Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20) Previous 113 14 1520 Next
Andreos1

28 Mar 2017, 6:42 am #261
(27 Mar 2017, 10:59 pm)Jamie M The end of legal tender date should be in years, not months. It's rushed and it holds no benefit. They are changing a coin for cosmetic reasons only. A very large mess is left behind given companies are only finding out through the news that this is happening.

The BoE reckons there's £45m worth of fake £1 coins kicking around. I reckon thats good enough reason to justify updating a 37 year old design, for reasons other than cosmetic.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Mar 2017, 6:42 am #261

(27 Mar 2017, 10:59 pm)Jamie M The end of legal tender date should be in years, not months. It's rushed and it holds no benefit. They are changing a coin for cosmetic reasons only. A very large mess is left behind given companies are only finding out through the news that this is happening.

The BoE reckons there's £45m worth of fake £1 coins kicking around. I reckon thats good enough reason to justify updating a 37 year old design, for reasons other than cosmetic.

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Mar 2017, 8:54 am #262
(28 Mar 2017, 6:42 am)Andreos1 The BoE reckons there's £45m worth of fake £1 coins kicking around. I reckon thats good enough reason to justify updating a 37 year old design, for reasons other than cosmetic.
45 million is nothing in real terms, apparently we're now or will be saving 350£ million a week (..HA) from the eu - especially given nobody checks if coins are fake or not and just assume they are legal tender. Have you ever had a 1£ coin rejected for being fake?
Jamie M
28 Mar 2017, 8:54 am #262

(28 Mar 2017, 6:42 am)Andreos1 The BoE reckons there's £45m worth of fake £1 coins kicking around. I reckon thats good enough reason to justify updating a 37 year old design, for reasons other than cosmetic.
45 million is nothing in real terms, apparently we're now or will be saving 350£ million a week (..HA) from the eu - especially given nobody checks if coins are fake or not and just assume they are legal tender. Have you ever had a 1£ coin rejected for being fake?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 Mar 2017, 9:07 am #263
Just thought i would drop in and say hi, been a while since i posted, hope everyone is well

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
MrFozz
28 Mar 2017, 9:07 am #263

Just thought i would drop in and say hi, been a while since i posted, hope everyone is well

Andreos1

28 Mar 2017, 9:56 am #264
(28 Mar 2017, 8:54 am)Jamie M 45 million is nothing in real terms, apparently we're now or will be saving 350£ million a week (..HA) from the eu - especially given nobody checks if coins are fake or not and just assume they are legal tender. Have you ever had a 1£ coin rejected for being fake?

'Real terms'. Hate that phrase.
I have had fake coins rejected at various vending machines, ticket machines or places like the Tyne Tunnel and I know businesses have had them rejected when cashing in at the bank.
I wonder how much money bus operators lose out on, when they are given fake coins (intentionally or not), by passengers?
So not only is there the impact of £45m of fake coins kicking around, there's the losses seen by businesses all over the country.

(28 Mar 2017, 9:07 am)MrFozz Just thought i would drop in and say hi, been a while since i posted, hope everyone is well

How do Fozz!?

Andreos1
28 Mar 2017, 9:56 am #264

(28 Mar 2017, 8:54 am)Jamie M 45 million is nothing in real terms, apparently we're now or will be saving 350£ million a week (..HA) from the eu - especially given nobody checks if coins are fake or not and just assume they are legal tender. Have you ever had a 1£ coin rejected for being fake?

'Real terms'. Hate that phrase.
I have had fake coins rejected at various vending machines, ticket machines or places like the Tyne Tunnel and I know businesses have had them rejected when cashing in at the bank.
I wonder how much money bus operators lose out on, when they are given fake coins (intentionally or not), by passengers?
So not only is there the impact of £45m of fake coins kicking around, there's the losses seen by businesses all over the country.

(28 Mar 2017, 9:07 am)MrFozz Just thought i would drop in and say hi, been a while since i posted, hope everyone is well

How do Fozz!?

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Mar 2017, 11:52 am #265
(28 Mar 2017, 9:56 am)Andreos1 'Real terms'. Hate that phrase.

How do Fozz!?
Do you reckon it costs the country less than 45 million £ to replace every locker, ticket machine and mint print machine? It's cost a machine vendor company 200k to replace 4000 vending machine slots.

Jamie M
28 Mar 2017, 11:52 am #265

(28 Mar 2017, 9:56 am)Andreos1 'Real terms'. Hate that phrase.

How do Fozz!?
Do you reckon it costs the country less than 45 million £ to replace every locker, ticket machine and mint print machine? It's cost a machine vendor company 200k to replace 4000 vending machine slots.

BusLoverMum

28 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm #266

What Andrei's said it's definitely not cosmetic. If you showed the pound coins in your pocket to bigun, you could guarantee that he'd spo at least one or two fakes.

How's you and the missus?
Edited 28 Mar 2017, 12:22 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
28 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm #266

What Andrei's said it's definitely not cosmetic. If you showed the pound coins in your pocket to bigun, you could guarantee that he'd spo at least one or two fakes.

How's you and the missus?

Andreos1

28 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm #267
(28 Mar 2017, 11:52 am)Jamie M Do you reckon it costs the country less than 45 million £ to replace every locker, ticket machine and mint print machine? It's cost a machine vendor company 200k to replace 4000 vending machine slots.

I have no idea what the net cost will be.
It may be that these vending companies see some savings as a result. People won’t be able to buy snacks or pay (intentionally or not)  for parking with a decent fake £1 coin in the future.

I wonder how much these companies save in that aspect?

Some supermarkets have said that their trolleys are already suitable for the new coin.

Ah lockers! Forgot all about them.
It is a right pain being ready for the gym or swimming and having a dodgy £1 rejected cos it is a fake.
Having to rake through the bag for an alternative or go to the reception desk, whilst in my Speedo’s isn't a pleasant experience – for me or anyone unfortunate enough to witness it.

However, to get back to your initial point. Will the economy see a benefit of this change? Artificial stimulus like this, has the potential to increase employment in addition to any contracts agreed by businesses to replace or upgrade the equipment. The fake coins may also have an effect on inflation, with more currency floating around. Will we actually see a decrease in inflation as a result of the new coins? It is well known that ‘enemies’ can flood their warring opponent with fake money in an effect to de-stabilise the economy.
The dates we see changes to currency seem to coincide with times of austerity. Looking at the economy in the 70's when we introduced decimalisation, the 80's when the £1 was introduced and 1/2p was taken from us. The changes in the early 90's to the 5p...
Quite a lot more to it than just ‘cosmetics’.

Andreos1
28 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm #267

(28 Mar 2017, 11:52 am)Jamie M Do you reckon it costs the country less than 45 million £ to replace every locker, ticket machine and mint print machine? It's cost a machine vendor company 200k to replace 4000 vending machine slots.

I have no idea what the net cost will be.
It may be that these vending companies see some savings as a result. People won’t be able to buy snacks or pay (intentionally or not)  for parking with a decent fake £1 coin in the future.

Some supermarkets have said that their trolleys are already suitable for the new coin.

It is a right pain being ready for the gym or swimming and having a dodgy £1 rejected cos it is a fake.
Having to rake through the bag for an alternative or go to the reception desk, whilst in my Speedo’s isn't a pleasant experience – for me or anyone unfortunate enough to witness it.

However, to get back to your initial point. Will the economy see a benefit of this change? Artificial stimulus like this, has the potential to increase employment in addition to any contracts agreed by businesses to replace or upgrade the equipment. The fake coins may also have an effect on inflation, with more currency floating around. Will we actually see a decrease in inflation as a result of the new coins? It is well known that ‘enemies’ can flood their warring opponent with fake money in an effect to de-stabilise the economy.
The dates we see changes to currency seem to coincide with times of austerity. Looking at the economy in the 70's when we introduced decimalisation, the 80's when the £1 was introduced and 1/2p was taken from us. The changes in the early 90's to the 5p...

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm #268
(28 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm)Andreos1 I have no idea what the net cost will be.

That was a poor point by me and I wasn't getting at the right idea at first.
Jamie M
28 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm #268

(28 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm)Andreos1 I have no idea what the net cost will be.

That was a poor point by me and I wasn't getting at the right idea at first.

28 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm #269

It's not just for cosmetic reasons though, there are a lot of counterfeit coins out there which is a growing problem that needed to be dealt with.

Check out my Flickr - www.flickr.com/cobalt512
Cobalt271
28 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm #269

It's not just for cosmetic reasons though, there are a lot of counterfeit coins out there which is a growing problem that needed to be dealt with.

Check out my Flickr - www.flickr.com/cobalt512

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Mar 2017, 3:57 pm #270
(28 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm)Cobalt271 It's not just for cosmetic reasons though, there are a lot of counterfeit coins out there which is a growing problem that needed to be dealt with.
I acknowledged that this was a terrible point to focus on
Jamie M
28 Mar 2017, 3:57 pm #270

(28 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm)Cobalt271 It's not just for cosmetic reasons though, there are a lot of counterfeit coins out there which is a growing problem that needed to be dealt with.
I acknowledged that this was a terrible point to focus on

Andreos1

28 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm #271
(28 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm)Jamie M That was a poor point by me and I wasn't getting at the right idea at first.

Not at all. I think just perspectives and opinions. If we didnt have different ones, the world would be a boring place.

Andreos1
28 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm #271

(28 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm)Jamie M That was a poor point by me and I wasn't getting at the right idea at first.

Not at all. I think just perspectives and opinions. If we didnt have different ones, the world would be a boring place.

Jamie M

Unregistered

28 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm #272
(28 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm)Andreos1 Not at all. I think just perspectives and opinions. If we didnt have different ones, the world would be a boring place.
I agree, but I don't agree with the way I conveyed my point at the start since it's more of a re-inforcement than a structured view.
Jamie M
28 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm #272

(28 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm)Andreos1 Not at all. I think just perspectives and opinions. If we didnt have different ones, the world would be a boring place.
I agree, but I don't agree with the way I conveyed my point at the start since it's more of a re-inforcement than a structured view.

29 Mar 2017, 11:54 am #273
I can only imagine the Government/BofE will fund vendors at least partially to accept the new coins.
If such companies employ staff to change designs, the employees get paid, they then pay tax/NI. They also spend money boosting the economy.

It's not a huge disadvantage to the government or the companies involved at all - if anything it can be a huge advantage!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
29 Mar 2017, 11:54 am #273

I can only imagine the Government/BofE will fund vendors at least partially to accept the new coins.
If such companies employ staff to change designs, the employees get paid, they then pay tax/NI. They also spend money boosting the economy.

It's not a huge disadvantage to the government or the companies involved at all - if anything it can be a huge advantage!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Jamie M

Unregistered

03 Apr 2017, 6:26 pm #274
I've got me dSLR out tonight, a rare sight!
Testing purposes, of course! Haven't used it for months.
Jamie M
03 Apr 2017, 6:26 pm #274

I've got me dSLR out tonight, a rare sight!
Testing purposes, of course! Haven't used it for months.

Jamie M

Unregistered

08 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm #275
Going to try and get a picture of the N21 next week. I can't find any where yet. Maybe an N56 too Big Grin
Jamie M
08 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm #275

Going to try and get a picture of the N21 next week. I can't find any where yet. Maybe an N56 too Big Grin

08 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm #276
(08 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm)Jamie M Going to try and get a picture of the N21 next week. I can't find any where yet. Maybe an N56 too Big Grin

Would love to do the same, But its literally impossible to do. Also adding the fact I'm only 14 so my Mam and Dad wouldn't let me either haha.

Id like to have a attempt at a photo of the 45E possibly in this holidays, But that would be a push aswell.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
08 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm #276

(08 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm)Jamie M Going to try and get a picture of the N21 next week. I can't find any where yet. Maybe an N56 too Big Grin

Would love to do the same, But its literally impossible to do. Also adding the fact I'm only 14 so my Mam and Dad wouldn't let me either haha.

Id like to have a attempt at a photo of the 45E possibly in this holidays, But that would be a push aswell.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Jamie M

Unregistered

08 Apr 2017, 9:23 pm #277
(08 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm)South Tyne Lad Would love to do the same, But its literally impossible to do. Also adding the fact I'm only 14 so my Mam and Dad wouldn't let me either haha.

I find somewhere out of the way to park my car (I know this isn't possible for you) and just get myself around. I get 45Es a lot, since I'm now DSLRing I don't even need to be in range of drivers etc. Car parks are expensive as owt though, even offpeak.
Jamie M
08 Apr 2017, 9:23 pm #277

(08 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm)South Tyne Lad Would love to do the same, But its literally impossible to do. Also adding the fact I'm only 14 so my Mam and Dad wouldn't let me either haha.

I find somewhere out of the way to park my car (I know this isn't possible for you) and just get myself around. I get 45Es a lot, since I'm now DSLRing I don't even need to be in range of drivers etc. Car parks are expensive as owt though, even offpeak.

Andreos1

08 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm #278
It seems a post I made, answering/responding to a post from a mod has vanished.

In it, I responded with a rhetorical question, referred to an example of illegal driving, voiced an opinion regarding certain behaviours and questioned whether the points put forward were examples or possibly symptomatic of the organisation as a whole.
I even wondered out loud, whether arrogance was inherent within the organisation.

Whether the post was deleted by accident or not, only certain people will know.
If we have seen a post deleted deliberately, then it is clear members of the forum don't have the right to reply and express an opinion about a certain organisation.
We have reached a very sad state of affairs.

Those who read the post, will have clearly seen the ambiguity in the post and lack of vehicle details, location etc.
It could be ar$e covering or even sycophancy that led to the post being deleted. If the post was deleted on purpose, one has to wonder if my point about inherent arrogance, is correct.

Bigger audiences exist, that don't have the same level of censorship or ear bending. I am sure the behaviour shown would be of interest.

If the post was deleted by accident, then I would hope it wouldn't be too much of an issue me re-posting it again.

In the mean-time, I will continue to share the detail with a far bigger audience than exists here.

Andreos1
08 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm #278

It seems a post I made, answering/responding to a post from a mod has vanished.

In it, I responded with a rhetorical question, referred to an example of illegal driving, voiced an opinion regarding certain behaviours and questioned whether the points put forward were examples or possibly symptomatic of the organisation as a whole.
I even wondered out loud, whether arrogance was inherent within the organisation.

Whether the post was deleted by accident or not, only certain people will know.
If we have seen a post deleted deliberately, then it is clear members of the forum don't have the right to reply and express an opinion about a certain organisation.
We have reached a very sad state of affairs.

Those who read the post, will have clearly seen the ambiguity in the post and lack of vehicle details, location etc.
It could be ar$e covering or even sycophancy that led to the post being deleted. If the post was deleted on purpose, one has to wonder if my point about inherent arrogance, is correct.

Bigger audiences exist, that don't have the same level of censorship or ear bending. I am sure the behaviour shown would be of interest.

If the post was deleted by accident, then I would hope it wouldn't be too much of an issue me re-posting it again.

In the mean-time, I will continue to share the detail with a far bigger audience than exists here.

Adrian

08 Apr 2017, 10:45 pm #279
(08 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm)Andreos1 It seems a post I made, answering/responding to a post from a mod has vanished.

Posts were moved here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=852

Dan's post was not moved as it was predominantly on the new ETM trial, and unfortunately MyBB does not allow you to split an individual post. It either remains in one thread or another.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Apr 2017, 10:45 pm #279

(08 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm)Andreos1 It seems a post I made, answering/responding to a post from a mod has vanished.

Posts were moved here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=852

Dan's post was not moved as it was predominantly on the new ETM trial, and unfortunately MyBB does not allow you to split an individual post. It either remains in one thread or another.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jamie M

Unregistered

09 Apr 2017, 12:02 am #280
[Image: 33920480055_f86e60bad0_k.jpg](Go North East) NK56KKF / 5270 - Scania Omnicity by Jamie MP, on Flickr
This picture has been touched up (a tad more exposure than default. On my phone (s6) the picture is clear, on my laptop (lower end) the picture looks horribly noisy. Any Opinions?

(Original)
[Image: 33920480055_c6138d94f7_k.jpg]

A similar issue with this picture, although a lot less noise on my laptop. Crystal clear on my phone and the following was not editted.

[Image: 33790976851_f9e78bba17_k.jpg](Go North East) NK54NVM / 5223 - Wright Solar by Jamie MP, on Flickr
Jamie M
09 Apr 2017, 12:02 am #280

[Image: 33920480055_f86e60bad0_k.jpg](Go North East) NK56KKF / 5270 - Scania Omnicity by Jamie MP, on Flickr
This picture has been touched up (a tad more exposure than default. On my phone (s6) the picture is clear, on my laptop (lower end) the picture looks horribly noisy. Any Opinions?

(Original)
[Image: 33920480055_c6138d94f7_k.jpg]

A similar issue with this picture, although a lot less noise on my laptop. Crystal clear on my phone and the following was not editted.

[Image: 33790976851_f9e78bba17_k.jpg](Go North East) NK54NVM / 5223 - Wright Solar by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Pages (20) Previous 113 14 1520 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average