Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (108) Previous 135 36 37108 Next
Jimmi

12 Aug 2017, 7:32 am #701
Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for adding extra time into the X9 timetable? Route seemingly hasn't changed, is it just to match up with the X10 departures or is it a case of adding extra running time for reliability as I will admit the routing through Billingham at times can delay it at times, especially if you get stuck at the level crossing, perhaps the few extra minutes in Peterlee will help as well as it does pick up a fair bit of custom through there.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Jimmi
12 Aug 2017, 7:32 am #701

Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for adding extra time into the X9 timetable? Route seemingly hasn't changed, is it just to match up with the X10 departures or is it a case of adding extra running time for reliability as I will admit the routing through Billingham at times can delay it at times, especially if you get stuck at the level crossing, perhaps the few extra minutes in Peterlee will help as well as it does pick up a fair bit of custom through there.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Aug 2017, 7:40 am #702
(12 Aug 2017, 7:32 am)Jimmi Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for adding extra time into the X9 timetable? Route seemingly hasn't changed, is it just to match up with the X10 departures or is it a case of adding extra running time for reliability as I will admit the routing through Billingham at times can delay it at times, especially if you get stuck at the level crossing, perhaps the few extra minutes in Peterlee will help as well as it does pick up a fair bit of custom through there.

A bit of both, I'd say, but mainly to improve reliability. Of the two services, the X9 faces more delays and struggles to make up time.

Yes, splitting the services to avoid the use of tachographs has its operational benefits, but any savings made from this will be offset by the cost of adding an extra bus into the cycle.

The additional stop in Low Fell on the X21 service - paired with the additional running time to improve reliability - seems to have worked wonders. There was a negative reaction about when it was first announced but nobody bats an eyelid now: I think it'll be the same story with the new X9/X10, too.
Dan
12 Aug 2017, 7:40 am #702

(12 Aug 2017, 7:32 am)Jimmi Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for adding extra time into the X9 timetable? Route seemingly hasn't changed, is it just to match up with the X10 departures or is it a case of adding extra running time for reliability as I will admit the routing through Billingham at times can delay it at times, especially if you get stuck at the level crossing, perhaps the few extra minutes in Peterlee will help as well as it does pick up a fair bit of custom through there.

A bit of both, I'd say, but mainly to improve reliability. Of the two services, the X9 faces more delays and struggles to make up time.

Yes, splitting the services to avoid the use of tachographs has its operational benefits, but any savings made from this will be offset by the cost of adding an extra bus into the cycle.

The additional stop in Low Fell on the X21 service - paired with the additional running time to improve reliability - seems to have worked wonders. There was a negative reaction about when it was first announced but nobody bats an eyelid now: I think it'll be the same story with the new X9/X10, too.

Michael

12 Aug 2017, 9:38 am #703
(12 Aug 2017, 7:40 am)Dan A bit of both, I'd say, but mainly to improve reliability. Of the two services, the X9 faces more delays and struggles to make up time.

Any idea when the changes will be on the site?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Aug 2017, 9:38 am #703

(12 Aug 2017, 7:40 am)Dan A bit of both, I'd say, but mainly to improve reliability. Of the two services, the X9 faces more delays and struggles to make up time.

Any idea when the changes will be on the site?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

big mac

13 Aug 2017, 8:23 am #704

Just wondering what the reason was for this introduction?  I am not complaining because living in Low Fell myself I have found the x21 observing the Cannon stop very handy indeed, but was curious as to why this stop was added, because normally changes aren't done for the customers benefit, there is an ulterior motive behind them! Big Grin
big mac
13 Aug 2017, 8:23 am #704

Just wondering what the reason was for this introduction?  I am not complaining because living in Low Fell myself I have found the x21 observing the Cannon stop very handy indeed, but was curious as to why this stop was added, because normally changes aren't done for the customers benefit, there is an ulterior motive behind them! Big Grin

Ambassador

13 Aug 2017, 9:55 am #705
(13 Aug 2017, 8:23 am)big mac Just wondering what the reason was for this introduction?  I am not complaining because living in Low Fell myself I have found the x21 observing the Cannon stop very handy indeed, but was curious as to why this stop was added, because normally changes aren't done for the customers benefit, there is an ulterior motive behind them! Big Grin

I'd guess at providing a quicker link to Durham and Chester for Low Fell? Durham and to an extent Chester and surrounding areas are increasing as an employment centre so a quicker link is welcome.

The bus lane measures probably help during peak runs as opposed to sitting in traffic and to a lesser extent relieve pressure on the 21 and 1 whilst driving passengers off Arriva X12, particularly Newcastle bound.
Edited 13 Aug 2017, 9:56 am by Ambassador.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
13 Aug 2017, 9:55 am #705

(13 Aug 2017, 8:23 am)big mac Just wondering what the reason was for this introduction?  I am not complaining because living in Low Fell myself I have found the x21 observing the Cannon stop very handy indeed, but was curious as to why this stop was added, because normally changes aren't done for the customers benefit, there is an ulterior motive behind them! Big Grin

I'd guess at providing a quicker link to Durham and Chester for Low Fell? Durham and to an extent Chester and surrounding areas are increasing as an employment centre so a quicker link is welcome.

The bus lane measures probably help during peak runs as opposed to sitting in traffic and to a lesser extent relieve pressure on the 21 and 1 whilst driving passengers off Arriva X12, particularly Newcastle bound.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Aug 2017, 11:36 am #706
The X21 ran through there anyway, it can only affect the trip by minutes at most to add the extra stop in. People always get on/off and always wanted to, so it's a good amount of money for the sakes of losing a minute or two on the timetable. Seems rather sensible to me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
13 Aug 2017, 11:36 am #706

The X21 ran through there anyway, it can only affect the trip by minutes at most to add the extra stop in. People always get on/off and always wanted to, so it's a good amount of money for the sakes of losing a minute or two on the timetable. Seems rather sensible to me.

Andreos1

13 Aug 2017, 12:04 pm #707
(13 Aug 2017, 11:36 am)Jamie M The X21 ran through there anyway, it can only affect the trip by minutes at most to add the extra stop in. People always get on/off and always wanted to, so it's a good amount of money for the sakes of losing a minute or two on the timetable. Seems rather sensible to me.

Not always.
There was a right variation of the route, depending on traffic.
Kells Lane/Dryden Road and Old Durham Road were often used.
I am sure Team Valley and Saltwell Road were frequented too.

The stop in Low Fell took away a lot of flexibility and I think the service has been fortunate in that Gateshead Council haven't had much white paint to use up. Apart from a short spell just as the service changed.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Aug 2017, 12:04 pm #707

(13 Aug 2017, 11:36 am)Jamie M The X21 ran through there anyway, it can only affect the trip by minutes at most to add the extra stop in. People always get on/off and always wanted to, so it's a good amount of money for the sakes of losing a minute or two on the timetable. Seems rather sensible to me.

Not always.

The stop in Low Fell took away a lot of flexibility and I think the service has been fortunate in that Gateshead Council haven't had much white paint to use up. Apart from a short spell just as the service changed.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

13 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm #708
(12 Aug 2017, 6:52 am)Dan Hello - welcome to the forum!

Though confirmation has yet to be posted on Go North East's own website; the routing of the X10 service via Dalton Park has been officially registered with the traffic commissioner, to be operated from 3rd September 2017 (so yes, it's definitely happening!) You can also now plan your journey on the Traveline Journey Planner, with confirmed times for when the X10 will operate.

Good to hear that there is a purpose for the early morning journeys through Dalton Park, after all. Connections between services 61 and 202 and X10 at Dalton Park will be promoted - it's not just people from Murton who will be able to travel to Teesside more easily now, it's people from Sunderland too (no need to travel all the way to Gateshead or Heworth to head back south afterwards - just catch the 61 to Dalton Park!)

Looking at traveline:

From Middlesbrough the first X10 to Dalton Park will be, 6:14am from Bus Station Stand 18 (18), Newport Road, Middlesbrough, arriving at Dalton Park for 7:01am. 

First X10 from Newcastle to Dalton Park will be at 6am which will arrive at 6:39am

However there's a X10 from Gateshead at 5:20am towards Dalton Park, which will arrive at 5:48am

Glad they've gone for the early connections on the routes... however the first 61 at Dalton Park isn't until 7:57am towards Sunderland, The X6, 202 and 265 the first buses to arrive and leave at Dalton Park aren't until, 

X6 towards Sunderland: 7:52am
X6 towards Hartlepool: 7:44am

202 towards Peterlee: 6:46am 
202 towards Seaham Byron Place: 7:18am

265 towards Durham: 6:48am
265 towards Seaham: 8:22am

Hopefully some of these change to allow the connections to work.
Edited 13 Aug 2017, 12:30 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm #708

Though confirmation has yet to be posted on Go North East's own website; the routing of the X10 service via Dalton Park has been officially registered with the traffic commissioner, to be operated from 3rd September 2017 (so yes, it's definitely happening!) You can also now plan your journey on the Traveline Journey Planner, with confirmed times for when the X10 will operate.

Good to hear that there is a purpose for the early morning journeys through Dalton Park, after all. Connections between services 61 and 202 and X10 at Dalton Park will be promoted - it's not just people from Murton who will be able to travel to Teesside more easily now, it's people from Sunderland too (no need to travel all the way to Gateshead or Heworth to head back south afterwards - just catch the 61 to Dalton Park!)

Looking at traveline:

From Middlesbrough the first X10 to Dalton Park will be, 6:14am from Bus Station Stand 18 (18), Newport Road, Middlesbrough, arriving at Dalton Park for 7:01am. 

First X10 from Newcastle to Dalton Park will be at 6am which will arrive at 6:39am

However there's a X10 from Gateshead at 5:20am towards Dalton Park, which will arrive at 5:48am

Glad they've gone for the early connections on the routes... however the first 61 at Dalton Park isn't until 7:57am towards Sunderland, The X6, 202 and 265 the first buses to arrive and leave at Dalton Park aren't until, 

X6 towards Sunderland: 7:52am
X6 towards Hartlepool: 7:44am

202 towards Peterlee: 6:46am 
202 towards Seaham Byron Place: 7:18am

265 towards Durham: 6:48am
265 towards Seaham: 8:22am

Hopefully some of these change to allow the connections to work.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

big mac

13 Aug 2017, 5:13 pm #709
(13 Aug 2017, 12:04 pm)Andreos1 Not always.

The stop in Low Fell took away a lot of flexibility
and I think the service has been fortunate in that Gateshead Council haven't had much white paint to use up. Apart from a short spell just as the service changed.

That's what I thought, in that they wouldn't want to take away the flexible route between Gateshead and the A1 in case of congestion.  Durham Road can get busy at times, although there are more bus lanes along there now than before.
big mac
13 Aug 2017, 5:13 pm #709

(13 Aug 2017, 12:04 pm)Andreos1 Not always.

The stop in Low Fell took away a lot of flexibility
and I think the service has been fortunate in that Gateshead Council haven't had much white paint to use up. Apart from a short spell just as the service changed.

That's what I thought, in that they wouldn't want to take away the flexible route between Gateshead and the A1 in case of congestion.  Durham Road can get busy at times, although there are more bus lanes along there now than before.

14 Aug 2017, 5:43 am #710

There is indeed a purpose!  I'm not surprised GNE haven't announced anything tbh, I had about a weeks notice of them altering the x7 to Middlesbrough, and only found out as I used to travel with someone who had a contact at the council.

My father in law is retired and drives, but refuses to drive into cities now after picking up a bus lane ticket in Newcastle. - he used to park at the bottom of Seaham and use the x7 to Boro. When I,mentioned this to him he's said him (and a fair few of his social circle) will use Dalton park as a park and ride for both Newcastle & Boro!
Ambivalence
14 Aug 2017, 5:43 am #710

There is indeed a purpose!  I'm not surprised GNE haven't announced anything tbh, I had about a weeks notice of them altering the x7 to Middlesbrough, and only found out as I used to travel with someone who had a contact at the council.

My father in law is retired and drives, but refuses to drive into cities now after picking up a bus lane ticket in Newcastle. - he used to park at the bottom of Seaham and use the x7 to Boro. When I,mentioned this to him he's said him (and a fair few of his social circle) will use Dalton park as a park and ride for both Newcastle & Boro!

Michael

14 Aug 2017, 6:52 pm #711
PB0003954/603 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: WARDLEY, ELLEN WILKINSON ESTATE to TEAM VALLEY
Service number: 92
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Sep 2017
PB0003954/789 Registered (Short notice)

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland to Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland via University of Sunderland
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 17 Sep 2017

PB0003954/840 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: North Shields, Ferry Landing to North Shields, Town Centre
Service number: 19A
Effective date: 10 Sep 2017

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Aug 2017, 6:52 pm #711

PB0003954/603 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: WARDLEY, ELLEN WILKINSON ESTATE to TEAM VALLEY
Service number: 92
Effective date: 03 Sep 2017
PB0003954/789 Registered (Short notice)

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland to Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland via University of Sunderland
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 17 Sep 2017

PB0003954/840 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: North Shields, Ferry Landing to North Shields, Town Centre
Service number: 19A
Effective date: 10 Sep 2017

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

16 Aug 2017, 12:19 pm #712
From 3 September, there will be big improvements to some routes, including Wear Xpress X5, Tyne Tees Xpress X9/X10 and Castles Express X21.

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/s...017-255115

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Aug 2017, 12:19 pm #712

From 3 September, there will be big improvements to some routes, including Wear Xpress X5, Tyne Tees Xpress X9/X10 and Castles Express X21.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

16 Aug 2017, 2:04 pm #713
I have to say the changes around Doxford International on a Sunday are shocking, going from having a bus every 20 minutes in the form of the 20, to having one an hour in the revised X5.

Quite a lot of people who I talk to at work travel from South Shields & Durham to which the 20 provides direct link to Doxford International on a Sunday, from the 3rd September they will have either get the Bus to Herrington Board Inn and walk from there which takes around 20 Minutes for where we are on business park, or face changing in Sunderland or Houghton on to the X5. Once again these service changes from Go North East causes an inconvenience to those who rely on the services in there current form to get from A to B, and this example in particular is most definitely a loss of service.
Malarkey
16 Aug 2017, 2:04 pm #713

I have to say the changes around Doxford International on a Sunday are shocking, going from having a bus every 20 minutes in the form of the 20, to having one an hour in the revised X5.

Quite a lot of people who I talk to at work travel from South Shields & Durham to which the 20 provides direct link to Doxford International on a Sunday, from the 3rd September they will have either get the Bus to Herrington Board Inn and walk from there which takes around 20 Minutes for where we are on business park, or face changing in Sunderland or Houghton on to the X5. Once again these service changes from Go North East causes an inconvenience to those who rely on the services in there current form to get from A to B, and this example in particular is most definitely a loss of service.

cbma06

16 Aug 2017, 2:10 pm #714
(16 Aug 2017, 2:04 pm)Malarkey I have to say the changes around Doxford International on a Sunday are shocking, going from having a bus every 20 minutes in the form of the 20, to having one an hour in the revised X5.

There must not be a demand for a 20 minute service through doxford international on a Sunday, there will have to join the club where of getting off the bus and boarding another bus. The same as other passengers have to do, it's nice to have a direct bus from a to b but this is the world we live in these days, I always thought that traveling from Durham to Sunderland on a Sunday with the bus going around doxford international was a convenience on the journey times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
16 Aug 2017, 2:10 pm #714

(16 Aug 2017, 2:04 pm)Malarkey I have to say the changes around Doxford International on a Sunday are shocking, going from having a bus every 20 minutes in the form of the 20, to having one an hour in the revised X5.

There must not be a demand for a 20 minute service through doxford international on a Sunday, there will have to join the club where of getting off the bus and boarding another bus. The same as other passengers have to do, it's nice to have a direct bus from a to b but this is the world we live in these days, I always thought that traveling from Durham to Sunderland on a Sunday with the bus going around doxford international was a convenience on the journey times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S813 FVK

16 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm #715
So in other words, some people can't be bothered to do what they have to do the rest of the week?
S813 FVK
16 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm #715

So in other words, some people can't be bothered to do what they have to do the rest of the week?

Michael

16 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm #716
Glad they're going to run the X5 on a Sunday now, and the X21 is going full route on the same day.

Had a proper look at the changes, all postive, apart from the 20 not serving Doxford Park on a Sunday, could they not time on of them to go in, and the X5 goes in half hour later, so it provides a 30 minute service?

But if the demand isn't there, then i can see why its getting dropped.
Edited 16 Aug 2017, 2:52 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm #716

Glad they're going to run the X5 on a Sunday now, and the X21 is going full route on the same day.

Had a proper look at the changes, all postive, apart from the 20 not serving Doxford Park on a Sunday, could they not time on of them to go in, and the X5 goes in half hour later, so it provides a 30 minute service?

But if the demand isn't there, then i can see why its getting dropped.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

citaro5284

16 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm #717
(16 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm)S813 FVK So in other words, some people can't be bothered to do what they have to do the rest of the week?

**like**
citaro5284
16 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm #717

(16 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm)S813 FVK So in other words, some people can't be bothered to do what they have to do the rest of the week?

**like**

Michael

16 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm #718
Noticed on the new 8 timetable that Hylton retail towards Sunderland will; have a bus at 17:10pm and 17:11pm, could they not of ran the 17:11 later?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm #718

Noticed on the new 8 timetable that Hylton retail towards Sunderland will; have a bus at 17:10pm and 17:11pm, could they not of ran the 17:11 later?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

James101

16 Aug 2017, 9:29 pm #719
(16 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm)Michael Glad they're going to run the X5 on a Sunday now, 

GNE now matching Arriva during Sundays on the Hartlepool - Peterlee corridor, and only 1 bus per hour down during the week, too. 

First Go North East (rather than Northern) buses to operate in Hartlepool on Sundays?
James101
16 Aug 2017, 9:29 pm #719

(16 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm)Michael Glad they're going to run the X5 on a Sunday now, 

GNE now matching Arriva during Sundays on the Hartlepool - Peterlee corridor, and only 1 bus per hour down during the week, too. 

First Go North East (rather than Northern) buses to operate in Hartlepool on Sundays?

BusLoverMum

16 Aug 2017, 9:31 pm #720
(16 Aug 2017, 12:19 pm)Michael From 3 September, there will be big improvements to some routes, including Wear Xpress X5, Tyne Tees Xpress X9/X10 and Castles Express X21.

Does that mean they've fixed the door on stand A of Peterlee bus station that hasn't worked for years?
BusLoverMum
16 Aug 2017, 9:31 pm #720

(16 Aug 2017, 12:19 pm)Michael From 3 September, there will be big improvements to some routes, including Wear Xpress X5, Tyne Tees Xpress X9/X10 and Castles Express X21.

Does that mean they've fixed the door on stand A of Peterlee bus station that hasn't worked for years?

Pages (108) Previous 135 36 37108 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average