Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (40): Previous 138 39 40
Adrian

25 Aug 2022, 8:39 pm #781
(25 Aug 2022, 8:28 pm)Malarkey LNER & Nexus are currently in talks for staff to have discounted travel for all employees in Tyne & Wear on their respective services. Nexus had reportedly asked for Free Travel on LNER Services in initial discussions however this was rejected by LNER as Nexus weren't willing to do the same for LNER staff on Tyne & Wear Metro plus this would be more costly from a financial aspect for LNER.

There's already a corporate scheme that LNER employees could take advantage of, if LNER signed up to it: https://www.nexus.org.uk/corporate

I can't see any benefit to LNER on a mutual ticket acceptance basis. They have no obligation to cover the costs of their staff getting to/from work, and even if they wanted to, the cost of entering into that kind of arrangement is a lot greater than the benefit of it. Not to mention the potential tax obligations around it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Aug 2022, 8:39 pm #781

(25 Aug 2022, 8:28 pm)Malarkey LNER & Nexus are currently in talks for staff to have discounted travel for all employees in Tyne & Wear on their respective services. Nexus had reportedly asked for Free Travel on LNER Services in initial discussions however this was rejected by LNER as Nexus weren't willing to do the same for LNER staff on Tyne & Wear Metro plus this would be more costly from a financial aspect for LNER.

There's already a corporate scheme that LNER employees could take advantage of, if LNER signed up to it: https://www.nexus.org.uk/corporate

I can't see any benefit to LNER on a mutual ticket acceptance basis. They have no obligation to cover the costs of their staff getting to/from work, and even if they wanted to, the cost of entering into that kind of arrangement is a lot greater than the benefit of it. Not to mention the potential tax obligations around it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

26 Aug 2022, 1:28 pm #782
I don't think this is meant to be broadcast on a public forum
omnicity4659
26 Aug 2022, 1:28 pm #782

I don't think this is meant to be broadcast on a public forum

Malarkey

26 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm #783
(25 Aug 2022, 8:39 pm)Adrian There's already a corporate scheme that LNER employees could take advantage of, if LNER signed up to it: https://www.nexus.org.uk/corporate

I'd imagine that is what they are potentially looking at then but I think it has more to do with the cost of living crisis and providing some support to staff who use the Metro to/from work to save them some money, myself included now that I have started working for them this week. 
(26 Aug 2022, 1:28 pm)omnicity4659 I don't think this is meant to be broadcast on a public forum
It was discussed during intro to the business and what perks etc we get, I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed when this forum has openly discussed Go North East staff affairs in great detail for a number of months now particularly in a negative manner, nothing I have posted is in anyway negative and it is actually positive that LNER are looking to support it's staff financially when travelling to/from work.

Furthermore a handful of the 9-Car Azuma sets are having there Wifi upgraded as part of a trial to see how streaming services such as ITV Player work on them following complaints from customers that the connection always drops out leaving them unable to stream.
Malarkey
26 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm #783

(25 Aug 2022, 8:39 pm)Adrian There's already a corporate scheme that LNER employees could take advantage of, if LNER signed up to it: https://www.nexus.org.uk/corporate

I'd imagine that is what they are potentially looking at then but I think it has more to do with the cost of living crisis and providing some support to staff who use the Metro to/from work to save them some money, myself included now that I have started working for them this week. 
(26 Aug 2022, 1:28 pm)omnicity4659 I don't think this is meant to be broadcast on a public forum
It was discussed during intro to the business and what perks etc we get, I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed when this forum has openly discussed Go North East staff affairs in great detail for a number of months now particularly in a negative manner, nothing I have posted is in anyway negative and it is actually positive that LNER are looking to support it's staff financially when travelling to/from work.

Furthermore a handful of the 9-Car Azuma sets are having there Wifi upgraded as part of a trial to see how streaming services such as ITV Player work on them following complaints from customers that the connection always drops out leaving them unable to stream.

27 Aug 2022, 12:13 pm #784
(26 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm)Malarkey I'd imagine that is what they are potentially looking at then but I think it has more to do with the cost of living crisis and providing some support to staff who use the Metro to/from work to save them some money, myself included now that I have started working for them this week. 

I understand that, but you have publicly linked yourself to being an employee of LNER. I do know other people within the same department as you who have stated they're not allowed to discuss internal relations or news that haven't been made public.
omnicity4659
27 Aug 2022, 12:13 pm #784

(26 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm)Malarkey I'd imagine that is what they are potentially looking at then but I think it has more to do with the cost of living crisis and providing some support to staff who use the Metro to/from work to save them some money, myself included now that I have started working for them this week. 

I understand that, but you have publicly linked yourself to being an employee of LNER. I do know other people within the same department as you who have stated they're not allowed to discuss internal relations or news that haven't been made public.

Unber43

05 Jun 2023, 6:39 pm #785
Does anyone know which driver depot runs different LNER routes, or do they all just run every single routes are certain depots run certain routes like Bus depots?
Unber43
05 Jun 2023, 6:39 pm #785

Does anyone know which driver depot runs different LNER routes, or do they all just run every single routes are certain depots run certain routes like Bus depots?

Storx

06 Jun 2023, 8:14 am #786
(05 Jun 2023, 6:39 pm)Unber43 Does anyone know which driver depot runs different LNER routes, or do they all just run every single routes are certain depots run certain routes like Bus depots?

Trains are different as they can do bits, so different drivers from different depots can do bits of a same train. Rather than a bus where one driver does a whole train.

I couldn't tell you who does what though but there's 5 teams; Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds, Doncaster and London.

But for example for drivers out of Kings Cross, they'll do a train up to Newcastle, then swap trains and do another train back down to London whereas another driver at Newcastle will take over the run up to Edinburgh and back.
Storx
06 Jun 2023, 8:14 am #786

(05 Jun 2023, 6:39 pm)Unber43 Does anyone know which driver depot runs different LNER routes, or do they all just run every single routes are certain depots run certain routes like Bus depots?

Trains are different as they can do bits, so different drivers from different depots can do bits of a same train. Rather than a bus where one driver does a whole train.

I couldn't tell you who does what though but there's 5 teams; Newcastle, Edinburgh, Leeds, Doncaster and London.

But for example for drivers out of Kings Cross, they'll do a train up to Newcastle, then swap trains and do another train back down to London whereas another driver at Newcastle will take over the run up to Edinburgh and back.

06 Jun 2023, 11:14 am #787

They have certain routes that they know. Think they have to pretty much remember all the details of the route so it's a little bit more complicated then running bus routes. Rail Forums has a really good section on it with what depots run what routes. https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/dif...ds.205085/
deanmachine
06 Jun 2023, 11:14 am #787

They have certain routes that they know. Think they have to pretty much remember all the details of the route so it's a little bit more complicated then running bus routes. Rail Forums has a really good section on it with what depots run what routes. https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/dif...ds.205085/

DeltaMan

10 Oct 2023, 9:08 pm #788
Oh dear. It appears LNER have been issued with a breach notice by the DfT....

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...notice.pdf
DeltaMan
10 Oct 2023, 9:08 pm #788

Oh dear. It appears LNER have been issued with a breach notice by the DfT....

Storx

10 Oct 2023, 9:14 pm #789
(10 Oct 2023, 9:08 pm)DeltaMan Oh dear. It appears LNER have been issued with a breach notice by the DfT....

There's some stupid things in this world but that is up there. The DFT has effectively just gave itself a breach notice, absolutely madness.
Storx
10 Oct 2023, 9:14 pm #789

(10 Oct 2023, 9:08 pm)DeltaMan Oh dear. It appears LNER have been issued with a breach notice by the DfT....

There's some stupid things in this world but that is up there. The DFT has effectively just gave itself a breach notice, absolutely madness.

Andreos1

11 Nov 2023, 9:05 pm #790
Guessing these are to displace the last of the class 91's/Mk4's

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-67370072

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Nov 2023, 9:05 pm #790

Guessing these are to displace the last of the class 91's/Mk4's

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-67370072

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (40): Previous 138 39 40

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average