Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
10 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm #21
(10 Feb 2018, 8:30 pm)Dan Unsure if the one you're referring to was replaced - I went out to get a photograph of the 18:40 Megabus from Newcastle off the back of your post, and was disappointed to see it was 54221. Maybe next time!

Out of interest, does anyone know what happens when the LHD coaches are allocated to Megabus work in areas where it wouldn't really be safe to board from the main doors? Is the door in the middle of the coach on the other side used for boarding instead? Could probably get away with using the main doors in Park Lane Interchange for example, but you'd have to go into the road in Newcastle.

Sorry about that Dan i seen one of our drivers had posted it on his facebook saying he was bringing it up
topsweep1506
10 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm #21

(10 Feb 2018, 8:30 pm)Dan Unsure if the one you're referring to was replaced - I went out to get a photograph of the 18:40 Megabus from Newcastle off the back of your post, and was disappointed to see it was 54221. Maybe next time!

Out of interest, does anyone know what happens when the LHD coaches are allocated to Megabus work in areas where it wouldn't really be safe to board from the main doors? Is the door in the middle of the coach on the other side used for boarding instead? Could probably get away with using the main doors in Park Lane Interchange for example, but you'd have to go into the road in Newcastle.

Sorry about that Dan i seen one of our drivers had posted it on his facebook saying he was bringing it up

V514DFT

14 Feb 2018, 1:35 pm #22
Just saw 22343 (looky rather shabby),and it didnt have a side blind,anyone know whats happened to it

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
14 Feb 2018, 1:35 pm #22

Just saw 22343 (looky rather shabby),and it didnt have a side blind,anyone know whats happened to it

Kind Regards
Tez

14 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm #23
(14 Feb 2018, 1:35 pm)V514DFT Just saw 22343 (looky rather shabby),and it didnt have a side blind,anyone know whats happened to it

Was removed well over a year ago. I know it's been defected by drivers in the past, but still it misses one.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
14 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm #23

(14 Feb 2018, 1:35 pm)V514DFT Just saw 22343 (looky rather shabby),and it didnt have a side blind,anyone know whats happened to it

Was removed well over a year ago. I know it's been defected by drivers in the past, but still it misses one.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

V514DFT

14 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm #24
(14 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm)RBZ 5459 Was removed well over a year ago. I know it's been defected by drivers in the past, but still it misses one.

Why was it removed

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
14 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm #24

(14 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm)RBZ 5459 Was removed well over a year ago. I know it's been defected by drivers in the past, but still it misses one.

Why was it removed

Kind Regards
Tez

15 Feb 2018, 9:12 am #25
(14 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm)V514DFT Why was it removed

Assume it was defective, and never put back on when/if it went away for repair. Probably in a Trident now.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
15 Feb 2018, 9:12 am #25

(14 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm)V514DFT Why was it removed

Assume it was defective, and never put back on when/if it went away for repair. Probably in a Trident now.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

V514DFT

15 Feb 2018, 10:06 am #26
(15 Feb 2018, 9:12 am)RBZ 5459 Assume it was defective, and never put back on when/if it went away for repair. Probably in a Trident now.

More than likely,it is stagecoach afterall

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
15 Feb 2018, 10:06 am #26

(15 Feb 2018, 9:12 am)RBZ 5459 Assume it was defective, and never put back on when/if it went away for repair. Probably in a Trident now.

More than likely,it is stagecoach afterall

Kind Regards
Tez

Michael

18 Feb 2018, 4:13 pm #27
28006 is now in Stagecoch livery

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Feb 2018, 4:13 pm #27

28006 is now in Stagecoch livery

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Feb 2018, 9:48 am #28
28033 now repainted into corporate SC livery.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
23 Feb 2018, 9:48 am #28

28033 now repainted into corporate SC livery.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

24 Feb 2018, 6:03 am #29
12063 now at Sunderland getting painted into corporate livery
topsweep1506
24 Feb 2018, 6:03 am #29

12063 now at Sunderland getting painted into corporate livery

AIG20

27 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm #30
Service E1 is currently operating via Lizard Lane due to stuck cars on Redwell Lane bank.

A Service E2 (ADL E300) towards South Shields slid and bounced off the Marsden Inn roundabout, and carried on.

I feel sorry for all of the bus drivers. Driving in these weather conditions must be so stressful.

All Sunderland Services Cancelled:

Sun ops Due to the current dangerous road conditions, all Sunderland services will be terminating and returning to the depot. Road conditions will be assessed and if conditions improve services will resume. Apologies from the Sunderland team and keep checking twitter for updates
Edited 27 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm by AIG20.
AIG20
27 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm #30

Service E1 is currently operating via Lizard Lane due to stuck cars on Redwell Lane bank.

A Service E2 (ADL E300) towards South Shields slid and bounced off the Marsden Inn roundabout, and carried on.

I feel sorry for all of the bus drivers. Driving in these weather conditions must be so stressful.

Sun ops Due to the current dangerous road conditions, all Sunderland services will be terminating and returning to the depot. Road conditions will be assessed and if conditions improve services will resume. Apologies from the Sunderland team and keep checking twitter for updates

Michael

27 Feb 2018, 7:16 pm #31
(27 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm)AIG20 Service E1 is currently operating via Lizard Lane due to stuck cars on Redwell Lane bank.

The roads aren't even that bad, its a joke, 30 years ago we wouldn't have this over reaction, its a bloody joke.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Feb 2018, 7:16 pm #31

(27 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm)AIG20 Service E1 is currently operating via Lizard Lane due to stuck cars on Redwell Lane bank.

The roads aren't even that bad, its a joke, 30 years ago we wouldn't have this over reaction, its a bloody joke.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

27 Feb 2018, 7:22 pm #32
(27 Feb 2018, 7:16 pm)Michael The roads aren't even that bad, its a joke, 30 years ago we wouldn't have this over reaction, its a bloody joke.

There don’t make buses of what there used to be, all plastic containers these days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
27 Feb 2018, 7:22 pm #32

(27 Feb 2018, 7:16 pm)Michael The roads aren't even that bad, its a joke, 30 years ago we wouldn't have this over reaction, its a bloody joke.

There don’t make buses of what there used to be, all plastic containers these days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BusLoverMum

27 Feb 2018, 7:23 pm #33

Not really, it's below freezing and we're having periodic white out conditions. I'm sure they didn't take the decision to protect their drivers and fleet lightly.
BusLoverMum
27 Feb 2018, 7:23 pm #33

Not really, it's below freezing and we're having periodic white out conditions. I'm sure they didn't take the decision to protect their drivers and fleet lightly.

idiot

27 Feb 2018, 7:38 pm #34
I've drove in it and it's not that bad tbh. But health and safety mad.
idiot
27 Feb 2018, 7:38 pm #34

I've drove in it and it's not that bad tbh. But health and safety mad.

Malarkey

27 Feb 2018, 8:51 pm #35
Retweeted Stagecoach NEast (@StagecoachNE):

Sun opsBig Grinue to the current dangerous road conditions, all Sunderland services will be terminating and returning to the depot. Road conditions will be assessed and if conditions improve services will resume. Apologies from the Sunderland team and keep checking twitter for updates
Malarkey
27 Feb 2018, 8:51 pm #35

Retweeted Stagecoach NEast (@StagecoachNE):

Sun opsBig Grinue to the current dangerous road conditions, all Sunderland services will be terminating and returning to the depot. Road conditions will be assessed and if conditions improve services will resume. Apologies from the Sunderland team and keep checking twitter for updates

Michael

27 Feb 2018, 9:13 pm #36
(27 Feb 2018, 8:51 pm)Malarkey Retweeted Stagecoach NEast (@StagecoachNE):

Although that part of the post was already post on here, an update has confirmed, services won't be running at all tonight:

SunOp: Due to the dangerous road conditions all of our Services are no longer running, this evening. We will keep you updated as soon as we have any changes to the situation. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Edited 27 Feb 2018, 9:14 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Feb 2018, 9:13 pm #36

(27 Feb 2018, 8:51 pm)Malarkey Retweeted Stagecoach NEast (@StagecoachNE):

Although that part of the post was already post on here, an update has confirmed, services won't be running at all tonight:

SunOp: Due to the dangerous road conditions all of our Services are no longer running, this evening. We will keep you updated as soon as we have any changes to the situation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

27 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm #37

I've been out this evening and some of the roads are terrible. Black ice and packed snow even on the dual carriageways. The A1 has been closed at the angel for quite a period tonight, so that roads can be treated.
A road traffic car was blocking the entry slip-road at Picktree as I passed.
Headed a few miles down the road and there's nowt but slush.

It's a little beyond 30 years ago, but it looks like the buses on picture 8 aren't going anywhere fast.

It would have been about 15 years back, but I was needing to get from Fatfield to Chester on a Friday night.
GNE didn't have the contract for the evening bus (can't remember its number, but operated a similar route to the 8 between the Galleries and Chester). Veola had it a few years later, but during this period Stanley had it.
We waited and waited, with no joy. A 777 came by, operating it's last run of the day that terminated at Barley Mow. Anyway, the driver felt sorry for us when we explained our predicament, said he would take us as far as Barley Mow for a connecting bus as the Stanley vehicles weren't coming out to play that night. They were stuck essentially.
Got to Barley Mow, he switched the interior lights off, told us to keep our heads down and took us as far as Pelaw Bank in Chester.

Eternally grateful (at the time anyway - I was in the early throes of a relationship with a future Mrs C), we thanked him and trudged up the street.
Unfortunately, I never saw him again to thank him properly!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
27 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm #37

I've been out this evening and some of the roads are terrible. Black ice and packed snow even on the dual carriageways. The A1 has been closed at the angel for quite a period tonight, so that roads can be treated.

It's a little beyond 30 years ago, but it looks like the buses on picture 8 aren't going anywhere fast.

It would have been about 15 years back, but I was needing to get from Fatfield to Chester on a Friday night.
GNE didn't have the contract for the evening bus (can't remember its number, but operated a similar route to the 8 between the Galleries and Chester). Veola had it a few years later, but during this period Stanley had it.
We waited and waited, with no joy. A 777 came by, operating it's last run of the day that terminated at Barley Mow. Anyway, the driver felt sorry for us when we explained our predicament, said he would take us as far as Barley Mow for a connecting bus as the Stanley vehicles weren't coming out to play that night. They were stuck essentially.
Got to Barley Mow, he switched the interior lights off, told us to keep our heads down and took us as far as Pelaw Bank in Chester.

Eternally grateful (at the time anyway - I was in the early throes of a relationship with a future Mrs C), we thanked him and trudged up the street.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

27 Feb 2018, 10:35 pm #38
(27 Feb 2018, 7:38 pm)idiot I've drove in it and it's not that bad tbh. But health and safety mad.

How are would-be passengers supposed to get around when bus operators stop running their services?

Quite concerning people could be stranded by operators terminating services early, or not running in bad weather conditions in the first place meaning people can't travel.

Edited 27 Feb 2018, 10:44 pm by OrangeArrow49.
OrangeArrow49
27 Feb 2018, 10:35 pm #38

(27 Feb 2018, 7:38 pm)idiot I've drove in it and it's not that bad tbh. But health and safety mad.

How are would-be passengers supposed to get around when bus operators stop running their services?

Quite concerning people could be stranded by operators terminating services early, or not running in bad weather conditions in the first place meaning people can't travel.

BusLoverMum

27 Feb 2018, 11:00 pm #39
(27 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 I've been out this evening and some of the roads are terrible. Black ice and packed snow even on the dual carriageways. The A1 has been closed at the angel for quite a period tonight, so that roads can be treated.

That 15 years ago is probably the time I caught a bus from Gateshead to Hartlepool and the bus home was a no show, cistico me £23 in taxi fare.

And autocorrect is being an arse on here, tonight. No problems elsewhere.
BusLoverMum
27 Feb 2018, 11:00 pm #39

(27 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 I've been out this evening and some of the roads are terrible. Black ice and packed snow even on the dual carriageways. The A1 has been closed at the angel for quite a period tonight, so that roads can be treated.

That 15 years ago is probably the time I caught a bus from Gateshead to Hartlepool and the bus home was a no show, cistico me £23 in taxi fare.

And autocorrect is being an arse on here, tonight. No problems elsewhere.

James101

27 Feb 2018, 11:25 pm #40

I had a similar experience in around the same year in Hartlepool where services were being pulled, in times before Facebook and Twitter could keep you updated. I waited ages for either a bus or taxi to turn up at the Marina - it was a bus driven by a well known driver who picked up anyone at a shelter through the town centre and kindly provided an ‘all routes’ service to drop people roughly where they needed to be in the southern part of the town - faith restored!
James101
27 Feb 2018, 11:25 pm #40

I had a similar experience in around the same year in Hartlepool where services were being pulled, in times before Facebook and Twitter could keep you updated. I waited ages for either a bus or taxi to turn up at the Marina - it was a bus driven by a well known driver who picked up anyone at a shelter through the town centre and kindly provided an ‘all routes’ service to drop people roughly where they needed to be in the southern part of the town - faith restored!

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average