Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Saltburn Circular

Saltburn Circular

Saltburn Circular

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7) Previous 15 6 7
Kuyoyo

26 Feb 2024, 1:21 pm #121
(26 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm)Mike_98 Seems like they are testing out / planning out how they are going to serve some of new parts of the route which involves Easington and Loftus High Street. According to Bus Times, 26279 - SN69 ZHD went through Loftus High Street up to Eastington then south onto the A171 and then northwards to liverton then went on through to turn back around at the turning area just outside liverton mines before going back south again. Seems abit of madness route if that is the one they want to take.

I must add the road south of Easington (Grinkle Lane) is insanely bumpy and get smaller at certain points. Is quite scenic though.

It looks like they are operating a diversion due to roadworks in Liverton Mines - if you look at one of the buses on the 5, the journeys which would normally serve Liverton Mines aren't in either direction.
Kuyoyo
26 Feb 2024, 1:21 pm #121

(26 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm)Mike_98 Seems like they are testing out / planning out how they are going to serve some of new parts of the route which involves Easington and Loftus High Street. According to Bus Times, 26279 - SN69 ZHD went through Loftus High Street up to Eastington then south onto the A171 and then northwards to liverton then went on through to turn back around at the turning area just outside liverton mines before going back south again. Seems abit of madness route if that is the one they want to take.

I must add the road south of Easington (Grinkle Lane) is insanely bumpy and get smaller at certain points. Is quite scenic though.

It looks like they are operating a diversion due to roadworks in Liverton Mines - if you look at one of the buses on the 5, the journeys which would normally serve Liverton Mines aren't in either direction.

Mike_98

26 Feb 2024, 1:24 pm #122
(26 Feb 2024, 1:21 pm)Kuyoyo It looks like they are operating a diversion due to roadworks in Liverton Mines - if you look at one of the buses on the 5, the journeys which would normally serve Liverton Mines aren't in either direction.

Ohh yeh true. Didn't think about checking the 5's. Didn't know there was roadworks going on there though. I know theres some in Loftus. I wouldn't imagine they would take Grinkle Lane though. I imagine they will terminate at Easington then head back through loftus westwards when the new timetable comes into effect.
Edited 26 Feb 2024, 1:36 pm by Mike_98.
Mike_98
26 Feb 2024, 1:24 pm #122

(26 Feb 2024, 1:21 pm)Kuyoyo It looks like they are operating a diversion due to roadworks in Liverton Mines - if you look at one of the buses on the 5, the journeys which would normally serve Liverton Mines aren't in either direction.

Ohh yeh true. Didn't think about checking the 5's. Didn't know there was roadworks going on there though. I know theres some in Loftus. I wouldn't imagine they would take Grinkle Lane though. I imagine they will terminate at Easington then head back through loftus westwards when the new timetable comes into effect.

tyresmoke

26 Feb 2024, 9:51 pm #123
(26 Feb 2024, 1:24 pm)Mike_98 Ohh yeh true. Didn't think about checking the 5's. Didn't know there was roadworks going on there though. I know theres some in Loftus. I wouldn't imagine they would take Grinkle Lane though. I imagine they will terminate at Easington then head back through loftus westwards when the new timetable comes into effect.

The Station Rd junction in Loftus has been ‘plain lined’ for most of this week with a convoy operating along the main road only during the daytime. It’s meant to be between 0900-1530 only but didn’t work out like that today, resulting in no service to Liverton Mines for most of the day…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
26 Feb 2024, 9:51 pm #123

(26 Feb 2024, 1:24 pm)Mike_98 Ohh yeh true. Didn't think about checking the 5's. Didn't know there was roadworks going on there though. I know theres some in Loftus. I wouldn't imagine they would take Grinkle Lane though. I imagine they will terminate at Easington then head back through loftus westwards when the new timetable comes into effect.

The Station Rd junction in Loftus has been ‘plain lined’ for most of this week with a convoy operating along the main road only during the daytime. It’s meant to be between 0900-1530 only but didn’t work out like that today, resulting in no service to Liverton Mines for most of the day…

29 Feb 2024, 10:06 am #124
Has the revised route for the 1 and 2 been published yet? Or do we know when it will be?
Michael Euston
29 Feb 2024, 10:06 am #124

Has the revised route for the 1 and 2 been published yet? Or do we know when it will be?

tyresmoke

29 Feb 2024, 1:40 pm #125
(29 Feb 2024, 10:06 am)Michael Euston Has the revised route for the 1 and 2 been published yet? Or do we know when it will be?

The Loftus end will just be utilising the ~25 min layover to run up to Easington & back

tyresmoke
29 Feb 2024, 1:40 pm #125

(29 Feb 2024, 10:06 am)Michael Euston Has the revised route for the 1 and 2 been published yet? Or do we know when it will be?

The Loftus end will just be utilising the ~25 min layover to run up to Easington & back

Andreos1

12 Mar 2024, 9:29 pm #126

More on the changes.
Edited 12 Mar 2024, 9:30 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
12 Mar 2024, 9:29 pm #126

More on the changes.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Storx

12 Mar 2024, 10:13 pm #127
I might be missing something but that must be the most confusing numbering of any route in the country.

Theyre clearly two different routes with absolutely no form of loop at all, just renumber the blue one a number and renumber the red one a number.

Not to mention I really don't understand the point of the red route at all. It's literally the 5 or X4 give or take.
Edited 12 Mar 2024, 10:16 pm by Storx.
Storx
12 Mar 2024, 10:13 pm #127

I might be missing something but that must be the most confusing numbering of any route in the country.

Theyre clearly two different routes with absolutely no form of loop at all, just renumber the blue one a number and renumber the red one a number.

Not to mention I really don't understand the point of the red route at all. It's literally the 5 or X4 give or take.

RobinHood

13 Mar 2024, 7:41 am #128
(12 Mar 2024, 10:13 pm)Storx I might be missing something but that must be the most confusing numbering of any route in the country.

It's a final throw of the dice to make it actually worthwhile even supporting, essentially poaching further from the commercial network (namely Skelton to Saltburn movements, which were previously omitted to avoid abstraction from the X3 primarily). Current demand is not even worth the public funds being used, Cllrs were made aware of that, so this really is last resort stuff from their end to try and increase the demand to justify retention.

It's either this, or Teesflex. Not both.
Edited 13 Mar 2024, 7:47 am by RobinHood.
RobinHood
13 Mar 2024, 7:41 am #128

(12 Mar 2024, 10:13 pm)Storx I might be missing something but that must be the most confusing numbering of any route in the country.

It's a final throw of the dice to make it actually worthwhile even supporting, essentially poaching further from the commercial network (namely Skelton to Saltburn movements, which were previously omitted to avoid abstraction from the X3 primarily). Current demand is not even worth the public funds being used, Cllrs were made aware of that, so this really is last resort stuff from their end to try and increase the demand to justify retention.

Storx

13 Mar 2024, 11:54 am #129
(13 Mar 2024, 7:41 am)RobinHood It's a final throw of the dice to make it actually worthwhile even supporting, essentially poaching further from the commercial network (namely Skelton to Saltburn movements, which were previously omitted to avoid abstraction from the X3 primarily). Current demand is not even worth the public funds being used, Cllrs were made aware of that, so this really is last resort stuff from their end to try and increase the demand to justify retention.

Must say, from an outsider, it's absolutely ridiculous waste of public funds, infact most, if not all, the Tees Valley BSIP routes are pretty much.

Surely stuff like giving a large village like Stillington some form of service at all, it's not like it's serving the outback with 3 houses it's a reasonable sized village but has absolutely nothing at all.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.56583...?entry=ttu - Like something like that with 1 bus, every hour, seems like it would be excellent use of the funds imo, it's frankly ridiculous those villages have no service at all imo, yet we're spunking it on duplicating routes in East Cleveland.

Heck if this partnership nonsense actually exists, you could give it to Arriva and work it with the X22 and give a 30 minute service between Thorpe Thewles and Stockton.
Edited 13 Mar 2024, 11:56 am by Storx.
Storx
13 Mar 2024, 11:54 am #129

(13 Mar 2024, 7:41 am)RobinHood It's a final throw of the dice to make it actually worthwhile even supporting, essentially poaching further from the commercial network (namely Skelton to Saltburn movements, which were previously omitted to avoid abstraction from the X3 primarily). Current demand is not even worth the public funds being used, Cllrs were made aware of that, so this really is last resort stuff from their end to try and increase the demand to justify retention.

Must say, from an outsider, it's absolutely ridiculous waste of public funds, infact most, if not all, the Tees Valley BSIP routes are pretty much.

Surely stuff like giving a large village like Stillington some form of service at all, it's not like it's serving the outback with 3 houses it's a reasonable sized village but has absolutely nothing at all.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.56583...?entry=ttu - Like something like that with 1 bus, every hour, seems like it would be excellent use of the funds imo, it's frankly ridiculous those villages have no service at all imo, yet we're spunking it on duplicating routes in East Cleveland.

Heck if this partnership nonsense actually exists, you could give it to Arriva and work it with the X22 and give a 30 minute service between Thorpe Thewles and Stockton.

Mike_98

13 Mar 2024, 1:03 pm #130
If these new routes are correct, then you may aswell have the X3 go from Lingdale , Boosbeck, Skelton Green, Then to the Skelton Library and straight down to Ullswater and Rydal Road. Then again people from Boosbeck and Lingdale use Hillside Practice. I do think however the X3 shouldn't have to serve Saltburn, Wheatlands Farm and Ings Farm. It should go straight from Skelton to Marske then along the coast road (Like it used to). Theres no point of calling it the 'X3' because its far from a quick service. Also, the 62 was great the way it was before it was cut shorter. Hopefully with these new Stagecoach changes, Arriva may get their act together and change their routes to make it more convenient to the passenger.
Edited 13 Mar 2024, 1:03 pm by Mike_98.
Mike_98
13 Mar 2024, 1:03 pm #130

If these new routes are correct, then you may aswell have the X3 go from Lingdale , Boosbeck, Skelton Green, Then to the Skelton Library and straight down to Ullswater and Rydal Road. Then again people from Boosbeck and Lingdale use Hillside Practice. I do think however the X3 shouldn't have to serve Saltburn, Wheatlands Farm and Ings Farm. It should go straight from Skelton to Marske then along the coast road (Like it used to). Theres no point of calling it the 'X3' because its far from a quick service. Also, the 62 was great the way it was before it was cut shorter. Hopefully with these new Stagecoach changes, Arriva may get their act together and change their routes to make it more convenient to the passenger.

Ryland

17 Mar 2024, 12:37 pm #131
(13 Mar 2024, 1:03 pm)Mike_98 If these new routes are correct, then you may aswell have the X3 go from Lingdale , Boosbeck, Skelton Green, Then to the Skelton Library and straight down to Ullswater and Rydal Road. Then again people from Boosbeck and Lingdale use Hillside Practice. I do think however the X3 shouldn't have to serve Saltburn, Wheatlands Farm and Ings Farm. It should go straight from Skelton to Marske then along the coast road (Like it used to). Theres no point of calling it the 'X3' because its far from a quick service. Also, the 62 was great the way it was before it was cut shorter. Hopefully with these new Stagecoach changes, Arriva may get their act together and change their routes to make it more convenient to the passenger.

This has been posted on the tees Valley page. 
And agreed having the 62 serve new Marske again would be great. Rather than having it stop at Redcar. 

In theory scrap the 1 and 2. 
62 back to new Marske . Reducing to an hour on an evening and Sunday 
X3 to serve boosebeck and lingdale avoiding Saltburn. But serve Redcar east estate like the 81 does. 
81 to revert back to Redcar to Stokesley. Utilising the bus stop they put in at Redcar outside Cooplands. 
X2 to serve Ings Farm, Marske Estate and Saltburn to Skelton Asda. 

Tees Flex to work as needed.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Ryland
17 Mar 2024, 12:37 pm #131

(13 Mar 2024, 1:03 pm)Mike_98 If these new routes are correct, then you may aswell have the X3 go from Lingdale , Boosbeck, Skelton Green, Then to the Skelton Library and straight down to Ullswater and Rydal Road. Then again people from Boosbeck and Lingdale use Hillside Practice. I do think however the X3 shouldn't have to serve Saltburn, Wheatlands Farm and Ings Farm. It should go straight from Skelton to Marske then along the coast road (Like it used to). Theres no point of calling it the 'X3' because its far from a quick service. Also, the 62 was great the way it was before it was cut shorter. Hopefully with these new Stagecoach changes, Arriva may get their act together and change their routes to make it more convenient to the passenger.

This has been posted on the tees Valley page. 
And agreed having the 62 serve new Marske again would be great. Rather than having it stop at Redcar. 

In theory scrap the 1 and 2. 
X3 to serve boosebeck and lingdale avoiding Saltburn. But serve Redcar east estate like the 81 does. 
81 to revert back to Redcar to Stokesley. Utilising the bus stop they put in at Redcar outside Cooplands. 

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Storx

17 Mar 2024, 5:34 pm #132
(17 Mar 2024, 12:37 pm)Ryland In theory scrap the 1 and 2. 

imo it would much easier to make it all work off the 5/5A instead.

I don't know how well the numbers are on the 5/5A but you could easily do something like

X5/X5A: Middlesbrough - NON STOP - Guisborough - Skelton - Skelton ASDA - Brotton - Skinningrove (X5A) - Loftus - Liverton Mines (X5) - Easington (2 BPH)
7: Current 5 Middlesbrough to Swans Corner Roundabout (3 BPH), 1 BPH extended to Lingdale

7/8/9: Every 5 minute combined Middlesbrough to Cranmore Road

Moorsholm and Liverton use Teesflex, the places aren't sustainable for a frequent bus service.
Edited 17 Mar 2024, 5:35 pm by Storx.
Storx
17 Mar 2024, 5:34 pm #132

(17 Mar 2024, 12:37 pm)Ryland In theory scrap the 1 and 2. 

imo it would much easier to make it all work off the 5/5A instead.

I don't know how well the numbers are on the 5/5A but you could easily do something like

X5/X5A: Middlesbrough - NON STOP - Guisborough - Skelton - Skelton ASDA - Brotton - Skinningrove (X5A) - Loftus - Liverton Mines (X5) - Easington (2 BPH)
7: Current 5 Middlesbrough to Swans Corner Roundabout (3 BPH), 1 BPH extended to Lingdale

7/8/9: Every 5 minute combined Middlesbrough to Cranmore Road

Moorsholm and Liverton use Teesflex, the places aren't sustainable for a frequent bus service.

Mike_98

01 Apr 2024, 12:47 am #133
The 1 and 2 Changes start tomorrow

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:34:50:630

1 & 2 New Timetable - https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...024Apr.pdf
Mike_98
01 Apr 2024, 12:47 am #133

The 1 and 2 Changes start tomorrow

Storx

01 Apr 2024, 10:03 am #134
(01 Apr 2024, 12:47 am)Mike_98 The 1 and 2 Changes start tomorrow

They're like a parody these routes. There's some bonkers ideas by some on here but they'd make more sense than these.
  • Confusing numbering that even I get confused by with a 'loop' that just doesn't exist in the slightest.
  • Train connections which means you need to leg it to actually connect, 6 minutes is completely unreasonable.
  • Too infrequent to be any real use to anyone.
  • Duplicate commercial services so a waste of tax payers money.
  • Special mention of councillors in the timetable in an area which is conveniently mostly currently Tory.
  • The same special timetable which conveniently ends in July, just after the mayoral election when Houchen will be getting the boot.

If there's ever a reason why politicians shouldn't be anywhere near public transport then this is literally a prime example.
Storx
01 Apr 2024, 10:03 am #134

(01 Apr 2024, 12:47 am)Mike_98 The 1 and 2 Changes start tomorrow

They're like a parody these routes. There's some bonkers ideas by some on here but they'd make more sense than these.
  • Confusing numbering that even I get confused by with a 'loop' that just doesn't exist in the slightest.
  • Train connections which means you need to leg it to actually connect, 6 minutes is completely unreasonable.
  • Special mention of councillors in the timetable in an area which is conveniently mostly currently Tory.
  • The same special timetable which conveniently ends in July, just after the mayoral election when Houchen will be getting the boot.

If there's ever a reason why politicians shouldn't be anywhere near public transport then this is literally a prime example.

Mark66t

01 Apr 2024, 10:14 am #135
(23 Feb 2024, 9:49 am)Storx I said it then and I'll say it now but this 1 and 2 are still completely ridiculous bus routes.

Teesside are supposedly in a partnership with operators, this is exactly where partnerships should be working instead of having alternative operators competing again commercial routes doing give or take the same route.

Who's at fault who knows but it shouldn't be here, something like upping the 5 back to every 15 minutes and running it as a 5B and both routes breaking off doing the loop omiting Saltburn at Lingdale just to pluck one idea is surely a better use of resources even if it uses more.

The 15/15/30 farce along Trunk Road and through Guisborough is a complete mess as it is aswell imo. I'm quite vocal about using public funds to boost frequent routes but I'd make an exception there as it just doesn't make sense as it is.

I think it's a brilliant idea  more buses for east cleveland the better
Edited 01 Apr 2024, 10:15 am by Mark66t.
Mark66t
01 Apr 2024, 10:14 am #135

(23 Feb 2024, 9:49 am)Storx I said it then and I'll say it now but this 1 and 2 are still completely ridiculous bus routes.

Teesside are supposedly in a partnership with operators, this is exactly where partnerships should be working instead of having alternative operators competing again commercial routes doing give or take the same route.

Who's at fault who knows but it shouldn't be here, something like upping the 5 back to every 15 minutes and running it as a 5B and both routes breaking off doing the loop omiting Saltburn at Lingdale just to pluck one idea is surely a better use of resources even if it uses more.

The 15/15/30 farce along Trunk Road and through Guisborough is a complete mess as it is aswell imo. I'm quite vocal about using public funds to boost frequent routes but I'd make an exception there as it just doesn't make sense as it is.

I think it's a brilliant idea  more buses for east cleveland the better

tyresmoke

01 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm #136
(01 Apr 2024, 10:03 am)Storx They're like a parody these routes. There's some bonkers ideas by some on here but they'd make more sense than these.

It is literally councillors shouting the loudest and getting some funding to play with… it isn’t, and never will be, viable to run more than a minibus and given Flex is still around they’re competing for the same passengers.

tyresmoke
01 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm #136

(01 Apr 2024, 10:03 am)Storx They're like a parody these routes. There's some bonkers ideas by some on here but they'd make more sense than these.

It is literally councillors shouting the loudest and getting some funding to play with… it isn’t, and never will be, viable to run more than a minibus and given Flex is still around they’re competing for the same passengers.

Storx

01 Apr 2024, 6:31 pm #137
(01 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm)tyresmoke It is literally councillors shouting the loudest and getting some funding to play with… it isn’t, and never will be, viable to run more than a minibus and given Flex is still around they’re competing for the same passengers.

Yeah definitely, mind it would be interesting if a Labour councillor shouted as much, if anything got done. I know what answer I'd expect but yeah. It's bonkers these services when there's sizable village like Stillington with no timetabled bus service, at all, under the same area.
Storx
01 Apr 2024, 6:31 pm #137

(01 Apr 2024, 4:03 pm)tyresmoke It is literally councillors shouting the loudest and getting some funding to play with… it isn’t, and never will be, viable to run more than a minibus and given Flex is still around they’re competing for the same passengers.

Yeah definitely, mind it would be interesting if a Labour councillor shouted as much, if anything got done. I know what answer I'd expect but yeah. It's bonkers these services when there's sizable village like Stillington with no timetabled bus service, at all, under the same area.

col87

01 Apr 2024, 9:43 pm #138
(01 Apr 2024, 6:31 pm)Storx Yeah definitely, mind it would be interesting if a Labour councillor shouted as much, if anything got done. I know what answer I'd expect but yeah. It's bonkers these services when there's sizable village like Stillington with no timetabled bus service, at all, under the same area.

Not sure how big Stillington but you can count Dalton Piecy which has no service at all and it’s a good 15 - 20 minutes walk at least to get from the far end of Greatham to the 36 bus stop.

(01 Apr 2024, 6:31 pm)Storx Yeah definitely, mind it would be interesting if a Labour councillor shouted as much, if anything got done. I know what answer I'd expect but yeah. It's bonkers these services when there's sizable village like Stillington with no timetabled bus service, at all, under the same area.

Actually I think Hartlepool is the only town in the Tees Valley with not a single bus service to the town’s main park as no bus service goes to Ward Jackson Park.
Edited 01 Apr 2024, 9:45 pm by col87.
col87
01 Apr 2024, 9:43 pm #138

Not sure how big Stillington but you can count Dalton Piecy which has no service at all and it’s a good 15 - 20 minutes walk at least to get from the far end of Greatham to the 36 bus stop.

Actually I think Hartlepool is the only town in the Tees Valley with not a single bus service to the town’s main park as no bus service goes to Ward Jackson Park.

Storx

02 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm #139
(01 Apr 2024, 9:43 pm)col87 Not sure how big Stillington but you can count Dalton Piecy which has no service at all and it’s a good 15 - 20 minutes walk at least to get from the far end of Greatham to the 36 bus stop.

Like 750 people Stillington I believe with Rickleton etc you'll be looking at easily over a 1k people. Not massive amounts of course but arguable enough for a bus service. 

Hartlepool is a poor places for buses I'm really surprised there's not a subsidised service that does something like

Headlands - West View - Hartlepool Hospital - High Thropston - West Park - Ward Jackson Park - Grange Road - Hartlepool Town Centre

Would open up hospital links and open up the West Park area with a bus service at all, the service at that side of Hartlepool is appalling as an understatement.
Storx
02 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm #139

(01 Apr 2024, 9:43 pm)col87 Not sure how big Stillington but you can count Dalton Piecy which has no service at all and it’s a good 15 - 20 minutes walk at least to get from the far end of Greatham to the 36 bus stop.

Like 750 people Stillington I believe with Rickleton etc you'll be looking at easily over a 1k people. Not massive amounts of course but arguable enough for a bus service. 

Hartlepool is a poor places for buses I'm really surprised there's not a subsidised service that does something like

Headlands - West View - Hartlepool Hospital - High Thropston - West Park - Ward Jackson Park - Grange Road - Hartlepool Town Centre

Would open up hospital links and open up the West Park area with a bus service at all, the service at that side of Hartlepool is appalling as an understatement.

tyresmoke

03 Apr 2024, 8:41 pm #140
(02 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm)Storx Like 750 people Stillington I believe with Rickleton etc you'll be looking at easily over a 1k people. Not massive amounts of course but arguable enough for a bus service. 

Stillington used to sustain an hourly bus to Stockton commercially. Been many years since that ran now so would need some funding to build it back up. They’ve built a new estate up there since that ran but sadly I suspect many people will have found other options by now.

tyresmoke
03 Apr 2024, 8:41 pm #140

(02 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm)Storx Like 750 people Stillington I believe with Rickleton etc you'll be looking at easily over a 1k people. Not massive amounts of course but arguable enough for a bus service. 

Stillington used to sustain an hourly bus to Stockton commercially. Been many years since that ran now so would need some funding to build it back up. They’ve built a new estate up there since that ran but sadly I suspect many people will have found other options by now.

Pages (7) Previous 15 6 7

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average