Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Teesside Independents New Park and Ride

New Park and Ride

New Park and Ride

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lollist

03 Mar 2023, 8:07 pm #1
Seen on the news they are building a Park And Ride car park eoth shuttle buses fors anyone knoe what buses will run on it where they go and what operator
Lollist
03 Mar 2023, 8:07 pm #1

Seen on the news they are building a Park And Ride car park eoth shuttle buses fors anyone knoe what buses will run on it where they go and what operator

MurdnunoC

03 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm #2
A location for those who didn't see the news might be nice.
MurdnunoC
03 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm #2

A location for those who didn't see the news might be nice.

Andreos1

03 Mar 2023, 9:03 pm #3
(03 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm)MurdnunoC A location for those who didn't see the news might be nice.

Guessing it's this one. 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/2...se-redcar/

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
03 Mar 2023, 9:03 pm #3

(03 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm)MurdnunoC A location for those who didn't see the news might be nice.

Guessing it's this one. 

Storx

03 Mar 2023, 10:06 pm #4
(03 Mar 2023, 9:03 pm)Andreos1 Guessing it's this one. 

Hopefully that gets blocked. I'm not normally a NIMBY but that's way too close to Coatham Marsh for my liking and it's not as if there's not redundant space elsewhere around there, the place is a dive further West with nothing redeeming.

Could always reopen the railway station and get people shuttles on there instead either but yeah.
Storx
03 Mar 2023, 10:06 pm #4

(03 Mar 2023, 9:03 pm)Andreos1 Guessing it's this one. 

Hopefully that gets blocked. I'm not normally a NIMBY but that's way too close to Coatham Marsh for my liking and it's not as if there's not redundant space elsewhere around there, the place is a dive further West with nothing redeeming.

Could always reopen the railway station and get people shuttles on there instead either but yeah.

Andreos1

03 Mar 2023, 11:04 pm #5
(03 Mar 2023, 10:06 pm)Storx Hopefully that gets blocked. I'm not normally a NIMBY but that's way too close to Coatham Marsh for my liking and it's not as if there's not redundant space elsewhere around there, the place is a dive further West with nothing redeeming.

Agree. 100 yds the other side of Steel House and you're suddenly opening up the station for use again. 
No need for the sort of traffic management they're proposing with this site either. 

I'd hazard a guess that land is earmarked for something else though.

Mind, the dead mileage from Dormanstown depot could stand ANE in good stead for any tenders! 
Unless SNE are going to be given some sort of softener after the Teesflex shambles Angel

Andreos1
03 Mar 2023, 11:04 pm #5

(03 Mar 2023, 10:06 pm)Storx Hopefully that gets blocked. I'm not normally a NIMBY but that's way too close to Coatham Marsh for my liking and it's not as if there's not redundant space elsewhere around there, the place is a dive further West with nothing redeeming.

Agree. 100 yds the other side of Steel House and you're suddenly opening up the station for use again. 
No need for the sort of traffic management they're proposing with this site either. 

I'd hazard a guess that land is earmarked for something else though.

Mind, the dead mileage from Dormanstown depot could stand ANE in good stead for any tenders! 
Unless SNE are going to be given some sort of softener after the Teesflex shambles Angel

tyresmoke

04 Mar 2023, 5:01 pm #6
I’d imagine it’ll just be an ‘internal site’ Park & Ride - much like the one already operational at Teesport for the new power station.
Comments on the mayors’ Facebook page suggest it’ll be operational this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
04 Mar 2023, 5:01 pm #6

I’d imagine it’ll just be an ‘internal site’ Park & Ride - much like the one already operational at Teesport for the new power station.
Comments on the mayors’ Facebook page suggest it’ll be operational this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average