Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events NEBPT North East Bus and Coach Show 2017

NEBPT North East Bus and Coach Show 2017

NEBPT North East Bus and Coach Show 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Poll: Are you attending the event?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
31.82%
Votes 7
No
27.27%
Votes 6
Maybe
40.91%
Votes 9

Total 22 vote(s) 100%
BusLoverMum

04 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm #41
(04 Apr 2017, 9:44 am)Andreos1 No un-accompanied children either.
Does this mean a whole raft of enthusiasts are going to miss out?
Or, will will there be older men, willing to pal up with someone under the age of 16 for the day?
A veritable safeguarding nightmare!

Wel big'un with have me (last I checked, i wasn't a man) since he can't even walk to the local bus stop unaccompanied.
BusLoverMum
04 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm #41

Or, will will there be older men, willing to pal up with someone under the age of 16 for the day?

Wel big'un with have me (last I checked, i wasn't a man) since he can't even walk to the local bus stop unaccompanied.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2017, 7:01 am #42
(04 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm)BusLoverMum Wel big'un with have me (last I checked, i wasn't a man) since he can't even walk to the local bus stop unaccompanied.

Just like you, there will be a chance there will be parents with their children attending.

However, I think we both know that not all parents have the time or inclination to attend something like this.
Edited 05 Apr 2017, 7:02 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Apr 2017, 7:01 am #42

(04 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm)BusLoverMum Wel big'un with have me (last I checked, i wasn't a man) since he can't even walk to the local bus stop unaccompanied.

Just like you, there will be a chance there will be parents with their children attending.

However, I think we both know that not all parents have the time or inclination to attend something like this.

Charles41

05 Apr 2017, 7:11 pm #43
On the day I'll have a look and see what vehicles are there. If there's plenty to interest me I'll pay the two pounds.

Question is what if you leave the site would you be allowed back in.

How about Park and ride from Newcastle central station as well.

Charles
Charles41
05 Apr 2017, 7:11 pm #43

On the day I'll have a look and see what vehicles are there. If there's plenty to interest me I'll pay the two pounds.

Question is what if you leave the site would you be allowed back in.

How about Park and ride from Newcastle central station as well.

Charles

Adrian

05 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm #44

It depends what the reasoning behind it is, but I'm told it is for Health and Safety reasons. I know a lot of organisations tend to hide behind Health and Safety, but I wouldn't think this is the case. Seaburn has been an admission charging event for years, and that has never excluded minors, so why would they start now. My guess is that they've had safety issues flagged on their risk register, and this is mitigation measure that they've come up with. 

If Newcastle City Council have identified risks, then the NEBPT can't do an awful lot, other than agree a plan to mitigate them. Perhaps they didn't like the fact you'd have unaccompanied kids roaming free round the site, whilst you have buses travelling through them at the same time? The site doesn't have marked or dedicated walkways, and it'd be impractical to do so. It really could be anything, and it is hard to judge, without seeing the risk register. 

You've also got to bare in mind that NEBPT is entirely volunteer funded, and despite calls for help, they get very little in terms of stewarding events. I mean who wants to give their weekend up, and stand policing a rally instead?

I don't think the situation is ideal, but I accept that it is necessary to ensure an event remains safe for everyone that attends. Perhaps after this year, they'll either be in a position to get the council to revisit the situation, or alternatively and preferably, find a venue that means our rallies can remain inclusive to all.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm #44

It depends what the reasoning behind it is, but I'm told it is for Health and Safety reasons. I know a lot of organisations tend to hide behind Health and Safety, but I wouldn't think this is the case. Seaburn has been an admission charging event for years, and that has never excluded minors, so why would they start now. My guess is that they've had safety issues flagged on their risk register, and this is mitigation measure that they've come up with. 

If Newcastle City Council have identified risks, then the NEBPT can't do an awful lot, other than agree a plan to mitigate them. Perhaps they didn't like the fact you'd have unaccompanied kids roaming free round the site, whilst you have buses travelling through them at the same time? The site doesn't have marked or dedicated walkways, and it'd be impractical to do so. It really could be anything, and it is hard to judge, without seeing the risk register. 

You've also got to bare in mind that NEBPT is entirely volunteer funded, and despite calls for help, they get very little in terms of stewarding events. I mean who wants to give their weekend up, and stand policing a rally instead?

I don't think the situation is ideal, but I accept that it is necessary to ensure an event remains safe for everyone that attends. Perhaps after this year, they'll either be in a position to get the council to revisit the situation, or alternatively and preferably, find a venue that means our rallies can remain inclusive to all.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm #45
(05 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm)Adrian It depends what the reasoning behind it is, but I'm told it is for Health and Safety reasons. I know a lot of organisations tend to hide behind Health and Safety, but I wouldn't think this is the case. Seaburn has been an admission charging event for years, and that has never excluded minors, so why would they start now. My guess is that they've had safety issues flagged on their risk register, and this is mitigation measure that they've come up with. 

Totally agree with your points. It could even be down to insurance reasons.
If NEBT are using an existing policy and extending it for the event, it may be that current stipulations are carried over.

Mind, although measures can be put in to place to seperate traffic and pedestrians (I'm thinking along the lines of measures in place at Silverlink that involves barriers), there is the river to factor in to account at this event.

Andreos1
05 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm #45

(05 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm)Adrian It depends what the reasoning behind it is, but I'm told it is for Health and Safety reasons. I know a lot of organisations tend to hide behind Health and Safety, but I wouldn't think this is the case. Seaburn has been an admission charging event for years, and that has never excluded minors, so why would they start now. My guess is that they've had safety issues flagged on their risk register, and this is mitigation measure that they've come up with. 

Totally agree with your points. It could even be down to insurance reasons.
If NEBT are using an existing policy and extending it for the event, it may be that current stipulations are carried over.

Mind, although measures can be put in to place to seperate traffic and pedestrians (I'm thinking along the lines of measures in place at Silverlink that involves barriers), there is the river to factor in to account at this event.

dannygee

26 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm #46
Heard a few drivers saying that gne might not turn up this year as apperently no one has organised any of the buses to go. The drivers that normally go are gutted as they enjoy it. Hope this isnt true
dannygee
26 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm #46

Heard a few drivers saying that gne might not turn up this year as apperently no one has organised any of the buses to go. The drivers that normally go are gutted as they enjoy it. Hope this isnt true

27 Apr 2017, 8:01 am #47
(26 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm)dannygee Heard a few drivers saying that gne might not turn up this year as apperently no one has organised any of the buses to go. The drivers that normally go are gutted as they enjoy it. Hope this isnt true

I know that Arriva are bringing less buses if not any at all...
omnicity4659
27 Apr 2017, 8:01 am #47

(26 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm)dannygee Heard a few drivers saying that gne might not turn up this year as apperently no one has organised any of the buses to go. The drivers that normally go are gutted as they enjoy it. Hope this isnt true

I know that Arriva are bringing less buses if not any at all...

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Apr 2017, 8:05 am #48

Nothing organised yet to my knowledge (though I have been off on holiday this week and last), but it's always usually a bit last minute if I'm honest.
Dan
27 Apr 2017, 8:05 am #48

Nothing organised yet to my knowledge (though I have been off on holiday this week and last), but it's always usually a bit last minute if I'm honest.

Kuyoyo

27 Apr 2017, 8:15 am #49
(27 Apr 2017, 8:01 am)omnicity4659 I know that Arriva are bringing less buses if not any at all...

And that shows how little you actually know - there will be Arriva vehicles there, possibly more than previously years...........
Kuyoyo
27 Apr 2017, 8:15 am #49

(27 Apr 2017, 8:01 am)omnicity4659 I know that Arriva are bringing less buses if not any at all...

And that shows how little you actually know - there will be Arriva vehicles there, possibly more than previously years...........

dannygee

27 Apr 2017, 8:16 am #50
(27 Apr 2017, 8:05 am)Dan Nothing organised yet to my knowledge (though I have been off on holiday this week and last), but it's always usually a bit last minute if I'm honest.

Do you think something will be sorted dan?
dannygee
27 Apr 2017, 8:16 am #50

(27 Apr 2017, 8:05 am)Dan Nothing organised yet to my knowledge (though I have been off on holiday this week and last), but it's always usually a bit last minute if I'm honest.

Do you think something will be sorted dan?

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Apr 2017, 8:19 am #51
(27 Apr 2017, 8:16 am)dannygee Do you think something will be sorted dan?

Couldn't give a confident answer either way, to be honest, but I'm doubtful given that there's just two more days this week for something to be arranged.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
27 Apr 2017, 8:19 am #51

(27 Apr 2017, 8:16 am)dannygee Do you think something will be sorted dan?

Couldn't give a confident answer either way, to be honest, but I'm doubtful given that there's just two more days this week for something to be arranged.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

27 Apr 2017, 3:13 pm #52
A certain piece of North East nostalgia ( Albeit this bus didn't serve here) in the form of DAF SB220 / Plaxton Prestige R981 FNW could be turning up at the rally on Sunday, Subject to Owner's decision.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
27 Apr 2017, 3:13 pm #52

A certain piece of North East nostalgia ( Albeit this bus didn't serve here) in the form of DAF SB220 / Plaxton Prestige R981 FNW could be turning up at the rally on Sunday, Subject to Owner's decision.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

27 Apr 2017, 3:44 pm #53
(27 Apr 2017, 8:15 am)Kuyoyo And that shows how little you actually know - there will be Arriva vehicles there, possibly more than previously years...........

All I've been told is that a driver won't be organising buses from a certain depot.........? He may of changed his mind but his views on the rally scene weren't pointing in that direction.....

Of course I won't know anything from Teesside, but judging by vehicle presentation at the Teesside rally it won't be anything exciting with all them bumps and scratches....
Edited 27 Apr 2017, 3:46 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
27 Apr 2017, 3:44 pm #53

(27 Apr 2017, 8:15 am)Kuyoyo And that shows how little you actually know - there will be Arriva vehicles there, possibly more than previously years...........

All I've been told is that a driver won't be organising buses from a certain depot.........? He may of changed his mind but his views on the rally scene weren't pointing in that direction.....

Of course I won't know anything from Teesside, but judging by vehicle presentation at the Teesside rally it won't be anything exciting with all them bumps and scratches....

LeeCalder

28 Apr 2017, 3:52 am #54
GNE will be taking vehicles
LeeCalder
28 Apr 2017, 3:52 am #54

GNE will be taking vehicles

Kuyoyo

28 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm #55
Well, scratch Arriva off - HQ have squashed the efforts of the lads and said no.......
Kuyoyo
28 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm #55

Well, scratch Arriva off - HQ have squashed the efforts of the lads and said no.......

Adrian

28 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm #56
(28 Apr 2017, 3:52 am)LeeCalder GNE will be taking vehicles

Any chance of a list, so we can update the news section?

Adrian
28 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm #56

(28 Apr 2017, 3:52 am)LeeCalder GNE will be taking vehicles

Any chance of a list, so we can update the news section?

28 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm #57
(28 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm)Kuyoyo Well, scratch Arriva off - HQ have squashed the efforts of the lads and said no.......

Did they give a reason why?

Just hoping it wasn't down to comments aimed at vehicle presentation hasn't forced their hand.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
28 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm #57

(28 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm)Kuyoyo Well, scratch Arriva off - HQ have squashed the efforts of the lads and said no.......

Did they give a reason why?

Just hoping it wasn't down to comments aimed at vehicle presentation hasn't forced their hand.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Kuyoyo

28 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm #58
(28 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm)Rapidsnap Did they give a reason why?

No Risk Assessment on the site is the main reason
Kuyoyo
28 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm #58

(28 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm)Rapidsnap Did they give a reason why?

No Risk Assessment on the site is the main reason

Jimmi

28 Apr 2017, 9:30 pm #59
The free bus service from Gateshead Interchange stand D will commence at 10am running every 30 minutes.
Edited 28 Apr 2017, 9:31 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
28 Apr 2017, 9:30 pm #59

The free bus service from Gateshead Interchange stand D will commence at 10am running every 30 minutes.

BusLoverMum

28 Apr 2017, 10:41 pm #60

Well, bu....

(28 Apr 2017, 9:30 pm)Jimmi The free bus service from Gateshead Interchange stand D will commence at 10am running every 30 minutes.

Cheers - we're going on only possible on Sunday and bank holiday GNE day tickets, so was wondering whether to use these or aim for a Q3.

30 minute frequency is poor, mind. I suppose I could up our step count for the day!
Edited 28 Apr 2017, 10:43 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
28 Apr 2017, 10:41 pm #60

Well, bu....

(28 Apr 2017, 9:30 pm)Jimmi The free bus service from Gateshead Interchange stand D will commence at 10am running every 30 minutes.

Cheers - we're going on only possible on Sunday and bank holiday GNE day tickets, so was wondering whether to use these or aim for a Q3.

30 minute frequency is poor, mind. I suppose I could up our step count for the day!

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average