Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Northumberland Independents Woodys

Woodys

Woodys

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Charles41

06 Apr 2018, 7:44 pm #1
This long established taxi operator is now running local services in North Northumberland. They have an evening town service in Berwick to replace journeys withdrawn by Perrymans.

They've just started a shuttle from Haggerston Castle to Lindisfarne. There's also a local service running on the island.

They are using a special restricted operator licence to run the services. Normally 8 seater LDV Maxus minibuses running on taxi plates. Their depot is a short walk from Perrymans at Berwick. They also have Berwick's only party bus.

Well worth a look I recon.

Charles
Charles41
06 Apr 2018, 7:44 pm #1

This long established taxi operator is now running local services in North Northumberland. They have an evening town service in Berwick to replace journeys withdrawn by Perrymans.

They've just started a shuttle from Haggerston Castle to Lindisfarne. There's also a local service running on the island.

They are using a special restricted operator licence to run the services. Normally 8 seater LDV Maxus minibuses running on taxi plates. Their depot is a short walk from Perrymans at Berwick. They also have Berwick's only party bus.

Charles

12 Apr 2018, 2:37 am #2
(06 Apr 2018, 7:44 pm)Charles41 This long established taxi operator is now running local services in North Northumberland. They have an evening town service in Berwick to replace journeys withdrawn by Perrymans.

They've just started a shuttle from Haggerston  Castle to Lindisfarne. There's also a local service running on the island.

Charles

The local evening B1 journeys that they run are part of a 3 month trial supported by NCC, because Borders Buses would not continue to run them commercially. The trial period appears to have been unsuccessful from what I can gather and I doubt it will be continuing much into the future.

Check out my Flickr - www.flickr.com/cobalt512
Cobalt271
12 Apr 2018, 2:37 am #2

(06 Apr 2018, 7:44 pm)Charles41 This long established taxi operator is now running local services in North Northumberland. They have an evening town service in Berwick to replace journeys withdrawn by Perrymans.

They've just started a shuttle from Haggerston  Castle to Lindisfarne. There's also a local service running on the island.

Charles

The local evening B1 journeys that they run are part of a 3 month trial supported by NCC, because Borders Buses would not continue to run them commercially. The trial period appears to have been unsuccessful from what I can gather and I doubt it will be continuing much into the future.

S830OFT

04 Aug 2018, 11:31 pm #3
Appears Woodys have a very funny facebook ad

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...8001011718&id=1630583123895211

S830OFT
04 Aug 2018, 11:31 pm #3

Appears Woodys have a very funny facebook ad

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...8001011718&id=1630583123895211

14 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm #4
Woodys have recently acquired an ex SPT VW Bluebird unsure of reg. They've also bought LDV Convoy MH06WCU from PCL.
Edited 14 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm by Cobalt271.

Cobalt271
14 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm #4

Woodys have recently acquired an ex SPT VW Bluebird unsure of reg. They've also bought LDV Convoy MH06WCU from PCL.

S830OFT

08 May 2019, 3:27 pm #5
Another addition from PCL is Primo KX07 KNZ with it's destination screen removed...

S830OFT
08 May 2019, 3:27 pm #5

Another addition from PCL is Primo KX07 KNZ with it's destination screen removed...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average