Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Model Buses

Model Buses

Model Buses

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (7) Previous 13 4 57 Next
Adrian

20 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm #61
Link seems to break. It's the angel B5LH/Gemini 2 model though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm #61

Link seems to break. It's the angel B5LH/Gemini 2 model though.

Malarkey

23 Nov 2014, 2:36 pm #62
(20 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm)aureolin http://www.ehattons.com/74002/Corgi_Coll...etail.aspx

Out now. Can't find it cheaper than £32.

From looking at Ehattons/Corgi Website they both have it down as Pre-Order/Coming Soon, And I havent seen any Photos on Flickr etc to show that it has indeed been Released, Ill be waiting until the New Year to get mine though.

Does anyone know if Tynemouth Market is any good for Model Buses, and is it cheap, also are there any other Markets Locally e.g. Durham which sells Model Buses, I was planning on going to the Tynemouth one Weekend before Christmas to see what they had available.
Malarkey
23 Nov 2014, 2:36 pm #62

(20 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm)aureolin http://www.ehattons.com/74002/Corgi_Coll...etail.aspx

Out now. Can't find it cheaper than £32.

From looking at Ehattons/Corgi Website they both have it down as Pre-Order/Coming Soon, And I havent seen any Photos on Flickr etc to show that it has indeed been Released, Ill be waiting until the New Year to get mine though.

Does anyone know if Tynemouth Market is any good for Model Buses, and is it cheap, also are there any other Markets Locally e.g. Durham which sells Model Buses, I was planning on going to the Tynemouth one Weekend before Christmas to see what they had available.

Malarkey

24 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm #63
In an Update to the Angel Model Release, it hasnt been Released as of yet and not due for Release until the 13th December 2014
http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/ooc/releas...ngsoon.htm
Malarkey
24 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm #63

In an Update to the Angel Model Release, it hasnt been Released as of yet and not due for Release until the 13th December 2014

gtom

Banned

25 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm #64
(24 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm)NEBCD Malarkey In an Update to the Angel Model Release, it hasnt been Released as of yet and not due for Release until the 13th December 2014

When you order the Angel model....will they send two at once or a B7 instead?

*boom tish*
gtom
25 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm #64

(24 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm)NEBCD Malarkey In an Update to the Angel Model Release, it hasnt been Released as of yet and not due for Release until the 13th December 2014

When you order the Angel model....will they send two at once or a B7 instead?

*boom tish*

01 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm #65
I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel like the images of the Angel B5 model look a little bit 'plasticy'?

I honestly think it's just me, but it just doesn't look right to me and I can't explain it! haha
R852 PRG
01 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm #65

I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel like the images of the Angel B5 model look a little bit 'plasticy'?

I honestly think it's just me, but it just doesn't look right to me and I can't explain it! haha

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm #66
(01 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm)MarcTheA4 I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel like the images of the Angel B5 model look a little bit 'plasticy'?

I got the same impression from the interior of the bus.

At that price, I wouldn't expect there to be any mistakes... The interior is completely off though.
Dan
01 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm #66

(01 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm)MarcTheA4 I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel like the images of the Angel B5 model look a little bit 'plasticy'?

I got the same impression from the interior of the bus.

At that price, I wouldn't expect there to be any mistakes... The interior is completely off though.

Malarkey

01 Dec 2014, 11:11 pm #67
(01 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan I got the same impression from the interior of the bus.

I would think Images of the Model were of a Unfinished Pre-Production Sample, The shell of the Model should be Metal or Resin and the Interior has always been Plastic of some sort, I do see where your coming from though, as the seating to me looks to shaped wrong but I guess it would be pretty hard to mold it to perfection, Nevertheless I think the Model itself looks Fantastic even it is a B9TL and not a B5LH.
Malarkey
01 Dec 2014, 11:11 pm #67

(01 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan I got the same impression from the interior of the bus.

I would think Images of the Model were of a Unfinished Pre-Production Sample, The shell of the Model should be Metal or Resin and the Interior has always been Plastic of some sort, I do see where your coming from though, as the seating to me looks to shaped wrong but I guess it would be pretty hard to mold it to perfection, Nevertheless I think the Model itself looks Fantastic even it is a B9TL and not a B5LH.

Adrian

10 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm #68
(01 Dec 2014, 11:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I would think Images of the Model were of a Unfinished Pre-Production Sample, The shell of the Model should be Metal or Resin and the Interior has always been Plastic of some sort, I do see where your coming from though, as the seating to me looks to shaped wrong but I guess it would be pretty hard to mold it to perfection, Nevertheless I think the Model itself looks Fantastic even it is a B9TL and not a B5LH.

It's not even the shape that is the half of it. I've spotted 10 differences at a glance, so I've sent a pre-sales question into Corgi.

"Hello,

I'm looking to order the OM46505A Go North East Volvo B5LH/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 model in Angel livery, but noticed a number of issues with the design, from the photos provided on your website. A number of people have pointed out to me that the model photographed is probably a prototype, and the actual release won't contain these irregularities. I'd certainly hope not for £38.99 anyway.

The best way to judge is to perhaps compare it to an actual photo of bus number 6067 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N08/8203771280/

1) The 'Go North East' logo on the right of the doors on the model, doesn't actually appear on the actual bus. This appears on the offside instead.

2) The outline of the angel of the north on the model is the same tone of green used on the lower part of the bus. On the real bus, this is a much darker green, which stands out even on the lower part of the bus.

3) On the real bus, the left most part of the tyne bridge is absorbed into the nearside rear wheel arch. On the model, it appears to come out of the other end.

4) The engine bay vent to the rear of the vehicle is a long rectangular shape. The model shows a small square shape.

5) The door entry, and wheelchair user ramp call button, appear to be missing near the doors.

6) The exterior CCTV camera is missing near the 'angel' wording, above the lower deck windows.

7) The fleet number is missing from the upper windscreen.

8) The forward facing seats on the lower deck, over the rear wheel arch, on both sides, do not have the 'red' headrests, as shown on the model.

9) The bus only has three rear seats on the lower deck, due to the Hybrid engine bay taking the place of the two to the nearside, but the model shows five.

10) A row of seats appears to be missing from the model, just behind the nearside front wheel arch.

Look forward to your response."

Adrian
10 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm #68

(01 Dec 2014, 11:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I would think Images of the Model were of a Unfinished Pre-Production Sample, The shell of the Model should be Metal or Resin and the Interior has always been Plastic of some sort, I do see where your coming from though, as the seating to me looks to shaped wrong but I guess it would be pretty hard to mold it to perfection, Nevertheless I think the Model itself looks Fantastic even it is a B9TL and not a B5LH.

It's not even the shape that is the half of it. I've spotted 10 differences at a glance, so I've sent a pre-sales question into Corgi.

"Hello,

I'm looking to order the OM46505A Go North East Volvo B5LH/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 model in Angel livery, but noticed a number of issues with the design, from the photos provided on your website. A number of people have pointed out to me that the model photographed is probably a prototype, and the actual release won't contain these irregularities. I'd certainly hope not for £38.99 anyway.

The best way to judge is to perhaps compare it to an actual photo of bus number 6067 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N08/8203771280/

1) The 'Go North East' logo on the right of the doors on the model, doesn't actually appear on the actual bus. This appears on the offside instead.

2) The outline of the angel of the north on the model is the same tone of green used on the lower part of the bus. On the real bus, this is a much darker green, which stands out even on the lower part of the bus.

3) On the real bus, the left most part of the tyne bridge is absorbed into the nearside rear wheel arch. On the model, it appears to come out of the other end.

4) The engine bay vent to the rear of the vehicle is a long rectangular shape. The model shows a small square shape.

5) The door entry, and wheelchair user ramp call button, appear to be missing near the doors.

6) The exterior CCTV camera is missing near the 'angel' wording, above the lower deck windows.

8) The forward facing seats on the lower deck, over the rear wheel arch, on both sides, do not have the 'red' headrests, as shown on the model.

9) The bus only has three rear seats on the lower deck, due to the Hybrid engine bay taking the place of the two to the nearside, but the model shows five.

10) A row of seats appears to be missing from the model, just behind the nearside front wheel arch.

Malarkey

10 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm #69
(10 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm)aureolin It's not even the shape that is the half of it. I've spotted 10 differences at a glance, so I've sent a pre-sales question into Corgi.

"Hello,

Spot the difference was never a strong point of mine Wink.

But having had those differences pointed out to me now, I can where you are coming from.
Malarkey
10 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm #69

(10 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm)aureolin It's not even the shape that is the half of it. I've spotted 10 differences at a glance, so I've sent a pre-sales question into Corgi.

"Hello,

Spot the difference was never a strong point of mine Wink.

But having had those differences pointed out to me now, I can where you are coming from.

10 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm #70
To be honest, now that you've pointed it out Adrian - I wouldn't even pay £20 for what that pre-production sample looks like!!

Fair enough it may be a pre-production sample, but it's like they've taken a standard Gemini 2 and just put it in the angel livery! - so many errors and they want £38.99 for it!
R852 PRG
10 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm #70

To be honest, now that you've pointed it out Adrian - I wouldn't even pay £20 for what that pre-production sample looks like!!

Fair enough it may be a pre-production sample, but it's like they've taken a standard Gemini 2 and just put it in the angel livery! - so many errors and they want £38.99 for it!

Adrian

10 Dec 2014, 7:17 pm #71
(10 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm)MarcTheA4 To be honest, now that you've pointed it out Adrian - I wouldn't even pay £20 for what that pre-production sample looks like!!

I honestly don't think it is a pre-production sample. I really don't mind paying that sort of price for a model that interests me, as the angel one does, but I resent manufacturers becoming lazy whilst reserving the right to charge top whack. It's not a production fault. It's lazy research.

Adrian
10 Dec 2014, 7:17 pm #71

(10 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm)MarcTheA4 To be honest, now that you've pointed it out Adrian - I wouldn't even pay £20 for what that pre-production sample looks like!!

I honestly don't think it is a pre-production sample. I really don't mind paying that sort of price for a model that interests me, as the angel one does, but I resent manufacturers becoming lazy whilst reserving the right to charge top whack. It's not a production fault. It's lazy research.

10 Dec 2014, 7:19 pm #72
(10 Dec 2014, 7:17 pm)aureolin I honestly don't think it is a pre-production sample. I really don't mind paying that sort of price for a model that interests me, as the angel one does, but I resent manufacturers becoming lazy whilst reserving the right to charge top whack. It's not a production fault. It's lazy research.

Looks quite computer generated to me! The front wheel looks a bit dodgy (could just be me!).

Same, I don't mind as I use the service regularly and have done for a number of years. Smile - but I do hope that the model that I receive in the post is better than what those photos show!
R852 PRG
10 Dec 2014, 7:19 pm #72

(10 Dec 2014, 7:17 pm)aureolin I honestly don't think it is a pre-production sample. I really don't mind paying that sort of price for a model that interests me, as the angel one does, but I resent manufacturers becoming lazy whilst reserving the right to charge top whack. It's not a production fault. It's lazy research.

Looks quite computer generated to me! The front wheel looks a bit dodgy (could just be me!).

Same, I don't mind as I use the service regularly and have done for a number of years. Smile - but I do hope that the model that I receive in the post is better than what those photos show!

Malarkey

10 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #73
Full set of Photos of the Angel Model
http://www.ehattons.com/74003/Corgi_Coll...etail.aspx
Malarkey
10 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm #73

Full set of Photos of the Angel Model

Adrian

10 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm #74
(10 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Full set of Photos of the Angel Model

Hatton's pages seem to 404 when you try and link to them, but here are the photos:

[Image: OM46505B_3078137_Qty1_1.jpg]

[Image: OM46505B_3078137_Qty1_2.jpg]

[Image: OM46505B_3078137_Qty1_3.jpg]

[Image: OM46505B_3078137_Qty1_ruler.jpg]

[Image: OM46505B_3078137_Qty1_box.jpg]

Adrian
10 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm #74

(10 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Full set of Photos of the Angel Model

Hatton's pages seem to 404 when you try and link to them, but here are the photos:

Malarkey

10 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm #75
(10 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm)aureolin Hatton's pages seem to 404 when you try and link to them, but here are the photos:

It works fine hence why I just posted the link, what are your thoughts on it now Aureolin, I noticed the Red Headrests are missing and it appears the Fleet Number might be on the Front Upper Deck Window though I could be wrong, obviously they got the rear correct despite still being on the Basis of a B9TL rather than a B5LH.
Malarkey
10 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm #75

(10 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm)aureolin Hatton's pages seem to 404 when you try and link to them, but here are the photos:

It works fine hence why I just posted the link, what are your thoughts on it now Aureolin, I noticed the Red Headrests are missing and it appears the Fleet Number might be on the Front Upper Deck Window though I could be wrong, obviously they got the rear correct despite still being on the Basis of a B9TL rather than a B5LH.

Adam

10 Dec 2014, 11:33 pm #76
Popped into Fenwick's on the way home from uni today (and then ended up going the wrong way and getting completely lost Sad ) to see if the new Angel model was in stock. It was, so I bought one. There are examples there of both the Newcastle and Durham destinations in stock, should you prefer one over the other. I personally went for the Newcastle option.

The bloke who served me at the till was saying that the models are selling fast.
Edited 10 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm by Adam.
Adam
10 Dec 2014, 11:33 pm #76

Popped into Fenwick's on the way home from uni today (and then ended up going the wrong way and getting completely lost Sad ) to see if the new Angel model was in stock. It was, so I bought one. There are examples there of both the Newcastle and Durham destinations in stock, should you prefer one over the other. I personally went for the Newcastle option.

The bloke who served me at the till was saying that the models are selling fast.

Adrian

10 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm #77
(10 Dec 2014, 11:33 pm)Adam Popped into Fenwick's on the way home from uni today (and then ended up going the wrong way and getting completely lost Sad ) to see if the new Angel model was in stock, and it was, so I've now bought mine. There are examples there of both the Newcastle and Durham destinations, should you prefer one of them. I personally went for the Newcastle option.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Adrian
10 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm #77

(10 Dec 2014, 11:33 pm)Adam Popped into Fenwick's on the way home from uni today (and then ended up going the wrong way and getting completely lost Sad ) to see if the new Angel model was in stock, and it was, so I've now bought mine. There are examples there of both the Newcastle and Durham destinations, should you prefer one of them. I personally went for the Newcastle option.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Adam

10 Dec 2014, 11:35 pm #78
(10 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm)aureolin How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

£38.99 I think it was
Adam
10 Dec 2014, 11:35 pm #78

(10 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm)aureolin How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

£38.99 I think it was

10 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm #79
I better get myself to Fenwick's on Saturday! Wink - suppose I can fit it in if I get a 100 or something to Blackett Street and take it from there! Smile

@Adam - how many models would you they were in stock when you went in? Could you see any other people in there buying them?
R852 PRG
10 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm #79

I better get myself to Fenwick's on Saturday! Wink - suppose I can fit it in if I get a 100 or something to Blackett Street and take it from there! Smile

@Adam - how many models would you they were in stock when you went in? Could you see any other people in there buying them?

Adam

10 Dec 2014, 11:44 pm #80
(10 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm)MarcTheA4 I better get myself to Fenwick's on Saturday! Wink - suppose I can fit it in if I get a 100 or something to Blackett Street and take it from there! Smile

I think there were about 8-10 models there on the shelves. I dare say there were more in the stock room. I was there at bang on 5pm, and I was the only one at the model bus section.
Adam
10 Dec 2014, 11:44 pm #80

(10 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm)MarcTheA4 I better get myself to Fenwick's on Saturday! Wink - suppose I can fit it in if I get a 100 or something to Blackett Street and take it from there! Smile

I think there were about 8-10 models there on the shelves. I dare say there were more in the stock room. I was there at bang on 5pm, and I was the only one at the model bus section.

Pages (7) Previous 13 4 57 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average