Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (147): Previous 136 37 38147 Next
Andreos1

26 Feb 2020, 1:09 pm #721
(26 Feb 2020, 12:53 pm)streetdeckfan My point was that those people who you say should be encouraged to use the bus are probably not the sort of person that will be going to the train station.
The average person probably wants to go back home once they've been out, and as such will more than likely want a return ticket if they're just travelling along one route, or a day ticket if they have to change buses.

To me anyway, it's the difference between buying a single bottle of water and buying a 6 pack for only a little bit more. The single ticket is there to take advantage of those who only need a one off trip, the very fact that they're buying that single ticket and not a day ticket tells them that they're not a regular passenger.
Plus, you have to take in to account that the costs that would normally be spread out with a day/return ticket are only being used once. You have the card processing fee if they're paying by card (usually about 2%), paper, driver's time (selecting ticket, counting change etc.). Sure, it's not a lot, but it all adds up.

I'd actually be quite interested in seeing the average amount of times a day ticket is used, my guess is probably 3 (with most people using it 4 times ie. two buses out, two buses in, with a slightly less amount of people using it essentially as a return ticket)

Why shouldn't those people be encouraged to use the bus? 
Why should it just be certain types of people? 

It's cheaper to cadge a lift (clogging up the roads when doing so and probably delaying buses) to the station. 
It's probably easier for some to do that judging by the number of cars clogging up roads around Durham and Newcastle stations. 

Whether they're making the return trip or not the same day, they're making the conscious decision to not use the bus.
Is it because using the bus  isn't convenient or is it because getting a lift is cheaper?

Each person getting a lift to the station is a potential bus passenger. To ignore them, would be folly.

Looking at the stats for central station. 
2018/19
8.914 million
– Interchange
  0.376 million

Let's say 1% of those passengers were dropped off/collected by car.
You're telling me, that those sorts of numbers wouldn't make a difference to the timekeeping, success or failure of a service and they're probably not the sort of passengers a bus operator would encourage to use the bus? Huh

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Feb 2020, 1:09 pm #721

(26 Feb 2020, 12:53 pm)streetdeckfan My point was that those people who you say should be encouraged to use the bus are probably not the sort of person that will be going to the train station.
The average person probably wants to go back home once they've been out, and as such will more than likely want a return ticket if they're just travelling along one route, or a day ticket if they have to change buses.

To me anyway, it's the difference between buying a single bottle of water and buying a 6 pack for only a little bit more. The single ticket is there to take advantage of those who only need a one off trip, the very fact that they're buying that single ticket and not a day ticket tells them that they're not a regular passenger.
Plus, you have to take in to account that the costs that would normally be spread out with a day/return ticket are only being used once. You have the card processing fee if they're paying by card (usually about 2%), paper, driver's time (selecting ticket, counting change etc.). Sure, it's not a lot, but it all adds up.

I'd actually be quite interested in seeing the average amount of times a day ticket is used, my guess is probably 3 (with most people using it 4 times ie. two buses out, two buses in, with a slightly less amount of people using it essentially as a return ticket)

Why shouldn't those people be encouraged to use the bus? 

It's cheaper to cadge a lift (clogging up the roads when doing so and probably delaying buses) to the station. 
It's probably easier for some to do that judging by the number of cars clogging up roads around Durham and Newcastle stations. 

Whether they're making the return trip or not the same day, they're making the conscious decision to not use the bus.
Is it because using the bus  isn't convenient or is it because getting a lift is cheaper?

Each person getting a lift to the station is a potential bus passenger. To ignore them, would be folly.

2018/19
8.914 million
– Interchange
  0.376 million

You're telling me, that those sorts of numbers wouldn't make a difference to the timekeeping, success or failure of a service and they're probably not the sort of passengers a bus operator would encourage to use the bus? Huh

26 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm #722
(26 Feb 2020, 1:06 pm)Storx It's a weird one the 19, if I'm right it was the first bus to be branded in the newer styles (full branding). I might be wrong there, if so what was it? Yet nowadays it's just nothing really.

Bit off topic here but totally forgot about it until you mentioned it and it's still imo the nicest livery GNE has ever had as it was basic yet modern before they went stupid and overboard. Same with the original Cobalt Clipper.

These for those who can't remember:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/10853794106 - Route 19
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ten6083/30188664468 - Cobalt Clipper

Pretty much the 22, 309, 310, X39, X6, 22X and the lot have killed it tho as you can get most places direct now without changing.

The problem is the 19 is it's £3.10 for a single and £5.30 for a return from Seaton Delaval to Northumberland Park. Once you then add on the metro on top of that at your talking £8.50 - £10.60 a day depending on where your going. Even with passes you can't get it down that much possibly down to the £7.40 mark. (It's upto £150 a month).

Until realistic multi operator tickets exist for the whole of the N. East your never going to sort traffic problems out, putting bike lanes in Gosforth isn't going to solve the issues with people driving from SE Northumberland and with prices like that it's not realistic to use public transport. That's nearly 2 hours a day of some peoples wages.

That Route 19 livery looks an awful lot better than some of their current ones! That would have looked quite good if they'd done that for The 49

(26 Feb 2020, 1:07 pm)Rob44 Seen as we are on about day tickets.... are they transferable?  On the ones ive had ive not notice anything to say that you cant pass it on to someone else after your done with it?

Technically no according to the ticket terms and conditions, but realistically they have no way of checking unless they check the CCTV

Quote:8. Tickets are not transferable and may be used only by the person for whom the ticket was purchased (and named on the key smartcard if being used for). If a ticket is transferred, it will be confiscated and both the person to whom it was issued and the person to whom it was transferred or attempted to be transferred, will be liable to prosecution.

(26 Feb 2020, 1:09 pm)Andreos1 Why shouldn't those people be encouraged to use the bus? 

2018/19
8.914 million
– Interchange
  0.376 million

For those types of people (catching the train especially), the cost of a single ticket is probably a drop in the ocean compared to what they've already paid. Not that that's an excuse, but it's the truth!
I personally don't think the ticket prices are that unreasonable, sure they're not a £1.50 flat fare, but they're also not heavily subsidised either!
If you compare to a taxi, it's probably still cheaper (unless you're in a group, but then you're still having multiple people in a vehicle)
streetdeckfan
26 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm #722

(26 Feb 2020, 1:06 pm)Storx It's a weird one the 19, if I'm right it was the first bus to be branded in the newer styles (full branding). I might be wrong there, if so what was it? Yet nowadays it's just nothing really.

Bit off topic here but totally forgot about it until you mentioned it and it's still imo the nicest livery GNE has ever had as it was basic yet modern before they went stupid and overboard. Same with the original Cobalt Clipper.

Pretty much the 22, 309, 310, X39, X6, 22X and the lot have killed it tho as you can get most places direct now without changing.

The problem is the 19 is it's £3.10 for a single and £5.30 for a return from Seaton Delaval to Northumberland Park. Once you then add on the metro on top of that at your talking £8.50 - £10.60 a day depending on where your going. Even with passes you can't get it down that much possibly down to the £7.40 mark. (It's upto £150 a month).

Until realistic multi operator tickets exist for the whole of the N. East your never going to sort traffic problems out, putting bike lanes in Gosforth isn't going to solve the issues with people driving from SE Northumberland and with prices like that it's not realistic to use public transport. That's nearly 2 hours a day of some peoples wages.

That Route 19 livery looks an awful lot better than some of their current ones! That would have looked quite good if they'd done that for The 49

(26 Feb 2020, 1:07 pm)Rob44 Seen as we are on about day tickets.... are they transferable?  On the ones ive had ive not notice anything to say that you cant pass it on to someone else after your done with it?

Technically no according to the ticket terms and conditions, but realistically they have no way of checking unless they check the CCTV

Quote:8. Tickets are not transferable and may be used only by the person for whom the ticket was purchased (and named on the key smartcard if being used for). If a ticket is transferred, it will be confiscated and both the person to whom it was issued and the person to whom it was transferred or attempted to be transferred, will be liable to prosecution.

(26 Feb 2020, 1:09 pm)Andreos1 Why shouldn't those people be encouraged to use the bus? 

2018/19
8.914 million
– Interchange
  0.376 million

For those types of people (catching the train especially), the cost of a single ticket is probably a drop in the ocean compared to what they've already paid. Not that that's an excuse, but it's the truth!
I personally don't think the ticket prices are that unreasonable, sure they're not a £1.50 flat fare, but they're also not heavily subsidised either!
If you compare to a taxi, it's probably still cheaper (unless you're in a group, but then you're still having multiple people in a vehicle)

Storx

26 Feb 2020, 1:21 pm #723

Nope - https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...rriage.pdf

"Tickets are not transferrable. You should apply to our customer services team if you believe your circumstances have changed and you would like to transfer your ticket to another person."
Storx
26 Feb 2020, 1:21 pm #723

Nope - https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...rriage.pdf

"Tickets are not transferrable. You should apply to our customer services team if you believe your circumstances have changed and you would like to transfer your ticket to another person."

Andreos1

26 Feb 2020, 1:26 pm #724

Don't forget the special adaptations made for the bus lane! 
You can see the guide wheels towards the front of the vehicle. 

(26 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm)streetdeckfan That Route 19 livery looks an awful lot better than some of their current ones! That would have looked quite good if they'd done that for The 49

Howay man. 
Eezypeazy used to moan at me for my apparent sweeping statements.
That one takes the mick. 

Me and MrsC used the train from R&C to Newcastle. Got a return and used our two together railcard.
Bought on the day, it came to just over £20 for the two of us.

A single from Newcastle to Houghton is just under a fiver each.
It's not much cheaper from Durham to Houghton.

Priced up a single to York recently? I've not compared the price per mile compared to the bus to the station, but I reckon there will be a significant difference.

Flights to Morocco from Manchester are showing at not much more.

You're comparing chalk with cheese.

Andreos1
26 Feb 2020, 1:26 pm #724

Don't forget the special adaptations made for the bus lane! 
You can see the guide wheels towards the front of the vehicle. 

(26 Feb 2020, 1:17 pm)streetdeckfan That Route 19 livery looks an awful lot better than some of their current ones! That would have looked quite good if they'd done that for The 49

Howay man. 
Eezypeazy used to moan at me for my apparent sweeping statements.
That one takes the mick. 

Me and MrsC used the train from R&C to Newcastle. Got a return and used our two together railcard.
Bought on the day, it came to just over £20 for the two of us.

A single from Newcastle to Houghton is just under a fiver each.
It's not much cheaper from Durham to Houghton.

Priced up a single to York recently? I've not compared the price per mile compared to the bus to the station, but I reckon there will be a significant difference.

Flights to Morocco from Manchester are showing at not much more.

You're comparing chalk with cheese.

Rob44

26 Feb 2020, 1:40 pm #725
Thanks for the infor. That is what I thought although.
Rob44
26 Feb 2020, 1:40 pm #725

Thanks for the infor. That is what I thought although.

01 Mar 2020, 7:05 pm #726
Has there ever been a direct bus between Lanchester & Chester-Le-Street?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
01 Mar 2020, 7:05 pm #726

Has there ever been a direct bus between Lanchester & Chester-Le-Street?

Malarkey

01 Mar 2020, 8:39 pm #727
(01 Mar 2020, 7:05 pm)ASX_Terranova Has there ever been a direct bus between Lanchester & Chester-Le-Street?

I'm sure years ago there was a 77x service which linked the two areas together, best place to look would've been the Bygone Era on here but all the files for Timetables seem to of been removed.
Malarkey
01 Mar 2020, 8:39 pm #727

(01 Mar 2020, 7:05 pm)ASX_Terranova Has there ever been a direct bus between Lanchester & Chester-Le-Street?

I'm sure years ago there was a 77x service which linked the two areas together, best place to look would've been the Bygone Era on here but all the files for Timetables seem to of been removed.

V514DFT

01 Mar 2020, 9:33 pm #728
I want to say a bus number that was in the 700's

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
01 Mar 2020, 9:33 pm #728

I want to say a bus number that was in the 700's

Kind Regards
Tez

GuyParkRoyal

02 Mar 2020, 8:04 am #729
Yes there was a 752 service between Chester le Street and Lanchester via Burnhope. I think it ended around 2005/6 when DCC stopped funding it due to low passenger numbers.
GuyParkRoyal
02 Mar 2020, 8:04 am #729

Yes there was a 752 service between Chester le Street and Lanchester via Burnhope. I think it ended around 2005/6 when DCC stopped funding it due to low passenger numbers.

Malarkey

02 Mar 2020, 4:08 pm #730
(02 Mar 2020, 8:04 am)GuyParkRoyal Yes there was a 752 service between Chester le Street and Lanchester via Burnhope. I think it ended around 2005/6 when DCC stopped funding it due to low passenger numbers.

The only way it would work in the present day would be by merging the 8/30 together baring in mind at the moment it is a case of swapping buses at Stanley and the potential of a short waiting time for either service thus giving Lanchester a direct link to Sunderland.

Another idea would be to merge the 30/X31 together to give them a direct link to Newcastle again rather than changing buses at Consett/Stanley or Durham.

Could perhaps do both mergers and have them run once an hour to both Newcastle and Sunderland.

Further to the above you could also merge the peak X32 with the 30 and again have it run hourly throughout the day rather than just peak times.
Malarkey
02 Mar 2020, 4:08 pm #730

(02 Mar 2020, 8:04 am)GuyParkRoyal Yes there was a 752 service between Chester le Street and Lanchester via Burnhope. I think it ended around 2005/6 when DCC stopped funding it due to low passenger numbers.

The only way it would work in the present day would be by merging the 8/30 together baring in mind at the moment it is a case of swapping buses at Stanley and the potential of a short waiting time for either service thus giving Lanchester a direct link to Sunderland.

Another idea would be to merge the 30/X31 together to give them a direct link to Newcastle again rather than changing buses at Consett/Stanley or Durham.

Could perhaps do both mergers and have them run once an hour to both Newcastle and Sunderland.

Further to the above you could also merge the peak X32 with the 30 and again have it run hourly throughout the day rather than just peak times.

Andreos1

02 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm #731
(02 Mar 2020, 4:08 pm)Malarkey The only way it would work in the present day would be by merging the 8/30 together baring in mind at the moment it is a case of swapping buses at Stanley and the potential of a short waiting time for either service thus giving Lanchester a direct link to Sunderland.

Extend 8 to Consett and send the 78 to Lanchester, via South Moor etc.
Consett to Chester journey time would be shorter than it is currently.
The 78 would then connect the various villages between Chester and Lanchester via Stanley.

There's obviously an underlying reason they stopped the Lanchester - Newcastle service. Timekeeping perhaps? Plus it encourages people to buy a day ticket, over a return.

Andreos1
02 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm #731

(02 Mar 2020, 4:08 pm)Malarkey The only way it would work in the present day would be by merging the 8/30 together baring in mind at the moment it is a case of swapping buses at Stanley and the potential of a short waiting time for either service thus giving Lanchester a direct link to Sunderland.

Extend 8 to Consett and send the 78 to Lanchester, via South Moor etc.
Consett to Chester journey time would be shorter than it is currently.
The 78 would then connect the various villages between Chester and Lanchester via Stanley.

There's obviously an underlying reason they stopped the Lanchester - Newcastle service. Timekeeping perhaps? Plus it encourages people to buy a day ticket, over a return.

02 Mar 2020, 5:41 pm #732
(02 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm)Andreos1 Plus it encourages people to buy a day ticket, over a return.

I think that's probably a key factor!
streetdeckfan
02 Mar 2020, 5:41 pm #732

(02 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm)Andreos1 Plus it encourages people to buy a day ticket, over a return.

I think that's probably a key factor!

02 Mar 2020, 6:45 pm #733

Probably not like this X7 (Feel free to change its number) [attachment=9327]

ASX_Terranova
02 Mar 2020, 6:45 pm #733

Probably not like this X7 (Feel free to change its number) [attachment=9327]

07 Mar 2020, 9:38 am #734
These may be intresting ideas but I'm gonna post them anyway.
Some of them may be decent.
[attachment=9332]

ASX_Terranova
07 Mar 2020, 9:38 am #734

These may be intresting ideas but I'm gonna post them anyway.
[attachment=9332]

N1cholas

07 Mar 2020, 1:22 pm #735
(07 Mar 2020, 9:38 am)ASX_Terranova These may be interesting ideas but I'm gonna post them anyway.
Lots of ideas there but how many services do you want going to the galleries, or do you just want the galleries to be a central hub where you can get a bus to just about anywhere in the north east
N1cholas
07 Mar 2020, 1:22 pm #735

(07 Mar 2020, 9:38 am)ASX_Terranova These may be interesting ideas but I'm gonna post them anyway.
Lots of ideas there but how many services do you want going to the galleries, or do you just want the galleries to be a central hub where you can get a bus to just about anywhere in the north east

08 Mar 2020, 12:48 pm #736
(07 Mar 2020, 1:22 pm)N1cholas Lots of ideas there but how many services do you want going to the galleries, or do you just want the galleries to be a central hub where you can get a bus to just about anywhere in the north east

Its Probably bias, as i live in Washington. Another express into newcastle, a direct weekday service to the metrocentre and probably a frequency increase on 2/2A would do and maybe better links to waterview park.

If i do win the lottery i will try and get a services going myself, especially the X4 Idea.
Edited 08 Mar 2020, 12:50 pm by ASX_Terranova.

ASX_Terranova
08 Mar 2020, 12:48 pm #736

(07 Mar 2020, 1:22 pm)N1cholas Lots of ideas there but how many services do you want going to the galleries, or do you just want the galleries to be a central hub where you can get a bus to just about anywhere in the north east

Its Probably bias, as i live in Washington. Another express into newcastle, a direct weekday service to the metrocentre and probably a frequency increase on 2/2A would do and maybe better links to waterview park.

If i do win the lottery i will try and get a services going myself, especially the X4 Idea.

03 Apr 2020, 1:42 pm #737
Service - Fab 56 - reduced by one bus an hour in frequency to every 15 mins Monday to Saturday daytimes. Evenings and Sundays every 30 mins.N56 unchanged.

New Service - 73 - every 30 mins Monday to Saturday dayimes. Sunderland Interchange - University of Sunderland - The Royalty Theatre - Royal Hosptial - Pallion - Castletown (via Northern Spire bridge) - Hylton Castle - North Hylton - Waterview Park - Teal Farm - Peel Retail Park - Sulgrave - Concord Bus Station - The Drive - Donwell - Usworth - Follingsby Park - Leam Lane - Heworth (current 84 route between Concord and Heworth)

This service will merge parts of the routes currently served by the existing 73 and 135/136. This service would also provide new and direct links between more northern villages of Washington, Pallion and the Royal Hosptial, via the Northern Spire. Am I right in thinking this is not currently served by any bus service? Better links would also be provided to the improved Peel Retail Park. This service would replaced the 84 between Concord and Heworth. Fab fifty Six reduced by one bus an hour, existing 73 would be scrapped and services 135/6 would be shortened.  This would help fund this new service run commercially.

New Service 73A - Every 60 mins evenings and Sundays - The route will be exactly the same as service 73, except it will not serve the Donwell - Heworth part of the route and instead continue to Washington Galleries, via Albany. Service 86 will no longer serve Waterview Park and Teal Farm as this new service would cover these areas instead. Reisdents living in Teal Farm would now benefit with a bus every hour on Sundays. Sulgrave would benefit with an extra bus per hour to the Galleries on evenings and Sundays. Peel Retail Park would also be served by an extra bus per hour.

Services 135/6 - Town End Farm - Downhill - Ravenswood Road/Runcorn Road - Witherwack Wiltshire Road - Southwick - Sunderland Interchange

Service 83 - Rickleton - Harraton - Wear Industrial Estate - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Barmston Court - Barmston Waskerley Road - Peel Retail Park - Concord (via Glover) - Donwell - Coach Road Estate

Service 84 - Birtley - Portmeads - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Barmston Village Centre - Spout Lane - Concord Bus Station

Service 85/6 - service 85 will remain unchanged. Service 86 will serve Knoulberry Road, instead of Thirlmoor to provide a bus service to both sides of the village. Service 86 will no longer serve Teal Farm as new services 73 and 73A will serve here instead. Service 86 could possibly  be extended/merged with Service 23 Mondays to Saturdays
Washingtonian
03 Apr 2020, 1:42 pm #737

Service - Fab 56 - reduced by one bus an hour in frequency to every 15 mins Monday to Saturday daytimes. Evenings and Sundays every 30 mins.N56 unchanged.

New Service - 73 - every 30 mins Monday to Saturday dayimes. Sunderland Interchange - University of Sunderland - The Royalty Theatre - Royal Hosptial - Pallion - Castletown (via Northern Spire bridge) - Hylton Castle - North Hylton - Waterview Park - Teal Farm - Peel Retail Park - Sulgrave - Concord Bus Station - The Drive - Donwell - Usworth - Follingsby Park - Leam Lane - Heworth (current 84 route between Concord and Heworth)

This service will merge parts of the routes currently served by the existing 73 and 135/136. This service would also provide new and direct links between more northern villages of Washington, Pallion and the Royal Hosptial, via the Northern Spire. Am I right in thinking this is not currently served by any bus service? Better links would also be provided to the improved Peel Retail Park. This service would replaced the 84 between Concord and Heworth. Fab fifty Six reduced by one bus an hour, existing 73 would be scrapped and services 135/6 would be shortened.  This would help fund this new service run commercially.

New Service 73A - Every 60 mins evenings and Sundays - The route will be exactly the same as service 73, except it will not serve the Donwell - Heworth part of the route and instead continue to Washington Galleries, via Albany. Service 86 will no longer serve Waterview Park and Teal Farm as this new service would cover these areas instead. Reisdents living in Teal Farm would now benefit with a bus every hour on Sundays. Sulgrave would benefit with an extra bus per hour to the Galleries on evenings and Sundays. Peel Retail Park would also be served by an extra bus per hour.

Services 135/6 - Town End Farm - Downhill - Ravenswood Road/Runcorn Road - Witherwack Wiltshire Road - Southwick - Sunderland Interchange

Service 83 - Rickleton - Harraton - Wear Industrial Estate - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Barmston Court - Barmston Waskerley Road - Peel Retail Park - Concord (via Glover) - Donwell - Coach Road Estate

Service 84 - Birtley - Portmeads - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Barmston Village Centre - Spout Lane - Concord Bus Station

Service 85/6 - service 85 will remain unchanged. Service 86 will serve Knoulberry Road, instead of Thirlmoor to provide a bus service to both sides of the village. Service 86 will no longer serve Teal Farm as new services 73 and 73A will serve here instead. Service 86 could possibly  be extended/merged with Service 23 Mondays to Saturdays

L469 YVK

15 Apr 2020, 9:48 pm #738
Talking about the FB update and potential service levels going forward post C19 based on changing demand, they could reduce the Cobalt & Coast PVR by 2x vehicles to 14x and still maintain a 7-8 min frequency (a slight drop from every 6-7 mins).

- 309: Every 30 mins
- 310: Every 30 mins but via Cobalt and no longer serving High Farm
- 311: Increased to every 15 mins
- X39 either axed or if still needed, worked of 311 / Misc

Sample board would be as follows:
N.Shields 310 dep: 00:57
Ncl 310 arr: 01:49
Ncl 311 dep: 01:56
H.Park 311 arr: 02:22
H.Park 311 dep: 02:25
Ncl 311 arr:  02:56
Ncl 309 dep: 03:04
Blyth 309 arr: 04:10
Blyth 309 dep: 04:25
Ncl 309 arr: 05:34
Ncl 311 dep: 05:41
H.Park 311 arr: 06:07
H.Park 310 dep: 06:10
Ncl 311 arr: 06:41
Ncl 310 dep: 06:49
N.Shields 310 arr: 07:40
L469 YVK
15 Apr 2020, 9:48 pm #738

Talking about the FB update and potential service levels going forward post C19 based on changing demand, they could reduce the Cobalt & Coast PVR by 2x vehicles to 14x and still maintain a 7-8 min frequency (a slight drop from every 6-7 mins).

Storx

16 Apr 2020, 10:37 am #739
(15 Apr 2020, 9:48 pm)L469 YVK Talking about the FB update and potential service levels going forward post C19 based on changing demand, they could reduce the Cobalt & Coast PVR by 2x vehicles to 14x and still maintain a 7-8 min frequency (a slight drop from every 6-7 mins).

If you do this you might aswell terminate the 309 at Cobalt and have a few peak runs to Blyth as no-one will use it and downgrade them all to mini buses. This isn't the first time you've totally ignored 3/4 of a bus route. The 309 is Newcastle -> Battle Hill -> Cobalt -> N Tyneside Hospital -> Whitley Bay -> Seaton Sluice -> South Beach -> Blyth. You've just gone and decimated the bit in bold from every 15 mins to 30 mins, where there's competition with Arriva who will be laughing. You do realise the 308 is one of Arriva NE's top performing routes right?
Storx
16 Apr 2020, 10:37 am #739

(15 Apr 2020, 9:48 pm)L469 YVK Talking about the FB update and potential service levels going forward post C19 based on changing demand, they could reduce the Cobalt & Coast PVR by 2x vehicles to 14x and still maintain a 7-8 min frequency (a slight drop from every 6-7 mins).

If you do this you might aswell terminate the 309 at Cobalt and have a few peak runs to Blyth as no-one will use it and downgrade them all to mini buses. This isn't the first time you've totally ignored 3/4 of a bus route. The 309 is Newcastle -> Battle Hill -> Cobalt -> N Tyneside Hospital -> Whitley Bay -> Seaton Sluice -> South Beach -> Blyth. You've just gone and decimated the bit in bold from every 15 mins to 30 mins, where there's competition with Arriva who will be laughing. You do realise the 308 is one of Arriva NE's top performing routes right?

Michael

16 Apr 2020, 10:56 am #740

Can you talk about another service(s), you seem to be obsessed with these ones Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Apr 2020, 10:56 am #740

Can you talk about another service(s), you seem to be obsessed with these ones Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (147): Previous 136 37 38147 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average