Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (13): Previous 13 4 513 Next
06 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm #61
(06 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm)Ianthegoon Does the passenger not count as a "Rare and Odd Working"?  Wink

Nice one
Northern4555
06 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm #61

(06 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm)Ianthegoon Does the passenger not count as a "Rare and Odd Working"?  Wink

Nice one

BusLoverMum

06 Feb 2018, 5:01 pm #62

It's probably the one who used to catch the 216.
BusLoverMum
06 Feb 2018, 5:01 pm #62

It's probably the one who used to catch the 216.

Michael

06 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm #63
4937 should be withdrawn soon, the road at Hylton Retail Park is opening again from tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Road should be open from 3pm today

Never been so happy to see a road reopen haha
Edited 07 Feb 2018, 7:27 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm #63

4937 should be withdrawn soon, the road at Hylton Retail Park is opening again from tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Road should be open from 3pm today

Never been so happy to see a road reopen haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm #64
(03 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm)Wybus All ex-South Tyne Versas back in service

8294 and 8301 transferred to Chester-le-Street following repaint yesterday.

8296 and 8297 have taken their place at Saltmeadows Rd for repaint, while 8298 and 8300 remain withdrawn at Riverside.
8299 has been temporarily reinstated at Peterlee Depot, in full South Tyne branding, due to a high VOR at Peterlee.
Dan
07 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm #64

(03 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm)Wybus All ex-South Tyne Versas back in service

8294 and 8301 transferred to Chester-le-Street following repaint yesterday.

8296 and 8297 have taken their place at Saltmeadows Rd for repaint, while 8298 and 8300 remain withdrawn at Riverside.
8299 has been temporarily reinstated at Peterlee Depot, in full South Tyne branding, due to a high VOR at Peterlee.

Michael

07 Feb 2018, 6:22 pm #65
(07 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm)Dan 8294 and 8301 transferred to Chester-le-Street following repaint yesterday.

I'm surprised that 8294 hasn't gone to Crook so it would be numerically order.

Edit: Just noticed when 3974/75 and 4937 leave Deptford, all the buses allocated there, will be Euro 5 and 6.
Edited 07 Feb 2018, 6:55 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Feb 2018, 6:22 pm #65

(07 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm)Dan 8294 and 8301 transferred to Chester-le-Street following repaint yesterday.

I'm surprised that 8294 hasn't gone to Crook so it would be numerically order.

Edit: Just noticed when 3974/75 and 4937 leave Deptford, all the buses allocated there, will be Euro 5 and 6.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

08 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm #66
Mysterious goings on with Chester's blue Versa's! I havent long seen a blue Versa heading north on the A1 at Washington services. It was blinded up for Castletown 36, but was obviously not on route.

Picking up a works service perhaps? Dunno.

Anyway, the shenanigans continued with 8322 parked up in Fencehouses (on a Castletown run) but showing NIS, hazards on, driver and passengers chatting by the side of the road. Strange considering the weather/time of day.
Not sure whether it was expired* or not.

Just when Versa's and displays are being mentioned. I saw the loaned Versa showing the 'facebook' display last night. Not keen.
It may just be the bulbs not translating colours correctly, but Not in Service may be more appropriate. Particularly when it was driving along Prince Consort Road and passengers often see Versa's operating along there in service.

(*insert another descriptive word that applies).
Edited 08 Feb 2018, 4:39 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm #66

Mysterious goings on with Chester's blue Versa's! I havent long seen a blue Versa heading north on the A1 at Washington services. It was blinded up for Castletown 36, but was obviously not on route.

Anyway, the shenanigans continued with 8322 parked up in Fencehouses (on a Castletown run) but showing NIS, hazards on, driver and passengers chatting by the side of the road. Strange considering the weather/time of day.

Just when Versa's and displays are being mentioned. I saw the loaned Versa showing the 'facebook' display last night. Not keen.
It may just be the bulbs not translating colours correctly, but Not in Service may be more appropriate. Particularly when it was driving along Prince Consort Road and passengers often see Versa's operating along there in service.

Michael

08 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm #67
(08 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm)Andreos1 Mysterious goings on with Chester's blue Versa's! I havent long seen a blue Versa heading north on the A1 at Washington services. It was blinded up for Castletown 36, but was obviously not on route.

The current live tracking for the 36 from my stop at Hylton Retail Park.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180208-172355.png
Size: 197.61 KB / Downloads: 29

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm #67

(08 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm)Andreos1 Mysterious goings on with Chester's blue Versa's! I havent long seen a blue Versa heading north on the A1 at Washington services. It was blinded up for Castletown 36, but was obviously not on route.

The current live tracking for the 36 from my stop at Hylton Retail Park.

Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180208-172355.png
Size: 197.61 KB / Downloads: 29

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

08 Feb 2018, 6:16 pm #68
5235 and 5442 had a coming together at Stanley this afternoon
Attached Files
.jpg
5235, 5442 Stanley 08.02.2018.JPG
Size: 25.34 KB / Downloads: 22
Coppercap40
08 Feb 2018, 6:16 pm #68

5235 and 5442 had a coming together at Stanley this afternoon

Attached Files
.jpg
5235, 5442 Stanley 08.02.2018.JPG
Size: 25.34 KB / Downloads: 22

ne14ne1

08 Feb 2018, 6:24 pm #69
Couple of questions...

On the Fab56 I was on this morning I noticed on approach to the last stop it said the usual "Next stop, New Bridge St" but also added "where this bus terminates". I really approve of this and have noticed it on other services but not the Fab56 before. Is this a recent tweak or have I just never noticed it on Fab56s?

On the way home on an Angel21 this afternoon the NSAs were announcing the bus stops we'd just left as the next stop. It did this as we left Newgate St Wilkinsons, & High Level Bridge North.
A week or two ago I noticed a Citylink57 making announcements much later on than usual. (The next stop was being announced as we were pulling up at it).
How does this delay develop sometimes? I could understand if its a drop in signal at a certain point/time, but to then carry on with the following announcements being delayed too seems odd - I'd have thought it'd catch up after the next stop?
Edited 08 Feb 2018, 6:25 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
08 Feb 2018, 6:24 pm #69

Couple of questions...

On the Fab56 I was on this morning I noticed on approach to the last stop it said the usual "Next stop, New Bridge St" but also added "where this bus terminates". I really approve of this and have noticed it on other services but not the Fab56 before. Is this a recent tweak or have I just never noticed it on Fab56s?

On the way home on an Angel21 this afternoon the NSAs were announcing the bus stops we'd just left as the next stop. It did this as we left Newgate St Wilkinsons, & High Level Bridge North.
A week or two ago I noticed a Citylink57 making announcements much later on than usual. (The next stop was being announced as we were pulling up at it).
How does this delay develop sometimes? I could understand if its a drop in signal at a certain point/time, but to then carry on with the following announcements being delayed too seems odd - I'd have thought it'd catch up after the next stop?

LeeCalder

08 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm #70

I would assume that was 8323 you saw on the A1, which operated the 1630 28A from Gateshead
Edited 08 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm by LeeCalder.
LeeCalder
08 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm #70

I would assume that was 8323 you saw on the A1, which operated the 1630 28A from Gateshead

Andreos1

08 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm #71
(08 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm)Michael The current live tracking for the 36 from my stop at Hylton Retail Park.

I'm not familiar with the app unfortunately. Is it saying one is approx 45 mins late and there's another a few mins behind it?

(08 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm)LeeCalder I would assume that was 8323 you saw on the A1, which operated the 1630 28A from Gateshead

Quite possibly that one. It's lane positioning at the services indicated it was staying on the A1, rather than taking the A194.
I was heading in the opposite direction at the time.

Andreos1
08 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm #71

(08 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm)Michael The current live tracking for the 36 from my stop at Hylton Retail Park.

I'm not familiar with the app unfortunately. Is it saying one is approx 45 mins late and there's another a few mins behind it?

(08 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm)LeeCalder I would assume that was 8323 you saw on the A1, which operated the 1630 28A from Gateshead

Quite possibly that one. It's lane positioning at the services indicated it was staying on the A1, rather than taking the A194.
I was heading in the opposite direction at the time.

Michael

08 Feb 2018, 8:26 pm #72
(08 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm)Andreos1 I'm not familiar with the app unfortunately. Is it saying one is approx 45 mins late and there's another a few mins behind it?

Ye, so 2 running together.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Feb 2018, 8:26 pm #72

(08 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm)Andreos1 I'm not familiar with the app unfortunately. Is it saying one is approx 45 mins late and there's another a few mins behind it?

Ye, so 2 running together.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

08 Feb 2018, 8:35 pm #73
(08 Feb 2018, 8:26 pm)Michael Ye, so 2 running together.

Think I worded the post badly.

One 30mins late and another just behind it? Not that it makes it much better like Wink

Any idea what was operating them? One branded vehicle on the 28A. Another possibly still stranded in Fencehouses...

Andreos1
08 Feb 2018, 8:35 pm #73

Think I worded the post badly.

One 30mins late and another just behind it? Not that it makes it much better like Wink

Any idea what was operating them? One branded vehicle on the 28A. Another possibly still stranded in Fencehouses...

08 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm #74
Completely off-topic, but does anyone know how reliable the Tynedale Links 74 is to and from Eldon Square? I believe the service is still operated by Optare Solo buses? I have only been on the 74 once, it was a bit late and the driver couldn't find the Network 1 Day Rover option. I don't know why it only runs 4 times a day?

I am considering using it more regularly but I am not sure.

Thank you.
OrangeArrow49
08 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm #74

Completely off-topic, but does anyone know how reliable the Tynedale Links 74 is to and from Eldon Square? I believe the service is still operated by Optare Solo buses? I have only been on the 74 once, it was a bit late and the driver couldn't find the Network 1 Day Rover option. I don't know why it only runs 4 times a day?

Thank you.

xpm

08 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm #75
(08 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm)OrangeArrow49 Completely off-topic, but does anyone know how reliable the Tynedale Links 74 is to and from Eldon Square? I believe the service is still operated by Optare Solo buses? I have only been on the 74 once, it was a bit late and the driver couldn't find the Network 1 Day Rover option. I don't know why it only runs 4 times a day?

Thank you.

Like any other route the service is susceptible to breakdowns and weather issues, although these are fairly rare on the whole.  The service can be delayed at time with traffic or accidents around the Cowgate and RVI hospital area, moreso in peak time.  It is normally allocated a Solo, but can occasionally have a Dart or rarely a full size saloon.

This is a council contracted/subsidised service and the timetable reflects this - the round trip from Hexham to Newcastle taking in all the villages in-between is roughly a 3 hour round trip.

A Day Rover would only be valid on a relatively short part of the route from Newcastle to Callerton Bridge, you would need an Explorer or the appropriate Ticket/Buzzfare Zones for destinations further than that.
xpm
08 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm #75

(08 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm)OrangeArrow49 Completely off-topic, but does anyone know how reliable the Tynedale Links 74 is to and from Eldon Square? I believe the service is still operated by Optare Solo buses? I have only been on the 74 once, it was a bit late and the driver couldn't find the Network 1 Day Rover option. I don't know why it only runs 4 times a day?

Thank you.

Like any other route the service is susceptible to breakdowns and weather issues, although these are fairly rare on the whole.  The service can be delayed at time with traffic or accidents around the Cowgate and RVI hospital area, moreso in peak time.  It is normally allocated a Solo, but can occasionally have a Dart or rarely a full size saloon.

This is a council contracted/subsidised service and the timetable reflects this - the round trip from Hexham to Newcastle taking in all the villages in-between is roughly a 3 hour round trip.

A Day Rover would only be valid on a relatively short part of the route from Newcastle to Callerton Bridge, you would need an Explorer or the appropriate Ticket/Buzzfare Zones for destinations further than that.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Feb 2018, 7:18 am #76

Yes, 8323. Replaced 4959 on the 28/28A which expired*

re 8322 at Fencehouses - it had not incurred a mechanical defect, rather a passenger had been sick on the bus, so it could not continue.

(08 Feb 2018, 8:35 pm)Andreos1 Think I worded the post badly.

Doesn't appear to have been two running together.

Possibly an odd quirk with the app, or may be related to the bus Andreos saw in Fencehouses (if the driver did not sign off the ticket machine on his journey, this would have caused issues with the real-time information).
Dan
09 Feb 2018, 7:18 am #76

Yes, 8323. Replaced 4959 on the 28/28A which expired*

re 8322 at Fencehouses - it had not incurred a mechanical defect, rather a passenger had been sick on the bus, so it could not continue.

(08 Feb 2018, 8:35 pm)Andreos1 Think I worded the post badly.

Doesn't appear to have been two running together.

Possibly an odd quirk with the app, or may be related to the bus Andreos saw in Fencehouses (if the driver did not sign off the ticket machine on his journey, this would have caused issues with the real-time information).

S830OFT

09 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm #77
When will 9083 enter service?

S830OFT
09 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm #77

When will 9083 enter service?

09 Feb 2018, 6:34 pm #78
(08 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm)xpm Like any other route the service is susceptible to breakdowns and weather issues, although these are fairly rare on the whole.  The service can be delayed at time with traffic or accidents around the Cowgate and RVI hospital area, moreso in peak time.  It is normally allocated a Solo, but can occasionally have a Dart or rarely a full size saloon.

Yeah, breakdowns and weather issues are to be expected sometimes. Yeah, one time recently it didn't have the Tynedale Links Solo allocated, but it usually does whenever I see it. 

I wasn't sure if the 74 was subsidised as it has Tynedale Links branding like a normal GNE service, whereas the Nexus contracted services are Nexus Bus unbranded buses. The council subsidised bus services must not be identifiable in any way like Nexus services are. 3 hour round trip! That is a long trip. I don't think many people use the 74. 

I was only going to Newcastle Eldon Square from a short distance away. She just couldn't find the Day Rover option and had no idea what I was talking about, constantly saying it was only valid on Stagecoach buses and not GNE. Stagecoach is a Day Rider, a Day Rover is valid on all the operators. I don't know if Buzzfare is valid on the Nexus 32A, but if so how many Buzzfare zones are required to South Shields from Cowgate? 

For the 74, I was looking at getting a return ticket between Newcastle Eldon Square and Cowgate, with a return ticket costing £3, whereas a Stagecoach Day Rider is £4. Far less trips running, and more of a walk, but saving £1 each time. What do you think?

Thanks.
OrangeArrow49
09 Feb 2018, 6:34 pm #78

(08 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm)xpm Like any other route the service is susceptible to breakdowns and weather issues, although these are fairly rare on the whole.  The service can be delayed at time with traffic or accidents around the Cowgate and RVI hospital area, moreso in peak time.  It is normally allocated a Solo, but can occasionally have a Dart or rarely a full size saloon.

Yeah, breakdowns and weather issues are to be expected sometimes. Yeah, one time recently it didn't have the Tynedale Links Solo allocated, but it usually does whenever I see it. 

I wasn't sure if the 74 was subsidised as it has Tynedale Links branding like a normal GNE service, whereas the Nexus contracted services are Nexus Bus unbranded buses. The council subsidised bus services must not be identifiable in any way like Nexus services are. 3 hour round trip! That is a long trip. I don't think many people use the 74. 

I was only going to Newcastle Eldon Square from a short distance away. She just couldn't find the Day Rover option and had no idea what I was talking about, constantly saying it was only valid on Stagecoach buses and not GNE. Stagecoach is a Day Rider, a Day Rover is valid on all the operators. I don't know if Buzzfare is valid on the Nexus 32A, but if so how many Buzzfare zones are required to South Shields from Cowgate? 

For the 74, I was looking at getting a return ticket between Newcastle Eldon Square and Cowgate, with a return ticket costing £3, whereas a Stagecoach Day Rider is £4. Far less trips running, and more of a walk, but saving £1 each time. What do you think?

Thanks.

BusLoverMum

09 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm #79
I wouldn't want to rely on such an infrequent long distance mostly rural service for such short journeys on a daily basis. It's bad enough when a hourly or even half hourly service on such a long route is delayed or doesn't run (and this forum has some of my rants, as a result!)
BusLoverMum
09 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm #79

I wouldn't want to rely on such an infrequent long distance mostly rural service for such short journeys on a daily basis. It's bad enough when a hourly or even half hourly service on such a long route is delayed or doesn't run (and this forum has some of my rants, as a result!)

09 Feb 2018, 7:51 pm #80
(09 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm)BusLoverMum I wouldn't want to rely on such an infrequent long distance mostly rural service for such short journeys on a daily basis. It's bad enough when a hourly or even half hourly service on such a long route is delayed or doesn't run (and this forum has some of my rants, as a result!)

Well, I wouldn't rely on it exactly, any more than any other bus service, but I would save £1 each time it turned up, but it would cost more every time it didn't.
OrangeArrow49
09 Feb 2018, 7:51 pm #80

(09 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm)BusLoverMum I wouldn't want to rely on such an infrequent long distance mostly rural service for such short journeys on a daily basis. It's bad enough when a hourly or even half hourly service on such a long route is delayed or doesn't run (and this forum has some of my rants, as a result!)

Well, I wouldn't rely on it exactly, any more than any other bus service, but I would save £1 each time it turned up, but it would cost more every time it didn't.

Pages (13): Previous 13 4 513 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average