Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (8): 1 2 38 Next
01 Mar 2018, 1:22 am #1
(28 Feb 2018, 9:20 pm)NewcastleOne Hope everyone was alright. All respect to the Drivers who have drive the buses in the weather. Out of interest where did you find the picture or did you take it. Looks like it’s on the A192 near Neddleton and Plessey Wood.

Learn some respect. These drivers in places like Northumberland and County Durham risk a hell of a lot to drive buses which the most of the time can be difficult to drive never mind in these conditions. Some services like the X-15&18 might have been on roads that have not been gritted as these services go through some remote areas far away from the towns. Have some respect next time

And anyway if you think this is ridiculous then just wait until there’s no services in the morning with the road conditions now especially in Darlington it’s just took me 1hr and a half to go a 15 minute journey in a car
Stuartphin1639
01 Mar 2018, 1:22 am #1

(28 Feb 2018, 9:20 pm)NewcastleOne Hope everyone was alright. All respect to the Drivers who have drive the buses in the weather. Out of interest where did you find the picture or did you take it. Looks like it’s on the A192 near Neddleton and Plessey Wood.

Learn some respect. These drivers in places like Northumberland and County Durham risk a hell of a lot to drive buses which the most of the time can be difficult to drive never mind in these conditions. Some services like the X-15&18 might have been on roads that have not been gritted as these services go through some remote areas far away from the towns. Have some respect next time

And anyway if you think this is ridiculous then just wait until there’s no services in the morning with the road conditions now especially in Darlington it’s just took me 1hr and a half to go a 15 minute journey in a car

Cock Robin

01 Mar 2018, 11:31 am #2
(28 Feb 2018, 3:47 pm)Stuartphin1639 How is it ridiculous? Ashington obviously care about the employees, so for there safety and passenger safety it’s probably safer to remove buses off the road, what happens if it was your family member or something that was driving and something went horribly wrong and didn’t end up coming home?

Really safe for people who end up stranded with no means of getting home. But like you say employees come first. Gone are the days when it was a public service.

(01 Mar 2018, 11:31 am)Cock Robin Really safe for people who end up stranded with no means of getting home.  But like you say employees come first. Gone are the days when it was a public service.

Oh but then I suppose there's always the taxi drivers who you can rely on to be working.
Edited 01 Mar 2018, 11:32 am by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
01 Mar 2018, 11:31 am #2

(28 Feb 2018, 3:47 pm)Stuartphin1639 How is it ridiculous? Ashington obviously care about the employees, so for there safety and passenger safety it’s probably safer to remove buses off the road, what happens if it was your family member or something that was driving and something went horribly wrong and didn’t end up coming home?

Really safe for people who end up stranded with no means of getting home. But like you say employees come first. Gone are the days when it was a public service.

(01 Mar 2018, 11:31 am)Cock Robin Really safe for people who end up stranded with no means of getting home.  But like you say employees come first. Gone are the days when it was a public service.

Oh but then I suppose there's always the taxi drivers who you can rely on to be working.

mb134

01 Mar 2018, 11:50 am #3

So what would you have them do? Have them operate a usual evening service, only for poor visibility to result in an accident, potential injuries, then all of a sudden it would be because management "only think of the money". Passengers are being told well in advance that services are being withdrawn early, and from what I can tell majority of last journeys will be adequate in the vast majority of instances. You seem to be forgetting that drivers also need to get home. 

The effort over the past few days by all companies has been outstanding to even get buses running, and wherever they can run they have done. To say that they haven't been providing a public service over the past few days is disrespectful.
mb134
01 Mar 2018, 11:50 am #3

So what would you have them do? Have them operate a usual evening service, only for poor visibility to result in an accident, potential injuries, then all of a sudden it would be because management "only think of the money". Passengers are being told well in advance that services are being withdrawn early, and from what I can tell majority of last journeys will be adequate in the vast majority of instances. You seem to be forgetting that drivers also need to get home. 

The effort over the past few days by all companies has been outstanding to even get buses running, and wherever they can run they have done. To say that they haven't been providing a public service over the past few days is disrespectful.

BusLoverMum

01 Mar 2018, 12:18 pm #4

A lot of taxis are charging a premium, if they are willing to work.

Many other businesses have closed. Even IKEA!

These are extraordinary weather conditions for this country but feel free to carry on as normal. Just don't expect everyone else to, even if you end up in a pickle.
BusLoverMum
01 Mar 2018, 12:18 pm #4

A lot of taxis are charging a premium, if they are willing to work.

Many other businesses have closed. Even IKEA!

These are extraordinary weather conditions for this country but feel free to carry on as normal. Just don't expect everyone else to, even if you end up in a pickle.

01 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm #5
Can't provide a service if they can't get through.

There's reports of 8ft snow drifts in certain places, go ahead and get a bus through that, Cock Robin.
Edited 01 Mar 2018, 12:35 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm #5

Can't provide a service if they can't get through.

There's reports of 8ft snow drifts in certain places, go ahead and get a bus through that, Cock Robin.

01 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm #6
Email has just arrived at Darlington depot; buses to be pulled at 7pm tonight came from a leading driver
Stuartphin1639
01 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm #6

Email has just arrived at Darlington depot; buses to be pulled at 7pm tonight came from a leading driver

V514DFT

01 Mar 2018, 12:45 pm #7
(28 Feb 2018, 2:19 pm)Cock Robin Big Grin

Agreed.

Ridiculous.

So what your saying,is that you dont care what the weather is like,you still expect a service,regardless if it puts people at risk,well frankly thats selfish,and i personally think that what your saying/thinking is ridiculous,aquire some sense man!!!!!
Edited 01 Mar 2018, 12:46 pm by V514DFT.

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
01 Mar 2018, 12:45 pm #7

(28 Feb 2018, 2:19 pm)Cock Robin Big Grin

Agreed.

Ridiculous.

So what your saying,is that you dont care what the weather is like,you still expect a service,regardless if it puts people at risk,well frankly thats selfish,and i personally think that what your saying/thinking is ridiculous,aquire some sense man!!!!!

Kind Regards
Tez

01 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm #8
What needs to be thought about before you call Arriva's decisions ridiculous is that the following happened yesterday...
  • Northumbria Police advising to cease services.
  • Northumberland County Council unable to clear roads in places.
  • Sudden changes in weather, where within a couple of seconds, you cannot see in front of you.
  • Buses and large vehicles leaving the road.
If you can do a better job without landing people in hospital, go ahead.
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm #8

What needs to be thought about before you call Arriva's decisions ridiculous is that the following happened yesterday...

• Northumbria Police advising to cease services.
  • Northumberland County Council unable to clear roads in places.
  • Sudden changes in weather, where within a couple of seconds, you cannot see in front of you.

Kuyoyo

01 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm #9
Durham depot now confirmed they will be pulling services from 1800.
Kuyoyo
01 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm #9

Durham depot now confirmed they will be pulling services from 1800.

BusLoverMum

01 Mar 2018, 1:23 pm #10
(01 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm)Kuyoyo Durham depot now confirmed they will be pulling services from 1800.

Link https://m.facebook.com/arrivanortheast/p...4184886173

The 24 is currently diverted due to an incident near "Sherburn"
BusLoverMum
01 Mar 2018, 1:23 pm #10

(01 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm)Kuyoyo Durham depot now confirmed they will be pulling services from 1800.

Link https://m.facebook.com/arrivanortheast/p...4184886173

The 24 is currently diverted due to an incident near "Sherburn"

mb134

01 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm #11
(01 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm)omnicity4659 What needs to be thought about before you call Arriva's decisions ridiculous is that the following happened yesterday...
Do you know if 7525 was recovered?
mb134
01 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm #11

(01 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm)omnicity4659 What needs to be thought about before you call Arriva's decisions ridiculous is that the following happened yesterday...
Do you know if 7525 was recovered?

01 Mar 2018, 1:55 pm #12
(01 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm)mb134 Do you know if 7525 was recovered?

Yeah, it was. I passed another E400 stuck in Guidepost yesterday evening too.
omnicity4659
01 Mar 2018, 1:55 pm #12

(01 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm)mb134 Do you know if 7525 was recovered?

Yeah, it was. I passed another E400 stuck in Guidepost yesterday evening too.

mb134

01 Mar 2018, 2:26 pm #13
(01 Mar 2018, 1:55 pm)omnicity4659 Yeah, it was. I passed another E400 stuck in Guidepost yesterday evening too.

Was there anything seriously wrong with it, or was it okay for service short term?
mb134
01 Mar 2018, 2:26 pm #13

(01 Mar 2018, 1:55 pm)omnicity4659 Yeah, it was. I passed another E400 stuck in Guidepost yesterday evening too.

Was there anything seriously wrong with it, or was it okay for service short term?

Kuyoyo

01 Mar 2018, 7:20 pm #14
Due to ongoing driver shortages at Darlington, Stockton will be taking operating of 2 X66/X67 turns from Monday.
Kuyoyo
01 Mar 2018, 7:20 pm #14

Due to ongoing driver shortages at Darlington, Stockton will be taking operating of 2 X66/X67 turns from Monday.

BusLoverMum

02 Mar 2018, 8:09 am #15
Arriva have just announced that until Sunday evening, they will accept any operator's tickets.
https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...61888?s=19
BusLoverMum
02 Mar 2018, 8:09 am #15

Arriva have just announced that until Sunday evening, they will accept any operator's tickets.

Andreos1

02 Mar 2018, 9:05 am #16
(02 Mar 2018, 8:09 am)BusLoverMum Arriva have just announced that until Sunday evening, they will accept any operator's tickets.

I don't know how this will work.
Can I buy a red GNE ticket and make my way to Whitby on it?
We have seen comment on this very thread about how drivers can struggle to identify whether their own tickets are valid on their own services or even long established Nexus products, never mind having to worry about another operators ticketing products.

Whilst I applaud the idea in theory, I don't think it has been thought through correctly and feel some people may take advantage of the offer.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Mar 2018, 9:05 am #16

(02 Mar 2018, 8:09 am)BusLoverMum Arriva have just announced that until Sunday evening, they will accept any operator's tickets.

I don't know how this will work.
We have seen comment on this very thread about how drivers can struggle to identify whether their own tickets are valid on their own services or even long established Nexus products, never mind having to worry about another operators ticketing products.

Whilst I applaud the idea in theory, I don't think it has been thought through correctly and feel some people may take advantage of the offer.

BusLoverMum

02 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm #17
(02 Mar 2018, 9:05 am)Andreos1 I don't know how this will work.

I think the idea is that they'll pick passengers up on town services, where there is competition so, say, in the unlikely event that there's no sign of an angel at Eldon Square, when i venture in, this afternoon, the X12 driver would accept my return ticket back to Durham. Not that I'll be doing that because it would cost a lot more than£1 to get bigun on the bus home.

I can see it causing a few rows, mind, particularly with some of the less personable drivers.
BusLoverMum
02 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm #17

(02 Mar 2018, 9:05 am)Andreos1 I don't know how this will work.

I think the idea is that they'll pick passengers up on town services, where there is competition so, say, in the unlikely event that there's no sign of an angel at Eldon Square, when i venture in, this afternoon, the X12 driver would accept my return ticket back to Durham. Not that I'll be doing that because it would cost a lot more than£1 to get bigun on the bus home.

I can see it causing a few rows, mind, particularly with some of the less personable drivers.

cbma06

02 Mar 2018, 4:01 pm #18
Can someone tell the Arriva drivers that there’s no excuse to not to do the full 24 route in Peterlee!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
02 Mar 2018, 4:01 pm #18

Can someone tell the Arriva drivers that there’s no excuse to not to do the full 24 route in Peterlee!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andreos1

02 Mar 2018, 4:26 pm #19
(02 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm)BusLoverMum
I think the idea is that they'll pick passengers up on town services, where there is competition so, say, in the unlikely event that there's no sign of an angel at Eldon Square, when i venture in, this afternoon, the X12 driver would accept my return ticket back to Durham.
Not that I'll be doing that because it would cost a lot more than£1 to get bigun on the bus home.

To be honest, those were thoughts I had and I presume most punters too. 
The ANE post doesnt make it very clear though and with the lack of radio contact with the drivers will only add to any confusion or mickey taking.

I still think it's a cracking idea.

Andreos1
02 Mar 2018, 4:26 pm #19

(02 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm)BusLoverMum
I think the idea is that they'll pick passengers up on town services, where there is competition so, say, in the unlikely event that there's no sign of an angel at Eldon Square, when i venture in, this afternoon, the X12 driver would accept my return ticket back to Durham.
Not that I'll be doing that because it would cost a lot more than£1 to get bigun on the bus home.

To be honest, those were thoughts I had and I presume most punters too. 
The ANE post doesnt make it very clear though and with the lack of radio contact with the drivers will only add to any confusion or mickey taking.

I still think it's a cracking idea.

RobinHood

02 Mar 2018, 7:49 pm #20
(01 Mar 2018, 7:20 pm)Kuyoyo Due to ongoing driver shortages at Darlington, Stockton will be taking operating of 2 X66/X67 turns from Monday.

1406 and 1416 will transfer. Likely to be long term too so I am told.
RobinHood
02 Mar 2018, 7:49 pm #20

(01 Mar 2018, 7:20 pm)Kuyoyo Due to ongoing driver shortages at Darlington, Stockton will be taking operating of 2 X66/X67 turns from Monday.

1406 and 1416 will transfer. Likely to be long term too so I am told.

Pages (8): 1 2 38 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average