Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (147): Previous 112 13 14147 Next
11 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm #241
27 back to 12 min service.——-26 newcastle,Gateshead interchange,deckham,qe hosp, leam lane estate,wardley,Moncton buissness park,finchale rd,Luke’s lane,Campbell park rd, station rd,argyle st,Black rd, Victoria rd east,jarrow bus station, then aspresent route to South Shields. run at 20 min intervals.
Northern4555
11 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm #241

27 back to 12 min service.——-26 newcastle,Gateshead interchange,deckham,qe hosp, leam lane estate,wardley,Moncton buissness park,finchale rd,Luke’s lane,Campbell park rd, station rd,argyle st,Black rd, Victoria rd east,jarrow bus station, then aspresent route to South Shields. run at 20 min intervals.

11 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm #242
35 ( Heworth , Boldon , Town End Farm , Castletown Retail Park , Southwick , Sunderland Interchange , Grangetown , Ryhope Village , New Seaham , Seaham then direct to Peterlee )
first bus at 5.30am From Heworth arriving at Boldon for 5.41 at Cinema then Gets to sunderland interchange for 6:25 and departing at 6.28 then terminates at Peterlee bus station at 07:05.
X7 will instead run to Middlesborough every hour.
Citaro5326
11 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm #242

35 ( Heworth , Boldon , Town End Farm , Castletown Retail Park , Southwick , Sunderland Interchange , Grangetown , Ryhope Village , New Seaham , Seaham then direct to Peterlee )
first bus at 5.30am From Heworth arriving at Boldon for 5.41 at Cinema then Gets to sunderland interchange for 6:25 and departing at 6.28 then terminates at Peterlee bus station at 07:05.
X7 will instead run to Middlesborough every hour.

V514DFT

21 Feb 2018, 12:37 pm #243
Dont take these too literally but a few wacky suggestions
5-operate additionally via Royal Quays
11-to be joined by 11A
11A-Whitley Bay-Metrocentre same as 11 to Howdon Road then operates via Sita then re-joins the 11 at Howdon,from Wallsend it then operates via Walker-St Peters Basin and the quayside then re-joins the 11 in Newcastle last journey to terminate in Newcastle services 11 and 11A to interwork in Newcastle,current 11A to be re-numbered 11B
11B-current 11A
43-Forest Hall-Wallsend via Freeman Hospital-Byker-St Peters Basin-Walker

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
21 Feb 2018, 12:37 pm #243

Dont take these too literally but a few wacky suggestions
5-operate additionally via Royal Quays
11-to be joined by 11A
11A-Whitley Bay-Metrocentre same as 11 to Howdon Road then operates via Sita then re-joins the 11 at Howdon,from Wallsend it then operates via Walker-St Peters Basin and the quayside then re-joins the 11 in Newcastle last journey to terminate in Newcastle services 11 and 11A to interwork in Newcastle,current 11A to be re-numbered 11B
11B-current 11A
43-Forest Hall-Wallsend via Freeman Hospital-Byker-St Peters Basin-Walker

Kind Regards
Tez

JM03

12 Mar 2018, 9:46 pm #244
N1 Northumberland park interchange - Holystone park - Palmerville metro - Clousden Hill - Killingworth village - East Bailey - West Bailey - West Moor - Quorum*
Will be operated on baby solo. * - only served during peak hours.
9A North Shields - Jarrow - Fellgate - Boldon - Sunderland. Basically old 9, needed a lot around Shields I've noticed.
9B Heworth - Boldon ASDA - Southwick - Sunderland. Will do sunderland he worth for 35 during daytimes.
35 Normal 35A operates on evening and sundays as normal.
9s will have new optare solos SR and will require 4. On top, 2 more mercs. Don't have a clue where to get from.
JM03
12 Mar 2018, 9:46 pm #244

N1 Northumberland park interchange - Holystone park - Palmerville metro - Clousden Hill - Killingworth village - East Bailey - West Bailey - West Moor - Quorum*
Will be operated on baby solo. * - only served during peak hours.
9A North Shields - Jarrow - Fellgate - Boldon - Sunderland. Basically old 9, needed a lot around Shields I've noticed.
9B Heworth - Boldon ASDA - Southwick - Sunderland. Will do sunderland he worth for 35 during daytimes.
35 Normal 35A operates on evening and sundays as normal.
9s will have new optare solos SR and will require 4. On top, 2 more mercs. Don't have a clue where to get from.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm #245
Extended 18

Tindale Crescent-Woodhouse Close-Bishop Auckland-Coundon-Shildon-Jubilee Estate

New 18A

Jubilee Estate-Shildon King William-Tindale Crescent-Woodhouse Close-Bishop Auckland

Both Interworking, running on a circleand links up Tindale Crescent with both Shildon and Coundon

Extended X21

Extend one X21 per hour to Shildon King William, which would give Shildon an hourly Service to Durham

I thought Murton was bad, but they have a decent service out of Dalton Park now, The service in Shildon is shocking...

Arrivas 1 aint too bad, bit the 5/5A is shocking at times, the X1 only serves the bottom of Shildon, and the only other service is the Scarlet Band 99 which only runs hourly to Spennymoor hourly on weekdays only till just before 6pm and the Sunday service is shocking...one 5A per hour and the 1ph 1B that only goes to the Hippodrome in Shildon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
14 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm #245

Extended 18

New 18A

Jubilee Estate-Shildon King William-Tindale Crescent-Woodhouse Close-Bishop Auckland

Both Interworking, running on a circleand links up Tindale Crescent with both Shildon and Coundon

Extended X21

Extend one X21 per hour to Shildon King William, which would give Shildon an hourly Service to Durham

I thought Murton was bad, but they have a decent service out of Dalton Park now, The service in Shildon is shocking...

Arrivas 1 aint too bad, bit the 5/5A is shocking at times, the X1 only serves the bottom of Shildon, and the only other service is the Scarlet Band 99 which only runs hourly to Spennymoor hourly on weekdays only till just before 6pm and the Sunday service is shocking...one 5A per hour and the 1ph 1B that only goes to the Hippodrome in Shildon

Jimmi

14 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm #246
(14 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm)MrFozz Extended 18

New 18A

Extended X21

Think the location of Shildon itself and the areas around it would make it difficult to sustain much more services than it already has, think its declined massively over the last few years as it seems the way people shop has changed and then there's the fact Bishop Auckland Town Centre is becoming a ghost town since Tindle Crescent popped up plus Newton Aycliffe and  Spennymoor are hardly go to place's either. As Tindle Crescent is thriving, perhaps more services via this area could be a good move.

I have to agree about the 5/5A, always seems to be late by Cabin Gate and unlike the 1, there isn't really anywhere to make up time until you get towards Aycliffe Industrial Estate and Darlington.
Jimmi
14 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm #246

New 18A

Extended X21

Think the location of Shildon itself and the areas around it would make it difficult to sustain much more services than it already has, think its declined massively over the last few years as it seems the way people shop has changed and then there's the fact Bishop Auckland Town Centre is becoming a ghost town since Tindle Crescent popped up plus Newton Aycliffe and  Spennymoor are hardly go to place's either. As Tindle Crescent is thriving, perhaps more services via this area could be a good move.

I have to agree about the 5/5A, always seems to be late by Cabin Gate and unlike the 1, there isn't really anywhere to make up time until you get towards Aycliffe Industrial Estate and Darlington.

Andreos1

14 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm #247

New 18A

Extended X21

Shocking Wink

You need a revolutionary fighting force Fozz, that fights an annoying, but concerted battle against operators.
Like the one that exists in a small village just outside Houghton.

It may just be pure coincidence, but destinations and service levels are at a standard not seen for a long time (even if some of those locations are a tad obscure and run-offs are still too early).
The village is also a purple Solar free zone these days (to be honest, even when allocated to the 20A/X20, they were so often missing, it was almost a purple Solar free zone then too...).

Keep at it Fozz and get the people of Shildon a service they deserve.
Edited 14 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm #247

New 18A

Extended X21

Shocking Wink

You need a revolutionary fighting force Fozz, that fights an annoying, but concerted battle against operators.

It may just be pure coincidence, but destinations and service levels are at a standard not seen for a long time (even if some of those locations are a tad obscure and run-offs are still too early).
The village is also a purple Solar free zone these days (to be honest, even when allocated to the 20A/X20, they were so often missing, it was almost a purple Solar free zone then too...).

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Mar 2018, 6:21 pm #248
(14 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm)Jimmi Think the location of Shildon itself and the areas around it would make it difficult to sustain much more services than it already has, think its declined massively over the last few years as it seems the way people shop has changed and then there's the fact Bishop Auckland Town Centre is becoming a ghost town since Tindle Crescent popped up plus Newton Aycliffe and  Spennymoor are hardly go to place's either. As Tindle Crescent is thriving, perhaps more services via this area could be a good move.

I agree Jimmi, but I feel Shildon could do with a bit competition, thats what de-regulation was meant to achieve in the 1st place...

Arriva seem to be complacent, I feel a shake up is needed, and if GNE could enter, either by extending the 18 or my X21 idea, it may make them sit up and take notice

(14 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm)Andreos1 Shocking Wink

The Shildon Revolutionary Front...

Watch this space lol

MrFozz
14 Mar 2018, 6:21 pm #248

(14 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm)Jimmi Think the location of Shildon itself and the areas around it would make it difficult to sustain much more services than it already has, think its declined massively over the last few years as it seems the way people shop has changed and then there's the fact Bishop Auckland Town Centre is becoming a ghost town since Tindle Crescent popped up plus Newton Aycliffe and  Spennymoor are hardly go to place's either. As Tindle Crescent is thriving, perhaps more services via this area could be a good move.

I agree Jimmi, but I feel Shildon could do with a bit competition, thats what de-regulation was meant to achieve in the 1st place...

Arriva seem to be complacent, I feel a shake up is needed, and if GNE could enter, either by extending the 18 or my X21 idea, it may make them sit up and take notice

(14 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm)Andreos1 Shocking Wink

Watch this space lol

Andreos1

15 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm #249
(14 Mar 2018, 6:21 pm)MrFozz I agree Jimmi, but I feel Shildon could do with a bit competition, thats what de-regulation was meant to achieve in the 1st place...

Watch this space lol

I dunno. What about the Shildon Action Society? An acronynm to spread fear amongst people across the world.

Appreciate this isnt the ANE suggestion thread and I'm not too familar with the ins and outs of services in that area, but pretty sure there could be some scope to merge a Darlo - Bishop service with a Bishop - Durham one.
Granted it would be an indirect link between Darlo and Durham, but it could be one that improved a number of connections/links.

5a merges with a variation of the short 6 perhaps?
The 56 gets extended to Shildon at the expense of a 5, that just does a loop and heads back to Darlington?
Edited 15 Mar 2018, 1:15 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
15 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm #249

(14 Mar 2018, 6:21 pm)MrFozz I agree Jimmi, but I feel Shildon could do with a bit competition, thats what de-regulation was meant to achieve in the 1st place...

Watch this space lol

I dunno. What about the Shildon Action Society? An acronynm to spread fear amongst people across the world.

Appreciate this isnt the ANE suggestion thread and I'm not too familar with the ins and outs of services in that area, but pretty sure there could be some scope to merge a Darlo - Bishop service with a Bishop - Durham one.
Granted it would be an indirect link between Darlo and Durham, but it could be one that improved a number of connections/links.

The 56 gets extended to Shildon at the expense of a 5, that just does a loop and heads back to Darlington?

Jimmi

15 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm #250
(15 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm)Andreos1 I dunno. What about the Shildon Action Society? An acronynm to spread fear amongst people across the world.

The 5/5A did replace the 6 and ran Darlington - Bishop Auckland - Durham a few years back but didn't last long, unfortunately with how successful Tindle Crescent is, I can't see Arriva reversing this decision because of the through links it creates  I am told that quite a few so actually jump off the 1/5/5A/X1 at Bishop Auckland Bus Station then jump onto a 6 or X21, so this could actually be something that GNE could try, only downsides are,  you would probably have to split the registrations if you extended the X21 any further than Bishop Auckland and then there's the extra resources that would be required.
Jimmi
15 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm #250

(15 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm)Andreos1 I dunno. What about the Shildon Action Society? An acronynm to spread fear amongst people across the world.

The 5/5A did replace the 6 and ran Darlington - Bishop Auckland - Durham a few years back but didn't last long, unfortunately with how successful Tindle Crescent is, I can't see Arriva reversing this decision because of the through links it creates  I am told that quite a few so actually jump off the 1/5/5A/X1 at Bishop Auckland Bus Station then jump onto a 6 or X21, so this could actually be something that GNE could try, only downsides are,  you would probably have to split the registrations if you extended the X21 any further than Bishop Auckland and then there's the extra resources that would be required.

Andreos1

15 Mar 2018, 11:01 pm #251
(15 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm)Jimmi The 5/5A did replace the 6 and ran Darlington - Bishop Auckland - Durham a few years back but didn't last long, unfortunately with how successful Tindle Crescent is, I can't see Arriva reversing this decision because of the through links it creates  I am told that quite a few so actually jump off the 1/5/5A/X1 at Bishop Auckland Bus Station then jump onto a 6 or X21, so this could actually be something that GNE could try, only downsides are,  you would probably have to split the registrations if you extended the X21 any further than Bishop Auckland and then there's the extra resources that would be required.

With a bit of tinkering, it could be possible to have the 6 serve Bishop, Tindale Cres and Shildon.
Have it operate out of Bishop via the hospital, towards Tindale along the old road, out along new road towards Shildon and anti-clockwise loop towards Bishop.
Have the 5 operate the clockwise loop and you have a happy Fozz.
One bus to Durham, a quick bus to Bishop and all current links maintained (I think).

No idea how it would work on paper like. Even though in my head, it would work like a charm.

Andreos1
15 Mar 2018, 11:01 pm #251

(15 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm)Jimmi The 5/5A did replace the 6 and ran Darlington - Bishop Auckland - Durham a few years back but didn't last long, unfortunately with how successful Tindle Crescent is, I can't see Arriva reversing this decision because of the through links it creates  I am told that quite a few so actually jump off the 1/5/5A/X1 at Bishop Auckland Bus Station then jump onto a 6 or X21, so this could actually be something that GNE could try, only downsides are,  you would probably have to split the registrations if you extended the X21 any further than Bishop Auckland and then there's the extra resources that would be required.

With a bit of tinkering, it could be possible to have the 6 serve Bishop, Tindale Cres and Shildon.
Have it operate out of Bishop via the hospital, towards Tindale along the old road, out along new road towards Shildon and anti-clockwise loop towards Bishop.
Have the 5 operate the clockwise loop and you have a happy Fozz.
One bus to Durham, a quick bus to Bishop and all current links maintained (I think).

No idea how it would work on paper like. Even though in my head, it would work like a charm.

V514DFT

16 Mar 2018, 11:14 am #252
42/A to additionaĺly serve Four Lane Ends,restore lost links previously served by the 353 and 322

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
16 Mar 2018, 11:14 am #252

42/A to additionaĺly serve Four Lane Ends,restore lost links previously served by the 353 and 322

Kind Regards
Tez

Malarkey

19 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm #253
33/33A - Sunderland City Centre - Grangetown - Hollycarrside - Ryhope - Silksworth - Royal Hospital - Clanny House - City Campus - Sunderland City Centre - Stadium of Light - St Peter's Campus - The Docks - Sunderland City Centre
  • Merge of existing services 2/2A between Sunderland City Centre and Silksworth with services 33/33A and 700, this will provide a number of new connections across Sunderland at a frequency of Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes and Every 20 Minutes on Sundays.
2 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Wrekenton - Birtley - Portobello - Rickleton - Harraton - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Fatfield - Barnwell - Hastings Hill - Grindon - Royal Hospital - Sunderland
  • Merge of services 1 between Newcastle and Wrekenton extending to Birtley to merge with service 82 to Washington before further extending to Sunderland via the route of the 2, The revised service would operate Every 15 Minutes between Sunderland and Newcastle Monday to Saturdays and Every 30 Minutes on Sundays.

• Service 1 revised to operate between Newcastle and Whitley Bay only on current frequency.
83 - Heworth - Donwell - Concord - Spout Lane - Barmston Village - Washington Village - Glebe - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord

84 - Concord - Barmston - Waskerley Road - Barmston Court - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord
  • Merge of services 83/84 at Concord with Services 85/86 operating Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturdays and Every 30 Minutes on a Sunday.
Edited 19 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
19 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm #253

33/33A - Sunderland City Centre - Grangetown - Hollycarrside - Ryhope - Silksworth - Royal Hospital - Clanny House - City Campus - Sunderland City Centre - Stadium of Light - St Peter's Campus - The Docks - Sunderland City Centre

• Merge of existing services 2/2A between Sunderland City Centre and Silksworth with services 33/33A and 700, this will provide a number of new connections across Sunderland at a frequency of Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes and Every 20 Minutes on Sundays.
2 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Wrekenton - Birtley - Portobello - Rickleton - Harraton - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Fatfield - Barnwell - Hastings Hill - Grindon - Royal Hospital - Sunderland
  • Merge of services 1 between Newcastle and Wrekenton extending to Birtley to merge with service 82 to Washington before further extending to Sunderland via the route of the 2, The revised service would operate Every 15 Minutes between Sunderland and Newcastle Monday to Saturdays and Every 30 Minutes on Sundays.

• Service 1 revised to operate between Newcastle and Whitley Bay only on current frequency.
83 - Heworth - Donwell - Concord - Spout Lane - Barmston Village - Washington Village - Glebe - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord

84 - Concord - Barmston - Waskerley Road - Barmston Court - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord
  • Merge of services 83/84 at Concord with Services 85/86 operating Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturdays and Every 30 Minutes on a Sunday.

JM03

19 Mar 2018, 8:19 pm #254
Not a fan of revising 1 between Newcastle and Whitley. Key cross city route which cannot be replaced the way i see it
JM03
19 Mar 2018, 8:19 pm #254

Not a fan of revising 1 between Newcastle and Whitley. Key cross city route which cannot be replaced the way i see it

JM03

19 Mar 2018, 8:33 pm #255
1B Whitley Bay - North Shields - Wallsend - Newcastle - Gateshead - Lobley Hill - Whickham. Will operate one of the short coasters once and hour and does 1 route an hour. It'll follow one 97A from NCL onwards to Wickham. 97A will still operate on the same route on a hourly basis. Both still on the same hours and 1B will require a extra bus i'd imagine (Probs 6116 or 17)
97B Newcastle - Gateshead - Low fell - Team Valley south - Kibblesworth - Sunniside - Lobley hill - Dunston - Metrocentre. Will operate once an hour. 28B and 29 times revised to bring a service Kibblesworth to Gateshead every 20 min. The extra vehicles used on 97A to be transferred to 97B.
JM03
19 Mar 2018, 8:33 pm #255

1B Whitley Bay - North Shields - Wallsend - Newcastle - Gateshead - Lobley Hill - Whickham. Will operate one of the short coasters once and hour and does 1 route an hour. It'll follow one 97A from NCL onwards to Wickham. 97A will still operate on the same route on a hourly basis. Both still on the same hours and 1B will require a extra bus i'd imagine (Probs 6116 or 17)
97B Newcastle - Gateshead - Low fell - Team Valley south - Kibblesworth - Sunniside - Lobley hill - Dunston - Metrocentre. Will operate once an hour. 28B and 29 times revised to bring a service Kibblesworth to Gateshead every 20 min. The extra vehicles used on 97A to be transferred to 97B.

20 Mar 2018, 12:05 pm #256
26 Newcastle, Gateshead,sheriff hill qe hosp,felling sq,heworth,pelaw,bill quay,Victoria rd West,burn heads rd, Crawley Ave,mill lane,finch ale rd,Luke’s lane est,Campbell park rd, Hebburn metro,hebburn quay area,black rd,,clock,jarrow bus station then route as now to South Shields.—-27 back to a full 12 min service to South Shields.—-9 murton ,Sunderland jarrow, North Shields. The Hebburn part of the route ,will be mostly covered by service 26.
Northern4555
20 Mar 2018, 12:05 pm #256

26 Newcastle, Gateshead,sheriff hill qe hosp,felling sq,heworth,pelaw,bill quay,Victoria rd West,burn heads rd, Crawley Ave,mill lane,finch ale rd,Luke’s lane est,Campbell park rd, Hebburn metro,hebburn quay area,black rd,,clock,jarrow bus station then route as now to South Shields.—-27 back to a full 12 min service to South Shields.—-9 murton ,Sunderland jarrow, North Shields. The Hebburn part of the route ,will be mostly covered by service 26.

GNE6312

22 Mar 2018, 8:40 pm #257
A nice service set would be 39/39A
Wallsend
Howdon
Tyne tunnel trading estate
Silverlink
A19
East cramlington
High pit
Cramlington railway station(hourly,all evening runs and sundays Wallsend to cramlington runs only)
Cramlington shops
Every half hour monday to saturday and hourly sunday

39A
North shields
Percy main
Silverlink
A19
East cramlington
High pit
Cramlington railway station(hourly,all evening runs and sundays North shields to cramlington only)
Cramlington shops
Every half hour monday to saturday and hourly sunday

Monday to saturday 39 and 39As will swich at cramlington and sundays will stay the same.

It would mean fast buses between north shields/wallsend to cramlington
GNE6312
22 Mar 2018, 8:40 pm #257

A nice service set would be 39/39A
Wallsend
Howdon
Silverlink
A19
East cramlington
High pit
Cramlington railway station(hourly,all evening runs and sundays Wallsend to cramlington runs only)
Cramlington shops
Every half hour monday to saturday and hourly sunday

39A
North shields
Percy main
Silverlink
A19
East cramlington
High pit
Cramlington railway station(hourly,all evening runs and sundays North shields to cramlington only)
Cramlington shops
Every half hour monday to saturday and hourly sunday

Monday to saturday 39 and 39As will swich at cramlington and sundays will stay the same.

It would mean fast buses between north shields/wallsend to cramlington

JM03

23 Mar 2018, 5:29 pm #258
57 - Sent to coast road - silver link - cobalt and maybe even northumberland park interchange via west allotment.
42,42A and the 310 sent around hadrian park intead of 57
JM03
23 Mar 2018, 5:29 pm #258

57 - Sent to coast road - silver link - cobalt and maybe even northumberland park interchange via west allotment.

23 Mar 2018, 11:38 pm #259
(23 Mar 2018, 5:29 pm)JM03 57 - Sent to coast road - silver link - cobalt and maybe even northumberland park interchange via west allotment.

42/42a dont need go round
Jordan2104
23 Mar 2018, 11:38 pm #259

(23 Mar 2018, 5:29 pm)JM03 57 - Sent to coast road - silver link - cobalt and maybe even northumberland park interchange via west allotment.

42/42a dont need go round

GNE6312

25 Mar 2018, 11:28 am #260
Some more new service suggestions for percy main depot

Service 30
Blyth
Seaton sluice
Whitley bay
Cullercoats
Tynemouth
North Shields