Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (108) Previous 169 70 71108 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

10 Apr 2019, 5:16 am #1,381
(10 Apr 2019, 12:48 am)JM03 Angel is a frequent stopping service. It is good on that but are shocking when I've had it on the X21. Much rather keeps these put, the current fleet are fine as they are, maybe a interior refurb.

What you have to remember is that the 2016 StreetDecks and the 2018 StreetDecks are different buses. Wrightbus have done a lot of work on these buses between the two different batches, one has a Micro-Hybrid 2 system with stop/start engine and the other doesn't.

Micro-Hybrid 3 is now available, and again further development work has been carried out by Wrightbus in the last year to overcome the main issues with the last models. They also now offer a 6-cylinder version of the bus (currently only 4-cylinder).
Dan
10 Apr 2019, 5:16 am #1,381

(10 Apr 2019, 12:48 am)JM03 Angel is a frequent stopping service. It is good on that but are shocking when I've had it on the X21. Much rather keeps these put, the current fleet are fine as they are, maybe a interior refurb.

What you have to remember is that the 2016 StreetDecks and the 2018 StreetDecks are different buses. Wrightbus have done a lot of work on these buses between the two different batches, one has a Micro-Hybrid 2 system with stop/start engine and the other doesn't.

Micro-Hybrid 3 is now available, and again further development work has been carried out by Wrightbus in the last year to overcome the main issues with the last models. They also now offer a 6-cylinder version of the bus (currently only 4-cylinder).

L469 YVK

10 Apr 2019, 6:06 am #1,382
(10 Apr 2019, 5:16 am)Dan What you have to remember is that the 2016 StreetDecks and the 2018 StreetDecks are different buses. Wrightbus have done a lot of work on these buses between the two different batches, one has a Micro-Hybrid 2 system with stop/start engine and the other doesn't.

Not a big fan of the Daimler 5.1 engine. Would probably warm more to the StreetDeck if Wrights offered a 6
7l Cummins with ZF Ecolife. 

Will the new 6 cylinder engine be a daimler?

That's exactly what I think. StreetDecks are fine on the likes of the 21 and would be ideal for the likes of Arriva's 308 service etc. They're not exactly cut out for intense high speed work.

Hope the revisions as Dan mentioned with MicroHybrid 3 make an improvement.
Edited 10 Apr 2019, 6:09 am by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
10 Apr 2019, 6:06 am #1,382

(10 Apr 2019, 5:16 am)Dan What you have to remember is that the 2016 StreetDecks and the 2018 StreetDecks are different buses. Wrightbus have done a lot of work on these buses between the two different batches, one has a Micro-Hybrid 2 system with stop/start engine and the other doesn't.

Not a big fan of the Daimler 5.1 engine. Would probably warm more to the StreetDeck if Wrights offered a 6

That's exactly what I think. StreetDecks are fine on the likes of the 21 and would be ideal for the likes of Arriva's 308 service etc. They're not exactly cut out for intense high speed work.

Hope the revisions as Dan mentioned with MicroHybrid 3 make an improvement.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Apr 2019, 6:30 am #1,383
(10 Apr 2019, 6:06 am)L469 YVK Not a big fan of the Daimler 5.1 engine. Would probably warm more to the StreetDeck if Wrights offered a 6

Same 5.1l Daimler engine, with 6 cylinders offered as option instead of just 4.

I'm not particularly mechanically minded, but more pistons in theory means more power? Does also mean that the bus is no longer low carbon certified.
Dan
10 Apr 2019, 6:30 am #1,383

(10 Apr 2019, 6:06 am)L469 YVK Not a big fan of the Daimler 5.1 engine. Would probably warm more to the StreetDeck if Wrights offered a 6

Same 5.1l Daimler engine, with 6 cylinders offered as option instead of just 4.

I'm not particularly mechanically minded, but more pistons in theory means more power? Does also mean that the bus is no longer low carbon certified.

Jamie M

Unregistered

10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am #1,384
(10 Apr 2019, 6:30 am)Dan  Does also mean that the bus is no longer low carbon certified.

This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.
Jamie M
10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am #1,384

(10 Apr 2019, 6:30 am)Dan  Does also mean that the bus is no longer low carbon certified.

This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Apr 2019, 11:37 am #1,385
(10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am)Jamie M This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.
It's just another product that Wrights offer - the Volvo B5TL is not low carbon certified either so the 6-cylinder StreetDeck would be Wrightbus' competing offering.

The 4-cylinder low carbon version will still be available for operators to purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
10 Apr 2019, 11:37 am #1,385

(10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am)Jamie M This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.
It's just another product that Wrights offer - the Volvo B5TL is not low carbon certified either so the 6-cylinder StreetDeck would be Wrightbus' competing offering.

The 4-cylinder low carbon version will still be available for operators to purchase.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Apr 2019, 11:37 am #1,386

Dan
10 Apr 2019, 11:37 am #1,386

cbma06

10 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm #1,387
Dan, with the X6/X7 being cancelled, are these 2 routes going to be re registered etc... or a different format?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited 10 Apr 2019, 4:46 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
10 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm #1,387

Dan, with the X6/X7 being cancelled, are these 2 routes going to be re registered etc... or a different format?

Malarkey

10 Apr 2019, 5:01 pm #1,388
(10 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm)cbma06 Dan, with the X6/X7 being cancelled, are these 2 routes going to be re registered etc... or a different format?

I think the link to Middlesbrough should be reinstated on an hourly basis with other still going to Hartlepool.
Malarkey
10 Apr 2019, 5:01 pm #1,388

(10 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm)cbma06 Dan, with the X6/X7 being cancelled, are these 2 routes going to be re registered etc... or a different format?

I think the link to Middlesbrough should be reinstated on an hourly basis with other still going to Hartlepool.

Malarkey

10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm #1,389
(09 Apr 2019, 8:02 pm)L469 YVK I should hope the Red Arrows do not get StreetDecks!

As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

The X1 also tends to spend a fair few minutes at stops like The Galleries and Eldon Square with the engine running revving away, only the select few drivers will turn the engine off. 

Whereas if the service had more fuel efficient buses with the added technology then the running costs of the X1 would come down dramatically which would be a massive benefit given Washington is supposed to be a low cost operation anyway.

I'm sure the X1 B9's are restricted to doing a max of 60mph which is the same for the Streetdecks I believe, i'm sure Dan or someone else on here from GNE can confirm this for me.

Up until November last year I was a daily passenger on the X1 in it's various forms for almost 20 years, I now live in Low Fell and use the 21/X21 on a daily basis to which I confirm the Streetdecks on the 21 are of a better standard than those on the X21.
Malarkey
10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm #1,389

(09 Apr 2019, 8:02 pm)L469 YVK I should hope the Red Arrows do not get StreetDecks!

As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

The X1 also tends to spend a fair few minutes at stops like The Galleries and Eldon Square with the engine running revving away, only the select few drivers will turn the engine off. 

Whereas if the service had more fuel efficient buses with the added technology then the running costs of the X1 would come down dramatically which would be a massive benefit given Washington is supposed to be a low cost operation anyway.

I'm sure the X1 B9's are restricted to doing a max of 60mph which is the same for the Streetdecks I believe, i'm sure Dan or someone else on here from GNE can confirm this for me.

Up until November last year I was a daily passenger on the X1 in it's various forms for almost 20 years, I now live in Low Fell and use the 21/X21 on a daily basis to which I confirm the Streetdecks on the 21 are of a better standard than those on the X21.

Michael

10 Apr 2019, 5:39 pm #1,390
(10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm)Malarkey As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

What ever the X1 gets, its what GNE think is best, I've never been on a Streetdeck so can't say, if they're good or not. 

Wonder when the first buses will arrive?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2019, 5:39 pm #1,390

(10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm)Malarkey As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

What ever the X1 gets, its what GNE think is best, I've never been on a Streetdeck so can't say, if they're good or not. 

Wonder when the first buses will arrive?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm #1,391

The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

The Red Arrows B9s are limited to 57mph - you'll only get to that heading down the Washington Highway towards Washington Galleries from Shiney Row though! They're much poorer in terms of power compared to a StreetDeck (or any other bus) following fitment of the AVID e-fans etc.
Dan
10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm #1,391

The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

The Red Arrows B9s are limited to 57mph - you'll only get to that heading down the Washington Highway towards Washington Galleries from Shiney Row though! They're much poorer in terms of power compared to a StreetDeck (or any other bus) following fitment of the AVID e-fans etc.

Michael

10 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm #1,392
(10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm)Dan The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

Seems buses get worse with modification's... like the AVID e-fans........

Has it been confirmed which services the clean technology modification's are going on?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm #1,392

(10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm)Dan The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

Seems buses get worse with modification's... like the AVID e-fans........

Has it been confirmed which services the clean technology modification's are going on?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

10 Apr 2019, 6:05 pm #1,393
With major changes happening, i hope they'll be announced at least a month before and not 2 weeks before...... they need to realise people need buses to work and may have to re-organise their whole route!
Edited 10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2019, 6:05 pm #1,393

With major changes happening, i hope they'll be announced at least a month before and not 2 weeks before...... they need to realise people need buses to work and may have to re-organise their whole route!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jamie M

Unregistered

10 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm #1,394
(10 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm)Michael Seems buses get worse with modification's... like the AVID e-fans........

What's wrong with wor avid e-fans?  Rolleyes
Jamie M
10 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm #1,394

(10 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm)Michael Seems buses get worse with modification's... like the AVID e-fans........

What's wrong with wor avid e-fans?  Rolleyes

busmanT

10 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm #1,395

The speed limit is set as part of the low carbon certification, 52 mph maximum
busmanT
10 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm #1,395

The speed limit is set as part of the low carbon certification, 52 mph maximum

Jamie M

Unregistered

10 Apr 2019, 6:59 pm #1,396
(10 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm)busmanT The speed limit is set as part of the low carbon certification, 52 mph maximum

This would explain why the salty park streelites are unrestricted up until 58. Not that any of them will be able to get there, but that makes sense.
Jamie M
10 Apr 2019, 6:59 pm #1,396

(10 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm)busmanT The speed limit is set as part of the low carbon certification, 52 mph maximum

This would explain why the salty park streelites are unrestricted up until 58. Not that any of them will be able to get there, but that makes sense.

Michael

10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm #1,397
According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

Seems a odd mood, when the 8 also goes that way....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm #1,397

According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm #1,398
(10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm)Michael According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?
Tom
10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm #1,398

(10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm)Michael According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?

Michael

10 Apr 2019, 8:01 pm #1,399
(10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm)Tom If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?

Maybe, but an hour extension only, can't see a major demand for Peterlee tbh

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2019, 8:01 pm #1,399

(10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm)Tom If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?

Maybe, but an hour extension only, can't see a major demand for Peterlee tbh

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

10 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm #1,400
(10 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm)Jamie M What's wrong with wor avid e-fans?  Rolleyes

They're bloody noisy things for seconds given we have already addressed effects on performance in someone elses post.
Malarkey
10 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm #1,400

(10 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm)Jamie M What's wrong with wor avid e-fans?  Rolleyes

They're bloody noisy things for seconds given we have already addressed effects on performance in someone elses post.

Pages (108) Previous 169 70 71108 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average