Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: 2017/18 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2017/18 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2017/18 Financial Year Order Predictions

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4
pbjd

26 Jul 2018, 6:57 pm #61
(26 Jul 2018, 6:54 pm)Andreos1 Heard a story from a pretty accurate source, that Mercs will be arriving from at least one other Go-ahead division from next month.

I don't have any further details at this stage, but my guesses are that they will be replacing vehicles over the next period - rather than supplementing them.

I've also heard that from a source down London, who believes they'll be going on the Whey Aye Five O.
pbjd
26 Jul 2018, 6:57 pm #61

(26 Jul 2018, 6:54 pm)Andreos1 Heard a story from a pretty accurate source, that Mercs will be arriving from at least one other Go-ahead division from next month.

I don't have any further details at this stage, but my guesses are that they will be replacing vehicles over the next period - rather than supplementing them.

I've also heard that from a source down London, who believes they'll be going on the Whey Aye Five O.

Michael

26 Jul 2018, 7:20 pm #62
Where would the Scania Omnicites go?, the euro 5 Scania's can't be replaced until June 2019?
Edited 26 Jul 2018, 7:22 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jul 2018, 7:20 pm #62

Where would the Scania Omnicites go?, the euro 5 Scania's can't be replaced until June 2019?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

26 Jul 2018, 7:23 pm #63
(26 Jul 2018, 6:57 pm)pbjd I've also heard that from a source down London, who believes they'll be going on the Whey Aye Five O.

There may be more or others, but the ones I heard about are in this batch:
Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20180726_0001 (2).png
Size 94.31 KB / Downloads 78

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Jul 2018, 7:23 pm #63

(26 Jul 2018, 6:57 pm)pbjd I've also heard that from a source down London, who believes they'll be going on the Whey Aye Five O.

There may be more or others, but the ones I heard about are in this batch:

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20180726_0001 (2).png
Size 94.31 KB / Downloads 78

Michael

26 Jul 2018, 7:39 pm #64
(26 Jul 2018, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 There may be more or others, but the ones I heard about are in this batch:

Sure i counted 31?, if all 31 arrive, i would imagine its going to be next year, in the 2019/2020 financial year to replace the Scania's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jul 2018, 7:39 pm #64

(26 Jul 2018, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 There may be more or others, but the ones I heard about are in this batch:

Sure i counted 31?, if all 31 arrive, i would imagine its going to be next year, in the 2019/2020 financial year to replace the Scania's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

26 Jul 2018, 7:51 pm #65
(26 Jul 2018, 7:39 pm)Michael Sure i counted 31?, if all 31 arrive, i would imagine its going to be next year, in the 2019/2020 financial year to replace the Scania's.

They're available from next month apparently.
May as well use them, rather than leave them standing as a depreciating asset.
Saying that, I have no idea whether they will get an internal refurb or if they even need one.

I'm sure all will become clear in due course.

Andreos1
26 Jul 2018, 7:51 pm #65

(26 Jul 2018, 7:39 pm)Michael Sure i counted 31?, if all 31 arrive, i would imagine its going to be next year, in the 2019/2020 financial year to replace the Scania's.

They're available from next month apparently.
Saying that, I have no idea whether they will get an internal refurb or if they even need one.

Michael

26 Jul 2018, 8:24 pm #66
(26 Jul 2018, 7:51 pm)Andreos1 They're available from next month apparently.

They're from 2006/2007, so they might get a small refurb.

Unless some replace the Eclipses and 5229-5232?

But i can't see where the rest will go, unless Go North East are launching a new service(s).
Edited 26 Jul 2018, 8:25 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jul 2018, 8:24 pm #66

They're from 2006/2007, so they might get a small refurb.

But i can't see where the rest will go, unless Go North East are launching a new service(s).

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

27 Jul 2018, 9:23 am #67
(26 Jul 2018, 8:24 pm)Michael They're from 2006/2007, so they might get a small refurb.

http://eastnorfolkbus.blogspot.com/2017/...n.html?m=1

Done some digging and it appears they have spent some time with other divisions.
Also a photo of the interior.

Andreos1
27 Jul 2018, 9:23 am #67

(26 Jul 2018, 8:24 pm)Michael They're from 2006/2007, so they might get a small refurb.

http://eastnorfolkbus.blogspot.com/2017/...n.html?m=1

Done some digging and it appears they have spent some time with other divisions.
Also a photo of the interior.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm #68

Go South Coast MD Andrew Wickham confirmed on Twitter last week that Go North East would be receiving some of their Mercedes Citaros, and did quote their agreed availability as being August, but that they "could let some go before that if needed". Their withdrawal from the Go South Coast fleet coincides with the summer holidays, meaning the Unibus double-decks aren't required.

Sadly nothing too interesting - just more vehicles to assist with the newly-awarded Miscellaneous Works contracts from September. Go North East were awarded a number of single-deck boards and the life-expired Scania L94s which have clung on for a while now really need to be replaced rather than retained to operate these contracts. As such the condition of the Mercs doesn't really matter too much, and chances are they'll be left in Bluestar blue base livery (at least initially). Some have undergone refurbishment fairly recently at Bluestar, so also feature USB sockets. The entire Bluestar fleet is equipped with Wi-Fi (funded with the 'Better bus area' funding back in 2012), but it remains unclear whether this kit will be removed prior to their migration north.

We've had them listed on our fleet list since Andrew confirmed this on Twitter. They're the newer batch of 07-plates (still only Euro 4), rather than the ones which Go South Coast have previously loaned around the Group.
Dan
27 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm #68

Go South Coast MD Andrew Wickham confirmed on Twitter last week that Go North East would be receiving some of their Mercedes Citaros, and did quote their agreed availability as being August, but that they "could let some go before that if needed". Their withdrawal from the Go South Coast fleet coincides with the summer holidays, meaning the Unibus double-decks aren't required.

Sadly nothing too interesting - just more vehicles to assist with the newly-awarded Miscellaneous Works contracts from September. Go North East were awarded a number of single-deck boards and the life-expired Scania L94s which have clung on for a while now really need to be replaced rather than retained to operate these contracts. As such the condition of the Mercs doesn't really matter too much, and chances are they'll be left in Bluestar blue base livery (at least initially). Some have undergone refurbishment fairly recently at Bluestar, so also feature USB sockets. The entire Bluestar fleet is equipped with Wi-Fi (funded with the 'Better bus area' funding back in 2012), but it remains unclear whether this kit will be removed prior to their migration north.

We've had them listed on our fleet list since Andrew confirmed this on Twitter. They're the newer batch of 07-plates (still only Euro 4), rather than the ones which Go South Coast have previously loaned around the Group.

RM2186

27 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm #69
(27 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm)Dan Go South Coast MD Andrew Wickham confirmed on Twitter last week that Go North East would be receiving some of their Mercedes Citaros, and did quote their agreed availability as being August, but that they "could let some go before that if needed". Their withdrawal from the Go South Coast fleet coincides with the summer holidays, meaning the Unibus double-decks aren't required.

Shame they couldn't replace the highly unreliable Omnicity's on the 50/5
RM2186
27 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm #69

(27 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm)Dan Go South Coast MD Andrew Wickham confirmed on Twitter last week that Go North East would be receiving some of their Mercedes Citaros, and did quote their agreed availability as being August, but that they "could let some go before that if needed". Their withdrawal from the Go South Coast fleet coincides with the summer holidays, meaning the Unibus double-decks aren't required.

Shame they couldn't replace the highly unreliable Omnicity's on the 50/5

Michael

27 Jul 2018, 5:43 pm #70

Which services are those?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Jul 2018, 5:43 pm #70

Which services are those?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

park5354

27 Jul 2018, 8:17 pm #71

5481 should go to Deptford, allowing 5292 to go to Riverside as replacement for 5319.

Could also use some at Washington, to allow corporate omnicities into miscellaneous role.
park5354
27 Jul 2018, 8:17 pm #71

5481 should go to Deptford, allowing 5292 to go to Riverside as replacement for 5319.

Could also use some at Washington, to allow corporate omnicities into miscellaneous role.

Malarkey

27 Jul 2018, 8:38 pm #72
Will the Bluestar Mercs be brought up to Euro 5 like the rest of the Mercs in the fleet?
Malarkey
27 Jul 2018, 8:38 pm #72

Will the Bluestar Mercs be brought up to Euro 5 like the rest of the Mercs in the fleet?

BusLoverMum

27 Jul 2018, 11:18 pm #73
Disappointed that the 50 won't go merc, with the citaro being the only bus that can outcool the (actually hot, lately) omnis
BusLoverMum
27 Jul 2018, 11:18 pm #73

Disappointed that the 50 won't go merc, with the citaro being the only bus that can outcool the (actually hot, lately) omnis

Michael

28 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm #74
(27 Jul 2018, 8:38 pm)Malarkey Will the Bluestar Mercs be brought up to Euro 5 like the rest of the Mercs in the fleet?

Not sure, i'm sure the contracts are for Euro 4... although, if wrong, someone please correct me...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm #74

(27 Jul 2018, 8:38 pm)Malarkey Will the Bluestar Mercs be brought up to Euro 5 like the rest of the Mercs in the fleet?

Not sure, i'm sure the contracts are for Euro 4... although, if wrong, someone please correct me...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

28 Jul 2018, 12:32 pm #75

(28 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm)Michael Not sure, i'm sure the contracts are for Euro 4... although, if wrong, someone please correct me...

Given they are 2007 examples, they are already Euro5
Kuyoyo
28 Jul 2018, 12:32 pm #75

(28 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm)Michael Not sure, i'm sure the contracts are for Euro 4... although, if wrong, someone please correct me...

Given they are 2007 examples, they are already Euro5

citaro5284

28 Jul 2018, 12:56 pm #76
(28 Jul 2018, 12:32 pm)Kuyoyo Given they are 2007 examples, they are already Euro5

No they are not.....

We've had them listed on our fleet list since Andrew confirmed this on Twitter. They're the newer batch of 07-plates (still only Euro 4), rather than the ones which Go South Coast have previously loaned around the Group.
citaro5284
28 Jul 2018, 12:56 pm #76

(28 Jul 2018, 12:32 pm)Kuyoyo Given they are 2007 examples, they are already Euro5

No they are not.....

We've had them listed on our fleet list since Andrew confirmed this on Twitter. They're the newer batch of 07-plates (still only Euro 4), rather than the ones which Go South Coast have previously loaned around the Group.

pbjd

28 Jul 2018, 4:57 pm #77
(27 Jul 2018, 8:17 pm)park5354 5481 should go to Deptford, allowing 5292 to go to Riverside as replacement for 5319.

I thought 5292 went to Deptford to be their pride bus, and the spec of 5481-5487 doesn't seem too bad anyway.
pbjd
28 Jul 2018, 4:57 pm #77

(27 Jul 2018, 8:17 pm)park5354 5481 should go to Deptford, allowing 5292 to go to Riverside as replacement for 5319.

I thought 5292 went to Deptford to be their pride bus, and the spec of 5481-5487 doesn't seem too bad anyway.

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average