2017/18 Football Season

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4) 1 2 3 4 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Jul 2017, 6:49 am #1
Proper football is nearly back.

How will our Teams fare this season

I think Rafa can take Newcastle upwards with a top half finish.

Sunderland will struggle this year like Villa last year.

I can see Hartlepool having a tough time in Conference.

Darlington will finish in the Play-Offs in a division that Salford will totally Dominate with York, Spennymoor will be the dark horses of Conference North and Blyth will just stay up.

Also this season, I am sure the FA and National League System are making promotion mandatory at Step 5, which means whoever wins the Northern League would be forced to take the next step.

Gonna be interesting in non-League with the addition of a couple of new divisions at Step 3 and 4 which will hopefully start to ease the Southern Bias at those steps

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
17 Jul 2017, 6:49 am #1

Proper football is nearly back.

How will our Teams fare this season

I think Rafa can take Newcastle upwards with a top half finish.

Sunderland will struggle this year like Villa last year.

I can see Hartlepool having a tough time in Conference.

Darlington will finish in the Play-Offs in a division that Salford will totally Dominate with York, Spennymoor will be the dark horses of Conference North and Blyth will just stay up.

Also this season, I am sure the FA and National League System are making promotion mandatory at Step 5, which means whoever wins the Northern League would be forced to take the next step.

Gonna be interesting in non-League with the addition of a couple of new divisions at Step 3 and 4 which will hopefully start to ease the Southern Bias at those steps

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm #2
Good start for our local teams..

Newcastle off to a winning start, Sunderland picked up a few points to get going, not sure about 'Boro or Gateshead though...

Darlo are 3 for 3 upto now, beating heavy favouries $alford on the opening da

The biggest laugh for Me is Hartlepool, only 5 years ago we were 5 divisions apart, which the Monkey Murderers loved to remind us of, now we are only a few places behind.

To see Hartlepool do York would be...absolutely f*****g hilarious, especialpy if we leap frog them on the way.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
MrFozz
14 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm #2

Good start for our local teams..

Newcastle off to a winning start, Sunderland picked up a few points to get going, not sure about 'Boro or Gateshead though...

Darlo are 3 for 3 upto now, beating heavy favouries $alford on the opening da

The biggest laugh for Me is Hartlepool, only 5 years ago we were 5 divisions apart, which the Monkey Murderers loved to remind us of, now we are only a few places behind.

To see Hartlepool do York would be...absolutely f*****g hilarious, especialpy if we leap frog them on the way.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

beefcake

14 Aug 2017, 7:08 pm #3
I know its only early days but Hartlepools performance on Saturday was nothing short of abysmal. No need to be hitting the panic button yet, but if perfomances continue like that, it's going to be a long old season
beefcake
14 Aug 2017, 7:08 pm #3

I know its only early days but Hartlepools performance on Saturday was nothing short of abysmal. No need to be hitting the panic button yet, but if perfomances continue like that, it's going to be a long old season

Andreos1

30 Sep 2017, 7:35 pm #4
Gary Mills sacked by York City chairman.

Is Mills the non-league equivalent of Alan Pardew?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Sep 2017, 7:35 pm #4

Gary Mills sacked by York City chairman.

Is Mills the non-league equivalent of Alan Pardew?

Andreos1

04 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm #5
So Gateshead are now after a new boss, after Aspin moved on to Port Vale.

Quite a few well-known names linked with the post.

Wonder what the chances are of Aspin being in the away dugout with Vale at the IS next season?

Andreos1
04 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm #5

So Gateshead are now after a new boss, after Aspin moved on to Port Vale.

Quite a few well-known names linked with the post.

Wonder what the chances are of Aspin being in the away dugout with Vale at the IS next season?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

04 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm #6
Martin Gray went to York about 5 minutes after Gary Mills was fired...

Going by what I read and heard, sounds like Gray may have been tapped up by York...

Will have wait and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
04 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm #6

Martin Gray went to York about 5 minutes after Gary Mills was fired...

Going by what I read and heard, sounds like Gray may have been tapped up by York...

Will have wait and see what happens

05 Oct 2017, 5:21 pm #7
Big game for South Shields in FA cup. Hartlepool at home.
neilwatson
05 Oct 2017, 5:21 pm #7

Big game for South Shields in FA cup. Hartlepool at home.

LeeCalder

12 Oct 2017, 6:45 pm #8
Steve Watson appointed the new Gateshead manager a couple of days ago. Very glad (to say the least) to see Neil Aspin move on.
LeeCalder
12 Oct 2017, 6:45 pm #8

Steve Watson appointed the new Gateshead manager a couple of days ago. Very glad (to say the least) to see Neil Aspin move on.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Oct 2017, 11:13 am #9
One thing about Steve Watson I never tire of watching...

His Flip Throw-In

MrFozz
13 Oct 2017, 11:13 am #9

One thing about Steve Watson I never tire of watching...

His Flip Throw-In

Andreos1

13 Oct 2017, 1:09 pm #10
(13 Oct 2017, 11:13 am)MrFozz One thing about Steve Watson I never tire of watching...

His Flip Throw-In

I remember listening to the game where he first did it (Boro away?) and being astounded. 
Obviously it was all before you could see it online, so we all had wait until it was shown on the news.

Andreos1
13 Oct 2017, 1:09 pm #10

(13 Oct 2017, 11:13 am)MrFozz One thing about Steve Watson I never tire of watching...

His Flip Throw-In

I remember listening to the game where he first did it (Boro away?) and being astounded. 
Obviously it was all before you could see it online, so we all had wait until it was shown on the news.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Oct 2017, 1:54 pm #11
Andreos1 I remember listening to the game where he first did it (Boro away?) and being astounded. 

I remember back in the day following results on teletext and ceefax, if ya werent taking notice and missed it, ya had to wait till it scrolled through all the pages to get back to where you wanted to be

Edited 13 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
13 Oct 2017, 1:54 pm #11

Andreos1 I remember listening to the game where he first did it (Boro away?) and being astounded. 

I remember back in the day following results on teletext and ceefax, if ya werent taking notice and missed it, ya had to wait till it scrolled through all the pages to get back to where you wanted to be

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

01 Nov 2017, 1:07 pm #12
See Grayson has been sacked by Sunderland...

[Image: d12a341655bcb599ded305f420992166.gif]

That club has is unmanageable and the managers job is poison...

Who can take them forward from here, Peter Reid...dont think so, he ain't managed a decent standard since God's dog was a puppy

Go for someone like Harry Redknapp, Big Sam or Gordon Strachan...Hope not...

For me, take the plunge on Kevin Phillips, they pretty have nothing to play for this season, The fans would probably back Phillips, appoint him with an older head as director of football.

The way Sunderland are going, they will sink faster than the Titanic and become the next Leeds/Blackpool/Portsmouth

MrFozz
01 Nov 2017, 1:07 pm #12

See Grayson has been sacked by Sunderland...

[Image: d12a341655bcb599ded305f420992166.gif]

That club has is unmanageable and the managers job is poison...

Who can take them forward from here, Peter Reid...dont think so, he ain't managed a decent standard since God's dog was a puppy

Go for someone like Harry Redknapp, Big Sam or Gordon Strachan...Hope not...

For me, take the plunge on Kevin Phillips, they pretty have nothing to play for this season, The fans would probably back Phillips, appoint him with an older head as director of football.

The way Sunderland are going, they will sink faster than the Titanic and become the next Leeds/Blackpool/Portsmouth

Andreos1

02 Nov 2017, 12:30 pm #13
Sunderland have released a DVD from the season defining match the other night.
Attached Files
.jpg
3208DB05-6F50-4F4E-BAEB-494EE1DC72A4.jpg
Size 185.06 KB / Downloads 16

Andreos1
02 Nov 2017, 12:30 pm #13

Sunderland have released a DVD from the season defining match the other night.

Attached Files
.jpg
3208DB05-6F50-4F4E-BAEB-494EE1DC72A4.jpg
Size 185.06 KB / Downloads 16

Andreos1

17 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm #14
Chris Coleman likely to be named as the next Sunderland manager.

Quite why a manager who was quoted as wanting to manage a Champions League team earlier in the week would want to manage Sunderland...

Either way his stats (which I often base my judgements on for managers), is currently at a win rate of 34%.
This includes his successful spell as Wales manager.

Anyway. Assuming he maintains that success rate over the next 20 games, expect Sunderland to be relegated.

Blackburn went down on 51pts last season. 
I think Sunderland will be lucky to exceed 40, including the circa 20 Coleman should pick up as a minimum.

Andreos1
17 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm #14

Chris Coleman likely to be named as the next Sunderland manager.

Quite why a manager who was quoted as wanting to manage a Champions League team earlier in the week would want to manage Sunderland...

Either way his stats (which I often base my judgements on for managers), is currently at a win rate of 34%.
This includes his successful spell as Wales manager.

Anyway. Assuming he maintains that success rate over the next 20 games, expect Sunderland to be relegated.

Blackburn went down on 51pts last season. 
I think Sunderland will be lucky to exceed 40, including the circa 20 Coleman should pick up as a minimum.

Andreos1

11 Jan 2018, 6:40 pm #15
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42651593

Hartlepool supporters to fight administration gauntlet.

Poor ownership to blame as far as I am concerned.
Never convinced about these new owners at all.

Andreos1
11 Jan 2018, 6:40 pm #15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42651593

Hartlepool supporters to fight administration gauntlet.

Poor ownership to blame as far as I am concerned.
Never convinced about these new owners at all.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Jan 2018, 9:27 pm #16
They are going the same as Darlo did in 2012...

I hope they find a solution soon, even as a Darlo fan, I take no joy in seeing Pools'

Apparantly Jeff Stelling jas been meeting with interested parties interested in the Club.

Personally I think Hartlepool 1908 is on the horizon with the Supporters in Charge, starting in the Northern League like Darlo.

Good thing for Hartlepool is the Council and any phoenix will most likely get the lease allowing a Pools Newco to start at the Vic.

MrFozz
16 Jan 2018, 9:27 pm #16

They are going the same as Darlo did in 2012...

I hope they find a solution soon, even as a Darlo fan, I take no joy in seeing Pools'

Apparantly Jeff Stelling jas been meeting with interested parties interested in the Club.

Personally I think Hartlepool 1908 is on the horizon with the Supporters in Charge, starting in the Northern League like Darlo.

Good thing for Hartlepool is the Council and any phoenix will most likely get the lease allowing a Pools Newco to start at the Vic.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Feb 2018, 3:18 pm #17
Harrison Gone from Hartlepool

Hartlepool United terminate contract of manager Craig Harrison

Interesting timing, 8 months into a 3 year deal, where is the pay off coming from, they dont have a pot to piss in, has Harrison agreed to walk for nothing

MrFozz
21 Feb 2018, 3:18 pm #17

Harrison Gone from Hartlepool

Hartlepool United terminate contract of manager Craig Harrison

Interesting timing, 8 months into a 3 year deal, where is the pay off coming from, they dont have a pot to piss in, has Harrison agreed to walk for nothing

Andreos1

21 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm #18
'Enjoy Burton' they said.

Sweet, sweet delicious irony.

Andreos1
21 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm #18

'Enjoy Burton' they said.

Michael

21 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm #19
(21 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm)Andreos1 'Enjoy Burton' they said.

Finally happened then but honestly i don't care, haven't cared for about 4 seasons.

Hence why this thread has hardly any posts.
Edited 21 Apr 2018, 6:50 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm #19

(21 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm)Andreos1 'Enjoy Burton' they said.

Finally happened then but honestly i don't care, haven't cared for about 4 seasons.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 7:35 am #20
(21 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)Michael Finally happened then but honestly i don't care, haven't cared for about 4 seasons.

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20180422_0001 (2).png
Size 320.89 KB / Downloads 8

Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 7:35 am #20

(21 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)Michael Finally happened then but honestly i don't care, haven't cared for about 4 seasons.

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20180422_0001 (2).png
Size 320.89 KB / Downloads 8

Pages (4) 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average