Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (108) Previous 140 41 42108 Next
Ds1197

20 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm #801
The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR
Ds1197
20 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm #801

The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR

Michael

20 Nov 2017, 8:54 pm #802
(20 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm)Ds1197 The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR

Seen this on Facebook earlier...
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20171120-205315.png
Size 319.84 KB / Downloads 61

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Nov 2017, 8:54 pm #802

(20 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm)Ds1197 The 88A being withdrawn isn't that unlikely because the 88 and 88A usually run in 2s the good service but I don't think that corridor a service every 15 minutes and if it is withdrawn the actually be enough branded vechiles to cover the PVR

Seen this on Facebook earlier...

Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20171120-205315.png
Size 319.84 KB / Downloads 61

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm #803
It would be nice if GNE would let people know of their plans and ask for their opinions. People need access to NHS in Shields and if 88/A comes off their will be one big problem.

Maybe Stagecoach might be coming in. Anywayif all this is true or not we will have to wait.
Edited 20 Nov 2017, 9:42 pm by Panasonic44.
Panasonic44
20 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm #803

It would be nice if GNE would let people know of their plans and ask for their opinions. People need access to NHS in Shields and if 88/A comes off their will be one big problem.

Maybe Stagecoach might be coming in. Anywayif all this is true or not we will have to wait.

Michael

21 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm #804
Seen this on the Durham County Council site:

From 30th November

Go North East 20, 20A, X20 timetable amended.

Also:

From the Durham site too: on Boxing day: GoNE will also run the 309
Edited 21 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm #804

Seen this on the Durham County Council site:

From 30th November

Also:

From the Durham site too: on Boxing day: GoNE will also run the 309

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

22 Nov 2017, 7:05 pm #805

Go North East have confirmed that the 88/88A are under review due to reliability issues..

---------

Hi I've been informed the 88/88a are being taken off come 1st December. Please advise? Thanks.

Go North East
Go North East Hello Paula, this service is under review due to reliability issues with this service, however we have no details of this service being changed. Any changes to service will be posted on social media and at www.gonortheast.co.uk

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Nov 2017, 7:05 pm #805

Go North East have confirmed that the 88/88A are under review due to reliability issues..

---------

Hi I've been informed the 88/88a are being taken off come 1st December. Please advise? Thanks.

Go North East
Go North East Hello Paula, this service is under review due to reliability issues with this service, however we have no details of this service being changed. Any changes to service will be posted on social media and at www.gonortheast.co.uk

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

22 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm #806
Lots of rumours flying about and people quoting drivers saying it's getting taken off. Doubt drivers know the whole truth because of canteen chat but there must be some weight behind the rumours.

I think a 9 re-routed to Lukes Lane and the 5 taken over to North Shields might be likely. Especially with the 9s Citaros coming back unbranded but no advertising boards.
deanmachine
22 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm #806

Lots of rumours flying about and people quoting drivers saying it's getting taken off. Doubt drivers know the whole truth because of canteen chat but there must be some weight behind the rumours.

I think a 9 re-routed to Lukes Lane and the 5 taken over to North Shields might be likely. Especially with the 9s Citaros coming back unbranded but no advertising boards.

Andreos1

22 Nov 2017, 10:34 pm #807
(20 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm)Panasonic44 It would be nice if GNE would let people know of their plans and ask for their opinions. People need access to NHS in Shields and if 88/A comes off their will be one big problem.

I wonder if we will see some movement or possibly consultation in the new year?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Nov 2017, 10:34 pm #807

(20 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm)Panasonic44 It would be nice if GNE would let people know of their plans and ask for their opinions. People need access to NHS in Shields and if 88/A comes off their will be one big problem.

I wonder if we will see some movement or possibly consultation in the new year?

Michael

23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm #808
(22 Nov 2017, 10:34 pm)Andreos1 I wonder if we will see some movement or possibly consultation in the new year?

Hopefully, would be interesting to see the 5 go to North Shields instead of the 9.... if that happens, the 9 is likely to be Sunderland to Jarrow only, do many people use the service between Sunderland and Jarrow?

I did read somewhere of a new service numbered the 26, VOSA is the best place to get information, once its on VOSA, it's normally confirmed however nothing has appeared so far.
Edited 23 Nov 2017, 7:13 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm #808

(22 Nov 2017, 10:34 pm)Andreos1 I wonder if we will see some movement or possibly consultation in the new year?

Hopefully, would be interesting to see the 5 go to North Shields instead of the 9.... if that happens, the 9 is likely to be Sunderland to Jarrow only, do many people use the service between Sunderland and Jarrow?

I did read somewhere of a new service numbered the 26, VOSA is the best place to get information, once its on VOSA, it's normally confirmed however nothing has appeared so far.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Ds1197

23 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm #809
(23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm)Michael Hopefully, would be interesting to see the 5 go to North Shields instead of the 9.... if that happens, the 9 is likely to be Sunderland to Jarrow only, do many people use the service between Sunderland and Jarrow?

Sunderland-Jarrow is the busiest section of the route.
Ds1197
23 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm #809

(23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm)Michael Hopefully, would be interesting to see the 5 go to North Shields instead of the 9.... if that happens, the 9 is likely to be Sunderland to Jarrow only, do many people use the service between Sunderland and Jarrow?

Sunderland-Jarrow is the busiest section of the route.

Michael

23 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm #810
(21 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm)Michael Seen this on the Durham County Council site:

From 30th November

The 39 is also down to change on that day...

Looks like 1 extra run is added on an early morning, according to the NEXUS site.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm #810

(21 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm)Michael Seen this on the Durham County Council site:

From 30th November

The 39 is also down to change on that day...

Looks like 1 extra run is added on an early morning, according to the NEXUS site.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Nov 2017, 7:37 pm #811
(23 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm)Michael The 39 is also down to change on that day...

The usual extra journeys for Royal Mail at Doxford Park in the lead up to Christmas (the old RM1/RM2 services a few years ago, which have just been extra journeys on the 20/39 for the past year or two).
Dan
23 Nov 2017, 7:37 pm #811

The usual extra journeys for Royal Mail at Doxford Park in the lead up to Christmas (the old RM1/RM2 services a few years ago, which have just been extra journeys on the 20/39 for the past year or two).

Michael

23 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm #812
(23 Nov 2017, 7:37 pm)Dan The usual extra journeys for Royal Mail at Doxford Park in the lead up to Christmas (the old RM1/RM2 services a few years ago, which have just been extra journeys on the 20/39 for the past year or two).

Ah right, thanks Dan, wasn't sure!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm #812

(23 Nov 2017, 7:37 pm)Dan The usual extra journeys for Royal Mail at Doxford Park in the lead up to Christmas (the old RM1/RM2 services a few years ago, which have just been extra journeys on the 20/39 for the past year or two).

Ah right, thanks Dan, wasn't sure!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

23 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm #813

Assuming the 5 is extended and continues to interwork with the 50, I am struggling to work out how the PVR will be covered.
It would be a canny little trip out for the drivers though

Andreos1
23 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm #813

Assuming the 5 is extended and continues to interwork with the 50, I am struggling to work out how the PVR will be covered.

JP6004

23 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm #814

Is it not earlier buses for royal mail?
JP6004
23 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm #814

Is it not earlier buses for royal mail?

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm #815
(23 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm)Andreos1 Assuming the 5 is extended and continues to interwork with the 50, I am struggling to work out how the PVR will be covered.

The short trips between North Shields and Jarrow are timed 12 minutes (to Jarrow) and 14 minutes (to North Shields) - so doable within 30 minutes. Don't think it would be that difficult just to add an extra bus into the cycle.

One clear benefit of these rumoured changes would be that there would be a standard timetable all day long on the services between Sunderland and Jarrow, as well as Jarrow and North Shields.

At the moment there's a 20-minute headway between Sunderland and Jarrow on service 9, but a 30-minute headway between Jarrow and North Shields (with each trip from North Shields alternating between one which runs the full route, and one which terminates short at Jarrow).
Dan
23 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm #815

(23 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm)Andreos1 Assuming the 5 is extended and continues to interwork with the 50, I am struggling to work out how the PVR will be covered.

The short trips between North Shields and Jarrow are timed 12 minutes (to Jarrow) and 14 minutes (to North Shields) - so doable within 30 minutes. Don't think it would be that difficult just to add an extra bus into the cycle.

One clear benefit of these rumoured changes would be that there would be a standard timetable all day long on the services between Sunderland and Jarrow, as well as Jarrow and North Shields.

At the moment there's a 20-minute headway between Sunderland and Jarrow on service 9, but a 30-minute headway between Jarrow and North Shields (with each trip from North Shields alternating between one which runs the full route, and one which terminates short at Jarrow).

Michael

23 Nov 2017, 7:53 pm #816
(23 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm)Dan The short trips between North Shields and Jarrow are timed 12 minutes (to Jarrow) and 14 minutes (to North Shields) - so doable within 30 minutes. Don't think it would be that difficult just to add an extra bus into the cycle.

Defiantly.... the current 9 timetable is daft.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Nov 2017, 7:53 pm #816

(23 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm)Dan The short trips between North Shields and Jarrow are timed 12 minutes (to Jarrow) and 14 minutes (to North Shields) - so doable within 30 minutes. Don't think it would be that difficult just to add an extra bus into the cycle.

Defiantly.... the current 9 timetable is daft.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm #817
Sunderland to North Shields via the tunnel is a logical journey people may wish to make (a pity that the 9 timetable is idiotic), but no-one (except perhaps a dedicated bus enthusiast)  is going to travel via a lengthy circuitous route from South Shields to Jarrow then through the tunnel to North Shields when they can go via the ferry (unless they get seasick!). So extending the 5 to North Shields would be useless to most prospective passengers wanting to cross the Tyne and deter those from Sunderland from travelling by bus; it can only be for the operational convenience of the company in matching frequencies.
Edited 23 Nov 2017, 11:46 pm by Greg in Weardale.
Greg in Weardale
23 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm #817

Sunderland to North Shields via the tunnel is a logical journey people may wish to make (a pity that the 9 timetable is idiotic), but no-one (except perhaps a dedicated bus enthusiast)  is going to travel via a lengthy circuitous route from South Shields to Jarrow then through the tunnel to North Shields when they can go via the ferry (unless they get seasick!). So extending the 5 to North Shields would be useless to most prospective passengers wanting to cross the Tyne and deter those from Sunderland from travelling by bus; it can only be for the operational convenience of the company in matching frequencies.

nk55

23 Nov 2017, 8:59 pm #818
(23 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm)Greg in Weardale Sunderland to North Shields via the tunnel is a logical journey people may wish to make (a pity that the 9 timetable is idiotic), but no-one (except perhaps a dedicated bus enthusiast)  is going to travel via a lengthy circuitous route from South Shields to Jarrow then through the tunnel to North Shields when they can go via the ferry (unless they get seasick!). So extending the 5 to North Shields would be useless to most prospective passengers from wanting to cross the Tyne and deter those from Sunderland from travelling by bus; it can only be for the operational convenience of the company in matching frequencies.
Does anybody from Sunderland travel the full route by bus when the metro is quicker?
nk55
23 Nov 2017, 8:59 pm #818

(23 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm)Greg in Weardale Sunderland to North Shields via the tunnel is a logical journey people may wish to make (a pity that the 9 timetable is idiotic), but no-one (except perhaps a dedicated bus enthusiast)  is going to travel via a lengthy circuitous route from South Shields to Jarrow then through the tunnel to North Shields when they can go via the ferry (unless they get seasick!). So extending the 5 to North Shields would be useless to most prospective passengers from wanting to cross the Tyne and deter those from Sunderland from travelling by bus; it can only be for the operational convenience of the company in matching frequencies.
Does anybody from Sunderland travel the full route by bus when the metro is quicker?

Andreos1

23 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm #819

Whilst I agree that the rumoured changes may suit operational requirements (even if the timings would be very tight to see an increase of 1 to the PVR to such a long pair of services), I don't think the idea is to get people to use the 5 between the two Shields's.
I reckon a Buzzfare and a combo of the 5 (9 currently) and the 27 would be the choice of the majority of those making that trip.

The Jarrow - N Shields section is funded if I remember correctly.
The current 5 may have had some funding initially (Kickstarter?), but not sure if it is still funded.
Not a bad little earner if both sections attract funding!

Andreos1
23 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm #819

Whilst I agree that the rumoured changes may suit operational requirements (even if the timings would be very tight to see an increase of 1 to the PVR to such a long pair of services), I don't think the idea is to get people to use the 5 between the two Shields's.
I reckon a Buzzfare and a combo of the 5 (9 currently) and the 27 would be the choice of the majority of those making that trip.

The current 5 may have had some funding initially (Kickstarter?), but not sure if it is still funded.

Mark1

23 Nov 2017, 10:13 pm #820
(23 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm)Andreos1 Whilst I agree that the rumoured changes may suit operational requirements (even if the timings would be very tight to see an increase of 1 to the PVR to such a long pair of services), I don't think the idea is to get people to use the 5 between the two Shields's.

I think the current 5 is funded by nexus between Jarrow and Fellgate.
Mark1
23 Nov 2017, 10:13 pm #820

(23 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm)Andreos1 Whilst I agree that the rumoured changes may suit operational requirements (even if the timings would be very tight to see an increase of 1 to the PVR to such a long pair of services), I don't think the idea is to get people to use the 5 between the two Shields's.

I think the current 5 is funded by nexus between Jarrow and Fellgate.

Pages (108) Previous 140 41 42108 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average