Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era What's new?

What's new?

What's new?

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Tom

26 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm #41
(26 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm)Dan Dextrovert sent us clear photographs of the files he has contributed towards the Bygone Era and cropped them down a little too so that it's just the timetable/page that is shown.
dan@northeastbuses.co.uk is the place you need to send 'em to after that - mark it with Bygone Era so I can find them when I eventually get round to sorting it out though. :p

No problem! Smile
Tom
26 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm #41

(26 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm)Dan Dextrovert sent us clear photographs of the files he has contributed towards the Bygone Era and cropped them down a little too so that it's just the timetable/page that is shown.
dan@northeastbuses.co.uk is the place you need to send 'em to after that - mark it with Bygone Era so I can find them when I eventually get round to sorting it out though. :p

No problem! Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Nov 2013, 9:37 pm #42
Update: 27/11/13

Hey, I'm getting good at this - aren't I? Wink

In this update, we see the introduction of a new thread: "Tyne & Wear Bus Strategy - Quality Contracts Scheme". As the consultation for the scheme has now ended, all consultation responses are available on Nexus' website. As such, we have archived the .pdf files for historical viewing, as it is highly unlikely that Nexus will host the documents on their website forever. A further 50 files have been collected towards the thread's expansion so far. I endeavour to get these uploaded as soon as possible, and in the mean time, feel free to PM me with further content.
Dan
27 Nov 2013, 9:37 pm #42

Update: 27/11/13

Hey, I'm getting good at this - aren't I? Wink

In this update, we see the introduction of a new thread: "Tyne & Wear Bus Strategy - Quality Contracts Scheme". As the consultation for the scheme has now ended, all consultation responses are available on Nexus' website. As such, we have archived the .pdf files for historical viewing, as it is highly unlikely that Nexus will host the documents on their website forever. A further 50 files have been collected towards the thread's expansion so far. I endeavour to get these uploaded as soon as possible, and in the mean time, feel free to PM me with further content.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm #43
Update: 12/12/13

As the year draws to a close and I'm off for my Christmas holidays, it seemed appropriate to give the Bygone Era an update that was well due.

This update sees the reconstruction of the "Stagecoach North East - Busways, Transit, Economic, Favourite" thread so that it is in the format which Brandon introduced to a number of threads which had a great deal of content.

Following on from a thread which was added to the "Stagecoach North East" section of the forum last night containing a fleet list dating back to October 2003, latterly leading to a suggestion of archiving the material contained within the thread, Richard Smiles has shared further content with me via e-mail so that it could be archived on the public domain, for all to see and download providing they are members of the North East Buses forum.

It is with my pleasure therefore to introduce the Fleet Lists & Allocation post to the aforementioned reconstructed Stagecoach North East and former identities thread in the Bygone Era. All of Richard's fleet lists (dating back to 1985!) complement the fleet allocation dating back to 1997 which cbma06 sent to us originally upon original thread creation.
This section now contains 100 files, with more soon to be added. We have a complete monthly set of updated fleet lists from 2011 to add, and further fleet lists which were updated somewhat more irregularly from the early 2000s, similar to those under the 2001 header for Tees.

May I take this opportunity to thank Richard Smiles once more on behalf of the entire community for contributing these files to the Bygone Era. It's much appreciated, and will certainly help towards the "Vehicle History" section of North East Buses' fleet lists too. A win/win situation for both enthusiasts which follow the past, present and future of the Stagecoach North East fleet.

Dan
Dan
12 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm #43

Update: 12/12/13

As the year draws to a close and I'm off for my Christmas holidays, it seemed appropriate to give the Bygone Era an update that was well due.

This update sees the reconstruction of the "Stagecoach North East - Busways, Transit, Economic, Favourite" thread so that it is in the format which Brandon introduced to a number of threads which had a great deal of content.

Following on from a thread which was added to the "Stagecoach North East" section of the forum last night containing a fleet list dating back to October 2003, latterly leading to a suggestion of archiving the material contained within the thread, Richard Smiles has shared further content with me via e-mail so that it could be archived on the public domain, for all to see and download providing they are members of the North East Buses forum.

It is with my pleasure therefore to introduce the Fleet Lists & Allocation post to the aforementioned reconstructed Stagecoach North East and former identities thread in the Bygone Era. All of Richard's fleet lists (dating back to 1985!) complement the fleet allocation dating back to 1997 which cbma06 sent to us originally upon original thread creation.
This section now contains 100 files, with more soon to be added. We have a complete monthly set of updated fleet lists from 2011 to add, and further fleet lists which were updated somewhat more irregularly from the early 2000s, similar to those under the 2001 header for Tees.

May I take this opportunity to thank Richard Smiles once more on behalf of the entire community for contributing these files to the Bygone Era. It's much appreciated, and will certainly help towards the "Vehicle History" section of North East Buses' fleet lists too. A win/win situation for both enthusiasts which follow the past, present and future of the Stagecoach North East fleet.

Dan

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2018, 7:09 pm #44
It's been four years since the last update in this thread, and now that the re-creation of the new-look Archive is well underway, we're going to resurrect this thread to provide more regular updates of what's new to the Archive. We've now got over 750 files on the Archive, with plenty more to be added over the coming months.

What's New: 14/01/2018

All of the existing timetables on Go North East's website, some of which are due to change from 28th January 2018, have now been uploaded to the Archive. These timetables are predominantly from 2017, though some are marginally older than that.

23 Tyne & Wear PTE files have been uploaded - these are:
  • Local Service Guide - Gateshead and Felling - 1981
  • Newcastle Services - Fare Tables - 1973
  • Local Service Guide - Newcastle - 1981
  • Local Service Guide - Newcastle - 1984
  • Newcastle Service Revisions - 1975
  • Works services in Newcastle
  • North Bridge Street changes - Sunderland - 1978
  • Local Service Guide - North Tyneside - 1981
  • Ryton and Crawcrook service changes - 1983
  • Local Service Guide - South Tyneside - 1984
  • Sunderland District - Bus & Rail Route Map - 1978
  • Sunderland Service Guide - 1986
  • Sunderland Town Bus Services - 1973
  • 138 (Sunderland - Hollycarrside) timetable
  • 34/35/79 (Denton Square - Wallsend) timetable
  • 41 (Eldon Square - Freeman Hospital) timetable
  • 49 (Central Station - Kingston Park) timetable
  • 57 (Gateshead Metro - Heworth Metro) timetable
  • 58/59 (Wardley - Heworth - Leam Lane - Gateshead - Dunston) timetable
  • 612, 638/639, 641 (Newcastle - Ryton - Winlaton - Sunderland) timetable
  • Metroline 3 (Haymarket - Tynemouth via Benton) timetable
  • 135/136 (Sunderland Circular) timetable
  • Shields Ferry - 1967 timetable

If you're interested in viewing any of the above content, click here and use the search facility, using some of the terms above.
Dan
15 Jan 2018, 7:09 pm #44

It's been four years since the last update in this thread, and now that the re-creation of the new-look Archive is well underway, we're going to resurrect this thread to provide more regular updates of what's new to the Archive. We've now got over 750 files on the Archive, with plenty more to be added over the coming months.

What's New: 14/01/2018

All of the existing timetables on Go North East's website, some of which are due to change from 28th January 2018, have now been uploaded to the Archive. These timetables are predominantly from 2017, though some are marginally older than that.

23 Tyne & Wear PTE files have been uploaded - these are:

• Local Service Guide - Gateshead and Felling - 1981
  • Newcastle Services - Fare Tables - 1973
  • Local Service Guide - Newcastle - 1981
  • Local Service Guide - Newcastle - 1984
  • Newcastle Service Revisions - 1975
  • Works services in Newcastle
  • North Bridge Street changes - Sunderland - 1978
  • Local Service Guide - North Tyneside - 1981
  • Ryton and Crawcrook service changes - 1983
  • Local Service Guide - South Tyneside - 1984
  • Sunderland District - Bus & Rail Route Map - 1978
  • Sunderland Service Guide - 1986
  • Sunderland Town Bus Services - 1973
  • 138 (Sunderland - Hollycarrside) timetable
  • 34/35/79 (Denton Square - Wallsend) timetable
  • 41 (Eldon Square - Freeman Hospital) timetable
  • 49 (Central Station - Kingston Park) timetable
  • 57 (Gateshead Metro - Heworth Metro) timetable
  • 58/59 (Wardley - Heworth - Leam Lane - Gateshead - Dunston) timetable
  • 612, 638/639, 641 (Newcastle - Ryton - Winlaton - Sunderland) timetable
  • Metroline 3 (Haymarket - Tynemouth via Benton) timetable
  • 135/136 (Sunderland Circular) timetable
  • Shields Ferry - 1967 timetable

If you're interested in viewing any of the above content, click here and use the search facility, using some of the terms above.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm #45
What's New: 16/03/2018

No update for quite a while, but managed to upload something this evening. It's a network guide for the Venture Transport Co., dating back to August 1963.
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/item.php?id=778
Dan
16 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm #45

What's New: 16/03/2018

No update for quite a while, but managed to upload something this evening. It's a network guide for the Venture Transport Co., dating back to August 1963.

Jamie M

Unregistered

21 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm #46
(16 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm)Dan What's New: 16/03/2018

[Image: unknown.png]

It no worky for me  Undecided
Jamie M
21 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm #46

(16 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm)Dan What's New: 16/03/2018

[Image: unknown.png]

It no worky for me  Undecided

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm #47
(21 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm)Jamie M It no worky for me  Undecided

Not sure why, but it's disappeared... Will have a look into it.
Dan
21 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm #47

(21 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm)Jamie M It no worky for me  Undecided

Not sure why, but it's disappeared... Will have a look into it.

24 Mar 2019, 8:56 pm #48
Not sure where to put this so mods feel free to move if this is the wrong place.

This is a plea for help - if anyone has access to any old Busways or TWPTE local transport guides/maps please can you get in touch via private message if you can help populate a new feature I’m trying to develop for my website, tracking the history of Busways services over the years. I’m starting with Sunderland but will cover Shields and Newcastle over time. I’ve got various gaps I need to try to find info/dates/routes for – rather than me clogging the forum with lists of questions though please just get in touch if you can help.

Likewise, it would be great to illustrate it with photos so if you have any Busways photos I could include (either directly or embedding from e.g. flickr) please also drop me a message.

Thanks in advance!
stagecoachbusdepot
24 Mar 2019, 8:56 pm #48

Not sure where to put this so mods feel free to move if this is the wrong place.

This is a plea for help - if anyone has access to any old Busways or TWPTE local transport guides/maps please can you get in touch via private message if you can help populate a new feature I’m trying to develop for my website, tracking the history of Busways services over the years. I’m starting with Sunderland but will cover Shields and Newcastle over time. I’ve got various gaps I need to try to find info/dates/routes for – rather than me clogging the forum with lists of questions though please just get in touch if you can help.

Likewise, it would be great to illustrate it with photos so if you have any Busways photos I could include (either directly or embedding from e.g. flickr) please also drop me a message.

Thanks in advance!

18 Sep 2020, 9:32 pm #49
Is the bygone era coming back?
Its saying "unable to handle request"

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
18 Sep 2020, 9:32 pm #49

Is the bygone era coming back?
Its saying "unable to handle request"

28 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm #50
How would i donate timetables to the Bygone Era Archive, the zip file size is too big to attach.

ASX_Terranova
28 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm #50

How would i donate timetables to the Bygone Era Archive, the zip file size is too big to attach.

MVK 500R

29 Dec 2021, 10:45 am #51
(28 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm)ASX_Terranova How would i donate timetables to the Bygone Era Archive, the zip file size is too big to attach.
Upload it to a cloud sharing site like Mega or Mediafire and share the link

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
MVK 500R
29 Dec 2021, 10:45 am #51

(28 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm)ASX_Terranova How would i donate timetables to the Bygone Era Archive, the zip file size is too big to attach.
Upload it to a cloud sharing site like Mega or Mediafire and share the link

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BusLoverMum

29 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm #52
Err... Another change! Can't find a link to unread messages and seem to end up at the start of any thread I click on.
BusLoverMum
29 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm #52

Err... Another change! Can't find a link to unread messages and seem to end up at the start of any thread I click on.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average