, would it not be wise for the evening X1s from Newcastle to be changed to depart at xx:10 and xx:40?

Why?
Jamie M
02 Apr 2018, 12:56 pm #277

(02 Apr 2018, 9:47 am)L469 YVK I was thinking about this. I know that changes would also need to be made to the 4 but, would it not be wise for the evening X1s from Newcastle to be changed to depart at xx:10 and xx:40?

Why?

Malarkey

02 Apr 2018, 1:34 pm #278

No because you would then miss connections onto the estates of Washington from Washington Galleries on the hour and half hour, if these changes were implemented then it would mean a 15-20 minute wait for the next bus, whereas at the moment they are timed to connect with eachother.

However I would be all for re-timing the X1 to leave Newcastle on an evening by leaving 5 minutes earlier as I and other have missed the above connection.
Malarkey
02 Apr 2018, 1:34 pm #278

No because you would then miss connections onto the estates of Washington from Washington Galleries on the hour and half hour, if these changes were implemented then it would mean a 15-20 minute wait for the next bus, whereas at the moment they are timed to connect with eachother.

However I would be all for re-timing the X1 to leave Newcastle on an evening by leaving 5 minutes earlier as I and other have missed the above connection.

V514DFT

03 Apr 2018, 5:12 pm #279
43-Killingworth-Great Lime Road-Benton Asda-Station Road-Exeter Road-Mullen Road-Wiltshire Drive-Cross Avenue-West Street-Wallsend Interchange-Holy Cross-Rosehill-SITA-Percy Main-Royal Quays-North Shields-Hawkeys Lane-Preston Grange-North Tyneside General Hospital-Whitley Bay
44-Four Lane Ends-Benton-Benton Asda-Station Road-Exeter Road-Mullen Road-Wiltshire Drive-West Street-Wallsend Interchange-Archer Street-Rosehill-SITA-Meadowell-North Shields-Lansdowne Terrace-Lynn Road (Billy Mill)-North Tyneside General Hospital-Whitley Bay
40/41-revert back to its pre-2016 route through Holy Cross

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
03 Apr 2018, 5:12 pm #279

43-Killingworth-Great Lime Road-Benton Asda-Station Road-Exeter Road-Mullen Road-Wiltshire Drive-Cross Avenue-West Street-Wallsend Interchange-Holy Cross-Rosehill-SITA-Percy Main-Royal Quays-North Shields-Hawkeys Lane-Preston Grange-North Tyneside General Hospital-Whitley Bay
44-Four Lane Ends-Benton-Benton Asda-Station Road-Exeter Road-Mullen Road-Wiltshire Drive-West Street-Wallsend Interchange-Archer Street-Rosehill-SITA-Meadowell-North Shields-Lansdowne Terrace-Lynn Road (Billy Mill)-North Tyneside General Hospital-Whitley Bay

Kind Regards
Tez

JM03

03 Apr 2018, 11:08 pm #280
(03 Apr 2018, 5:12 pm)V514DFT 43-Killingworth-Great Lime Road-Benton Asda-Station Road-Exeter Road-Mullen Road-Wiltshire Drive-Cross Avenue-West Street-Wallsend Interchange-Holy Cross-Rosehill-SITA-Percy Main-Royal Quays-North Shields-Hawkeys Lane-Preston Grange-North Tyneside General Hospital-Whitley Bay

How does the 44 go onto Mullen road then Wiltshire drive?
JM03
03 Apr 2018, 11:08 pm #280

(03 Apr 2018, 5:12 pm)V514DFT 43-Killingworth-Great Lime Road-Benton Asda-Station Road-Exeter Road-Mullen Road-Wiltshire Drive-Cross Avenue-West Street-Wallsend Interchange-Holy Cross-Rosehill-SITA-Percy Main-Royal Quays-North Shields-Hawkeys Lane-Preston Grange-North Tyneside General Hospital-Whitley Bay

How does the 44 go onto Mullen road then Wiltshire drive?

Pages (150) Previous 113 14 15150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average