Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20) Previous 115 16 1720 Next
Simmy

25 May 2017, 10:31 pm #301
Has anyone purchased tickets on SNE buses with a contactless card before? If so, how did you find the process? I don't have time to visit a cash machine before heading off to my uni exam tomorrow, so I am considering purchasing a day ticket using my card.
Simmy
25 May 2017, 10:31 pm #301

Has anyone purchased tickets on SNE buses with a contactless card before? If so, how did you find the process? I don't have time to visit a cash machine before heading off to my uni exam tomorrow, so I am considering purchasing a day ticket using my card.

Simmy

26 May 2017, 11:54 pm #302
(25 May 2017, 10:31 pm)Simmy Has anyone purchased tickets on SNE buses with a contactless card before? If so, how did you find the process? I don't have time to visit a cash machine before heading off to my uni exam tomorrow, so I am considering purchasing a day ticket using my card.

Worked like a charm! I had some spare change as I am always nervous about attempting new payment methods, however the ticket issuing process was quick and efficient. The driver said that I was the first person within a week to ask him to use a contactless card as a means of purchase. It will be interesting to see how the adoption of contactless technology progresses within the various operators in Tyne and Wear.
Simmy
26 May 2017, 11:54 pm #302

(25 May 2017, 10:31 pm)Simmy Has anyone purchased tickets on SNE buses with a contactless card before? If so, how did you find the process? I don't have time to visit a cash machine before heading off to my uni exam tomorrow, so I am considering purchasing a day ticket using my card.

Worked like a charm! I had some spare change as I am always nervous about attempting new payment methods, however the ticket issuing process was quick and efficient. The driver said that I was the first person within a week to ask him to use a contactless card as a means of purchase. It will be interesting to see how the adoption of contactless technology progresses within the various operators in Tyne and Wear.

Adrian

27 May 2017, 6:21 pm #303
So it is quite common I get sent screen grabs of comical posts. Most just get a smirk or a nod, but this one I felt were worth sharing.

I've written in the past about the so-called divide between younger and older enthusiasts, with many very reluctant to let the younger generation into what is an old boys network. However, when you read posts such as the below, it makes you wonder why anyone even wants to be part of such a bitter-at-times hobby... 

It is a shame that we don't start speaking to people and politely educating them... young and old. The majority will want to learn and expand their knowledge, and not be spoken to like something they've trodden in. All because they can't tell the difference between bus A and bus B! Undecided

[Image: 0jcMWYU.png]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 May 2017, 6:21 pm #303

So it is quite common I get sent screen grabs of comical posts. Most just get a smirk or a nod, but this one I felt were worth sharing.

I've written in the past about the so-called divide between younger and older enthusiasts, with many very reluctant to let the younger generation into what is an old boys network. However, when you read posts such as the below, it makes you wonder why anyone even wants to be part of such a bitter-at-times hobby... 

It is a shame that we don't start speaking to people and politely educating them... young and old. The majority will want to learn and expand their knowledge, and not be spoken to like something they've trodden in. All because they can't tell the difference between bus A and bus B! Undecided

BusLoverMum

27 May 2017, 6:46 pm #304
(27 May 2017, 6:21 pm)Adrian So it is quite common I get sent screen grabs of comical posts. Most just get a smirk or a nod, but this one I felt were worth sharing.

Wow. Just imagine if that guy found something really important to get angry about.

It's t'other way around in our house. Bigun is often correcting me!

And sometimes he's right Big Grin
BusLoverMum
27 May 2017, 6:46 pm #304

(27 May 2017, 6:21 pm)Adrian So it is quite common I get sent screen grabs of comical posts. Most just get a smirk or a nod, but this one I felt were worth sharing.

Wow. Just imagine if that guy found something really important to get angry about.

Adrian

27 May 2017, 6:49 pm #305
(27 May 2017, 6:46 pm)BusLoverMum Wow. Just imagine if that guy found something really important to get angry about.

In a friendly and educational way I hope?  Tongue

Adrian
27 May 2017, 6:49 pm #305

(27 May 2017, 6:46 pm)BusLoverMum Wow. Just imagine if that guy found something really important to get angry about.

In a friendly and educational way I hope?  Tongue

BusLoverMum

27 May 2017, 6:52 pm #306
(27 May 2017, 6:49 pm)Adrian In a friendly and educational way I hope?  Tongue

Haha. He despairs of me, I think.
BusLoverMum
27 May 2017, 6:52 pm #306

(27 May 2017, 6:49 pm)Adrian In a friendly and educational way I hope?  Tongue

Haha. He despairs of me, I think.

Jimmi

27 May 2017, 6:53 pm #307

Quite sad, especially as I quite frequently see people post photos of Enviro 400 bodies on a Scania chassis and quite often this mistake can be made, I've probably fallen foul of it myself and this is in part why I often end up having to research stuff like this, sadly even with research you can still sometimes fall foul of incorrect info, once got a snooty reply off someone on Flickr after I stated a previous owner of a bus but got the operator name slightly wrong. When I do spot a mistake someone has made, I will respectfully give them a correction to help give them the correct info.

I honestly don't know half the stuff that goes on with some enthusiast's, I had a rather uncomfortable journey back from Carlisle this afternoon owing to someone trying to wind me up and get a reaction out of me but I didn't give them a single second of my time.
Jimmi
27 May 2017, 6:53 pm #307

Quite sad, especially as I quite frequently see people post photos of Enviro 400 bodies on a Scania chassis and quite often this mistake can be made, I've probably fallen foul of it myself and this is in part why I often end up having to research stuff like this, sadly even with research you can still sometimes fall foul of incorrect info, once got a snooty reply off someone on Flickr after I stated a previous owner of a bus but got the operator name slightly wrong. When I do spot a mistake someone has made, I will respectfully give them a correction to help give them the correct info.

I honestly don't know half the stuff that goes on with some enthusiast's, I had a rather uncomfortable journey back from Carlisle this afternoon owing to someone trying to wind me up and get a reaction out of me but I didn't give them a single second of my time.

Charles41

27 May 2017, 7:01 pm #308
When you see all the terrible things that are happening in the world, it makes you wonder why some people get so wound up about mistakenly describing a type of bus.

Carlisle was a cracking day out. I think I may have been on the same open topper as Jimmi. I would definitely go to this event again.

Charles
Charles41
27 May 2017, 7:01 pm #308

When you see all the terrible things that are happening in the world, it makes you wonder why some people get so wound up about mistakenly describing a type of bus.

Carlisle was a cracking day out. I think I may have been on the same open topper as Jimmi. I would definitely go to this event again.

Charles

28 May 2017, 9:23 pm #309
(27 May 2017, 6:53 pm)Jimmi Quite sad, especially as I quite frequently see people post photos of Enviro 400 bodies on a Scania chassis and quite often this mistake can be made, I've probably fallen foul of it myself and this is in part why I often end up having to research stuff like this, sadly even with research you can still sometimes fall foul of incorrect info, once got a snooty reply off someone on Flickr after I stated a previous owner of a bus but got the operator name slightly wrong. When I do spot a mistake someone has made, I will respectfully give them a correction to help give them the correct info.

Funny to find that the poster on Facebook has gotten something wrong in his post too....

There not " Gas " fuelled, There Fuelled by Compressed Natural Gas ( CNG ), Other " Gas" used in the Motor industry are LNG ( Liquified Natural Gas ) APG ( Associated Petroleum Gas ) and SNG ( Substitute Natural Gas ) to name three.

So it's pretty ironic that he names a bus as bus as being filled by " Gas " that could be anything Big Grin

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
28 May 2017, 9:23 pm #309

(27 May 2017, 6:53 pm)Jimmi Quite sad, especially as I quite frequently see people post photos of Enviro 400 bodies on a Scania chassis and quite often this mistake can be made, I've probably fallen foul of it myself and this is in part why I often end up having to research stuff like this, sadly even with research you can still sometimes fall foul of incorrect info, once got a snooty reply off someone on Flickr after I stated a previous owner of a bus but got the operator name slightly wrong. When I do spot a mistake someone has made, I will respectfully give them a correction to help give them the correct info.

Funny to find that the poster on Facebook has gotten something wrong in his post too....

There not " Gas " fuelled, There Fuelled by Compressed Natural Gas ( CNG ), Other " Gas" used in the Motor industry are LNG ( Liquified Natural Gas ) APG ( Associated Petroleum Gas ) and SNG ( Substitute Natural Gas ) to name three.

So it's pretty ironic that he names a bus as bus as being filled by " Gas " that could be anything Big Grin

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Adrian

28 May 2017, 10:19 pm #310
(28 May 2017, 8:34 pm)Rebel I will begin this post by saying this with my hand on my heart.
I really want to work for Go North East and believe I can be a good asset / driver for the company.
( To put it in plain english, it really is the Job I want to do and my preferred company to work for )
I did apply over a year ago and was unsuccessful after my interview and at that point I was gutted to say the least.

If you come across too keen to work for a company, rather than that you want to work in that job role, then I'd say most recruiters would look at that as a negative. It comes across as if working for a particular company is a 'badge of honour' for you, whereas you should be willing to do the job that you desire employed by most (reputable) employers.

Adrian
28 May 2017, 10:19 pm #310

(28 May 2017, 8:34 pm)Rebel I will begin this post by saying this with my hand on my heart.
I really want to work for Go North East and believe I can be a good asset / driver for the company.
( To put it in plain english, it really is the Job I want to do and my preferred company to work for )
I did apply over a year ago and was unsuccessful after my interview and at that point I was gutted to say the least.

If you come across too keen to work for a company, rather than that you want to work in that job role, then I'd say most recruiters would look at that as a negative. It comes across as if working for a particular company is a 'badge of honour' for you, whereas you should be willing to do the job that you desire employed by most (reputable) employers.

29 May 2017, 5:52 pm #311

Is that not just asking for people to openly refer to them as Enviro 400H Cities in eyesight of him? I know I would...!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
29 May 2017, 5:52 pm #311

Is that not just asking for people to openly refer to them as Enviro 400H Cities in eyesight of him? I know I would...!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Michael

30 May 2017, 10:24 am #312
Standing in Park Lane for the 36, wondering if it wants to turn....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 May 2017, 10:24 am #312

Standing in Park Lane for the 36, wondering if it wants to turn....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

30 May 2017, 11:30 am #313
(30 May 2017, 10:24 am)Michael Standing in Park Lane for the 36, wondering if it wants to turn....

Howay then Michael, we want to know what happened to the 36.

Did it turn up? Turn around? Turn in to a Transformer? Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 May 2017, 11:30 am #313

(30 May 2017, 10:24 am)Michael Standing in Park Lane for the 36, wondering if it wants to turn....

Howay then Michael, we want to know what happened to the 36.

Michael

04 Jun 2017, 8:05 am #314
(30 May 2017, 11:30 am)Andreos1 Howay then Michael, we want to know what happened to the 36.

Some reason, this didn't appear as a reply!

It did, the driver then had a problem with the ticket machine!

-----------------

London Bridge terror: Six killed in van and knife attack, three attackers shot dead

http://news.sky.com/story/knife-attack-a...s-10903580

3rd attack since March..... R.I.P to those who died.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jun 2017, 8:05 am #314

(30 May 2017, 11:30 am)Andreos1 Howay then Michael, we want to know what happened to the 36.

Some reason, this didn't appear as a reply!

It did, the driver then had a problem with the ticket machine!

-----------------

London Bridge terror: Six killed in van and knife attack, three attackers shot dead

http://news.sky.com/story/knife-attack-a...s-10903580

3rd attack since March..... R.I.P to those who died.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

04 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm #315
I thought there was a ban on enthusiasts being in cabs unsupervised at rallies?

Or does the apparent ban only extend to certain enthusiasts?
Edited 04 Jun 2017, 12:18 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
04 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm #315

I thought there was a ban on enthusiasts being in cabs unsupervised at rallies?

Jamie M

Unregistered

04 Jun 2017, 4:56 pm #316
(04 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm)MurdnunoC I thought there was a ban on enthusiasts being in cabs unsupervised at rallies?

Are enthusiasts now a sub-form of human with revoked rights now? Haha. Time to go into disguise!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
04 Jun 2017, 4:56 pm #316

(04 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm)MurdnunoC I thought there was a ban on enthusiasts being in cabs unsupervised at rallies?

Are enthusiasts now a sub-form of human with revoked rights now? Haha. Time to go into disguise!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

06 Jun 2017, 10:11 am #317
Sad news coming out of Beijing in the last few hours...

Former Newcastle Player Chieck Tiote has died aged only 30

Chieck Tiote dies aged 30

MrFozz
06 Jun 2017, 10:11 am #317

Sad news coming out of Beijing in the last few hours...

Former Newcastle Player Chieck Tiote has died aged only 30

Chieck Tiote dies aged 30

Simmy

10 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm #318
A question that has intrigued me for some time.... in order for the power sockets to work on buses/trains, do the vehicles receive a 'charge' every so often from a power source?
Simmy
10 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm #318

A question that has intrigued me for some time.... in order for the power sockets to work on buses/trains, do the vehicles receive a 'charge' every so often from a power source?

Andreos1

10 Jun 2017, 10:59 pm #319
(10 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm)Simmy A question that has intrigued me for some time.... in order for the power sockets to work on buses/trains, do the vehicles receive a 'charge' every so often from a power source?

I assumed (incorrectly or not), that it runs in a similar fashion to the method when charging your phone in the car.
So with a bus, it runs off the battery... May be totally wrong mind!

Andreos1
10 Jun 2017, 10:59 pm #319

(10 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm)Simmy A question that has intrigued me for some time.... in order for the power sockets to work on buses/trains, do the vehicles receive a 'charge' every so often from a power source?

I assumed (incorrectly or not), that it runs in a similar fashion to the method when charging your phone in the car.
So with a bus, it runs off the battery... May be totally wrong mind!

Michael

07 Jul 2017, 3:04 pm #320
Sad news today, Bradley Lowery has died.

My brave boy has went with the angels today 07/07/17 at 13:35, in mammy and daddies arms surrounded by his family.

He was our little superhero and put the biggest fight up but he was needed else where.

There are no words to describe how heart broken we are.

Thank you everyone for all your support and kind words.

Sleep tight baby boy and fly high with them angels.
Edited 07 Jul 2017, 3:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Jul 2017, 3:04 pm #320

Sad news today, Bradley Lowery has died.

My brave boy has went with the angels today 07/07/17 at 13:35, in mammy and daddies arms surrounded by his family.

He was our little superhero and put the biggest fight up but he was needed else where.

There are no words to describe how heart broken we are.

Thank you everyone for all your support and kind words.

Sleep tight baby boy and fly high with them angels.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (20) Previous 115 16 1720 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average