Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East 1438 NK10 CEX

1438 NK10 CEX

1438 NK10 CEX

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Mark66t

31 Jan 2023, 11:56 pm #1
Dose anyone know what's going on with 1438 at redcar since its road traffic indecent last year
Mark66t
31 Jan 2023, 11:56 pm #1

Dose anyone know what's going on with 1438 at redcar since its road traffic indecent last year

tyresmoke

05 Feb 2023, 11:34 am #2
(31 Jan 2023, 11:56 pm)Mark66t Dose anyone know what's going on with 1438 at redcar since its road traffic indecent last year

Currently away being repaired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
05 Feb 2023, 11:34 am #2

(31 Jan 2023, 11:56 pm)Mark66t Dose anyone know what's going on with 1438 at redcar since its road traffic indecent last year

Currently away being repaired

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Mike_98

22 Mar 2024, 5:02 pm #3
This has been out of service for nearly a month now. Only just realized as I wondered why I have not seen it for a while. I wonder what problems it's facing this time.
Mike_98
22 Mar 2024, 5:02 pm #3

This has been out of service for nearly a month now. Only just realized as I wondered why I have not seen it for a while. I wonder what problems it's facing this time.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Mar 2024, 8:11 pm #4
(22 Mar 2024, 5:02 pm)Mike_98 This has been out of service for nearly a month now. Only just realized as I wondered why I have not seen it for a while. I wonder what problems it's facing this time.

It was repainted today at Gardiners in Spennymoor.

Probably be returned to Arriva early next week.

Dan
22 Mar 2024, 8:11 pm #4

(22 Mar 2024, 5:02 pm)Mike_98 This has been out of service for nearly a month now. Only just realized as I wondered why I have not seen it for a while. I wonder what problems it's facing this time.

It was repainted today at Gardiners in Spennymoor.

Mike_98

22 Mar 2024, 8:18 pm #5
(22 Mar 2024, 8:11 pm)Dan It was repainted today at Gardiners in Spennymoor.

Ohh nice. What is it being repainted into ?
Mike_98
22 Mar 2024, 8:18 pm #5

(22 Mar 2024, 8:11 pm)Dan It was repainted today at Gardiners in Spennymoor.

Ohh nice. What is it being repainted into ?

Mark66t

22 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm #6
(22 Mar 2024, 8:18 pm)Mike_98 Ohh nice. What is it being repainted into ?

Probably the arriva journey mark
Mark66t
22 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm #6

Probably the arriva journey mark

Mike_98

23 Mar 2024, 1:24 am #7
(22 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm)Mark66t Probably the arriva journey mark

Most likely. Tbf it’s about time some of Redcars stuff gets re painted. Same with Stockton’s. Then again, I do love the Cotswold Stone, Interurban and Frequenta Liveries.
Mike_98
23 Mar 2024, 1:24 am #7

(22 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm)Mark66t Probably the arriva journey mark

Most likely. Tbf it’s about time some of Redcars stuff gets re painted. Same with Stockton’s. Then again, I do love the Cotswold Stone, Interurban and Frequenta Liveries.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Mar 2024, 6:22 am #8

Just the Frequenta base, as it was previously. Nearside accident damage repairs completed and repainted back to how it was.

Dan
23 Mar 2024, 6:22 am #8

Just the Frequenta base, as it was previously. Nearside accident damage repairs completed and repainted back to how it was.

Mike_98

23 Mar 2024, 7:38 am #9
(23 Mar 2024, 6:22 am)Dan Just the Frequenta base, as it was previously. Nearside accident damage repairs completed and repainted back to how it was.

Ahh that’s good to know then
Mike_98
23 Mar 2024, 7:38 am #9

(23 Mar 2024, 6:22 am)Dan Just the Frequenta base, as it was previously. Nearside accident damage repairs completed and repainted back to how it was.

Ahh that’s good to know then

Mike_98

26 Mar 2024, 3:43 pm #10
Don't know why, but according to Bus Times its being said that it's repainted into the Journey Mark Livery. Don't they only do that when they also install leather seats?
Mike_98
26 Mar 2024, 3:43 pm #10

Don't know why, but according to Bus Times its being said that it's repainted into the Journey Mark Livery. Don't they only do that when they also install leather seats?

27 Mar 2024, 12:30 am #11
(26 Mar 2024, 3:43 pm)Mike_98 Don't know why, but according to Bus Times its being said that it's repainted into the Journey Mark Livery. Don't they only do that when they also install leather seats?

1438 is still in Frequenta base livery, don’t know why people is saying it’s in new livery when it’s not

Spottybus
27 Mar 2024, 12:30 am #11

(26 Mar 2024, 3:43 pm)Mike_98 Don't know why, but according to Bus Times its being said that it's repainted into the Journey Mark Livery. Don't they only do that when they also install leather seats?

1438 is still in Frequenta base livery, don’t know why people is saying it’s in new livery when it’s not

Jimmi

27 Mar 2024, 1:46 pm #12
(27 Mar 2024, 12:30 am)Spottybus 1438 is still in Frequenta base livery, don’t know why people is saying it’s in new livery when it’s not

Because some make assumptions based on little to no facts, so end up with cases where they do 2 + 2 and end up with 5, often if anything has been MIA for more than a few days, then it must be getting a repaint.
Jimmi
27 Mar 2024, 1:46 pm #12

(27 Mar 2024, 12:30 am)Spottybus 1438 is still in Frequenta base livery, don’t know why people is saying it’s in new livery when it’s not

Because some make assumptions based on little to no facts, so end up with cases where they do 2 + 2 and end up with 5, often if anything has been MIA for more than a few days, then it must be getting a repaint.

05 May 2024, 10:40 pm #13
(27 Mar 2024, 1:46 pm)Jimmi Because some make assumptions based on little to no facts, so end up with cases where they do 2 + 2 and end up with 5, often if anything has been MIA for more than a few days, then it must be getting a repaint.

Well obviously not when it returns in the same exact livery so it hasn’t been repainted + I’m pretty sure they won’t repaint them due to their age.

Spottybus
05 May 2024, 10:40 pm #13

(27 Mar 2024, 1:46 pm)Jimmi Because some make assumptions based on little to no facts, so end up with cases where they do 2 + 2 and end up with 5, often if anything has been MIA for more than a few days, then it must be getting a repaint.

Well obviously not when it returns in the same exact livery so it hasn’t been repainted + I’m pretty sure they won’t repaint them due to their age.

Mark66t

05 May 2024, 11:05 pm #14
(05 May 2024, 10:40 pm)Spottybus Well obviously not when it returns in the same exact livery so it hasn’t been repainted + I’m pretty sure they won’t repaint them due to their age.

Same gose for the stockton  Frequenta pulsars  there won't get repainted due to there age Nk09 10 61 aren't getting done
Mark66t
05 May 2024, 11:05 pm #14

(05 May 2024, 10:40 pm)Spottybus Well obviously not when it returns in the same exact livery so it hasn’t been repainted + I’m pretty sure they won’t repaint them due to their age.

Same gose for the stockton  Frequenta pulsars  there won't get repainted due to there age Nk09 10 61 aren't getting done

Storx

05 May 2024, 11:31 pm #15
I personally wouldn't be surprised to see everything repainted when iSquared take over. If they had any sense they'd ditch the Arriva name. It has absolutely no positive recognition and doesn't really have any historic meaning either.

Doing something like First done wouldn't be the worst idea with local names on a corporate design, they already have some names Midland Fox, Northumbria, North Western, Tees and District etc.
Edited 05 May 2024, 11:36 pm by Storx.
Storx
05 May 2024, 11:31 pm #15

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see everything repainted when iSquared take over. If they had any sense they'd ditch the Arriva name. It has absolutely no positive recognition and doesn't really have any historic meaning either.

Doing something like First done wouldn't be the worst idea with local names on a corporate design, they already have some names Midland Fox, Northumbria, North Western, Tees and District etc.

Shrek

06 May 2024, 10:18 am #16
(05 May 2024, 11:31 pm)Storx I personally wouldn't be surprised to see everything repainted when iSquared take over. If they had any sense they'd ditch the Arriva name. It has absolutely no positive recognition and doesn't really have any historic meaning either.

I agree, I can see a big rebrand coming once the takeover is completed. There's been far too much bad press over the last 10 years for Arriva and they will keen to show that it is a new ownership group. I suspect over the next couple of years there'll be a lot of changes to come, including changes in staff higher up the pyramid.
Shrek
06 May 2024, 10:18 am #16

(05 May 2024, 11:31 pm)Storx I personally wouldn't be surprised to see everything repainted when iSquared take over. If they had any sense they'd ditch the Arriva name. It has absolutely no positive recognition and doesn't really have any historic meaning either.

I agree, I can see a big rebrand coming once the takeover is completed. There's been far too much bad press over the last 10 years for Arriva and they will keen to show that it is a new ownership group. I suspect over the next couple of years there'll be a lot of changes to come, including changes in staff higher up the pyramid.

RobinHood

06 May 2024, 4:03 pm #17
(06 May 2024, 10:18 am)Shrek I agree, I can see a big rebrand coming once the takeover is completed. There's been far too much bad press over the last 10 years for Arriva and they will keen to show that it is a new ownership group. I suspect over the next couple of years there'll be a lot of changes to come, including changes in staff higher up the pyramid.

There will be no rebrand, no livery overhaul. iSquared intend on being fairly silent owners, leaving Arriva to make their own decisions again. Something DB never allowed.

By allowing Arriva to make their own decisions again, the first signs are circa 100+ new vehicle order already gone in, deliveries starting later this year, albeit majority going to North West I believe, rather than North East. But, it's a sign that things are already moving forward again.
Edited 06 May 2024, 4:05 pm by RobinHood.
RobinHood
06 May 2024, 4:03 pm #17

(06 May 2024, 10:18 am)Shrek I agree, I can see a big rebrand coming once the takeover is completed. There's been far too much bad press over the last 10 years for Arriva and they will keen to show that it is a new ownership group. I suspect over the next couple of years there'll be a lot of changes to come, including changes in staff higher up the pyramid.

There will be no rebrand, no livery overhaul. iSquared intend on being fairly silent owners, leaving Arriva to make their own decisions again. Something DB never allowed.

By allowing Arriva to make their own decisions again, the first signs are circa 100+ new vehicle order already gone in, deliveries starting later this year, albeit majority going to North West I believe, rather than North East. But, it's a sign that things are already moving forward again.

Mike_98

06 May 2024, 5:31 pm #18
(06 May 2024, 4:03 pm)RobinHood There will be no rebrand, no livery overhaul. iSquared intend on being fairly silent owners, leaving Arriva to make their own decisions again. Something DB never allowed.

I imagine the North West vehicles will go to the North East if they are getting all the new ones. TBF, I do like the Arriva Liveries plus it will save confusion for passengers.
Mike_98
06 May 2024, 5:31 pm #18

(06 May 2024, 4:03 pm)RobinHood There will be no rebrand, no livery overhaul. iSquared intend on being fairly silent owners, leaving Arriva to make their own decisions again. Something DB never allowed.

I imagine the North West vehicles will go to the North East if they are getting all the new ones. TBF, I do like the Arriva Liveries plus it will save confusion for passengers.

Storx

06 May 2024, 6:33 pm #19
(06 May 2024, 5:31 pm)Mike_98 I imagine the North West vehicles will go to the North East if they are getting all the new ones. TBF, I do like the Arriva Liveries plus it will save confusion for passengers.

I'd be surprised if stuff ends up near up here. They'll be displacing the 09/59 Pulsar's out and anything the same age I'd believe as there's a new 15 year old limit for buses in Liverpool.

Better than what happened last year, with them swapping vehicles with other areas to get around it with Yorkshire and the Midlands getting dumped with 58 Plate Pulsars/E400's for much newer vehicles.
Edited 06 May 2024, 6:36 pm by Storx.
Storx
06 May 2024, 6:33 pm #19

(06 May 2024, 5:31 pm)Mike_98 I imagine the North West vehicles will go to the North East if they are getting all the new ones. TBF, I do like the Arriva Liveries plus it will save confusion for passengers.

I'd be surprised if stuff ends up near up here. They'll be displacing the 09/59 Pulsar's out and anything the same age I'd believe as there's a new 15 year old limit for buses in Liverpool.

Better than what happened last year, with them swapping vehicles with other areas to get around it with Yorkshire and the Midlands getting dumped with 58 Plate Pulsars/E400's for much newer vehicles.

Shrek

Yesterday, 7:32 am #20

I'm surprised there won't be a rebrand, the Arriva name isn't viewed well these days. But I guess the main thing they have to do is get the company moving forward again. Get it right and the rebrand isn't needed. Good to hear things are already moving in the right direction though.
Shrek
Yesterday, 7:32 am #20

I'm surprised there won't be a rebrand, the Arriva name isn't viewed well these days. But I guess the main thing they have to do is get the company moving forward again. Get it right and the rebrand isn't needed. Good to hear things are already moving in the right direction though.

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average