North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Your Travel Queries

Your Travel Queries

Your Travel Queries

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21): Previous 117 18 1921 Next
Jamie M
Unregistered

29 May 2016, 3:38 pm
(29 May 2016, 3:26 pm)NK53 TKT I think something outrageous like £3.90 or more, don't know for certain but a child single is £2.75 I think

For a 3 mile walk? Seems I'll be going by foot then!
Jamie M
29 May 2016, 3:38 pm #341

(29 May 2016, 3:26 pm)NK53 TKT I think something outrageous like £3.90 or more, don't know for certain but a child single is £2.75 I think

For a 3 mile walk? Seems I'll be going by foot then!

Tom
29 May 2016, 6:55 pm
No way is it £2.75 for a child single from Ashington to Newbiggin when it's £2.50 from Newcastle. I think it's something like £2.70 for a adult single.
Tom
29 May 2016, 6:55 pm #342

No way is it £2.75 for a child single from Ashington to Newbiggin when it's £2.50 from Newcastle. I think it's something like £2.70 for a adult single.

05 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm
Hello everyone

I may need to make a single journey between the Nissan factory to Newcastle tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows what the most cost effective fare would be for this trip. Many thanks Chris
twmetro4027
05 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm #343

Hello everyone

I may need to make a single journey between the Nissan factory to Newcastle tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows what the most cost effective fare would be for this trip. Many thanks Chris

05 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm
(05 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm)twmetro4027 Hello everyone

If you're going one way, then a single fare on the 56 will do the trick. I'd reckon it'd be around the £4.00 mark, but you're best off checking with Go North East in the morning.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm #344

(05 Jun 2016, 6:41 pm)twmetro4027 Hello everyone

If you're going one way, then a single fare on the 56 will do the trick. I'd reckon it'd be around the £4.00 mark, but you're best off checking with Go North East in the morning.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

05 Jun 2016, 7:04 pm
(05 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm)Adrian If you're going one way, then a single fare on the 56 will do the trick. I'd reckon it'd be around the £4.00 mark, but you're best off checking with Go North East in the morning.

Cheers for that. As I'm out early in the morning I think getting a single might be the most cost effective way for me if it is around the £4 mark
twmetro4027
05 Jun 2016, 7:04 pm #345

(05 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm)Adrian If you're going one way, then a single fare on the 56 will do the trick. I'd reckon it'd be around the £4.00 mark, but you're best off checking with Go North East in the morning.

Cheers for that. As I'm out early in the morning I think getting a single might be the most cost effective way for me if it is around the £4 mark

17 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm
If you book trains for specific journeys with connecting trains, if the first journey arrives late and makes you miss you're connecting train, can you get on a later train with a single for the train you missed? If not does that mean you have to buy another single.

Also if I get Off Peak Return can I travel on any train between Darlington and York even though various train sites don't advise me of connections, so instead of arriving in York with the suggested 8 minute connection could I get a train that would get me into York for say an hour before the next train providing I am travelling at Off Peak times?

Only ask as I don't like tight connections with trains.
Jimmi
17 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm #346

If you book trains for specific journeys with connecting trains, if the first journey arrives late and makes you miss you're connecting train, can you get on a later train with a single for the train you missed? If not does that mean you have to buy another single.

Also if I get Off Peak Return can I travel on any train between Darlington and York even though various train sites don't advise me of connections, so instead of arriving in York with the suggested 8 minute connection could I get a train that would get me into York for say an hour before the next train providing I am travelling at Off Peak times?

18 Jun 2016, 5:00 am
(17 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm)Jimmi If you book trains for specific journeys with connecting trains, if the first journey arrives late and makes you miss you're connecting train, can you get on a later train with a single for the train you missed? If not does that mean you have to buy another single.

When I have been delayed even with Advance tickets, I have just got on the next available train.  I think most of us buy Advance tickets as they are cheaper, so a guide to them is on the link below, and one of the conditions is 'If delays occur while travelling, you will be allowed to take the next available train(s) to complete your journey'

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...46546.aspx
citaro5284
18 Jun 2016, 5:00 am #347

(17 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm)Jimmi If you book trains for specific journeys with connecting trains, if the first journey arrives late and makes you miss you're connecting train, can you get on a later train with a single for the train you missed? If not does that mean you have to buy another single.

When I have been delayed even with Advance tickets, I have just got on the next available train.  I think most of us buy Advance tickets as they are cheaper, so a guide to them is on the link below, and one of the conditions is 'If delays occur while travelling, you will be allowed to take the next available train(s) to complete your journey'

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...46546.aspx

21 Jun 2016, 10:55 am
(17 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm)Jimmi Also if I get Off Peak Return can I travel on any train between Darlington and York even though various train sites don't advise me of connections, so instead of arriving in York with the suggested 8 minute connection could I get a train that would get me into York for say an hour before the next train providing I am travelling at Off Peak times?

Recommended connection times are only official guides - any flexible ticket (such as an Anytime or Off Peak) can be used on any valid journey on your ticket. Off Peak and Super Off Peak tickets can only be used on certain trains; usually after 0915 or 0930. Around the Thameslink area there's also restrictions out of St Pancras between 1600-1900 too but it's worth checking.

If you get an Advance ticket, the booking site will not let you get a journey below the recommended connection time - ie the given time taken to walk from the two furthest platforms.

If you don't like tight connections you'd be no hope with me!!! That's the fun in it. Done various +1 minute connections and even relied on late running to make some. All part of the fun Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
21 Jun 2016, 10:55 am #348

(17 Jun 2016, 10:00 pm)Jimmi Also if I get Off Peak Return can I travel on any train between Darlington and York even though various train sites don't advise me of connections, so instead of arriving in York with the suggested 8 minute connection could I get a train that would get me into York for say an hour before the next train providing I am travelling at Off Peak times?

Recommended connection times are only official guides - any flexible ticket (such as an Anytime or Off Peak) can be used on any valid journey on your ticket. Off Peak and Super Off Peak tickets can only be used on certain trains; usually after 0915 or 0930. Around the Thameslink area there's also restrictions out of St Pancras between 1600-1900 too but it's worth checking.

If you get an Advance ticket, the booking site will not let you get a journey below the recommended connection time - ie the given time taken to walk from the two furthest platforms.

If you don't like tight connections you'd be no hope with me!!! That's the fun in it. Done various +1 minute connections and even relied on late running to make some. All part of the fun Smile

21 Jun 2016, 11:12 am
(21 Jun 2016, 10:55 am)northern156 Recommended connection times are only official guides - any flexible ticket (such as an Anytime or Off Peak) can be used on any valid journey on your ticket. Off Peak and Super Off Peak tickets can only be used on certain trains; usually after 0915 or 0930. Around the Thameslink area there's also restrictions out of St Pancras between 1600-1900 too but it's worth checking.

Thanks,

Heading away for a few days next week and I have a changeover in York and was hoping to get a slightly earlier train so I can get some lunch and doing some bus spotting in York before continuing on with my journey.

I've had a few close shaves with connections, nearly missed a connecting train in Doncaster one day, also had a late running TransPennine service one day from Dewsbury which made a connection at York pretty tight but fortunately the connecting train was late as well which gave me an opportunity to get a slightly naff photo of Tornado, but the one that always goes wrong is the CrossCountry service that should arrive in Darlington at 19:32 on a Saturday, nearly always have to run to Darlington Town Centre to catch the 19:45 5A home. I do admit it does add some fun and tension although pretty much every bus journey for me now has a zero minute connection as Arriva have screwed me over putting all my local services back 5 minutes.
Jimmi
21 Jun 2016, 11:12 am #349

(21 Jun 2016, 10:55 am)northern156 Recommended connection times are only official guides - any flexible ticket (such as an Anytime or Off Peak) can be used on any valid journey on your ticket. Off Peak and Super Off Peak tickets can only be used on certain trains; usually after 0915 or 0930. Around the Thameslink area there's also restrictions out of St Pancras between 1600-1900 too but it's worth checking.

Thanks,

Heading away for a few days next week and I have a changeover in York and was hoping to get a slightly earlier train so I can get some lunch and doing some bus spotting in York before continuing on with my journey.

I've had a few close shaves with connections, nearly missed a connecting train in Doncaster one day, also had a late running TransPennine service one day from Dewsbury which made a connection at York pretty tight but fortunately the connecting train was late as well which gave me an opportunity to get a slightly naff photo of Tornado, but the one that always goes wrong is the CrossCountry service that should arrive in Darlington at 19:32 on a Saturday, nearly always have to run to Darlington Town Centre to catch the 19:45 5A home. I do admit it does add some fun and tension although pretty much every bus journey for me now has a zero minute connection as Arriva have screwed me over putting all my local services back 5 minutes.

21 Jun 2016, 11:24 am
(21 Jun 2016, 11:12 am)Jimmi I've had a few close shaves with connections, nearly missed a connecting train in Doncaster one day, also had a late running TransPennine service one day from Dewsbury which made a connection at York pretty tight but fortunately the connecting train was late as well which gave me an opportunity to get a slightly naff photo of Tornado, but the one that always goes wrong is the CrossCountry service that should arrive in Darlington at 19:32 on a Saturday, nearly always have to run to Darlington Town Centre to catch the 19:45 5A home. I do admit it does add some fun and tension although pretty much every bus journey for me now has a zero minute connection as Arriva have screwed me over putting all my local services back 5 minutes.

Best policy for if you miss your booked service is go and speak to the guard/conductor/train manager, explain the circumstances and ask if you can use your ticket on their train.
That way if the answer is a no you're not going to get charged a brand new ticket and the more courteous/polite you are, the more likely the answer will be a yes.

northern156
21 Jun 2016, 11:24 am #350

(21 Jun 2016, 11:12 am)Jimmi I've had a few close shaves with connections, nearly missed a connecting train in Doncaster one day, also had a late running TransPennine service one day from Dewsbury which made a connection at York pretty tight but fortunately the connecting train was late as well which gave me an opportunity to get a slightly naff photo of Tornado, but the one that always goes wrong is the CrossCountry service that should arrive in Darlington at 19:32 on a Saturday, nearly always have to run to Darlington Town Centre to catch the 19:45 5A home. I do admit it does add some fun and tension although pretty much every bus journey for me now has a zero minute connection as Arriva have screwed me over putting all my local services back 5 minutes.

Best policy for if you miss your booked service is go and speak to the guard/conductor/train manager, explain the circumstances and ask if you can use your ticket on their train.
That way if the answer is a no you're not going to get charged a brand new ticket and the more courteous/polite you are, the more likely the answer will be a yes.

12 Sep 2016, 11:31 am
Hi,

I had train tickets booked for Edinburgh on Saturday just gone but I had to change the date I wished to travel. I think it was said that for this new date I would need the tickets for the original date but unfortunately I didn't get the original tickets from the machine and the date has now passed so now I am concerned that I will be unable to travel on my new date in October with the tickets I have.

Help!
Jimmi
12 Sep 2016, 11:31 am #351

Hi,

I had train tickets booked for Edinburgh on Saturday just gone but I had to change the date I wished to travel. I think it was said that for this new date I would need the tickets for the original date but unfortunately I didn't get the original tickets from the machine and the date has now passed so now I am concerned that I will be unable to travel on my new date in October with the tickets I have.

Help!

12 Sep 2016, 6:54 pm
(12 Sep 2016, 11:31 am)Jimmi Hi,

Help!

Call VTEC (assuming you booked with them) and then if nothig happens you may need to re book
NK53 TKT
12 Sep 2016, 6:54 pm #352

(12 Sep 2016, 11:31 am)Jimmi Hi,

Help!

Call VTEC (assuming you booked with them) and then if nothig happens you may need to re book

16 Oct 2016, 1:31 pm
I've had a think and had a quick look, but drawn a blank.

Is it possible to get 'around' Boro using an Explorer - without actually using the bus station?As an example Redcar - Guisborough and then on to Stokesley and say Stockton.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Oct 2016, 1:31 pm #353

I've had a think and had a quick look, but drawn a blank.

Is it possible to get 'around' Boro using an Explorer - without actually using the bus station?As an example Redcar - Guisborough and then on to Stokesley and say Stockton.

16 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm
(16 Oct 2016, 1:31 pm)Andreos1 I've had a think and had a quick look, but drawn a blank.

If you wanted to do Redcar - Stockton without going into Middlesbrough Bus Station, best way would probably be get the 63 from Redcar to Linthorpe Village bus stop on Linthorpe Road then get the 17A to Stockton.
Jimmi
16 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm #354

(16 Oct 2016, 1:31 pm)Andreos1 I've had a think and had a quick look, but drawn a blank.

If you wanted to do Redcar - Stockton without going into Middlesbrough Bus Station, best way would probably be get the 63 from Redcar to Linthorpe Village bus stop on Linthorpe Road then get the 17A to Stockton.

16 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm
(16 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm)Jimmi If you wanted to do Redcar - Stockton without going into Middlesbrough Bus Station, best way would probably be get the 63 from Redcar to Linthorpe Village bus stop on Linthorpe Road then get the 17A to Stockton.

Cheers. Was looking in the wrong place. 
Thought Guisborough would have been the place to go.

Andreos1
16 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm #355

(16 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm)Jimmi If you wanted to do Redcar - Stockton without going into Middlesbrough Bus Station, best way would probably be get the 63 from Redcar to Linthorpe Village bus stop on Linthorpe Road then get the 17A to Stockton.

Cheers. Was looking in the wrong place. 

16 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm
(16 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm)Andreos1 Cheers. Was looking in the wrong place. 
There is probably other ways of doing it by using other stops within Middlesbrough but I don't really know all the routes down there.
Jimmi
16 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm #356

(16 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm)Andreos1 Cheers. Was looking in the wrong place. 
There is probably other ways of doing it by using other stops within Middlesbrough but I don't really know all the routes down there.

23 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm
Hoping to tap into the group's collective knowledge here -

I'm organising transport for a group of 30 people for a 40 mile journey, returning the next day. 

So far been quoted £400 for coach hire, does this sound about right?
James101
23 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm #357

Hoping to tap into the group's collective knowledge here -

I'm organising transport for a group of 30 people for a 40 mile journey, returning the next day. 

28 Dec 2016, 10:37 am
(23 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm)James101 Hoping to tap into the group's collective knowledge here -

Doesn't sound too far off to be honest. Two days hire with a dead journey either side to return to base.
tyresmoke
28 Dec 2016, 10:37 am #358

(23 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm)James101 Hoping to tap into the group's collective knowledge here -

Doesn't sound too far off to be honest. Two days hire with a dead journey either side to return to base.

31 Dec 2016, 8:46 am
Quick question on local ticket validity for all you knowledgeable folks - I was using a "Network One Day Rover" between Whitley Bay and Monkseaton but the driver stated that it wasn't valid on the 57, even the bit inside Tyne and Wear. He also said he'd specifically asked about the validity in the past, and had it confirmed. This doesn't seem to make sense, as the ticket is supposed to be valid on all the "Big Three" for journeys within the boundary, even on routes that then go outside. Unfortunately the Nexus web site doesn't seem to have a clear section on the exact terms and conditions for the ticket. Any thoughts?
Ianthegoon
31 Dec 2016, 8:46 am #359

Quick question on local ticket validity for all you knowledgeable folks - I was using a "Network One Day Rover" between Whitley Bay and Monkseaton but the driver stated that it wasn't valid on the 57, even the bit inside Tyne and Wear. He also said he'd specifically asked about the validity in the past, and had it confirmed. This doesn't seem to make sense, as the ticket is supposed to be valid on all the "Big Three" for journeys within the boundary, even on routes that then go outside. Unfortunately the Nexus web site doesn't seem to have a clear section on the exact terms and conditions for the ticket. Any thoughts?

31 Dec 2016, 9:05 am
(31 Dec 2016, 8:46 am)Ianthegoon Quick question on local ticket validity for all you knowledgeable folks - I was using a "Network One Day Rover" between Whitley Bay and Monkseaton but the driver stated that it wasn't valid on the 57, even the bit inside Tyne and Wear.  He also said he'd specifically asked about the validity in the past, and had it confirmed.  This doesn't seem to make sense, as the ticket is supposed to be valid on all the "Big Three" for journeys within the boundary, even on routes that then go outside.  Unfortunately the Nexus web site doesn't seem to have a clear section on the exact terms and conditions for the ticket.  Any thoughts?

http://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/explorer/
http://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/day-rover/
There's a little more detail there. No mention of not being valid on the 57.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2016, 9:05 am #360

(31 Dec 2016, 8:46 am)Ianthegoon Quick question on local ticket validity for all you knowledgeable folks - I was using a "Network One Day Rover" between Whitley Bay and Monkseaton but the driver stated that it wasn't valid on the 57, even the bit inside Tyne and Wear.  He also said he'd specifically asked about the validity in the past, and had it confirmed.  This doesn't seem to make sense, as the ticket is supposed to be valid on all the "Big Three" for journeys within the boundary, even on routes that then go outside.  Unfortunately the Nexus web site doesn't seem to have a clear section on the exact terms and conditions for the ticket.  Any thoughts?

http://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/explorer/
http://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/day-rover/
There's a little more detail there. No mention of not being valid on the 57.

Pages (21): Previous 117 18 1921 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average