Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch

Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch

Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Andreos1

05 Dec 2017, 7:42 am #21
(05 Dec 2017, 5:38 am)Dan Don't suppose you've got access to a scanner, Andreos? Really good to include them.

What you will see when all of the content is uploaded again is that this time around we're future-proofing the archive. Adding content now, while it's current, for the future when it may become something people want to see.

Bit like the news. All of the current news is immediately archived and we just build up a massive database of records.

Allows us to cater for everyone too. You may have a specific interest in content around the 1980s, whereas a younger enthusiast on the scene may only be interested in things that they can remember (so say 2010 onwards).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, will try and get them scanned. If not today, at some point this week

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Dec 2017, 7:42 am #21

(05 Dec 2017, 5:38 am)Dan Don't suppose you've got access to a scanner, Andreos? Really good to include them.

What you will see when all of the content is uploaded again is that this time around we're future-proofing the archive. Adding content now, while it's current, for the future when it may become something people want to see.

Bit like the news. All of the current news is immediately archived and we just build up a massive database of records.

Allows us to cater for everyone too. You may have a specific interest in content around the 1980s, whereas a younger enthusiast on the scene may only be interested in things that they can remember (so say 2010 onwards).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, will try and get them scanned. If not today, at some point this week

Andreos1

26 Feb 2018, 7:50 pm #22
(05 Dec 2017, 7:42 am)Andreos1 Yeah, will try and get them scanned. If not today, at some point this week

I didn't quite make the self-imposed deadline of early December.
Tried a few times, but scans didnt look right. Forgot about it since.
Will keep trying (if I remember).

It was this tweet which reminded me.
https://twitter.com/cookster1969/status/...5011612674

Love that second photo.

Andreos1
26 Feb 2018, 7:50 pm #22

(05 Dec 2017, 7:42 am)Andreos1 Yeah, will try and get them scanned. If not today, at some point this week

I didn't quite make the self-imposed deadline of early December.
Tried a few times, but scans didnt look right. Forgot about it since.
Will keep trying (if I remember).

It was this tweet which reminded me.
https://twitter.com/cookster1969/status/...5011612674

Love that second photo.

Michael

04 Jul 2018, 9:45 pm #23
Any chance more Stagecoach/Busways stuff can be uploaded... lack of it compared to Gk North East...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jul 2018, 9:45 pm #23

Any chance more Stagecoach/Busways stuff can be uploaded... lack of it compared to Gk North East...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

26 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm #24
Noticed that there is now an option for other users to upload their own content on the Bygone Era section.

Before I go uploading the things that I have, is this feature fully functioning and ready to be used? With it not being formally announced yet I thought it'd be best to double-check.
S813 FVK
26 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm #24

Noticed that there is now an option for other users to upload their own content on the Bygone Era section.

Before I go uploading the things that I have, is this feature fully functioning and ready to be used? With it not being formally announced yet I thought it'd be best to double-check.

Liam

26 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm #25
(26 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm)S813 FVK Noticed that there is now an option for other users to upload their own content on the Bygone Era section.

It can be used, yes. Amendments will be made to the form styling and functionality, but anything you submit today will be added.
Liam
26 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm #25

(26 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm)S813 FVK Noticed that there is now an option for other users to upload their own content on the Bygone Era section.

It can be used, yes. Amendments will be made to the form styling and functionality, but anything you submit today will be added.

S813 FVK

26 Jan 2019, 8:48 pm #26
(26 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm)Liam It can be used, yes. Amendments will be made to the form styling and functionality, but anything you submit today will be added.

That's great, thank you.

I've had a go at uploading 3 files tonight, but didn't get any clear notification that they had uploaded successfully. Presumably, if they did upload, they will be at the 'admin acceptance' stage as per submitting our own fleet news items so I'll wait and see what the outcome of that is before attempting to upload any more.
S813 FVK
26 Jan 2019, 8:48 pm #26

(26 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm)Liam It can be used, yes. Amendments will be made to the form styling and functionality, but anything you submit today will be added.

That's great, thank you.

I've had a go at uploading 3 files tonight, but didn't get any clear notification that they had uploaded successfully. Presumably, if they did upload, they will be at the 'admin acceptance' stage as per submitting our own fleet news items so I'll wait and see what the outcome of that is before attempting to upload any more.

Liam

27 Jan 2019, 10:41 am #27
(26 Jan 2019, 8:48 pm)S813 FVK That's great, thank you.

Try uploading these again. They should display here instantly after uploading, no approval required at present. We'll look to implement this based on abuse of the feature, as per news submissions.
Liam
27 Jan 2019, 10:41 am #27

(26 Jan 2019, 8:48 pm)S813 FVK That's great, thank you.

Try uploading these again. They should display here instantly after uploading, no approval required at present. We'll look to implement this based on abuse of the feature, as per news submissions.

S813 FVK

27 Jan 2019, 3:50 pm #28
(27 Jan 2019, 10:41 am)Liam Try uploading these again. They should display here instantly after uploading, no approval required at present. We'll look to implement this based on abuse of the feature, as per news submissions.

Thank you again. It is now functioning and got a small number of files uploaded.

Hasn't taken me long to be a bit of a nuisance. When uploading the faretable for service 927, I forgot to change the category so is currently under the 'timetable' category. Apologies for this.
Edited 27 Jan 2019, 4:24 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
27 Jan 2019, 3:50 pm #28

(27 Jan 2019, 10:41 am)Liam Try uploading these again. They should display here instantly after uploading, no approval required at present. We'll look to implement this based on abuse of the feature, as per news submissions.

Thank you again. It is now functioning and got a small number of files uploaded.

Hasn't taken me long to be a bit of a nuisance. When uploading the faretable for service 927, I forgot to change the category so is currently under the 'timetable' category. Apologies for this.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2019, 6:59 pm #29
(27 Jan 2019, 3:50 pm)S813 FVK Thank you again. It is now functioning and got a small number of files uploaded.

Thanks for your contributions thus far! I've amended the category for that 927 faretable.

Small reminder just to double-check the date and operator before you hit submit though - I've gone through and amended the ones that had today's date on.  Wink
Dan
27 Jan 2019, 6:59 pm #29

(27 Jan 2019, 3:50 pm)S813 FVK Thank you again. It is now functioning and got a small number of files uploaded.

Thanks for your contributions thus far! I've amended the category for that 927 faretable.

Small reminder just to double-check the date and operator before you hit submit though - I've gone through and amended the ones that had today's date on.  Wink

S813 FVK

27 Jan 2019, 7:08 pm #30
(27 Jan 2019, 6:59 pm)Dan Thanks for your contributions thus far! I've amended the category for that 927 faretable.

No problem - thank you for the amendment!

Apologies for the dates being wrong if it was me. For me at least, the date selection only overrides todays date if you click the 'tick' which is a bit of a pain, so the chances are I've set the date, just clicked away and the date has reverted back to today. Will still double check regardless.
S813 FVK
27 Jan 2019, 7:08 pm #30

(27 Jan 2019, 6:59 pm)Dan Thanks for your contributions thus far! I've amended the category for that 927 faretable.

No problem - thank you for the amendment!

Apologies for the dates being wrong if it was me. For me at least, the date selection only overrides todays date if you click the 'tick' which is a bit of a pain, so the chances are I've set the date, just clicked away and the date has reverted back to today. Will still double check regardless.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Feb 2019, 10:46 am #31
Big thanks to those uploading documents to our re-launched Bygone Era section. We've now got over 3000 files available to view - really good going!
Dan
24 Feb 2019, 10:46 am #31

Big thanks to those uploading documents to our re-launched Bygone Era section. We've now got over 3000 files available to view - really good going!

Malarkey

16 Jun 2019, 5:21 pm #32
<p>

<!--StartFragment-->Just done a massive bulk upload of GNE photos from the last few years if you guys want to use any of them for the Bygone Era -&nbsp;<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/?">https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/?</a><!--EndFragment-->

<br></p>
Malarkey
16 Jun 2019, 5:21 pm #32

<p>

<!--StartFragment-->Just done a massive bulk upload of GNE photos from the last few years if you guys want to use any of them for the Bygone Era -&nbsp;<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/?">https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/?</a><!--EndFragment-->

<br></p>

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average