Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates New Site

New Site

New Site

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Andreos1

10 Dec 2023, 6:37 pm #1
Any idea how to find the last read post, without having to scroll backwards and forwards?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Dec 2023, 6:37 pm #1

Any idea how to find the last read post, without having to scroll backwards and forwards?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

BusLoverMum

10 Dec 2023, 7:30 pm #2
(10 Dec 2023, 6:37 pm)Andreos1 Any idea how to find the last read post, without having to scroll backwards and forwards?

I was just hunting for this thread to ask the same.

Means I'm back to not being able to mark as read, too.
Edited 10 Dec 2023, 7:31 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
10 Dec 2023, 7:30 pm #2

(10 Dec 2023, 6:37 pm)Andreos1 Any idea how to find the last read post, without having to scroll backwards and forwards?

I was just hunting for this thread to ask the same.

Means I'm back to not being able to mark as read, too.

Unber43

10 Dec 2023, 8:12 pm #3
The new site I like the text etc, but it just seems like it needs to be compacted, also a last post link would be great too.
Unber43
10 Dec 2023, 8:12 pm #3

The new site I like the text etc, but it just seems like it needs to be compacted, also a last post link would be great too.

Storx

10 Dec 2023, 10:35 pm #4
The font's horrid and barely readable. It's a header font not a text font imo. Inter is the best going lately and is becoming the pretty much go to font for modern sites.

https://pimpmytype.com/chatgpt-font-fail/ - Ironically there's even a blog post about how bad this font is and why you shouldn't ask bots for tips.
Storx
10 Dec 2023, 10:35 pm #4

The font's horrid and barely readable. It's a header font not a text font imo. Inter is the best going lately and is becoming the pretty much go to font for modern sites.

https://pimpmytype.com/chatgpt-font-fail/ - Ironically there's even a blog post about how bad this font is and why you shouldn't ask bots for tips.

11 Dec 2023, 7:25 am #5

Darn, somebody's beaten me to the burning question that I've also got!

Yes, it's a total faff having to try and work out when you were last on the site so you can find actual unread posts - the previous ability to find threads with unread posts, then jump straight into the first actual unread post itself was pretty useful.
Ianthegoon
11 Dec 2023, 7:25 am #5

Darn, somebody's beaten me to the burning question that I've also got!

Yes, it's a total faff having to try and work out when you were last on the site so you can find actual unread posts - the previous ability to find threads with unread posts, then jump straight into the first actual unread post itself was pretty useful.

idiot

11 Dec 2023, 8:18 am #6
How do you go to latest unread post in a thread.
idiot
11 Dec 2023, 8:18 am #6

How do you go to latest unread post in a thread.

BusLoverMum

11 Dec 2023, 9:20 am #7
You can't. You have to sift through and rehash the coast road rehashing all over again to find the latest rehash.
BusLoverMum
11 Dec 2023, 9:20 am #7

You can't. You have to sift through and rehash the coast road rehashing all over again to find the latest rehash.

Adrian

11 Dec 2023, 10:32 am #8
(10 Dec 2023, 10:35 pm)Storx The font's horrid and barely readable. It's a header font not a text font imo. Inter is the best going lately and is becoming the pretty much go to font for modern sites.

That's subjective. There's many more articles that recommend it as a good font to use. 

I believe that most modern browsers will allow you to force-replace the fonts locally, if they prove to be problematic for you visually. There are also accessibility features available.

(11 Dec 2023, 9:20 am)BusLoverMum You can't. You have to sift through and rehash the coast road rehashing all over again to find the latest rehash.

We can look at that and see if we can fix.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Dec 2023, 10:32 am #8

(10 Dec 2023, 10:35 pm)Storx The font's horrid and barely readable. It's a header font not a text font imo. Inter is the best going lately and is becoming the pretty much go to font for modern sites.

That's subjective. There's many more articles that recommend it as a good font to use. 

I believe that most modern browsers will allow you to force-replace the fonts locally, if they prove to be problematic for you visually. There are also accessibility features available.

(11 Dec 2023, 9:20 am)BusLoverMum You can't. You have to sift through and rehash the coast road rehashing all over again to find the latest rehash.

We can look at that and see if we can fix.

11 Dec 2023, 4:24 pm #9
I went to my settings page to see if there was an option to change back to the old layout, only to find that it was completely empty.

I also tried to attach a screenshot showing the empty settings page to this post, only to be slapped in the face with an error message saying "Sorry, but you cannot attach this file because you have reached your attachment quota of 4.88 MB". Which is not only a ridiculously low limit, but also seems like a rather, uh, sketchy number.

In other words, this forum has suddenly become essentially impossible to use.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
11 Dec 2023, 4:24 pm #9

I went to my settings page to see if there was an option to change back to the old layout, only to find that it was completely empty.

I also tried to attach a screenshot showing the empty settings page to this post, only to be slapped in the face with an error message saying "Sorry, but you cannot attach this file because you have reached your attachment quota of 4.88 MB". Which is not only a ridiculously low limit, but also seems like a rather, uh, sketchy number.

Adrian

11 Dec 2023, 5:46 pm #10
(11 Dec 2023, 4:24 pm)wibblejunior I went to my settings page to see if there was an option to change back to the old layout, only to find that it was completely empty.

I don't think exceeding an attachment quota makes the site completely unusable, but can you try posting your attachment now? I think there was a slight permission issue, which should now be fixed.

Various limits for individual files still apply (and they always have done). We'd always encourage uploading larger photos to your own Flickr page and sharing, or alternatively use something like imgBB or imgur.

Adrian
11 Dec 2023, 5:46 pm #10

(11 Dec 2023, 4:24 pm)wibblejunior I went to my settings page to see if there was an option to change back to the old layout, only to find that it was completely empty.

I don't think exceeding an attachment quota makes the site completely unusable, but can you try posting your attachment now? I think there was a slight permission issue, which should now be fixed.

Various limits for individual files still apply (and they always have done). We'd always encourage uploading larger photos to your own Flickr page and sharing, or alternatively use something like imgBB or imgur.

11 Dec 2023, 8:54 pm #11
This is what the settings page looks like.

wibblejunior
11 Dec 2023, 8:54 pm #11

This is what the settings page looks like.

MurdnunoC

11 Dec 2023, 9:01 pm #12
Forum rating: 1/2 *
MurdnunoC
11 Dec 2023, 9:01 pm #12

Forum rating: 1/2 *

BusLoverMum

11 Dec 2023, 10:33 pm #13
(11 Dec 2023, 8:54 pm)wibblejunior This is what the settings page looks like.

I had the same on my laptop. Not tried on another device.
BusLoverMum
11 Dec 2023, 10:33 pm #13

I had the same on my laptop. Not tried on another device.

Adrian

13 Dec 2023, 9:37 am #14

From your screenshot, using the button I've highlighted should then bring up the various elements of your account settings that you can change. This only happens when using a mobile browser.

(11 Dec 2023, 10:33 pm)BusLoverMum I had the same on my laptop. Not tried on another device.

I can't replicate this on a non-mobile device. Which browser are you using?

Adrian
13 Dec 2023, 9:37 am #14

From your screenshot, using the button I've highlighted should then bring up the various elements of your account settings that you can change. This only happens when using a mobile browser.

(11 Dec 2023, 10:33 pm)BusLoverMum I had the same on my laptop. Not tried on another device.

BusLoverMum

14 Dec 2023, 5:27 pm #15
(13 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)Adrian From your screenshot, using the button I've highlighted should then bring up the various elements of your account settings that you can change. This only happens when using a mobile browser.

Everything's now there, Adrian, so there must have been a wobble of some sort, at some point and everything's settled now. (That wobble could well have been on my part and nothing to do with the site or my browser!)
BusLoverMum
14 Dec 2023, 5:27 pm #15

(13 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)Adrian From your screenshot, using the button I've highlighted should then bring up the various elements of your account settings that you can change. This only happens when using a mobile browser.

Everything's now there, Adrian, so there must have been a wobble of some sort, at some point and everything's settled now. (That wobble could well have been on my part and nothing to do with the site or my browser!)

14 Dec 2023, 7:49 pm #16
I think this new site is canny good like. Well done to all involved in makin it happen
BIG MICK STOKOE
14 Dec 2023, 7:49 pm #16

I think this new site is canny good like. Well done to all involved in makin it happen

Michael

16 Dec 2023, 10:39 am #17
Can we make the typing box bigger, just copied and paste the changes from VOSA and had to keep scrolling, just to bunch them together (an example below how they appear), where as before there was an arrow to make the box bigger.

PB0002032/159 Registered
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD

Route: Newcastle to Newbiggin via Ashington

Service number: X21 (X22)

Service type: Limited Stop

Effective date: 28 Jan 2024
Michael
16 Dec 2023, 10:39 am #17

Can we make the typing box bigger, just copied and paste the changes from VOSA and had to keep scrolling, just to bunch them together (an example below how they appear), where as before there was an arrow to make the box bigger.

PB0002032/159 Registered
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD

Route: Newcastle to Newbiggin via Ashington

Service number: X21 (X22)

Service type: Limited Stop

Effective date: 28 Jan 2024

Rob44

19 Dec 2023, 4:28 pm #18
ive clicked on n view unread posts several times since 11 ish - every time say none to read.  I just clicked again and none to read so i clicked on todays post and there are several posts that ive not read sitting there???? Any ideas?>
Edited 20 Dec 2023, 11:54 am by Rob44.
Rob44
19 Dec 2023, 4:28 pm #18

ive clicked on n view unread posts several times since 11 ish - every time say none to read.  I just clicked again and none to read so i clicked on todays post and there are several posts that ive not read sitting there???? Any ideas?>

MurdnunoC

19 Dec 2023, 5:52 pm #19
(19 Dec 2023, 4:28 pm)Rob44 ive licked on n view unread posts several times since 11 ish - every time say none to read.  I just clicked again and none to read so i clicked on todays post and there are several posts that ive not read sitting there???? Any ideas?>

I can't say I've ever licked on view unread posts before. Might work on a touchscreen device. How did it taste?
MurdnunoC
19 Dec 2023, 5:52 pm #19

(19 Dec 2023, 4:28 pm)Rob44 ive licked on n view unread posts several times since 11 ish - every time say none to read.  I just clicked again and none to read so i clicked on todays post and there are several posts that ive not read sitting there???? Any ideas?>

I can't say I've ever licked on view unread posts before. Might work on a touchscreen device. How did it taste?

28 Dec 2023, 12:14 pm #20
I’ve heard of bus lickers but this is new to me son ?
BIG MICK STOKOE
28 Dec 2023, 12:14 pm #20

I’ve heard of bus lickers but this is new to me son ?

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average