Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Northumberland Independents Spirit Buses

Spirit Buses

Spirit Buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15) Previous 1 2 315 Next
MurdnunoC

17 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm #21
(17 Jul 2013, 11:54 am)Andreos1 I get what your saying about the mini-bus, but the would that fit into his offer of offering storage for bikes, hiking equipement, freight etc.
In his forecasts, he has obviously worked in the extra revenue from freight and offering something different to a normal service with the storage facilities.

I don't think he has though. I think he's made a lot of assumptions along the lines of 'If I introduce a service which offers storage for hiking equipment and bikes, that's bound to generate more revenue as I'm offering something different'. But where is the proof?

The questionnaire doesn't touch upon it, and, even if it did, where are the hikers and bikers coming from? I'm presuming they're coming from elsewhere and not, specifically, from Upper Coquetdale. Therefore, distributing a revised questionnaire (containing questions about storage) throughout the local area is going to be ineffective when trying to gauge true demand for this service. However, it would be more effective if distributed among cycling/hiking groups and organisations (both regional and national) as these are targeted users of the service.

I just get the impression that he's trying to start off too big. I applaud his ambition but I think it will all end in tears. If he were to start off small and try and grow, then, OK, it may well still end in tears, but at least he's not burdening himself with huge amounts of debt and aggro.
Edited 17 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
17 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm #21

(17 Jul 2013, 11:54 am)Andreos1 I get what your saying about the mini-bus, but the would that fit into his offer of offering storage for bikes, hiking equipement, freight etc.
In his forecasts, he has obviously worked in the extra revenue from freight and offering something different to a normal service with the storage facilities.

I don't think he has though. I think he's made a lot of assumptions along the lines of 'If I introduce a service which offers storage for hiking equipment and bikes, that's bound to generate more revenue as I'm offering something different'. But where is the proof?

The questionnaire doesn't touch upon it, and, even if it did, where are the hikers and bikers coming from? I'm presuming they're coming from elsewhere and not, specifically, from Upper Coquetdale. Therefore, distributing a revised questionnaire (containing questions about storage) throughout the local area is going to be ineffective when trying to gauge true demand for this service. However, it would be more effective if distributed among cycling/hiking groups and organisations (both regional and national) as these are targeted users of the service.

I just get the impression that he's trying to start off too big. I applaud his ambition but I think it will all end in tears. If he were to start off small and try and grow, then, OK, it may well still end in tears, but at least he's not burdening himself with huge amounts of debt and aggro.

busman101

17 Jul 2013, 5:12 pm #22
It all seems a great idea, but will it pay its way ? I'd be very surprised, unless there's some form of support from somewhere, but I suspect there's nothing hidden behind the County Council's settee !
busman101
17 Jul 2013, 5:12 pm #22

It all seems a great idea, but will it pay its way ? I'd be very surprised, unless there's some form of support from somewhere, but I suspect there's nothing hidden behind the County Council's settee !

Andreos1

29 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm #23
www.spiritbuses.co.uk/news.html

Questionaires are back in, timetables set up and now he is off to get some funding!
Andreos1
29 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm #23

www.spiritbuses.co.uk/news.html

Questionaires are back in, timetables set up and now he is off to get some funding!

eezypeazy

29 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm #24
I do hope he got more than six per cent of the questionnaires back... Wink
Edited 29 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm by eezypeazy.
eezypeazy
29 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm #24

I do hope he got more than six per cent of the questionnaires back... Wink

Andreos1

29 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm #25
(29 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm)eezypeazy I do hope he got more than six per cent of the questionnaires back... Wink

He hasn't quoted numbers - but 'here are some of them' pic.twitter.com/CJ2GG621yL
Edited 29 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
29 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm #25

(29 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm)eezypeazy I do hope he got more than six per cent of the questionnaires back... Wink

He hasn't quoted numbers - but 'here are some of them' pic.twitter.com/CJ2GG621yL

eezypeazy

29 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm #26
More than two hundred... given the rural nature of the area, that sounds pretty good to me. Now, looking back to my earlier maths, all he needs is about one third of them to travel regularly and he might have a viable business...
eezypeazy
29 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm #26

More than two hundred... given the rural nature of the area, that sounds pretty good to me. Now, looking back to my earlier maths, all he needs is about one third of them to travel regularly and he might have a viable business...

Andreos1

13 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm #27
Still no launch, but funding is going well and he is giving potential passengers a choice of routes.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm #27

Still no launch, but funding is going well and he is giving potential passengers a choice of routes.

Tom

28 Jan 2014, 8:16 am #28
Wonder how Spirit Buses is getting on...
Tom
28 Jan 2014, 8:16 am #28

Wonder how Spirit Buses is getting on...

eezypeazy

29 Jan 2014, 10:09 am #29
It seems that Spirit Buses still have quite a few hoops to jump through. First, they need financial backing; this means that they can prove to the Traffic Commissioners that they are of good financial standing. Next, they'll need an operating centre and suitable vehicle maintenance arrangements; next, they need a transport manager with the relevant Certificate of Professional Competence. Then they can apply to the Traffic Commissioner for the grant of an operating licence. If granted, they can then register services with eight weeks' notice. If they're planning to start operating this summer, they'll need to get their skates on...

Buying or leasing the buses is the easy bit!
eezypeazy
29 Jan 2014, 10:09 am #29

It seems that Spirit Buses still have quite a few hoops to jump through. First, they need financial backing; this means that they can prove to the Traffic Commissioners that they are of good financial standing. Next, they'll need an operating centre and suitable vehicle maintenance arrangements; next, they need a transport manager with the relevant Certificate of Professional Competence. Then they can apply to the Traffic Commissioner for the grant of an operating licence. If granted, they can then register services with eight weeks' notice. If they're planning to start operating this summer, they'll need to get their skates on...

Buying or leasing the buses is the easy bit!

Andreos1

06 Feb 2014, 2:22 pm #30
The last update was in Jan and he states he plans to be up and running before the summer http://www.spiritbuses.co.uk/news.html

Andreos1
06 Feb 2014, 2:22 pm #30

The last update was in Jan and he states he plans to be up and running before the summer http://www.spiritbuses.co.uk/news.html

Tom

25 Apr 2014, 8:27 pm #31
Forgot to mention, been a update on Spirit Buses, and it's looking quite promising despite what we all thought. http://www.spiritbuses.co.uk/news.html
Tom
25 Apr 2014, 8:27 pm #31

Forgot to mention, been a update on Spirit Buses, and it's looking quite promising despite what we all thought. http://www.spiritbuses.co.uk/news.html

tyresmoke

29 May 2014, 3:17 pm #32
Interesting to note in the latest N&P that an application has gone in for a licence now...

PB1129385 SN
SPIRIT BUSES LTD
Director(s): STEPHEN JAMES HURST.
EAST OAKTREE HOUSE, ROTHBURY , MORPETH NE65 7TL
Operating Centre: UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY MORPETH NE65 7RZ
Authorisation:2 Vehicle(s).
Transport Manager(s): STEPHEN JAMES HURST

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
29 May 2014, 3:17 pm #32

Interesting to note in the latest N&P that an application has gone in for a licence now...

PB1129385 SN
SPIRIT BUSES LTD
Operating Centre: UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY MORPETH NE65 7RZ

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1

29 May 2014, 3:24 pm #33
(29 May 2014, 3:17 pm)tyresmoke Interesting to note in the latest N&P that an application has gone in for a licence now...

PB1129385 SN
SPIRIT BUSES LTD

Yay!

So it looks like the fella behind it all, is doing everything.
He is going to be a busy boy!

Andreos1
29 May 2014, 3:24 pm #33

(29 May 2014, 3:17 pm)tyresmoke Interesting to note in the latest N&P that an application has gone in for a licence now...

PB1129385 SN
SPIRIT BUSES LTD

Yay!

So it looks like the fella behind it all, is doing everything.
He is going to be a busy boy!

MurdnunoC

29 May 2014, 4:47 pm #34
Well well well - it looks like he's serious after all.

Getting this far in such a short time is quite an achievement considering it seemed to be an ambitious dream just under a year ago.

I hope he get to see his project through to completion. I genuinely wish him all the luck in the world.
Edited 29 May 2014, 4:50 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
29 May 2014, 4:47 pm #34

Well well well - it looks like he's serious after all.

Getting this far in such a short time is quite an achievement considering it seemed to be an ambitious dream just under a year ago.

I hope he get to see his project through to completion. I genuinely wish him all the luck in the world.

eezypeazy

17 Jun 2014, 10:44 am #35
VOSA web site is indicating that Spirit Buses Ltd has been granted an operators' licence in the last few days. So perhaps we should be keeping an eye out for some service registrations and vehicle acquisitions. Earliest their services might start would be mid to late August, though, I suspect; but having missed the bulk of the summer, might they be better advised to hang fire until the spring?
eezypeazy
17 Jun 2014, 10:44 am #35

VOSA web site is indicating that Spirit Buses Ltd has been granted an operators' licence in the last few days. So perhaps we should be keeping an eye out for some service registrations and vehicle acquisitions. Earliest their services might start would be mid to late August, though, I suspect; but having missed the bulk of the summer, might they be better advised to hang fire until the spring?

Andreos1

17 Jun 2014, 2:26 pm #36
(17 Jun 2014, 10:44 am)eezypeazy VOSA web site is indicating that Spirit Buses Ltd has been granted an operators' licence in the last few days. So perhaps we should be keeping an eye out for some service registrations and vehicle acquisitions. Earliest their services might start would be mid to late August, though, I suspect; but having missed the bulk of the summer, might they be better advised to hang fire until the spring?

Think positively eezypeazy.
He may miss the majority of the summer punters, but will have the opportunity to get in on the Christmas shoppers heading to Tyneside, establish the service locally and by next spring, he will be ready to expand and start dipping his toes into the murky waters of passenger transport in Tyne & Wear.

Andreos1
17 Jun 2014, 2:26 pm #36

(17 Jun 2014, 10:44 am)eezypeazy VOSA web site is indicating that Spirit Buses Ltd has been granted an operators' licence in the last few days. So perhaps we should be keeping an eye out for some service registrations and vehicle acquisitions. Earliest their services might start would be mid to late August, though, I suspect; but having missed the bulk of the summer, might they be better advised to hang fire until the spring?

Think positively eezypeazy.
He may miss the majority of the summer punters, but will have the opportunity to get in on the Christmas shoppers heading to Tyneside, establish the service locally and by next spring, he will be ready to expand and start dipping his toes into the murky waters of passenger transport in Tyne & Wear.

17 Jun 2014, 8:51 pm #37
What service buses do they have

Jmoss
jaimz13
17 Jun 2014, 8:51 pm #37

What service buses do they have

Jmoss

Tom

17 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm #38
(17 Jun 2014, 8:51 pm)jaimz13 What service buses do they have

I believe it's going to be two darts.
Tom
17 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm #38

(17 Jun 2014, 8:51 pm)jaimz13 What service buses do they have

I believe it's going to be two darts.

17 Jun 2014, 8:57 pm #39
(17 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm)Tom I believe it's going to be two darts.

some good buses then thank god not more Solo lol is that all they got is darts

Jmoss
jaimz13
17 Jun 2014, 8:57 pm #39

(17 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm)Tom I believe it's going to be two darts.

some good buses then thank god not more Solo lol is that all they got is darts

Jmoss

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Jun 2014, 9:01 pm #40
(17 Jun 2014, 8:57 pm)jaimz13 some good buses then thank god not more Solo lol is that all they got is darts

They haven't got anything yet.

See their Proposed Fleet..
Dan
17 Jun 2014, 9:01 pm #40

(17 Jun 2014, 8:57 pm)jaimz13 some good buses then thank god not more Solo lol is that all they got is darts

They haven't got anything yet.

See their Proposed Fleet..

Pages (15) Previous 1 2 315 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average