Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 36 Next
Pulsar

04 Apr 2018, 10:11 pm #21
(04 Apr 2018, 9:41 pm)OrangeArrow49 What is different about MAX, Sapphire etc and when did Arriva introduce these separate identities?

Not sure when Sapphire was introduced but MAX was summer 2014 with the first MAX route being the X10 and X11 Blyth - Newcastle.

Originally, Sapphire was e leather seats, NSA, wifi and plugs. MAX was just e leather seats and wifi.

Since then Sapphire and MAX have become almost identical with MAX now including USB sockets and Sapphire only having USB rather than 3 pin plugs. Basically the only difference is NSA's although there are exceptions ( MAX X1 streetlites have both NSA and 3 pin plugs.)

Its also worth noting that MAX has now been scrapped and eventually buses will be repainted to the new livery. There will be no more MAX routes but the standard spec now includes USB ports, e leather seats and wifi.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
04 Apr 2018, 10:11 pm #21

(04 Apr 2018, 9:41 pm)OrangeArrow49 What is different about MAX, Sapphire etc and when did Arriva introduce these separate identities?

Not sure when Sapphire was introduced but MAX was summer 2014 with the first MAX route being the X10 and X11 Blyth - Newcastle.

Originally, Sapphire was e leather seats, NSA, wifi and plugs. MAX was just e leather seats and wifi.

Since then Sapphire and MAX have become almost identical with MAX now including USB sockets and Sapphire only having USB rather than 3 pin plugs. Basically the only difference is NSA's although there are exceptions ( MAX X1 streetlites have both NSA and 3 pin plugs.)

Its also worth noting that MAX has now been scrapped and eventually buses will be repainted to the new livery. There will be no more MAX routes but the standard spec now includes USB ports, e leather seats and wifi.

04 Apr 2018, 10:29 pm #22
(04 Apr 2018, 10:11 pm)Pulsar Not sure when Sapphire was introduced but MAX was summer 2014 with the first MAX route being the X10 and X11 Blyth - Newcastle.

Thank you.

Why has MAX been scrapped? 

What about Sapphire, is that staying?

What do you think of the new blue livery and the new Arriva logo?
OrangeArrow49
04 Apr 2018, 10:29 pm #22

(04 Apr 2018, 10:11 pm)Pulsar Not sure when Sapphire was introduced but MAX was summer 2014 with the first MAX route being the X10 and X11 Blyth - Newcastle.

Thank you.

BusLoverMum

04 Apr 2018, 10:33 pm #23
(04 Apr 2018, 10:29 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you.

I think the new livery looks great in print, but cheap in the flesh, particularly on double deckers.
BusLoverMum
04 Apr 2018, 10:33 pm #23

I think the new livery looks great in print, but cheap in the flesh, particularly on double deckers.

Pulsar

04 Apr 2018, 10:48 pm #24

MAX was scrapped at the same time that the new livery and logo were announced, im not entierly sure why but its possibly because MAX was only really used in the north east and yorkshire, It could be to ensure consistant branding across all Arriva divisions.

Sapphire is staying though.

As for the new livery, I do like the blue colour used and I think it looks more up to date and modern. Not a huge fan of the new Sapphire livery though as it looks less premium than the old one and the route branding looks thrown on.

Pulsar
04 Apr 2018, 10:48 pm #24

MAX was scrapped at the same time that the new livery and logo were announced, im not entierly sure why but its possibly because MAX was only really used in the north east and yorkshire, It could be to ensure consistant branding across all Arriva divisions.

Sapphire is staying though.

As for the new livery, I do like the blue colour used and I think it looks more up to date and modern. Not a huge fan of the new Sapphire livery though as it looks less premium than the old one and the route branding looks thrown on.

04 Apr 2018, 10:52 pm #25
(04 Apr 2018, 10:33 pm)BusLoverMum I think the new livery looks great in print, but cheap in the flesh, particularly on double deckers.

Arriva having a new livery is a good thing. I don't think I have seen the new blue livery in the flesh yet. I like the new logo. What even was the old logo meant to be? The lowercase 'arriva' looks more smart and friendly than 'ARRIVA'.
OrangeArrow49
04 Apr 2018, 10:52 pm #25

(04 Apr 2018, 10:33 pm)BusLoverMum I think the new livery looks great in print, but cheap in the flesh, particularly on double deckers.

Arriva having a new livery is a good thing. I don't think I have seen the new blue livery in the flesh yet. I like the new logo. What even was the old logo meant to be? The lowercase 'arriva' looks more smart and friendly than 'ARRIVA'.

JM03

05 Apr 2018, 12:59 am #26
(04 Apr 2018, 6:20 pm)Shrek I'm told 7413 broke down this morning on the 44, was then sent back out and broke down again this evening again on the 44. Are Jesmond short of buses if they're sending buses back out which clearly aren't ready for service?
Funnily enough, I'm sure that was one of the buses involved in the incident at Haymarket the other day operating the 43.
JM03
05 Apr 2018, 12:59 am #26

(04 Apr 2018, 6:20 pm)Shrek I'm told 7413 broke down this morning on the 44, was then sent back out and broke down again this evening again on the 44. Are Jesmond short of buses if they're sending buses back out which clearly aren't ready for service?
Funnily enough, I'm sure that was one of the buses involved in the incident at Haymarket the other day operating the 43.

mb134

05 Apr 2018, 2:15 am #27
(04 Apr 2018, 9:14 pm)Shrek Same warning tone both time and oil over the road behind the bus on both occasions from what I've been told.

Three Sapphires had been on the 52/54 most of the day.

Then it could have been a worse issue than initially thought, or the fix may not have addressed the whole issue, with the engineer unaware.  But it would not have been sent out in service if the engineers didn't think it was fit.
mb134
05 Apr 2018, 2:15 am #27

(04 Apr 2018, 9:14 pm)Shrek Same warning tone both time and oil over the road behind the bus on both occasions from what I've been told.

Three Sapphires had been on the 52/54 most of the day.

Then it could have been a worse issue than initially thought, or the fix may not have addressed the whole issue, with the engineer unaware.  But it would not have been sent out in service if the engineers didn't think it was fit.

Multi21

05 Apr 2018, 2:44 am #28

My guess would be trial and error from Jesmond fitters. They thought it was one thing repaired it but clearly the fix wasn't strong enough. Doesn't mean the fitters have just left it. Because you have been told it's the same warning buzzer and oil leaking from it. I can safely assume you haven't driven a bus before as you would know 90% of the warning lights/buzzers make the same noise and the fluid could have literally been anything. 

As for sending buses out that "Aren't ready", ask yourself this. Would Arriva a major operator in these parts, in fact in most of Europe risk thier O License by sending defective and dangerous buses back on the road because they are need one for a run. You don't half hear some crazy notions on this forum sometimes.
Multi21
05 Apr 2018, 2:44 am #28

My guess would be trial and error from Jesmond fitters. They thought it was one thing repaired it but clearly the fix wasn't strong enough. Doesn't mean the fitters have just left it. Because you have been told it's the same warning buzzer and oil leaking from it. I can safely assume you haven't driven a bus before as you would know 90% of the warning lights/buzzers make the same noise and the fluid could have literally been anything. 

As for sending buses out that "Aren't ready", ask yourself this. Would Arriva a major operator in these parts, in fact in most of Europe risk thier O License by sending defective and dangerous buses back on the road because they are need one for a run. You don't half hear some crazy notions on this forum sometimes.

mb134

05 Apr 2018, 2:51 am #29
(05 Apr 2018, 2:44 am)Multi21 My guess would be trial and error from Jesmond fitters. They thought it was one thing repaired it but clearly the fix wasn't strong enough. Doesn't mean the fitters have just left it. Because you have been told it's the same warning buzzer and oil leaking from it. I can safely assume you haven't driven a bus before as you would know 90% of the warning lights/buzzers make the same noise and the fluid could have literally been anything. 

Where's that like button gone? 

There's not a chance in hell they'd allow a bus to be sent out if they didn't think it was fit for service. Indeed, I'd argue whatever was the issue in the morning had been properly fixed, otherwise the vehicle surely wouldn't have been able to run any journeys in the afternoon/evening, as it would have been stuck in the depot with alarms going off...
mb134
05 Apr 2018, 2:51 am #29

(05 Apr 2018, 2:44 am)Multi21 My guess would be trial and error from Jesmond fitters. They thought it was one thing repaired it but clearly the fix wasn't strong enough. Doesn't mean the fitters have just left it. Because you have been told it's the same warning buzzer and oil leaking from it. I can safely assume you haven't driven a bus before as you would know 90% of the warning lights/buzzers make the same noise and the fluid could have literally been anything. 

Where's that like button gone? 

There's not a chance in hell they'd allow a bus to be sent out if they didn't think it was fit for service. Indeed, I'd argue whatever was the issue in the morning had been properly fixed, otherwise the vehicle surely wouldn't have been able to run any journeys in the afternoon/evening, as it would have been stuck in the depot with alarms going off...

Shrek

05 Apr 2018, 8:00 am #30
(05 Apr 2018, 2:51 am)mb134 Where's that like button gone? 

You see I'd normally agree with you, but having been on a 54 not so long ago where the driver was saying he didn't think the bus was fit for the road but he'd been told to ignore the warnings and "just give it a go" it got me wondering last night.
Shrek
05 Apr 2018, 8:00 am #30

(05 Apr 2018, 2:51 am)mb134 Where's that like button gone? 

You see I'd normally agree with you, but having been on a 54 not so long ago where the driver was saying he didn't think the bus was fit for the road but he'd been told to ignore the warnings and "just give it a go" it got me wondering last night.

05 Apr 2018, 1:14 pm #31

MAX, for interurban express routes, buses new or refurbished with pleather seating, free WiFi. In 2016, USB chargers added to refurbished vehicles following national Arriva specification change. MAX vehicles have Arriva 2009 spec plastics and flooring. Summer 2014-January 2018. It is now a defunct brand.

Sapphire, for selected routes which have potential, buses new or refurbished with pleather seating, free WiFi, power sockets (3-pin/USB until 2016, USB 2016-present), next stop announcements, clockface timetables. Sapphire vehicles have bespoke plastics and flooring. End of 2013-present. "Sapphire" is now the local variation of "Arriva Premium"*.

Frequenta, for selected urban routes with a frequency of every 10 minutes or better. No set specification. 2015-2018. It is now a defunct brand.

Standard, all vehicles new or refurbished, free WiFi, USB charging, pleather seating. Arriva 2009 spec plastics and flooring. 2016-present.

*Arriva Premium is the Arriva Group product name for premium specification bus and coach services in the UK and Europe, divisions can rename the brand to suit local needs, hence Arriva Sapphire in the UK. Arriva Express and Arriva Frequent are the other products available.

As of now, no vehicles should be repainted in liveries other than Arriva Standard, Arriva Premium, Arriva Express, Arriva Frequent, Arriva Green or Arriva Driver Training. Special liveries, such as TfL Red or joint ventures such as Cross Pennine are exempt.
Edited 05 Apr 2018, 1:18 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
05 Apr 2018, 1:14 pm #31

MAX, for interurban express routes, buses new or refurbished with pleather seating, free WiFi. In 2016, USB chargers added to refurbished vehicles following national Arriva specification change. MAX vehicles have Arriva 2009 spec plastics and flooring. Summer 2014-January 2018. It is now a defunct brand.

Sapphire, for selected routes which have potential, buses new or refurbished with pleather seating, free WiFi, power sockets (3-pin/USB until 2016, USB 2016-present), next stop announcements, clockface timetables. Sapphire vehicles have bespoke plastics and flooring. End of 2013-present. "Sapphire" is now the local variation of "Arriva Premium"*.

Frequenta, for selected urban routes with a frequency of every 10 minutes or better. No set specification. 2015-2018. It is now a defunct brand.

Standard, all vehicles new or refurbished, free WiFi, USB charging, pleather seating. Arriva 2009 spec plastics and flooring. 2016-present.

*Arriva Premium is the Arriva Group product name for premium specification bus and coach services in the UK and Europe, divisions can rename the brand to suit local needs, hence Arriva Sapphire in the UK. Arriva Express and Arriva Frequent are the other products available.

As of now, no vehicles should be repainted in liveries other than Arriva Standard, Arriva Premium, Arriva Express, Arriva Frequent, Arriva Green or Arriva Driver Training. Special liveries, such as TfL Red or joint ventures such as Cross Pennine are exempt.

Cock Robin

05 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm #32
(05 Apr 2018, 8:00 am)Shrek You see I'd normally agree with you, but having been on a 54 not so long ago where the driver was saying he didn't think the bus was fit for the road but he'd been told to ignore the warnings and "just give it a go" it got me wondering last night.

I agree with you. Certain Arriva employees have rose tinted spectacles! The original poster didn't say anything about it being in a dangerous state but anyone that thinks buses aren't sent out with defects needs to give their head a shake.

(04 Apr 2018, 10:52 pm)OrangeArrow49 Arriva having a new livery is a good thing. I don't think I have seen the new blue livery in the flesh yet. I like the new logo. What even was the old logo meant to be? The lowercase 'arriva' looks more smart and friendly than 'ARRIVA'.

Hate the new logo. Why use a capital A symbol and then spell Arriva with a small a?! Looks Like 'Aarriva'! Not keen on the new livery either. Doesn't look too bad when pristine (although still looks cheap) but soon shows the dirt.
Edited 05 Apr 2018, 4:27 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
05 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm #32

(05 Apr 2018, 8:00 am)Shrek You see I'd normally agree with you, but having been on a 54 not so long ago where the driver was saying he didn't think the bus was fit for the road but he'd been told to ignore the warnings and "just give it a go" it got me wondering last night.

I agree with you. Certain Arriva employees have rose tinted spectacles! The original poster didn't say anything about it being in a dangerous state but anyone that thinks buses aren't sent out with defects needs to give their head a shake.

(04 Apr 2018, 10:52 pm)OrangeArrow49 Arriva having a new livery is a good thing. I don't think I have seen the new blue livery in the flesh yet. I like the new logo. What even was the old logo meant to be? The lowercase 'arriva' looks more smart and friendly than 'ARRIVA'.

Hate the new logo. Why use a capital A symbol and then spell Arriva with a small a?! Looks Like 'Aarriva'! Not keen on the new livery either. Doesn't look too bad when pristine (although still looks cheap) but soon shows the dirt.

mb134

05 Apr 2018, 5:11 pm #33
(05 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm)Cock Robin I agree with you. Certain Arriva employees have rose tinted spectacles! The original poster didn't say anything about it being in a dangerous state but anyone that thinks buses aren't sent out with defects needs to give their head a shake.

I'm not an Arriva employee, and as such have no reason to be massively defensive. 

To say that fitters would give the all clear for a bus to be used in service, having just fixed it, without them actually believing so is ludicrous. Fully aware that buses go out with small defects, but this clearly wasn't a small issue, and they wouldn't have put it back out if they thought it would quickly break down again.
mb134
05 Apr 2018, 5:11 pm #33

(05 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm)Cock Robin I agree with you. Certain Arriva employees have rose tinted spectacles! The original poster didn't say anything about it being in a dangerous state but anyone that thinks buses aren't sent out with defects needs to give their head a shake.

I'm not an Arriva employee, and as such have no reason to be massively defensive. 

To say that fitters would give the all clear for a bus to be used in service, having just fixed it, without them actually believing so is ludicrous. Fully aware that buses go out with small defects, but this clearly wasn't a small issue, and they wouldn't have put it back out if they thought it would quickly break down again.

05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm #34
(05 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm)Cock Robin Hate the new logo. Why use a capital A symbol and then spell Arriva with a small a?! Looks Like 'Aarriva'! Not keen on the new livery either. Doesn't look too bad when pristine (although still looks cheap) but soon shows the dirt.

Well, I agree the new logo having a capital A then spelling Arriva with a small a is rather odd! However, what is the old logo meant to be? I think it might be a small a symbol with ARRIVA in capitals, but I could be wrong as I really don't know what the symbol is.

Stagecoach has the beach ball and Go North East just uses the name as their logo, Arriva should have probably done the same, a symbol or just the name, but not a confusing muddled capital letter for a word not capitalized mix up! I like the new logo, but it definitely isn't the best they could've done.

Hopefully I will see the new livery soon.
OrangeArrow49
05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm #34

(05 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm)Cock Robin Hate the new logo. Why use a capital A symbol and then spell Arriva with a small a?! Looks Like 'Aarriva'! Not keen on the new livery either. Doesn't look too bad when pristine (although still looks cheap) but soon shows the dirt.

Well, I agree the new logo having a capital A then spelling Arriva with a small a is rather odd! However, what is the old logo meant to be? I think it might be a small a symbol with ARRIVA in capitals, but I could be wrong as I really don't know what the symbol is.

Stagecoach has the beach ball and Go North East just uses the name as their logo, Arriva should have probably done the same, a symbol or just the name, but not a confusing muddled capital letter for a word not capitalized mix up! I like the new logo, but it definitely isn't the best they could've done.

Hopefully I will see the new livery soon.

05 Apr 2018, 8:03 pm #35
(05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 Well, I agree the new logo having a capital A then spelling Arriva with a small a is rather odd! However, what is the old logo meant to be? I think it might be a small a symbol with ARRIVA in capitals, but I could be wrong as I really don't know what the symbol is.
[Image: a59e4693f9aea662f921dbe1718b81bc-jpeg.8026]

(05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 Hopefully I will see the new livery soon.

[Image: 38471092484_474ff6ff41_c.jpg]
Arriva North East: 4712 / YJ10DHF by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Edited 05 Apr 2018, 8:04 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
05 Apr 2018, 8:03 pm #35

(05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 Well, I agree the new logo having a capital A then spelling Arriva with a small a is rather odd! However, what is the old logo meant to be? I think it might be a small a symbol with ARRIVA in capitals, but I could be wrong as I really don't know what the symbol is.
[Image: a59e4693f9aea662f921dbe1718b81bc-jpeg.8026]

(05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 Hopefully I will see the new livery soon.

[Image: 38471092484_474ff6ff41_c.jpg]
Arriva North East: 4712 / YJ10DHF by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Multi21

06 Apr 2018, 12:57 am #36
(05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 Hopefully I will see the new livery soon.

*cough* 500 Group Running Day *Cough*

It's not a case of Arriva employees having rose tinted spectacles. It's common sense. I wouldn't expect any company from independents Scarlet Band, Stagecarriage or one of the  Proctors group all the way through to the national ones to willingly send out a vehicle Van,  Minibus, coach, Double decker, hell even a pushbike if it was leaking any type of fluid onto the road. Why...? What happens to the tyres of the vehicle following the bus that "got sent out because the fitters thought it would be okay",  Weeeeee BANG! To put It into family friendly terms.

I said it last time and I'll say it again. Arriva a multinational company will not risk its O License by sending out a defective bus. No bus is perfect however there is a line as to what is considered roadworthy and its something called a PG9. Google it you will get a document from Gov.Uk over 100 pages on defects that would deem a bus unroadworthy (Oil Leak is page 88 if you want to argue) It's an immediate prohibition which means if VOSA/DVSA see it on the road with it Knowingly, The bus gets impounded, The driver will be fined anywhere up to £5000 and risks penalty points on his LICENCE, Arriva will be up in front of the Traffic Commissioners in Leeds and they risk losing thier operators licence.

Next time think before you type needless slander ?
Multi21
06 Apr 2018, 12:57 am #36

(05 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 Hopefully I will see the new livery soon.

*cough* 500 Group Running Day *Cough*

It's not a case of Arriva employees having rose tinted spectacles. It's common sense. I wouldn't expect any company from independents Scarlet Band, Stagecarriage or one of the  Proctors group all the way through to the national ones to willingly send out a vehicle Van,  Minibus, coach, Double decker, hell even a pushbike if it was leaking any type of fluid onto the road. Why...? What happens to the tyres of the vehicle following the bus that "got sent out because the fitters thought it would be okay",  Weeeeee BANG! To put It into family friendly terms.

I said it last time and I'll say it again. Arriva a multinational company will not risk its O License by sending out a defective bus. No bus is perfect however there is a line as to what is considered roadworthy and its something called a PG9. Google it you will get a document from Gov.Uk over 100 pages on defects that would deem a bus unroadworthy (Oil Leak is page 88 if you want to argue) It's an immediate prohibition which means if VOSA/DVSA see it on the road with it Knowingly, The bus gets impounded, The driver will be fined anywhere up to £5000 and risks penalty points on his LICENCE, Arriva will be up in front of the Traffic Commissioners in Leeds and they risk losing thier operators licence.

06 Apr 2018, 9:16 am #37
(06 Apr 2018, 12:57 am)Multi21 *cough* 500 Group Running Day *Cough*

You appear to have replied to the wrong person.

Can we keep this to friendly debate? It gets somewhat ridiculous. The bus expired twice in a day, therefore Arriva failed. Whatever the circumstances, it broke twice, same reason or different reason. They have to keep buses moving to make profit as they are a business. A vehicle that stops working correctly twice in the same day is not a roadworthy bus at all. They won't send it out intentionally in a dangerous condition, but will push the limits of acceptability to keep it moving and making them money. 

Thank you.
OrangeArrow49
06 Apr 2018, 9:16 am #37

You appear to have replied to the wrong person.

Can we keep this to friendly debate? It gets somewhat ridiculous. The bus expired twice in a day, therefore Arriva failed. Whatever the circumstances, it broke twice, same reason or different reason. They have to keep buses moving to make profit as they are a business. A vehicle that stops working correctly twice in the same day is not a roadworthy bus at all. They won't send it out intentionally in a dangerous condition, but will push the limits of acceptability to keep it moving and making them money. 

Thank you.

Andreos1

06 Apr 2018, 9:37 am #38

All hypothetical of course...

Would a quick fix sort out the issue temporarily until fitters a) have time to sort it properly. B) a non-essential part is sourced. C) pvr requirements and pressures from management to get the vehicle out on the road has decreased?

Could that temporary fix then fail?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Apr 2018, 9:37 am #38

All hypothetical of course...

Would a quick fix sort out the issue temporarily until fitters a) have time to sort it properly. B) a non-essential part is sourced. C) pvr requirements and pressures from management to get the vehicle out on the road has decreased?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

06 Apr 2018, 12:03 pm #39
(06 Apr 2018, 12:57 am)Multi21 hell even a pushbike if it was leaking any type of fluid onto the road.

Wouldn't like to be behind that pushbike if it was leaking fluid from any part of it.

As for the bus breaking down twice in a day, it is possible that the original issue was sorted however caused a fault to appear elsewhere.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
06 Apr 2018, 12:03 pm #39

(06 Apr 2018, 12:57 am)Multi21 hell even a pushbike if it was leaking any type of fluid onto the road.

Wouldn't like to be behind that pushbike if it was leaking fluid from any part of it.

As for the bus breaking down twice in a day, it is possible that the original issue was sorted however caused a fault to appear elsewhere.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

mb134

06 Apr 2018, 12:09 pm #40
(06 Apr 2018, 9:16 am)OrangeArrow49 You appear to have replied to the wrong person.

Thank you.

So is every break down now entirely the fault of the company that operates the vehicle? 

When it was allocated in the morning, it wouldn't have been done so with the knowledge it would break down. Preventative maintenance can only go so far. Equally, when it had been fixed, whatever that fix involved, it would not have been sent out if they thought it would fail again. 

(06 Apr 2018, 9:37 am)Andreos1 All hypothetical of course...

Was thinking about this yesterday, it seems as though the bus didn't need towed into the depot, and some fix was evidently carried out otherwise buzzers etc would still have been going off on the drive to wherever it started it's next journey, and until it broke.

Could they have patched it where it broke down, got it to the depot for a look and further repair. Then, when it was sent out again, either a similar fault manifested itself, or there was a more underlying reason that was causing the part(s) to fail?

If there was an underlying reason, that could result in a problem that can be caused by 15 other things, which has similar symptoms to a more common cause, then the repair would never work.

Again, like your post, all hypothetical...
mb134
06 Apr 2018, 12:09 pm #40

(06 Apr 2018, 9:16 am)OrangeArrow49 You appear to have replied to the wrong person.

Thank you.

So is every break down now entirely the fault of the company that operates the vehicle? 

When it was allocated in the morning, it wouldn't have been done so with the knowledge it would break down. Preventative maintenance can only go so far. Equally, when it had been fixed, whatever that fix involved, it would not have been sent out if they thought it would fail again. 

(06 Apr 2018, 9:37 am)Andreos1 All hypothetical of course...

Was thinking about this yesterday, it seems as though the bus didn't need towed into the depot, and some fix was evidently carried out otherwise buzzers etc would still have been going off on the drive to wherever it started it's next journey, and until it broke.

Could they have patched it where it broke down, got it to the depot for a look and further repair. Then, when it was sent out again, either a similar fault manifested itself, or there was a more underlying reason that was causing the part(s) to fail?

If there was an underlying reason, that could result in a problem that can be caused by 15 other things, which has similar symptoms to a more common cause, then the repair would never work.

Again, like your post, all hypothetical...

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 36 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average