Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events NEBPT North East Bus and Coach Show 2017

NEBPT North East Bus and Coach Show 2017

NEBPT North East Bus and Coach Show 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 35 Next
Poll: Are you attending the event?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
31.82%
Votes 7
No
27.27%
Votes 6
Maybe
40.91%
Votes 9

Total 22 vote(s) 100%
22 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm #21
According to the NEBPT the venue has not been sorted yet.

I agree.... Its a poor location. Its not been organized very well. You would have thought they might have tried to get a better location, one next to a transport hub or at the very least near a Metro stop.

My chose would have been Chester LE Street cricket ground coach park, The Stadium Of Light as long as A game wasn't on. Or the Snipley park and ride site in Durham.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
22 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm #21

According to the NEBPT the venue has not been sorted yet.

I agree.... Its a poor location. Its not been organized very well. You would have thought they might have tried to get a better location, one next to a transport hub or at the very least near a Metro stop.

My chose would have been Chester LE Street cricket ground coach park, The Stadium Of Light as long as A game wasn't on. Or the Snipley park and ride site in Durham.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

Adrian

22 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm #22
I don't think it's a bad location at all. Hard standing is clearly the best solution for this kind of event, as it stops rain becoming a problem for buses getting in, out and around the site. Showbus last year was on a similar hard standing site, although a larger scale. Catering and toilet facilities were hired in, and I'd say the general consensus was that it was a lot better than previous years.

For food and facilities. You also have the Q3 that'll take you into the bus station, and there are plenty of toilet facilities and food outlets there. You also have the Sunday market on in Newcastle, and it has quite number of food places there.

As I've said previous, my only concern is that the trust are not giving themselves an much time to have a fair crack at making this year's event a success, given that we're not much over a month away now. I'd say the site is bigger than what was available at the Metrocentre, and I just hope it is used to inject a fresh approach into the event.

There are a few other good hard standing sites around, but I think the trust have done the right thing keeping it in the Newcastle/Gateshead area. The Emirates cricket ground car park wouldn't be a bad call for a Durham rally, but it'd have to be the car park rather than coach park for me... I've not been there for a while, but I think it only holds about 12 coaches normally?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm #22

I don't think it's a bad location at all. Hard standing is clearly the best solution for this kind of event, as it stops rain becoming a problem for buses getting in, out and around the site. Showbus last year was on a similar hard standing site, although a larger scale. Catering and toilet facilities were hired in, and I'd say the general consensus was that it was a lot better than previous years.

For food and facilities. You also have the Q3 that'll take you into the bus station, and there are plenty of toilet facilities and food outlets there. You also have the Sunday market on in Newcastle, and it has quite number of food places there.

As I've said previous, my only concern is that the trust are not giving themselves an much time to have a fair crack at making this year's event a success, given that we're not much over a month away now. I'd say the site is bigger than what was available at the Metrocentre, and I just hope it is used to inject a fresh approach into the event.

There are a few other good hard standing sites around, but I think the trust have done the right thing keeping it in the Newcastle/Gateshead area. The Emirates cricket ground car park wouldn't be a bad call for a Durham rally, but it'd have to be the car park rather than coach park for me... I've not been there for a while, but I think it only holds about 12 coaches normally?

22 Mar 2017, 7:01 pm #23
(22 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm)Adrian I don't think it's a bad location at all. Hard standing is clearly the best solution for this kind of event, as it stops rain becoming a problem for buses getting in, out and around the site. Showbus last year was on a similar hard standing site, although a larger scale. Catering and toilet facilities were hired in, and I'd say the general consensus was that it was a lot better than previous years.

What about Great Park Park and Ride, living next to it I know that the site is definitely big enough
NK53 TKT
22 Mar 2017, 7:01 pm #23

(22 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm)Adrian I don't think it's a bad location at all. Hard standing is clearly the best solution for this kind of event, as it stops rain becoming a problem for buses getting in, out and around the site. Showbus last year was on a similar hard standing site, although a larger scale. Catering and toilet facilities were hired in, and I'd say the general consensus was that it was a lot better than previous years.

What about Great Park Park and Ride, living next to it I know that the site is definitely big enough

Charles41

22 Mar 2017, 7:23 pm #24
My other concern with regards to spillers wharf is the lack of a pavement by the main road that runs parallel to the site. There is a cycle lane but no pavement wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair or pram. Given that you are going to have buses entering and exiting the site this is rather worrying from a health and safety perspective.

Also as to the need for toilets, if you are caught short you don't have time to wait for the q3 and then journey to the bus station.

Regarding hard standing when I passed on Sunday the site had numerous puddles on it which suggests the hard standing is not well maintained.

I feel it's time for a rethink as to the validity of this proposed site. I understand it's owned by newcastle city council.

Charles
Charles41
22 Mar 2017, 7:23 pm #24

My other concern with regards to spillers wharf is the lack of a pavement by the main road that runs parallel to the site. There is a cycle lane but no pavement wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair or pram. Given that you are going to have buses entering and exiting the site this is rather worrying from a health and safety perspective.

Also as to the need for toilets, if you are caught short you don't have time to wait for the q3 and then journey to the bus station.

Regarding hard standing when I passed on Sunday the site had numerous puddles on it which suggests the hard standing is not well maintained.

I feel it's time for a rethink as to the validity of this proposed site. I understand it's owned by newcastle city council.

Charles

Jimmi

24 Mar 2017, 4:44 pm #25
It's now been confirmed that the event will take place on April 30th 2017 at Spillers Wharf.

The post on North East Bus Preservation Trust's Facebook page states:

Following several weeks of speculation we can now announce that the NEBPT Bus & Coach Show will be held at Spillers Wharf, Newcastle Quayside on Sunday 30th April, 2017.
This event has been held at what is now the intu Metrocentre for the last twenty five years, but for reasons beyond our control it can not now take place at this venue.
We have had to fill in a mountain of paperwork, ranging from the Event Safety Plan to a Rival Markets Licence, and a multitude of other Health & Safety and Insurance requirements in between.
We have attended Safety Advisory Group (SAG) meetings, and had to satisfy all the requirements laid down by Newcastle City Council, Northumbria Police and North East Ambulance Service, just to name a few of the Agencies involved, before a licence was granted.
Further information concerning the event will be published over the next week as and when all the arrangements are finalised.
Many thanks for your patience.
Jimmi
24 Mar 2017, 4:44 pm #25

It's now been confirmed that the event will take place on April 30th 2017 at Spillers Wharf.

Following several weeks of speculation we can now announce that the NEBPT Bus & Coach Show will be held at Spillers Wharf, Newcastle Quayside on Sunday 30th April, 2017.
This event has been held at what is now the intu Metrocentre for the last twenty five years, but for reasons beyond our control it can not now take place at this venue.
We have had to fill in a mountain of paperwork, ranging from the Event Safety Plan to a Rival Markets Licence, and a multitude of other Health & Safety and Insurance requirements in between.
We have attended Safety Advisory Group (SAG) meetings, and had to satisfy all the requirements laid down by Newcastle City Council, Northumbria Police and North East Ambulance Service, just to name a few of the Agencies involved, before a licence was granted.
Further information concerning the event will be published over the next week as and when all the arrangements are finalised.

24 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm #26
(24 Mar 2017, 4:44 pm)Jimmi It's now been confirmed that the event will take place on April 30th 2017 at Spillers Wharf.

Damn, I am on BA1338 from LHR that Sunday
NK53 TKT
24 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm #26

(24 Mar 2017, 4:44 pm)Jimmi It's now been confirmed that the event will take place on April 30th 2017 at Spillers Wharf.

Damn, I am on BA1338 from LHR that Sunday

24 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm #27
(24 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm)NK53 TKT Damn, I am on BA1338 from LHR that Sunday

First World Problems

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
24 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm #27

(24 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm)NK53 TKT Damn, I am on BA1338 from LHR that Sunday

First World Problems

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

24 Mar 2017, 10:00 pm #28
(24 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm)Rapidsnap First World Problems

Your right, they downgraded my A321 to an A320 too...
NK53 TKT
24 Mar 2017, 10:00 pm #28

(24 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm)Rapidsnap First World Problems

Your right, they downgraded my A321 to an A320 too...

31 Mar 2017, 9:42 am #29
Unfortuantley I'm not going to be going as I'm at work that day. Not helped by the fact that Easter is later this year which meant there was 3 rallies I want to go to 3 weekends in a row, and unfortunatley could only get time off for 2 of them so picked to go to Kirkby Stephen and Teesside Running Day as they at the time were definatley happening. I might be attending Durham this year however.

Rapidsnap
31 Mar 2017, 9:42 am #29

Unfortuantley I'm not going to be going as I'm at work that day. Not helped by the fact that Easter is later this year which meant there was 3 rallies I want to go to 3 weekends in a row, and unfortunatley could only get time off for 2 of them so picked to go to Kirkby Stephen and Teesside Running Day as they at the time were definatley happening. I might be attending Durham this year however.

31 Mar 2017, 10:50 am #30
(16 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm)BusLoverMum I think it's somewhere around ouseburn, on the q3 route.

Edit: though this places it just off the millennium bridge
https://www.view.co.uk/newcastle/v/spillers-wharf
I suppose somewhere in between would be a safe bet!

Yes - about 200 yards down-river from the Ouseburn exit into the Tyne.

A useful car route to the venue from the North end of the Tyne Bridge is as follows (DO NOT attempt to go down to the Quayside between the Tyne Bridge and the Law Courts -  as the weekly Sunday Market will be in full swing):

*On leaving the bridge, take the 4th exit from the Swan roundabout - signposted Walker.
*This will lead you onto City Road.  Go forward until you pass the Hotel du Vin on your Left.
*Take the next turning on your Right - signposted Ouseburn South - onto Horatio Street.
*At the bottom of the street, turn Left,  and then go forward until you cross the bridge over the Ouseburn.
*After about a further 200yards, turn Right into the large Spiller's Wharf (free) Car Park.
*The Bus/Coach Show will be sited on a large broad area at the down-river end of the car park.

I hope this is helpful.
John Dalton
31 Mar 2017, 10:50 am #30

(16 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm)BusLoverMum I think it's somewhere around ouseburn, on the q3 route.

Edit: though this places it just off the millennium bridge
https://www.view.co.uk/newcastle/v/spillers-wharf
I suppose somewhere in between would be a safe bet!

Yes - about 200 yards down-river from the Ouseburn exit into the Tyne.

A useful car route to the venue from the North end of the Tyne Bridge is as follows (DO NOT attempt to go down to the Quayside between the Tyne Bridge and the Law Courts -  as the weekly Sunday Market will be in full swing):

*On leaving the bridge, take the 4th exit from the Swan roundabout - signposted Walker.
*This will lead you onto City Road.  Go forward until you pass the Hotel du Vin on your Left.
*Take the next turning on your Right - signposted Ouseburn South - onto Horatio Street.
*At the bottom of the street, turn Left,  and then go forward until you cross the bridge over the Ouseburn.
*After about a further 200yards, turn Right into the large Spiller's Wharf (free) Car Park.
*The Bus/Coach Show will be sited on a large broad area at the down-river end of the car park.

I hope this is helpful.

Jimmi

31 Mar 2017, 5:39 pm #31
Does anyone have a address or postcode for where the event is on at as I can't place where exactly the event is on at and I struggle to follow directions, even when typed out.
Jimmi
31 Mar 2017, 5:39 pm #31

Does anyone have a address or postcode for where the event is on at as I can't place where exactly the event is on at and I struggle to follow directions, even when typed out.

Charles41

31 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm #32
(31 Mar 2017, 5:39 pm)Jimmi Does anyone have a address or postcode for where the event is on at as I can't place where exactly the event is on at and I struggle to follow directions, even when typed out.

Postcode NE6 1BU.

Charles
Charles41
31 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm #32

(31 Mar 2017, 5:39 pm)Jimmi Does anyone have a address or postcode for where the event is on at as I can't place where exactly the event is on at and I struggle to follow directions, even when typed out.

Postcode NE6 1BU.

Charles

Adrian

31 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm #33

No postcode, but from Newcastle, you will need to get off the Q3 at this stop. If you then walk straight ahead and over the cross roads, past the Free Trade Inn pub, there are some steps leading down the Quayside just behind it. The destination marker on this map is the head of the steps. You will see buses from there and find your way.

Adrian
31 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm #33

No postcode, but from Newcastle, you will need to get off the Q3 at this stop. If you then walk straight ahead and over the cross roads, past the Free Trade Inn pub, there are some steps leading down the Quayside just behind it. The destination marker on this map is the head of the steps. You will see buses from there and find your way.

Jimmi

31 Mar 2017, 6:43 pm #34
(31 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm)Charles41 Postcode NE6 1BU.

Charles
(31 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm)Adrian No postcode, but from Newcastle, you will need to get off the Q3 at this stop. If you then walk straight ahead and over the cross roads, past the Free Trade Inn pub, there are some steps leading down the Quayside just behind it. The destination marker on this map is the head of the steps. You will see buses from there and find your way.

Thanks, that should help me understand where it is on at (can't view map on the crappy WiFi network I'm connected to atm).
Jimmi
31 Mar 2017, 6:43 pm #34

(31 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm)Charles41 Postcode NE6 1BU.

Charles
(31 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm)Adrian No postcode, but from Newcastle, you will need to get off the Q3 at this stop. If you then walk straight ahead and over the cross roads, past the Free Trade Inn pub, there are some steps leading down the Quayside just behind it. The destination marker on this map is the head of the steps. You will see buses from there and find your way.

Thanks, that should help me understand where it is on at (can't view map on the crappy WiFi network I'm connected to atm).

31 Mar 2017, 6:57 pm #35
There's apparently a Park And Ride from Gateshead Interchange stand D - if that helps anyone.
EL1TE
31 Mar 2017, 6:57 pm #35

There's apparently a Park And Ride from Gateshead Interchange stand D - if that helps anyone.

Malarkey

31 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm #36
Going be a busy weekend for me, Edinburgh on the Saturday followed by this on the Sunday.
Malarkey
31 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm #36

Going be a busy weekend for me, Edinburgh on the Saturday followed by this on the Sunday.

Jimmi

31 Mar 2017, 9:23 pm #37
(31 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm)Malarkey Going be a busy weekend for me, Edinburgh on the Saturday followed by this on the Sunday.
That's not a busy weekend!
I will probably beat that, will be there on the Sunday and then Moorsbus on the Monday, will be up to something on the Saturday but unsure what exactly atm as the original plan has fallen through but I'm bound to be out somewhere.
Jimmi
31 Mar 2017, 9:23 pm #37

(31 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm)Malarkey Going be a busy weekend for me, Edinburgh on the Saturday followed by this on the Sunday.
That's not a busy weekend!
I will probably beat that, will be there on the Sunday and then Moorsbus on the Monday, will be up to something on the Saturday but unsure what exactly atm as the original plan has fallen through but I'm bound to be out somewhere.

BusLoverMum

01 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm #38
(31 Mar 2017, 6:57 pm)EL1TE There's apparently a Park And Ride from Gateshead Interchange stand D - if that helps anyone.

That would beery useful.

I'vepersuaded bigun to sidestep his hatred of arriva on Sundays and go on a gne day ticket. It means careful planning to catch the 59, but less stressful than wondering where the hell the 22 has got to.
BusLoverMum
01 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm #38

(31 Mar 2017, 6:57 pm)EL1TE There's apparently a Park And Ride from Gateshead Interchange stand D - if that helps anyone.

That would beery useful.

I'vepersuaded bigun to sidestep his hatred of arriva on Sundays and go on a gne day ticket. It means careful planning to catch the 59, but less stressful than wondering where the hell the 22 has got to.

Jimmi

04 Apr 2017, 9:32 am #39
Unsure if anyone is aware of this but there is a £2 admission charge for this event.

Info on NEBPT site: http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=624
Jimmi
04 Apr 2017, 9:32 am #39

Unsure if anyone is aware of this but there is a £2 admission charge for this event.

Andreos1

04 Apr 2017, 9:44 am #40
(04 Apr 2017, 9:32 am)Jimmi Unsure if anyone is aware of this but there is a £2 admission charge for this event.

No un-accompanied children either.
Does this mean a whole raft of enthusiasts are going to miss out?
Or, will will there be older men, willing to pal up with someone under the age of 16 for the day?
A veritable safeguarding nightmare!
Edited 04 Apr 2017, 9:45 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Apr 2017, 9:44 am #40

(04 Apr 2017, 9:32 am)Jimmi Unsure if anyone is aware of this but there is a £2 admission charge for this event.

No un-accompanied children either.
Does this mean a whole raft of enthusiasts are going to miss out?
Or, will will there be older men, willing to pal up with someone under the age of 16 for the day?
A veritable safeguarding nightmare!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 35 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average