Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Events (Elsewhere) Kirkby Stephen and Brough Rally 2017

Kirkby Stephen and Brough Rally 2017

Kirkby Stephen and Brough Rally 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
18 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm #21
This and the 500 Group event are normally a bit soon in the year for us (still a lot of salt on the roads) We also have to watch what we spend on fuel. Our season starts on the 30th of April. This said I did receive a invite to next years event. Hopefully we will be a charity by then so unlock the extra funding for fuel and a steam cleaner to wash the salt off when we get back..

Photos look good from the East Station.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
18 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm #21

This and the 500 Group event are normally a bit soon in the year for us (still a lot of salt on the roads) We also have to watch what we spend on fuel. Our season starts on the 30th of April. This said I did receive a invite to next years event. Hopefully we will be a charity by then so unlock the extra funding for fuel and a steam cleaner to wash the salt off when we get back..

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm #22
(18 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm)Craig Smith This and the 500 Group event are normally a bit soon in the year for us (still a lot of salt on the roads) We also have to watch what we spend on fuel. Our season starts on the 30th of April. This said I did receive a invite to next years event. Hopefully we will be a charity by then so unlock the extra funding for fuel and a steam cleaner to wash the salt off when we get back..

Rumour has it those who went across on the Stagecarriage Volvo Olympian even opened the windows and sprinkled a little bit of pepper on the roads for added taste! Though I may be wrong...
Dan
18 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm #22

(18 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm)Craig Smith This and the 500 Group event are normally a bit soon in the year for us (still a lot of salt on the roads) We also have to watch what we spend on fuel. Our season starts on the 30th of April. This said I did receive a invite to next years event. Hopefully we will be a charity by then so unlock the extra funding for fuel and a steam cleaner to wash the salt off when we get back..

Rumour has it those who went across on the Stagecarriage Volvo Olympian even opened the windows and sprinkled a little bit of pepper on the roads for added taste! Though I may be wrong...

Jimmi

18 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm #23
(18 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm)Dan Rumour has it those who went across on the Stagecarriage Volvo Olympian even opened the windows and sprinkled a little bit of pepper on the roads for added taste! Though I may be wrong...

Was there an argument about whether the windows should be open or not?
Jimmi
18 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm #23

(18 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm)Dan Rumour has it those who went across on the Stagecarriage Volvo Olympian even opened the windows and sprinkled a little bit of pepper on the roads for added taste! Though I may be wrong...

Was there an argument about whether the windows should be open or not?

18 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm #24
(16 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm)ifm001 How do you mean lack of information. Programmes were available at just £2.00 and buses literally queuing at both ends waiting for the passengers with minimal waiting at points in between. Also the drivers and Marshalls are happy to answer anything.  What were you uncertain about?

But agree a great day and a shame about the rain. But hey it rained last year too.

My apologies, I did indeed mean the lack of online information for me - such as car parking, where buses run to/from, the different sites etc.
A brief Google search the night before showed some info for the 2015 rally but that was it.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
18 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm #24

(16 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm)ifm001 How do you mean lack of information. Programmes were available at just £2.00 and buses literally queuing at both ends waiting for the passengers with minimal waiting at points in between. Also the drivers and Marshalls are happy to answer anything.  What were you uncertain about?

But agree a great day and a shame about the rain. But hey it rained last year too.

My apologies, I did indeed mean the lack of online information for me - such as car parking, where buses run to/from, the different sites etc.
A brief Google search the night before showed some info for the 2015 rally but that was it.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average