Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (35) Previous 117 18 1935 Next
BusLoverMum

15 Aug 2016, 7:53 pm #341
(15 Aug 2016, 9:02 am)GX03 SVC Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

If drivers expect a bus ticket, tell me how I always either get a dirty look or refused entry when I show my Arriva-issued Explorer when I board a GNE bus?!

I have the odd problem, but not that often. Most often, an older driver who needs me to move the ticket so he can read it through his varifocals.
BusLoverMum
15 Aug 2016, 7:53 pm #341

(15 Aug 2016, 9:02 am)GX03 SVC Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

If drivers expect a bus ticket, tell me how I always either get a dirty look or refused entry when I show my Arriva-issued Explorer when I board a GNE bus?!

I have the odd problem, but not that often. Most often, an older driver who needs me to move the ticket so he can read it through his varifocals.

BusLoverMum

15 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm #342
(15 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm)JP6004 To be fair, how many people want to go to Hartlepool  Tongue

We do have a direct bus there and we never bother. Well, we did once, for the novelty.
BusLoverMum
15 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm #342

(15 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm)JP6004 To be fair, how many people want to go to Hartlepool  Tongue

We do have a direct bus there and we never bother. Well, we did once, for the novelty.

citaro5284

15 Aug 2016, 8:20 pm #343
(15 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm)BusLoverMum We do have a direct bus there and we never bother. Well, we did once, for the novelty.

I bet it was a novelty as well   Dodgy
citaro5284
15 Aug 2016, 8:20 pm #343

(15 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm)BusLoverMum We do have a direct bus there and we never bother. Well, we did once, for the novelty.

I bet it was a novelty as well   Dodgy

BusLoverMum

15 Aug 2016, 8:25 pm #344
(15 Aug 2016, 8:20 pm)citaro5284 I bet it was a novelty as well   Dodgy

The smell of the indoor market definitely was [boak]
BusLoverMum
15 Aug 2016, 8:25 pm #344

The smell of the indoor market definitely was [boak]

Jamie M

Unregistered

15 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm #345
Marina's alright but there's nout much else to it. Much like how I view Sunderland - there's Seaburn and the rest is bland like

Beaches tend to be the better places of most settlements, Blyth being another - with the exception of Whitley Bay which has never inspired me, or seemingly anyone else for the past 30 years.

I much prefer North west Durham/South West Tyne&Wear, especially Blackhall Mill and Consett. Nout ever bad around there. Would say the same for Durham, but it's much a one stop show, seen the bridge/square and cathedral and there's not much worth going back to see and be a part of.
Jamie M
15 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm #345

Marina's alright but there's nout much else to it. Much like how I view Sunderland - there's Seaburn and the rest is bland like

Beaches tend to be the better places of most settlements, Blyth being another - with the exception of Whitley Bay which has never inspired me, or seemingly anyone else for the past 30 years.

I much prefer North west Durham/South West Tyne&Wear, especially Blackhall Mill and Consett. Nout ever bad around there. Would say the same for Durham, but it's much a one stop show, seen the bridge/square and cathedral and there's not much worth going back to see and be a part of.

BusLoverMum

15 Aug 2016, 8:38 pm #346
(15 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm)Jamie M Marina's alright but there's nout much else to it. Much like how I view Sunderland - there's Seaburn and the rest is bland like

Sunderland's a little less grim - probably because it's much bigger and at least does have a few decent shops. We sometimes browse around on a Sunday, since we can get there directly - I'll take one of the boys to get them out of the other's hair.

And there's much, much worse places to have as a local town than Durham. We'll be househunting in a year or two and, even though Husband works on Teesside (though that's never set in stone) we don't want to move out of spitting distance. Helps that it's small enough to dash through and do al your errands before the next bus leaves, half an hour after you arrived, but nice enough to sit in the marketplace with a sarnie and just relax for a bit. And I've lived in the region for getting on for 3 decades and near Durham for 13 years of that and it still keeps surprising me. (Partly because I still keep losing my bearings there, despite having a pretty spot on sense of direction!)
BusLoverMum
15 Aug 2016, 8:38 pm #346

(15 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm)Jamie M Marina's alright but there's nout much else to it. Much like how I view Sunderland - there's Seaburn and the rest is bland like

Sunderland's a little less grim - probably because it's much bigger and at least does have a few decent shops. We sometimes browse around on a Sunday, since we can get there directly - I'll take one of the boys to get them out of the other's hair.

And there's much, much worse places to have as a local town than Durham. We'll be househunting in a year or two and, even though Husband works on Teesside (though that's never set in stone) we don't want to move out of spitting distance. Helps that it's small enough to dash through and do al your errands before the next bus leaves, half an hour after you arrived, but nice enough to sit in the marketplace with a sarnie and just relax for a bit. And I've lived in the region for getting on for 3 decades and near Durham for 13 years of that and it still keeps surprising me. (Partly because I still keep losing my bearings there, despite having a pretty spot on sense of direction!)

Jamie M

Unregistered

15 Aug 2016, 9:09 pm #347
(15 Aug 2016, 8:38 pm)BusLoverMum Sunderland's a little less grim - probably because it's much bigger and at least does have a few decent shops. We sometimes browse around on a Sunday, since we can get there directly - I'll take one of the boys to get them out of the other's hair.

Ay, I'm not marking it down as a bad place to live by any means, just from a tourist point of view - I aint in a rush to go back and see al the same 3 things again.
Jamie M
15 Aug 2016, 9:09 pm #347

(15 Aug 2016, 8:38 pm)BusLoverMum Sunderland's a little less grim - probably because it's much bigger and at least does have a few decent shops. We sometimes browse around on a Sunday, since we can get there directly - I'll take one of the boys to get them out of the other's hair.

Ay, I'm not marking it down as a bad place to live by any means, just from a tourist point of view - I aint in a rush to go back and see al the same 3 things again.

15 Aug 2016, 9:56 pm #348
(15 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm)Jamie M I much prefer North west Durham/South West Tyne&Wear, especially Blackhall Mill and Consett. Nout ever bad around there. 

You should try some of the random villages, sure the locals in one place near Consett were getting ready to lynch me with pitchforks and flame torches.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
15 Aug 2016, 9:56 pm #348

(15 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm)Jamie M I much prefer North west Durham/South West Tyne&Wear, especially Blackhall Mill and Consett. Nout ever bad around there. 

You should try some of the random villages, sure the locals in one place near Consett were getting ready to lynch me with pitchforks and flame torches.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

BusLoverMum

15 Aug 2016, 10:10 pm #349
(15 Aug 2016, 9:56 pm)GMitchelhill You should try some of the random villages, sure the locals in one place near Consett were getting ready to lynch me with pitchforks and flame torches.

When I first moved here, everyone seemed to know more about me than I did, within days!
BusLoverMum
15 Aug 2016, 10:10 pm #349

(15 Aug 2016, 9:56 pm)GMitchelhill You should try some of the random villages, sure the locals in one place near Consett were getting ready to lynch me with pitchforks and flame torches.

When I first moved here, everyone seemed to know more about me than I did, within days!

Jamie M

Unregistered

16 Aug 2016, 6:05 am #350
I felt that a bit with Stanley, but along the east side of Consett is fine. I've even cycles all the way up the A691 from Durham then Delves Lane with one or two other places. I didn't feel threatened in the slightest.
Jamie M
16 Aug 2016, 6:05 am #350

I felt that a bit with Stanley, but along the east side of Consett is fine. I've even cycles all the way up the A691 from Durham then Delves Lane with one or two other places. I didn't feel threatened in the slightest.

V514DFT

16 Aug 2016, 11:55 am #351
Cant be as bad as battle hill,6 or 7 buses for what exactly,the college,whoop de doo,and ive notced aswell that companies like to terminate buses in North Shields,its not exactly the be end and end all of towns,theres nout really there,all companies in my opinion need to seriously review 'lost links',its not really fair if you have to constantly pay for a day ticket
V514DFT
16 Aug 2016, 11:55 am #351

Cant be as bad as battle hill,6 or 7 buses for what exactly,the college,whoop de doo,and ive notced aswell that companies like to terminate buses in North Shields,its not exactly the be end and end all of towns,theres nout really there,all companies in my opinion need to seriously review 'lost links',its not really fair if you have to constantly pay for a day ticket

dannygee

16 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm #352
(16 Aug 2016, 11:55 am)V514DFT Cant be as bad as battle hill,6 or 7 buses for what exactly,the college,whoop de doo,and ive notced aswell that companies like to terminate buses in North Shields,its not exactly the be end and end all of towns,theres nout really there,all companies in my opinion need to seriously review 'lost links',its not really fair if you have to constantly pay for a day ticket

Yeah go north east could operate the service 9 for example to whitley bay or blyth and rhe 310 to tynemouth to allow a connection from top of norham road or cobalt and even high farm.
dannygee
16 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm #352

(16 Aug 2016, 11:55 am)V514DFT Cant be as bad as battle hill,6 or 7 buses for what exactly,the college,whoop de doo,and ive notced aswell that companies like to terminate buses in North Shields,its not exactly the be end and end all of towns,theres nout really there,all companies in my opinion need to seriously review 'lost links',its not really fair if you have to constantly pay for a day ticket

Yeah go north east could operate the service 9 for example to whitley bay or blyth and rhe 310 to tynemouth to allow a connection from top of norham road or cobalt and even high farm.

big mac

16 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm #353

Being businesses they're of course trying to maximise revenue.  The less direct links there are, the more people have to buy a day pass which is more expensive than a single or return fare.  It just seems like over the last decade or so, the number of lost links have increased drdramatically.
big mac
16 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm #353

Being businesses they're of course trying to maximise revenue.  The less direct links there are, the more people have to buy a day pass which is more expensive than a single or return fare.  It just seems like over the last decade or so, the number of lost links have increased drdramatically.

V514DFT

16 Aug 2016, 2:27 pm #354
(16 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm)big mac Being businesses they're of course trying to maximise revenue.  The less direct links there are, the more people have to buy a day pass which is more expensive than a single or return fare.  It just seems like over the last decade or so, the number of lost links have increased drdramatically.

Yeah but north shields is starting to die out now a bit like wallsend,alot of derelict shops and always full of p*ssheads regardless of the time of day,in my opinion its just greed,they could extend buses from shields even if its on an hourly basis the only buses that continue through shields are the 1 and 11 and as said before Forest all has nout to the coast now until after like 7pm when the 11 and 42 interwork,and lets face it the metro isnt very reliable
V514DFT
16 Aug 2016, 2:27 pm #354

(16 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm)big mac Being businesses they're of course trying to maximise revenue.  The less direct links there are, the more people have to buy a day pass which is more expensive than a single or return fare.  It just seems like over the last decade or so, the number of lost links have increased drdramatically.

Yeah but north shields is starting to die out now a bit like wallsend,alot of derelict shops and always full of p*ssheads regardless of the time of day,in my opinion its just greed,they could extend buses from shields even if its on an hourly basis the only buses that continue through shields are the 1 and 11 and as said before Forest all has nout to the coast now until after like 7pm when the 11 and 42 interwork,and lets face it the metro isnt very reliable

Brian13

16 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm #355
Just had the pleasure of riding 3831 from swalwell on the 6. Couldn't believe it when it pulled in
Brian13
16 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm #355

Just had the pleasure of riding 3831 from swalwell on the 6. Couldn't believe it when it pulled in

Jamie M

Unregistered

16 Aug 2016, 4:50 pm #356
(16 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm)Brian13 Just had the pleasure of riding 3831 from swalwell on the 6. Couldn't believe it when it pulled in
Stanley often sends these out on northerns, probably every other day is likely. Not sure since new omnidekks though.
Jamie M
16 Aug 2016, 4:50 pm #356

(16 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm)Brian13 Just had the pleasure of riding 3831 from swalwell on the 6. Couldn't believe it when it pulled in
Stanley often sends these out on northerns, probably every other day is likely. Not sure since new omnidekks though.

Brian13

16 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm #357
(16 Aug 2016, 4:50 pm)Jamie M Stanley often sends these out on northerns, probably every other day is likely. Not sure since new omnidekks though.

3830 was also on the 6 before that too
Brian13
16 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm #357

(16 Aug 2016, 4:50 pm)Jamie M Stanley often sends these out on northerns, probably every other day is likely. Not sure since new omnidekks though.

3830 was also on the 6 before that too

Jamie M

Unregistered

16 Aug 2016, 5:10 pm #358
(16 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm)Brian13 3830 was also on the 6 before that too
Much prefer 3832, goes extremely quick - will be sad to see that one go.
Jamie M
16 Aug 2016, 5:10 pm #358

(16 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm)Brian13 3830 was also on the 6 before that too
Much prefer 3832, goes extremely quick - will be sad to see that one go.

Ambassador

16 Aug 2016, 5:12 pm #359
Looks like some very heavy loadings tonight. Weather getting people out?

Few 21s have left ES full and passengers standing

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
16 Aug 2016, 5:12 pm #359

Looks like some very heavy loadings tonight. Weather getting people out?

Few 21s have left ES full and passengers standing

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Brian13

16 Aug 2016, 5:13 pm #360
Surprised to see 3831 go like it did. Shame they have to be sold. They're in decent condition for their age
Brian13
16 Aug 2016, 5:13 pm #360

Surprised to see 3831 go like it did. Shame they have to be sold. They're in decent condition for their age

Pages (35) Previous 117 18 1935 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average