Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Problems accessing site

Problems accessing site

Problems accessing site

• 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average

Pages (8): 1 2 38 Next
Kuyoyo

15 May 2013, 8:43 am #1
Over the last two days, I have been unable to access the site at home using my BT boardband. It's only now, out and about using the 3G on my phone that I can access it. Could the admins please look into the problem?
Kuyoyo
15 May 2013, 8:43 am #1

Over the last two days, I have been unable to access the site at home using my BT boardband. It's only now, out and about using the 3G on my phone that I can access it. Could the admins please look into the problem?

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

15 May 2013, 10:22 am #2
Sorry you've been experiencing difficulties accessing the site Kuyoyo. What happens when you can't access the site? I myself on occasions encounter a *could not connect to northeastbuses* screen. I'm at work on my phone at the moment so theres not really much I can do now at my end until later tonight. We will try and get back to you later today with what could be the problem. Once again, apologies for this. Thanks.
NEB Admin Team
15 May 2013, 10:22 am #2

Sorry you've been experiencing difficulties accessing the site Kuyoyo. What happens when you can't access the site? I myself on occasions encounter a *could not connect to northeastbuses* screen. I'm at work on my phone at the moment so theres not really much I can do now at my end until later tonight. We will try and get back to you later today with what could be the problem. Once again, apologies for this. Thanks.

Kuyoyo

15 May 2013, 10:42 am #3
All I get is 'Internet Explorer cannot display this web page' on the laptop and 'server timed out' on my phone
Kuyoyo
15 May 2013, 10:42 am #3

All I get is 'Internet Explorer cannot display this web page' on the laptop and 'server timed out' on my phone

Malarkey

15 May 2013, 7:50 pm #4
The problem is too many users being on the server at any one time, i've have this problem all the time, I think it's mainly down to the amount of "Guest Users" who enter the site not the ones who are actually signed up to the Forum, the only other time I have a problem is when the site is having maintenance work done to make the site better. Otherwise I have zero problems.
Malarkey
15 May 2013, 7:50 pm #4

The problem is too many users being on the server at any one time, i've have this problem all the time, I think it's mainly down to the amount of "Guest Users" who enter the site not the ones who are actually signed up to the Forum, the only other time I have a problem is when the site is having maintenance work done to make the site better. Otherwise I have zero problems.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

15 May 2013, 7:53 pm #5
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the site at our end and you're certainly not banned Tongue

On occasions I'll see this screen where the request has timed-out. I can normally get back in within a few hours later or the next day. When this happens to me, it doesn't seem to affect anyone else.

[attachment=4432]

Unfortunately at this time all I can possibly suggest is that you try emptying your cache and/or using a different browser, but it may just be something that will work again on its own accord.

Please get back in touch if you continue experiencing problems, and once again apologies for the inconvenience.
NEB Admin Team
15 May 2013, 7:53 pm #5

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the site at our end and you're certainly not banned Tongue

On occasions I'll see this screen where the request has timed-out. I can normally get back in within a few hours later or the next day. When this happens to me, it doesn't seem to affect anyone else.

[attachment=4432]

Unfortunately at this time all I can possibly suggest is that you try emptying your cache and/or using a different browser, but it may just be something that will work again on its own accord.

Please get back in touch if you continue experiencing problems, and once again apologies for the inconvenience.

Kuyoyo

16 May 2013, 7:05 am #6
The problem was solved for all of 15 minutes last night. As for both suggestion, I have already tried both and nothing happened.
Kuyoyo
16 May 2013, 7:05 am #6

The problem was solved for all of 15 minutes last night. As for both suggestion, I have already tried both and nothing happened.

Kuyoyo

16 May 2013, 10:40 pm #7
Problem now seems to be solved.
Kuyoyo
16 May 2013, 10:40 pm #7

Problem now seems to be solved.

Adrian

17 May 2013, 7:31 pm #8
I personally find the Cloudflare caching service causes a few problems when the site fails over on to it (which is a lot more than you'd expect). This is when I'm at work, so I'm assuming it's down to the way our own aggressive caching service is configured internally.

One other thing I've noticed is that the DNS config for the site could do with a once-over. There are a few minor issues there that could do with correcting.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 May 2013, 7:31 pm #8

I personally find the Cloudflare caching service causes a few problems when the site fails over on to it (which is a lot more than you'd expect). This is when I'm at work, so I'm assuming it's down to the way our own aggressive caching service is configured internally.

One other thing I've noticed is that the DNS config for the site could do with a once-over. There are a few minor issues there that could do with correcting.

Malarkey

17 May 2013, 8:06 pm #9
I've been getting this the past 3 day when I've been trying to access the site.
Malarkey
17 May 2013, 8:06 pm #9

I've been getting this the past 3 day when I've been trying to access the site.

Adrian

17 May 2013, 10:17 pm #10
(17 May 2013, 8:06 pm)Adam Malarkey I've been getting this the past 3 day when I've been trying to access the site.

Been getting that for most of the last two hours. I tend to check here at the same time, which also reports the site as being 'down'.

Adrian
17 May 2013, 10:17 pm #10

(17 May 2013, 8:06 pm)Adam Malarkey I've been getting this the past 3 day when I've been trying to access the site.

Been getting that for most of the last two hours. I tend to check here at the same time, which also reports the site as being 'down'.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 May 2013, 1:53 pm #11
I must apologise on behalf of the administration team. We realise that we have been having an excessive amount of downtime lately.
This excessive downtime should be fixed in a few days, as our website is moving to a new server. Until then, downtime may be more frequent than it has been in the past.

If the result of the new server is not positive, alternative arrangements to pay for hosting and the likes may come sooner than we had first aspired.

Once again, we do apologise for matters out of our control.
Dan
20 May 2013, 1:53 pm #11

I must apologise on behalf of the administration team. We realise that we have been having an excessive amount of downtime lately.
This excessive downtime should be fixed in a few days, as our website is moving to a new server. Until then, downtime may be more frequent than it has been in the past.

If the result of the new server is not positive, alternative arrangements to pay for hosting and the likes may come sooner than we had first aspired.

Once again, we do apologise for matters out of our control.

Adrian

20 May 2013, 5:59 pm #12
(20 May 2013, 1:53 pm)Daniel If the result of the new server is not positive, alternative arrangements to pay for hosting and the likes may come sooner than we had first aspired.

If you guys get really stuck, feel free to give me a shout. I may be able to sort something out for you in terms of hosting.

Adrian
20 May 2013, 5:59 pm #12

(20 May 2013, 1:53 pm)Daniel If the result of the new server is not positive, alternative arrangements to pay for hosting and the likes may come sooner than we had first aspired.

If you guys get really stuck, feel free to give me a shout. I may be able to sort something out for you in terms of hosting.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 May 2013, 7:11 pm #13
(20 May 2013, 5:59 pm)aureolin

Thanks for the offer. If we need you, Liam will be in touch via PM Smile
I do think we'll be alright though. We're testing out something this evening. A few updates we had planned for this week are being held back until we've got a definite solution in mind.
Dan
20 May 2013, 7:11 pm #13

(20 May 2013, 5:59 pm)aureolin

Thanks for the offer. If we need you, Liam will be in touch via PM Smile
I do think we'll be alright though. We're testing out something this evening. A few updates we had planned for this week are being held back until we've got a definite solution in mind.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 May 2013, 9:04 pm #14
North East Buses is unfortunately going to experience some downtime overnight. This is planned to hopefully evade further downtime in the future.

Regular updates will be given on our Facebook page here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and hope that this is just a rocky stage we'll overcome!
Dan
20 May 2013, 9:04 pm #14

North East Buses is unfortunately going to experience some downtime overnight. This is planned to hopefully evade further downtime in the future.

Regular updates will be given on our Facebook page here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and hope that this is just a rocky stage we'll overcome!

Michael

09 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm #15
Im having problems logging to the site though my phone, its just started to happen.. everytime i go to log in it just goes back to the screen and hasn't logged in.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm #15

Im having problems logging to the site though my phone, its just started to happen.. everytime i go to log in it just goes back to the screen and hasn't logged in.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

09 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm #16
Tried clearing your cache?

Adrian
09 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm #16

Tried clearing your cache?

Michael

09 Jun 2013, 5:10 pm #17
(09 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm)aureolin Tried clearing your cache?

yeh =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2013, 5:10 pm #17

(09 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm)aureolin Tried clearing your cache?

yeh =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm #18
Which phone do you have and are you using an internal or external browser - the latter being a browser you would have had to download rather than it being there automatically (internal)?
Dan
09 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm #18

Which phone do you have and are you using an internal or external browser - the latter being a browser you would have had to download rather than it being there automatically (internal)?

Michael

09 Jun 2013, 5:59 pm #19
I got a galaxy S2, just normal internet... only start having problems today.. i cna just check on comp for new posts etc.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2013, 5:59 pm #19

I got a galaxy S2, just normal internet... only start having problems today.. i cna just check on comp for new posts etc.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

19 Jan 2014, 11:16 am #20
Same here, it just seem's to be today for me though

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Jan 2014, 11:16 am #20

Same here, it just seem's to be today for me though

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (8): 1 2 38 Next

• 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average