Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20): Previous 118 19 20
Michael

09 Jun 2018, 3:23 pm #381
I kinda lost some interest a while back tbh...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2018, 3:23 pm #381

I kinda lost some interest a while back tbh...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

09 Jun 2018, 3:29 pm #382
(09 Jun 2018, 3:23 pm)Michael I kinda lost some interest a while back tbh...

Don't want to start a meaningful debate or anything, Michael, but are you willing to elaborate upon why you've lost interest?
MurdnunoC
09 Jun 2018, 3:29 pm #382

(09 Jun 2018, 3:23 pm)Michael I kinda lost some interest a while back tbh...

Don't want to start a meaningful debate or anything, Michael, but are you willing to elaborate upon why you've lost interest?

Michael

09 Jun 2018, 3:33 pm #383
(09 Jun 2018, 3:29 pm)MurdnunoC Don't want to start a meaningful debate or anything, Michael, but are you willing to elaborate upon why you've lost interest?

Not sure, might be because i don't have time to enjoy it anymore, i'm working 40 hours a week, Its also coming up to the end of the school year, which is adding on hours at work, always busy on a weekend.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2018, 3:33 pm #383

(09 Jun 2018, 3:29 pm)MurdnunoC Don't want to start a meaningful debate or anything, Michael, but are you willing to elaborate upon why you've lost interest?

Not sure, might be because i don't have time to enjoy it anymore, i'm working 40 hours a week, Its also coming up to the end of the school year, which is adding on hours at work, always busy on a weekend.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

peter

09 Jun 2018, 3:35 pm #384
I personally used to get quite excited by the major network restructures that both Arriva and GNE used to partake in, because you knew there were gonna be new routes, new buses, new brands etc and a bit of variety. Now it feels like we're just plodding along with a few minor timing alterations, some second-hand buses for contracts at GNE and Arriva giving up members of their fleet to Yorkshire Tiger etc and not really replacing them with anything. There's definitely not the same excitement associated as there was a few years back, but I suppose less change is probably more beneficial to the average passenger.
peter
09 Jun 2018, 3:35 pm #384

I personally used to get quite excited by the major network restructures that both Arriva and GNE used to partake in, because you knew there were gonna be new routes, new buses, new brands etc and a bit of variety. Now it feels like we're just plodding along with a few minor timing alterations, some second-hand buses for contracts at GNE and Arriva giving up members of their fleet to Yorkshire Tiger etc and not really replacing them with anything. There's definitely not the same excitement associated as there was a few years back, but I suppose less change is probably more beneficial to the average passenger.

Jimmi

09 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm #385
(09 Jun 2018, 3:17 pm)Adrian This hits the nail on the head for me. The enthusiast scene in the North East is absolutely dire, and the sooner people cotton on to that that, the better. 

Would this be a bad time to point out that there is an enthusiast pretending to be me on Facebook, so if you get a friend request or Messenger request from a 'Matthew Jimmison' on Facebook, it ain't me as I don't send out requests.
Jimmi
09 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm #385

(09 Jun 2018, 3:17 pm)Adrian This hits the nail on the head for me. The enthusiast scene in the North East is absolutely dire, and the sooner people cotton on to that that, the better. 

Would this be a bad time to point out that there is an enthusiast pretending to be me on Facebook, so if you get a friend request or Messenger request from a 'Matthew Jimmison' on Facebook, it ain't me as I don't send out requests.

MurdnunoC

09 Jun 2018, 3:53 pm #386
(09 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm)Jimmi Would this be a bad time to point out that there is an enthusiast pretending to be me on Facebook, so if you get a friend request or Messenger request from a 'Matthew Jimmison' on Facebook, it ain't me as I don't send out requests.

Someone did try and friend me claiming to be you, however, I was unsure of their authenticity. In an attempt to ascertain whether it was you, I cunningly asked this person their opinions on bicycles and mobility scooters. When this person replied that they weren't bothered by them, I knew they weren't the real deal.
MurdnunoC
09 Jun 2018, 3:53 pm #386

(09 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm)Jimmi Would this be a bad time to point out that there is an enthusiast pretending to be me on Facebook, so if you get a friend request or Messenger request from a 'Matthew Jimmison' on Facebook, it ain't me as I don't send out requests.

Someone did try and friend me claiming to be you, however, I was unsure of their authenticity. In an attempt to ascertain whether it was you, I cunningly asked this person their opinions on bicycles and mobility scooters. When this person replied that they weren't bothered by them, I knew they weren't the real deal.

Michael

09 Jun 2018, 3:54 pm #387
(09 Jun 2018, 3:53 pm)MurdnunoC Someone did try and friend me claiming to be you, however, I was unsure of their authenticity. In an attempt to ascertain whether it was you, I cunningly asked this person their opinions on bicycles and mobility scooters. When this person replied that they weren't bothered by them, I knew they weren't the real deal.

Lmao

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2018, 3:54 pm #387

(09 Jun 2018, 3:53 pm)MurdnunoC Someone did try and friend me claiming to be you, however, I was unsure of their authenticity. In an attempt to ascertain whether it was you, I cunningly asked this person their opinions on bicycles and mobility scooters. When this person replied that they weren't bothered by them, I knew they weren't the real deal.

Lmao

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

09 Jun 2018, 4:19 pm #388

Funny Rolleyes 

Mind, I did actually get some dodgy looks from a farmer on a bike in Binchester this afternoon as I refused to move aside on a footpath that was only wide enough for one person.
Jimmi
09 Jun 2018, 4:19 pm #388

Funny Rolleyes 

Mind, I did actually get some dodgy looks from a farmer on a bike in Binchester this afternoon as I refused to move aside on a footpath that was only wide enough for one person.

MurdnunoC

09 Jun 2018, 4:24 pm #389
(09 Jun 2018, 4:19 pm)Jimmi Funny Rolleyes 

I believe you are the real Jimmi.
MurdnunoC
09 Jun 2018, 4:24 pm #389

(09 Jun 2018, 4:19 pm)Jimmi Funny Rolleyes 

I believe you are the real Jimmi.

10 Jun 2018, 7:44 pm #390
If anyone has wondered where I am, yes, I'm still alive.

I also have to admit to losing a degree of interest in this hobby in the last few months. With sixth form comes a rather substantial workload, and, as such, when the weekend hits, I often just can't bring myself to go and spend a day chasing buses. My ability to get out as much as I once could, even with an increased workload, has also been impaired by a medical diagnosis several months ago.

Above all, though, I find that the toxicity of the enthusiast community has had a significant impact on my devotion to this hobby. I think there is too much of the fundamentally ill-educated and misinformed who take an inch and go for a mile, power-hungry busy-bodies, lack of personal hygiene and overall self-awareness, the inability of most to take a half-decent photograph, blatant attention seeking in order to bring about as a futile sense of belonging, and general backbiting and character assassinations, almost entirely on social media, for me to be able to genuinely wish to associate myself with at least half of the enthusiast community in the north east. I also blame social media a lot for the way this has happened. If you look at some of the stuff that happens in the enthusiast community, and then look at the medium through which it comes to fruition, you'll find almost all of it tends to be communicated through social media. Does anyone genuinely think that, with an absence of social media, there wouldn't be anywhere near half as many issues in the community than currently exist? I, for one, certainly do.

It really pains me to say it, but at this point, I honestly do believe that the enthusiast community is a sinking ship, and one that is going down as a result of the detonation of explosives from deep within its innards. My interest in buses remains, but my desire to disassociate myself with a number of people in the enthusiast community, entirely down to what a god-awful environment it is most of the time, has never been stronger.
R852 PRG
10 Jun 2018, 7:44 pm #390

If anyone has wondered where I am, yes, I'm still alive.

I also have to admit to losing a degree of interest in this hobby in the last few months. With sixth form comes a rather substantial workload, and, as such, when the weekend hits, I often just can't bring myself to go and spend a day chasing buses. My ability to get out as much as I once could, even with an increased workload, has also been impaired by a medical diagnosis several months ago.

Above all, though, I find that the toxicity of the enthusiast community has had a significant impact on my devotion to this hobby. I think there is too much of the fundamentally ill-educated and misinformed who take an inch and go for a mile, power-hungry busy-bodies, lack of personal hygiene and overall self-awareness, the inability of most to take a half-decent photograph, blatant attention seeking in order to bring about as a futile sense of belonging, and general backbiting and character assassinations, almost entirely on social media, for me to be able to genuinely wish to associate myself with at least half of the enthusiast community in the north east. I also blame social media a lot for the way this has happened. If you look at some of the stuff that happens in the enthusiast community, and then look at the medium through which it comes to fruition, you'll find almost all of it tends to be communicated through social media. Does anyone genuinely think that, with an absence of social media, there wouldn't be anywhere near half as many issues in the community than currently exist? I, for one, certainly do.

It really pains me to say it, but at this point, I honestly do believe that the enthusiast community is a sinking ship, and one that is going down as a result of the detonation of explosives from deep within its innards. My interest in buses remains, but my desire to disassociate myself with a number of people in the enthusiast community, entirely down to what a god-awful environment it is most of the time, has never been stronger.

11 Jun 2018, 10:03 pm #391
I think that just about sums it up to be fair, there's too many cliches, and I'm not going to deny this I was part of one until I fell out with most of them over this group we had formed, in fact I was kicked out of said group whilst I was having a break from facebook at the time last year. I've got to a point now where I'm not going to chase people around begging to be my friend again as simply I've just stopped caring.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
11 Jun 2018, 10:03 pm #391

I think that just about sums it up to be fair, there's too many cliches, and I'm not going to deny this I was part of one until I fell out with most of them over this group we had formed, in fact I was kicked out of said group whilst I was having a break from facebook at the time last year. I've got to a point now where I'm not going to chase people around begging to be my friend again as simply I've just stopped caring.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

BusLoverMum

12 Jun 2018, 7:53 am #392
(10 Jun 2018, 7:44 pm)R852 PRG If anyone has wondered where I am, yes, I'm still alive.

I think that in all walks of life, people become emboldened by the echo chamber that is social media and can say things that they wouldn't have the nerve to say face to face.

Some people are just dicks in any medium.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Wishing you well.
BusLoverMum
12 Jun 2018, 7:53 am #392

(10 Jun 2018, 7:44 pm)R852 PRG If anyone has wondered where I am, yes, I'm still alive.

I think that in all walks of life, people become emboldened by the echo chamber that is social media and can say things that they wouldn't have the nerve to say face to face.

12 Jun 2018, 8:08 pm #393
(12 Jun 2018, 7:53 am)BusLoverMum I think that in all walks of life, people become emboldened by the echo chamber that is social media and can say things that they wouldn't have the nerve to say face to face.

Many thanks, BLM. I agree with everything you say. I'm getting there. Long road to go, but you've got to make sacrifices if you want results. I hope you and the rest of your clan are doing fine. Wink
R852 PRG
12 Jun 2018, 8:08 pm #393

(12 Jun 2018, 7:53 am)BusLoverMum I think that in all walks of life, people become emboldened by the echo chamber that is social media and can say things that they wouldn't have the nerve to say face to face.

Many thanks, BLM. I agree with everything you say. I'm getting there. Long road to go, but you've got to make sacrifices if you want results. I hope you and the rest of your clan are doing fine. Wink

BusLoverMum

13 Jun 2018, 11:14 pm #394
(12 Jun 2018, 8:08 pm)R852 PRG Many thanks, BLM. I agree with everything you say. I'm getting there. Long road to go, but you've got to make sacrifices if you want results. I hope you and the rest of your clan are doing fine. Wink

The boys are hormonal and doing me 'eed in. Otherwise, mustn't grumble Wink

Edited to remove my abuse of whatever pseudofemale demands attention on Android
Edited 13 Jun 2018, 11:16 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
13 Jun 2018, 11:14 pm #394

(12 Jun 2018, 8:08 pm)R852 PRG Many thanks, BLM. I agree with everything you say. I'm getting there. Long road to go, but you've got to make sacrifices if you want results. I hope you and the rest of your clan are doing fine. Wink

The boys are hormonal and doing me 'eed in. Otherwise, mustn't grumble Wink

Edited to remove my abuse of whatever pseudofemale demands attention on Android

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Jun 2018, 11:19 pm #395
No words needed.
.jpeg
Screenshot_20180614-001924.jpeg
Size: 38.21 KB / Downloads: 32

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
13 Jun 2018, 11:19 pm #395

No words needed.

.jpeg
Screenshot_20180614-001924.jpeg
Size: 38.21 KB / Downloads: 32

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

26 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm #396
So had my doctors appointment today and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression, which is no suprise especially after the bad anxiety attack I had on Sunday. Anyway as from tomorrow I'm on Setraline tablets which apparently mean I'm going to get worse before I get better..... fun.

Rapidsnap
26 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm #396

So had my doctors appointment today and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression, which is no suprise especially after the bad anxiety attack I had on Sunday. Anyway as from tomorrow I'm on Setraline tablets which apparently mean I'm going to get worse before I get better..... fun.

idiot

26 Jun 2018, 8:17 pm #397
(26 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm)Rapidsnap So had my doctors appointment today and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression, which is no suprise especially after the bad anxiety attack I had on Sunday. Anyway as from tomorrow I'm on Setraline tablets which apparently mean I'm going to get worse before I get better..... fun.

Just don't forget to take them. Withdrawal is light headed and its not nice!
idiot
26 Jun 2018, 8:17 pm #397

(26 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm)Rapidsnap So had my doctors appointment today and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression, which is no suprise especially after the bad anxiety attack I had on Sunday. Anyway as from tomorrow I'm on Setraline tablets which apparently mean I'm going to get worse before I get better..... fun.

Just don't forget to take them. Withdrawal is light headed and its not nice!

idiot

10 Feb 2020, 4:18 pm #398
Im a bit useless so got a random question here.

How many buses do go north east, stagecoach ne and arriva ne have? Wanting it for a quiz tie breaker question Smile
idiot
10 Feb 2020, 4:18 pm #398

Im a bit useless so got a random question here.

How many buses do go north east, stagecoach ne and arriva ne have? Wanting it for a quiz tie breaker question Smile

11 Feb 2020, 7:03 am #399
idiot Im a bit useless so got a random question here.

The current fleet lists on this very site show:

Go North East 722
Stagecoach North East 511
Arriva North East 543

However, the lists are in the process of being updated (Arriva in particular is well out of date!) so the numbers may very well change before your tiebreaker question is asked …..
Ianthegoon
11 Feb 2020, 7:03 am #399

idiot Im a bit useless so got a random question here.

The current fleet lists on this very site show:

Go North East 722
Stagecoach North East 511
Arriva North East 543

However, the lists are in the process of being updated (Arriva in particular is well out of date!) so the numbers may very well change before your tiebreaker question is asked …..

idiot

11 Feb 2020, 7:04 am #400
Thanks Ian
idiot
11 Feb 2020, 7:04 am #400

Thanks Ian

Pages (20): Previous 118 19 20

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average