Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Durham Vintage Bus Gathering 2017

Durham Vintage Bus Gathering 2017

Durham Vintage Bus Gathering 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Poll: Attendance roll call: Are you going?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
57.14%
Votes 8
No
42.86%
Votes 6
Undecided
0%
Votes 0

Total 14 vote(s) 100%
Adrian

10 Jun 2017, 10:31 am #1
This one is creeping up on us, and I noticed that we don't have a thread! Smile

The Durham Vintage Bus Gathering will be held on Sunday 18th June 2017, at the Howlands Park and Ride site in Durham. 

Howlands is located a short walk from the New Inn pub, and can be reached by the Arriva North East 6 or Go North East's X21 service. There will also be a shuttle bus service between North Road in Durham and the rally site. The first shuttle leaves at 1000, and will run every 15 minutes thereafter, according to the timetable on the NEBPT website.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Jun 2017, 10:31 am #1

This one is creeping up on us, and I noticed that we don't have a thread! Smile

The Durham Vintage Bus Gathering will be held on Sunday 18th June 2017, at the Howlands Park and Ride site in Durham. 

Howlands is located a short walk from the New Inn pub, and can be reached by the Arriva North East 6 or Go North East's X21 service. There will also be a shuttle bus service between North Road in Durham and the rally site. The first shuttle leaves at 1000, and will run every 15 minutes thereafter, according to the timetable on the NEBPT website.

ENEB

10 Jun 2017, 4:29 pm #2
(10 Jun 2017, 10:31 am)Adrian This one is creeping up on us, and I noticed that we don't have a thread! Smile

Thank you for the info.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
ENEB
10 Jun 2017, 4:29 pm #2

(10 Jun 2017, 10:31 am)Adrian This one is creeping up on us, and I noticed that we don't have a thread! Smile

Thank you for the info.

BusLoverMum

10 Jun 2017, 7:11 pm #3

As it's fairly local to us, we'll almost definitely be there.
BusLoverMum
10 Jun 2017, 7:11 pm #3

As it's fairly local to us, we'll almost definitely be there.

Pulsar

10 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm #4
is there parking at the site or is it best to park in Durham and get X21 or shuttle across?

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
10 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm #4

is there parking at the site or is it best to park in Durham and get X21 or shuttle across?

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Jun 2017, 7:40 pm #5
(10 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm)Pulsar is there parking at the site or is it best to park in Durham and get X21 or shuttle across?

Yes, there is parking on-site.
Dan
10 Jun 2017, 7:40 pm #5

(10 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm)Pulsar is there parking at the site or is it best to park in Durham and get X21 or shuttle across?

Yes, there is parking on-site.

10 Jun 2017, 10:43 pm #6
Preserved ABus DAF SB220GS / Northern Counties Paladin LF ( R891 FNW ) should be set to appear at this rally again depending on whether Maintenance can be finished by then, --
Which is more than 99% Likely as it's only a small job.
Edited 10 Jun 2017, 10:43 pm by South Tyne Lad.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
10 Jun 2017, 10:43 pm #6

Preserved ABus DAF SB220GS / Northern Counties Paladin LF ( R891 FNW ) should be set to appear at this rally again depending on whether Maintenance can be finished by then, --
Which is more than 99% Likely as it's only a small job.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Charles41

11 Jun 2017, 1:59 pm #7
I had a trial drive down to Durham this morning and I have to say the road layout is a nightmare. My favourite has to be the junction with a right turn lane marked on the road but the signage states no right turn. Completely contradictory. If your a new driver like me it's not what you need. I nearly ended up going the wrong way down a one way Street and had to do a quick turn in the road to put it right.

I will be attending next Sunday but if I drive I'll be going via nevilles cross to avoid the city centre.

Charles
Charles41
11 Jun 2017, 1:59 pm #7

I had a trial drive down to Durham this morning and I have to say the road layout is a nightmare. My favourite has to be the junction with a right turn lane marked on the road but the signage states no right turn. Completely contradictory. If your a new driver like me it's not what you need. I nearly ended up going the wrong way down a one way Street and had to do a quick turn in the road to put it right.

I will be attending next Sunday but if I drive I'll be going via nevilles cross to avoid the city centre.

Charles

BusLoverMum

11 Jun 2017, 9:32 pm #8
(11 Jun 2017, 1:59 pm)Charles41 I had a trial drive down to Durham this morning and I have to say the road layout is a nightmare. My favourite has to be the junction with a right turn lane marked on the road  but the signage states no right turn. Completely contradictory. If your a new driver like me it's not what you need. I nearly ended up going the wrong way down a one way Street and had to do a quick turn in the road to put it right.

Charles

Haha! it doesn't help that there is always a random road or three closed, somewhere!

Assuming you're travelling in from the North, via framwellgate moor or otherwise, Neville's cross and the city centre is 6 and two threes to that site, anyhow. We live East of Durham and often travel round via Neville's cross, to the Arnison centre, if we don't fancy our chances with Sherburn road, Leazes road and Milburngate bridge. If we knew the whole city would be gridlocked, we used t head for West Rainton, across the A690 and take the back road around from there, but that's become a lot hairier, in recent years, so we just go to Hartlepool or Bishop instead, if it's M&S food hall we particularly want!

And to think we're seriously contemplating moving right into the madness!
BusLoverMum
11 Jun 2017, 9:32 pm #8

(11 Jun 2017, 1:59 pm)Charles41 I had a trial drive down to Durham this morning and I have to say the road layout is a nightmare. My favourite has to be the junction with a right turn lane marked on the road  but the signage states no right turn. Completely contradictory. If your a new driver like me it's not what you need. I nearly ended up going the wrong way down a one way Street and had to do a quick turn in the road to put it right.

Charles

Haha! it doesn't help that there is always a random road or three closed, somewhere!

Assuming you're travelling in from the North, via framwellgate moor or otherwise, Neville's cross and the city centre is 6 and two threes to that site, anyhow. We live East of Durham and often travel round via Neville's cross, to the Arnison centre, if we don't fancy our chances with Sherburn road, Leazes road and Milburngate bridge. If we knew the whole city would be gridlocked, we used t head for West Rainton, across the A690 and take the back road around from there, but that's become a lot hairier, in recent years, so we just go to Hartlepool or Bishop instead, if it's M&S food hall we particularly want!

And to think we're seriously contemplating moving right into the madness!

14 Jun 2017, 11:31 pm #9
Wonder what will be in attendence by gne
Jordan2104
14 Jun 2017, 11:31 pm #9

Wonder what will be in attendence by gne

ENEB

15 Jun 2017, 8:00 am #10
(14 Jun 2017, 11:31 pm)Jordan2104 Wonder what will be in attendence by gne
I would like to see one of their Metrocentre Mini branded Optare Solos as they are fitted with the more unusual Cummins Engine.
Maybe a Durham Diamond Wright Streetlite as well.
And maybe a Mercedes Benz Citaro.

ENEB
15 Jun 2017, 8:00 am #10

(14 Jun 2017, 11:31 pm)Jordan2104 Wonder what will be in attendence by gne
I would like to see one of their Metrocentre Mini branded Optare Solos as they are fitted with the more unusual Cummins Engine.
Maybe a Durham Diamond Wright Streetlite as well.
And maybe a Mercedes Benz Citaro.

Jimmi

15 Jun 2017, 8:24 am #11
Can someone please send that E200 MMC demonstrator along? Would mean I don't have to faff on attempting to find it on the IndiGo North Tyne routes which would take ages for me to travel up there and it's on service's I have zero clue on the routes they take (can manage 19 but would still be a pain to find).
Jimmi
15 Jun 2017, 8:24 am #11

Can someone please send that E200 MMC demonstrator along? Would mean I don't have to faff on attempting to find it on the IndiGo North Tyne routes which would take ages for me to travel up there and it's on service's I have zero clue on the routes they take (can manage 19 but would still be a pain to find).

Tom

15 Jun 2017, 8:34 am #12
(15 Jun 2017, 8:24 am)Jimmi Can someone please send that E200 MMC demonstrator along?  Would mean I don't have to faff on attempting to find it on the IndiGo North Tyne routes which would take ages for me to travel up there and it's on service's I have zero clue on the routes they take (can manage 19 but would still be a pain to find).

I will let you know if I see it - you will be able to catch it on the 40/41 in Wallsend or Battle Hill Drive, Hadrian Park etc.
Tom
15 Jun 2017, 8:34 am #12

(15 Jun 2017, 8:24 am)Jimmi Can someone please send that E200 MMC demonstrator along?  Would mean I don't have to faff on attempting to find it on the IndiGo North Tyne routes which would take ages for me to travel up there and it's on service's I have zero clue on the routes they take (can manage 19 but would still be a pain to find).

I will let you know if I see it - you will be able to catch it on the 40/41 in Wallsend or Battle Hill Drive, Hadrian Park etc.

ENEB

15 Jun 2017, 8:34 am #13
(15 Jun 2017, 8:24 am)Jimmi Can someone please send that E200 MMC demonstrator along? Would mean I don't have to faff on attempting to find it on the IndiGo North Tyne routes which would take ages for me to travel up there and it's on service's I have zero clue on the routes they take (can manage 19 but would still be a pain to find).
Oh yer I just remembered they got this that would be a good thing to take.

ENEB
15 Jun 2017, 8:34 am #13

(15 Jun 2017, 8:24 am)Jimmi Can someone please send that E200 MMC demonstrator along? Would mean I don't have to faff on attempting to find it on the IndiGo North Tyne routes which would take ages for me to travel up there and it's on service's I have zero clue on the routes they take (can manage 19 but would still be a pain to find).
Oh yer I just remembered they got this that would be a good thing to take.

Jimmi

15 Jun 2017, 9:00 am #14
(15 Jun 2017, 8:34 am)Tom I will let you know if I see it - you will be able to catch it on the 40/41 in Wallsend or Battle Hill Drive, Hadrian Park etc.
Cheers mate. The issue is finding it and getting somewhere nice and in the sun for a photo which sounds easy enough but I have very limited route knowledge of the 40/41 (and 42/42A). Will probably go after it on Monday if I can be bothered.
Jimmi
15 Jun 2017, 9:00 am #14

(15 Jun 2017, 8:34 am)Tom I will let you know if I see it - you will be able to catch it on the 40/41 in Wallsend or Battle Hill Drive, Hadrian Park etc.
Cheers mate. The issue is finding it and getting somewhere nice and in the sun for a photo which sounds easy enough but I have very limited route knowledge of the 40/41 (and 42/42A). Will probably go after it on Monday if I can be bothered.

Malarkey

15 Jun 2017, 12:49 pm #15
(15 Jun 2017, 9:00 am)Jimmi Cheers mate. The issue is finding it and getting somewhere nice and in the sun for a photo which sounds easy enough but I have very limited route knowledge of the 40/41 (and 42/42A). Will probably go after it on Monday if I can be bothered.

Easiest thing to do is stand at Wallsend for approximately an hour and wait for it to turn up, if it's going to Hadrian Park then it does a Anti Clockwise Loop of the estate like the 57 does, so get off at the first stop on the estate and head back on yourself to the main road into the estate and catch it coming back out.
Malarkey
15 Jun 2017, 12:49 pm #15

(15 Jun 2017, 9:00 am)Jimmi Cheers mate. The issue is finding it and getting somewhere nice and in the sun for a photo which sounds easy enough but I have very limited route knowledge of the 40/41 (and 42/42A). Will probably go after it on Monday if I can be bothered.

Easiest thing to do is stand at Wallsend for approximately an hour and wait for it to turn up, if it's going to Hadrian Park then it does a Anti Clockwise Loop of the estate like the 57 does, so get off at the first stop on the estate and head back on yourself to the main road into the estate and catch it coming back out.

15 Jun 2017, 12:59 pm #16
Yep
Maybe Dan can suggest it?
Jordan2104
15 Jun 2017, 12:59 pm #16

Yep
Maybe Dan can suggest it?

17 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm #17
I'm told there's no Arriva attendance this year... health and safety apparently.
omnicity4659
17 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm #17

I'm told there's no Arriva attendance this year... health and safety apparently.

Adrian

17 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm #18
(17 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm)omnicity4659 I'm told there's no Arriva attendance this year... health and safety apparently.

Strange. I am sure I read in the NEBPT magazine that they sponsored the event.

Adrian
17 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm #18

(17 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm)omnicity4659 I'm told there's no Arriva attendance this year... health and safety apparently.

Strange. I am sure I read in the NEBPT magazine that they sponsored the event.

17 Jun 2017, 6:17 pm #19
(17 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm)Adrian Strange. I am sure I read in the NEBPT magazine that they sponsored the event.

The driver who normally takes stuff said that he was told that Arriva weren't attending.  Huh
omnicity4659
17 Jun 2017, 6:17 pm #19

(17 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm)Adrian Strange. I am sure I read in the NEBPT magazine that they sponsored the event.

The driver who normally takes stuff said that he was told that Arriva weren't attending.  Huh

BusLoverMum

17 Jun 2017, 9:11 pm #20
(17 Jun 2017, 6:17 pm)omnicity4659 The driver who normally takes stuff said that he was told that Arriva weren't attending.  Huh

Wasn't that the case with the Quayside event, too? Probably too many people hopping on and off buses and messing on with stuff.

It's not like Belmont have anything new and interesting this year, anyhow. Just a few reshuffles and half a paint jobs.
BusLoverMum
17 Jun 2017, 9:11 pm #20

(17 Jun 2017, 6:17 pm)omnicity4659 The driver who normally takes stuff said that he was told that Arriva weren't attending.  Huh

Wasn't that the case with the Quayside event, too? Probably too many people hopping on and off buses and messing on with stuff.

It's not like Belmont have anything new and interesting this year, anyhow. Just a few reshuffles and half a paint jobs.

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average