Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21) Previous 14 5 621 Next
Michael

03 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm #81
(03 Sep 2017, 8:58 pm)OrangeArrow49

To reply, you have to click out of the box, not in.

If you don't click out of it, it just looks like you are adding on to the previous post and people won't know your reply.

Example attached
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20170903-220821.png
Size 129.32 KB / Downloads 21

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm #81

(03 Sep 2017, 8:58 pm)OrangeArrow49

To reply, you have to click out of the box, not in.

If you don't click out of it, it just looks like you are adding on to the previous post and people won't know your reply.

Example attached

Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20170903-220821.png
Size 129.32 KB / Downloads 21

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Ambassador

03 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm #82
(03 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm)JP6004 I think the Angel wll be prioritised over the CC as like the Ten; dont have a full standarised allocation......yet

Be interesting to see how many they'd order for the 21, indeed if it would even stay as Angel. The use of Castles Express on Sundays means they can now fully concentrate on needed capacity vs express service table gimmicks if they order new. No idea what I'd order for it. Heavy loads, stop start, high intensity work. Tough one to cater for and track record proves GNE have nevr got it quite right, disastrously wrong on occasion.

A weird brand is the Angel. Nice looking and fits well over its 3 incarnations (temporary red, inexplicable pink and now bus grant green) but never really taken on by its passengers in the way Red Arrows or even Fab 56 has. Even on their own Facebook and twitter replies they call it the 21, they barely use the Angel brand. I like the idea of bringing back 'the twenty one' brand.
Edited 03 Sep 2017, 10:33 pm by Ambassador.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
03 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm #82

(03 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm)JP6004 I think the Angel wll be prioritised over the CC as like the Ten; dont have a full standarised allocation......yet

Be interesting to see how many they'd order for the 21, indeed if it would even stay as Angel. The use of Castles Express on Sundays means they can now fully concentrate on needed capacity vs express service table gimmicks if they order new. No idea what I'd order for it. Heavy loads, stop start, high intensity work. Tough one to cater for and track record proves GNE have nevr got it quite right, disastrously wrong on occasion.

A weird brand is the Angel. Nice looking and fits well over its 3 incarnations (temporary red, inexplicable pink and now bus grant green) but never really taken on by its passengers in the way Red Arrows or even Fab 56 has. Even on their own Facebook and twitter replies they call it the 21, they barely use the Angel brand. I like the idea of bringing back 'the twenty one' brand.

03 Sep 2017, 10:56 pm #83
(03 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm)Michael To reply, you have to click out of the box, not in.

Example attached

Apologies for that. 

Thank you for your help.
OrangeArrow49
03 Sep 2017, 10:56 pm #83

(03 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm)Michael To reply, you have to click out of the box, not in.

Example attached

Apologies for that. 

Thank you for your help.

JP6004

03 Sep 2017, 11:09 pm #84
(03 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm)Ambassador Be interesting to see how many they'd order for the 21, indeed if it would even stay as Angel. The use of Castles Express on Sundays means they can now fully concentrate on needed capacity vs express service table gimmicks if they order new. No idea what I'd order for it. Heavy loads, stop start, high intensity work. Tough one to cater for and track record proves GNE have nevr got it quite right, disastrously wrong on occasion.

I dont understand how tables are gimmicks....should northerns new trains be table free?

Anyway the B5s (well certainly the X10 examples) have a higher capacity with tables (77) than the B9s (71) nevermind the reduced capacity on the hybrids (66)
JP6004
03 Sep 2017, 11:09 pm #84

(03 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm)Ambassador Be interesting to see how many they'd order for the 21, indeed if it would even stay as Angel. The use of Castles Express on Sundays means they can now fully concentrate on needed capacity vs express service table gimmicks if they order new. No idea what I'd order for it. Heavy loads, stop start, high intensity work. Tough one to cater for and track record proves GNE have nevr got it quite right, disastrously wrong on occasion.

I dont understand how tables are gimmicks....should northerns new trains be table free?

Anyway the B5s (well certainly the X10 examples) have a higher capacity with tables (77) than the B9s (71) nevermind the reduced capacity on the hybrids (66)

Ambassador

04 Sep 2017, 10:40 am #85
(03 Sep 2017, 11:09 pm)JP6004 I dont understand how tables are gimmicks....should northerns new trains be table free?

Trains are entirely different to buses in that they tend to be more used by business workers.  Expectations are they have workspaces and wifi.

You're unlikely to find a businessman sitting working on his laptop on the 15 minute run from low fell to Newcastle. Potentially on longer runs you'd see it but doubtful on the 21. 

Capacity is king and anything that adds more seating should win out on a stopping service which should be treated differently to an X21 X10 style service . Hope that makes sense

Ambassador
04 Sep 2017, 10:40 am #85

(03 Sep 2017, 11:09 pm)JP6004 I dont understand how tables are gimmicks....should northerns new trains be table free?

Trains are entirely different to buses in that they tend to be more used by business workers.  Expectations are they have workspaces and wifi.

You're unlikely to find a businessman sitting working on his laptop on the 15 minute run from low fell to Newcastle. Potentially on longer runs you'd see it but doubtful on the 21. 

Capacity is king and anything that adds more seating should win out on a stopping service which should be treated differently to an X21 X10 style service . Hope that makes sense

04 Sep 2017, 4:46 pm #86
Anyone help on Arriva/GNE past operation for Nexus 32/32A? I am not sure where to ask this, but interested to know when it has previously switched operators as I hadn't noticed other than when it changed from Arriva to GNE in April. Please move this if needed, perhaps to past operations of Arrive/GNE, I am not sure as it covers two operators. Did Phoenix ever run it?

Thank you.
OrangeArrow49
04 Sep 2017, 4:46 pm #86

Anyone help on Arriva/GNE past operation for Nexus 32/32A? I am not sure where to ask this, but interested to know when it has previously switched operators as I hadn't noticed other than when it changed from Arriva to GNE in April. Please move this if needed, perhaps to past operations of Arrive/GNE, I am not sure as it covers two operators. Did Phoenix ever run it?

Thank you.

Andreos1

04 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm #87
(04 Sep 2017, 10:40 am)Ambassador Trains are entirely different to buses in that they tend to be more used by business workers.  Expectations are they have workspaces and wifi.

Totally agree with the first two points.

As for the last point - as long as there is sufficient leg room!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm #87

(04 Sep 2017, 10:40 am)Ambassador Trains are entirely different to buses in that they tend to be more used by business workers.  Expectations are they have workspaces and wifi.

Totally agree with the first two points.

04 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm #88
(04 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm)Andreos1 Totally agree with the first two points.

GNE has more leg room than Stagecoach in my experience. Definitely needs to be a sensible balance when it comes to seating capacity and leg room.
Edited 04 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm by OrangeArrow49.
OrangeArrow49
04 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm #88

(04 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm)Andreos1 Totally agree with the first two points.

GNE has more leg room than Stagecoach in my experience. Definitely needs to be a sensible balance when it comes to seating capacity and leg room.

big mac

04 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm #89
When will the new buses be out on the X9/X10?
big mac
04 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm #89

When will the new buses be out on the X9/X10?

S813 FVK

04 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm #90
(04 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm)big mac When will the new buses be out on the X9/X10?

11th September.
S813 FVK
04 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm #90

(04 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm)big mac When will the new buses be out on the X9/X10?

11th September.

L469 YVK

04 Sep 2017, 6:14 pm #91

If the Angel got new buses (presumably Streetdecks / B5TLs) but with no power sockets, would GNE be better off by:

- Ordering 2x spares

Or

- Ordering 4x for the Red Kite (to the same spec as Streetlites) and sending 6118-21 to Chester Le Street / Crook as spares

How much extra BSOG payments would GNE get for the decker boards on the Red Kite plus any Sunday decker work from Stanley that are normally allocated Omnidekkas or B9TLs?
Edited 04 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
04 Sep 2017, 6:14 pm #91

If the Angel got new buses (presumably Streetdecks / B5TLs) but with no power sockets, would GNE be better off by:

- Ordering 2x spares

Or

- Ordering 4x for the Red Kite (to the same spec as Streetlites) and sending 6118-21 to Chester Le Street / Crook as spares

How much extra BSOG payments would GNE get for the decker boards on the Red Kite plus any Sunday decker work from Stanley that are normally allocated Omnidekkas or B9TLs?

JP6004

04 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm #92

A lot of people who use the 21 do work you know  Tongue

However, regardless of that, I think tables are good idea particularly when you take the length of the journey into consideration. To me I think you feel more relaxed if your sitting a table for a longer journey....greater viewing angle not disrupted by seat in front, place to eat your sandwich and pop, easier to communicate to the people your travelling with etc

Does everyone here that gets the train not always go for the seat with a table? Even if its only a short journey?
JP6004
04 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm #92

A lot of people who use the 21 do work you know  Tongue

However, regardless of that, I think tables are good idea particularly when you take the length of the journey into consideration. To me I think you feel more relaxed if your sitting a table for a longer journey....greater viewing angle not disrupted by seat in front, place to eat your sandwich and pop, easier to communicate to the people your travelling with etc

Does everyone here that gets the train not always go for the seat with a table? Even if its only a short journey?

04 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm #93
(04 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm)JP6004 A lot of people who use the 21 do work you know  Tongue

No, on a train I always go for a facing direction of travel, "airline" type seat with a window I can see out of - then there's only one strange, possibly smelly person who I might have to sit near instead of three - and I won't have to compete for footspace with the person opposite. I'd only go for a table if I was travelling with two or three others.
Greg in Weardale
04 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm #93

(04 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm)JP6004 A lot of people who use the 21 do work you know  Tongue

No, on a train I always go for a facing direction of travel, "airline" type seat with a window I can see out of - then there's only one strange, possibly smelly person who I might have to sit near instead of three - and I won't have to compete for footspace with the person opposite. I'd only go for a table if I was travelling with two or three others.

big mac

04 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm #94
The one problem with the tables is when a passenger travelling alone with no laptop etc sits at them when there are other seats available, and then a party of three or four get on and can't sit there because of that. Of course people are entitled to sit where they like, but it does raise a bit of an issue of etiquette.

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
big mac
04 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm #94

The one problem with the tables is when a passenger travelling alone with no laptop etc sits at them when there are other seats available, and then a party of three or four get on and can't sit there because of that. Of course people are entitled to sit where they like, but it does raise a bit of an issue of etiquette.

Jimmi

04 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm #95
(04 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm)big mac The one problem with the tables is when a passenger travelling alone with no laptop etc sits at them when there are other seats available, and then a party of three or four get on and can't sit there because of that.  Of course people are entitled to sit where they like, but it does raise a bit of an issue of etiquette.

A fair number of X21 journeys I've made have had some ignoramus sat at a table, outside seat with feet on the opposite facing seat, which leaves two options in a situation where the service starts to get busy: 1. Tell the person to move or 2. Sit next to someone in a set of two seats which sure enough is the situation that I always end up in on the X21, whether it's me who has to do it due to social anxiety or I'm the one they sit next to. BTW, I nearly always avoid table seats on buses and trains as space as often terrible when someone inevitably joins you and then wants all the space (I only do it when loadings are very light).

But other people do often seem to favour the table seats on the train and the X21.
Jimmi
04 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm #95

(04 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm)big mac The one problem with the tables is when a passenger travelling alone with no laptop etc sits at them when there are other seats available, and then a party of three or four get on and can't sit there because of that.  Of course people are entitled to sit where they like, but it does raise a bit of an issue of etiquette.

A fair number of X21 journeys I've made have had some ignoramus sat at a table, outside seat with feet on the opposite facing seat, which leaves two options in a situation where the service starts to get busy: 1. Tell the person to move or 2. Sit next to someone in a set of two seats which sure enough is the situation that I always end up in on the X21, whether it's me who has to do it due to social anxiety or I'm the one they sit next to. BTW, I nearly always avoid table seats on buses and trains as space as often terrible when someone inevitably joins you and then wants all the space (I only do it when loadings are very light).

But other people do often seem to favour the table seats on the train and the X21.

BusLoverMum

04 Sep 2017, 9:56 pm #96
The tables are great until some filthy pig leaves half their breakfast smeared all over it, so it remains there for the rest of the day. Had that with a streetdeck, the other day - knew I'd got the same bus in both directions not by the number, but by the thick glob of something that looked like caramel smeared on one of the tables.
BusLoverMum
04 Sep 2017, 9:56 pm #96

The tables are great until some filthy pig leaves half their breakfast smeared all over it, so it remains there for the rest of the day. Had that with a streetdeck, the other day - knew I'd got the same bus in both directions not by the number, but by the thick glob of something that looked like caramel smeared on one of the tables.

Andreos1

04 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm #97
(04 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 GNE has more leg room than Stagecoach in my experience. Definitely needs to be a sensible balance when it comes to seating capacity and leg room.

GNE have had a fair share of 'squished seats'. The seats on the upper deck of the Loylnes were terrible.

Lynxes had a few awkward seats and I seem to remember the seat above the wheel-arch of the Nationals being horrendous.

Andreos1
04 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm #97

(04 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 GNE has more leg room than Stagecoach in my experience. Definitely needs to be a sensible balance when it comes to seating capacity and leg room.

GNE have had a fair share of 'squished seats'. The seats on the upper deck of the Loylnes were terrible.

Lynxes had a few awkward seats and I seem to remember the seat above the wheel-arch of the Nationals being horrendous.

S830OFT

04 Sep 2017, 11:29 pm #98
With the Volvo B7TL/East Lancs Vykings going into special events fleet will they still be able to see service?

S830OFT
04 Sep 2017, 11:29 pm #98

With the Volvo B7TL/East Lancs Vykings going into special events fleet will they still be able to see service?

cbma06

05 Sep 2017, 11:19 am #99
One of the new buses for X9/X10 was out on route learning this morning , seen at 10:10 at A19 peterlee roundabout heading north bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
05 Sep 2017, 11:19 am #99

One of the new buses for X9/X10 was out on route learning this morning , seen at 10:10 at A19 peterlee roundabout heading north bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S830OFT

05 Sep 2017, 11:22 am #100
Indigo Peterlee 663 is on Coast Road next to Jesmond Depot. Anyone know why it's over in Newcastle?

S830OFT
05 Sep 2017, 11:22 am #100

Indigo Peterlee 663 is on Coast Road next to Jesmond Depot. Anyone know why it's over in Newcastle?

Pages (21) Previous 14 5 621 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average