Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Teesside Independents Stagecarriage of Grangetown

Stagecarriage of Grangetown

Stagecarriage of Grangetown

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (29) Previous 123 24 2529 Next
Andreos1

23 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm #461
(23 Feb 2018, 9:00 pm)tyresmoke Never one to miss free publicity! Wasn't too bad considering we got half an hours notice! Didn't realise it was to be a TV interview mind, otherwise I'd have had the bus washed  Wink

The service changes in April will see our X8 grow once again as it's proving to be very popular, and new service 6 will add an additional service between Stockton & the hospital serving some areas with a reduced (and some non-existent) service recently!

Looking at that window, a clean bus was the least of your worries! Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm #461

(23 Feb 2018, 9:00 pm)tyresmoke Never one to miss free publicity! Wasn't too bad considering we got half an hours notice! Didn't realise it was to be a TV interview mind, otherwise I'd have had the bus washed  Wink

The service changes in April will see our X8 grow once again as it's proving to be very popular, and new service 6 will add an additional service between Stockton & the hospital serving some areas with a reduced (and some non-existent) service recently!

Looking at that window, a clean bus was the least of your worries! Wink

tyresmoke

24 Feb 2018, 9:15 pm #462
(23 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm)Andreos1 Looking at that window, a clean bus was the least of your worries! Wink

Haha yes the top deck windscreen on ‘my’ Scania (28 YN03DFC) had a crack in one layer of glass so it was getting replaced and 26 also had its lower deck windscreen replaced at the same time! Expensive business lol

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
24 Feb 2018, 9:15 pm #462

(23 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm)Andreos1 Looking at that window, a clean bus was the least of your worries! Wink

Haha yes the top deck windscreen on ‘my’ Scania (28 YN03DFC) had a crack in one layer of glass so it was getting replaced and 26 also had its lower deck windscreen replaced at the same time! Expensive business lol

Michael

04 Mar 2018, 10:12 pm #463

What will allocated to the 6?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Mar 2018, 10:12 pm #463

What will allocated to the 6?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Cock Robin

05 Mar 2018, 11:23 am #464
I would presume it will interwork with the short X8.
Cock Robin
05 Mar 2018, 11:23 am #464

I would presume it will interwork with the short X8.

tyresmoke

05 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm #465
(05 Mar 2018, 11:23 am)Cock Robin I would presume it will interwork with the short X8.

Indeed it will! Likely to be a minibus and double deck as they’ll interwork with our Prior Pursglove college services & Northfield School bus 86

tyresmoke
05 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm #465

(05 Mar 2018, 11:23 am)Cock Robin I would presume it will interwork with the short X8.

Indeed it will! Likely to be a minibus and double deck as they’ll interwork with our Prior Pursglove college services & Northfield School bus 86

tyresmoke

14 Mar 2018, 6:03 pm #466
A new addition to our fleet at Stagecarriage is VDL SB200 Plaxtons Centro YJ57BCU, ex East Yorkshire Council, still branded for the Bridlington P&R

tyresmoke
14 Mar 2018, 6:03 pm #466

A new addition to our fleet at Stagecarriage is VDL SB200 Plaxtons Centro YJ57BCU, ex East Yorkshire Council, still branded for the Bridlington P&R

tyresmoke

23 Mar 2018, 8:28 pm #467
Leaving the fleet this week has been Volvo B12B SP07FCX which left us on Wednesday for Authenticoach in Bristol

tyresmoke
23 Mar 2018, 8:28 pm #467

Leaving the fleet this week has been Volvo B12B SP07FCX which left us on Wednesday for Authenticoach in Bristol

GuyParkRoyal

26 Mar 2018, 3:13 pm #468
Stagecarriage is the latest partner of Vamooz with an attendance planned for Teesside Park on 7th April.
GuyParkRoyal
26 Mar 2018, 3:13 pm #468

Stagecarriage is the latest partner of Vamooz with an attendance planned for Teesside Park on 7th April.

Malarkey

31 Mar 2018, 8:21 pm #469
(26 Mar 2018, 3:13 pm)GuyParkRoyal Stagecarriage is the latest partner of Vamooz with an attendance planned for Teesside Park on 7th April.

More details here - http://www.route-one.net/articles/Busine...o_Teesside
Malarkey
31 Mar 2018, 8:21 pm #469

(26 Mar 2018, 3:13 pm)GuyParkRoyal Stagecarriage is the latest partner of Vamooz with an attendance planned for Teesside Park on 7th April.

More details here - http://www.route-one.net/articles/Busine...o_Teesside

tyresmoke

05 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm #470
Launch event for the VAMOOZ brand is at Teesside Park this Saturday! Come and see us between about 1000 and 1500.

tyresmoke
05 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm #470

Launch event for the VAMOOZ brand is at Teesside Park this Saturday! Come and see us between about 1000 and 1500.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm #471
(05 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm)tyresmoke Launch event for the VAMOOZ brand is at Teesside Park this Saturday! Come and see us between about 1000 and 1500.

I'm a self-confessed luddite and naturally, I am a little sceptical about Vamooz.

What does it offer me, that a quick flick through the yellow pages/google search and phone call doesn't?

What is the difference between this and the dial-a-ride services that we have seen in the past?

What is the difference between a Vamooz organised coach trip and one advertised on say Stanley or JH website?

I wan't to be convinced that it's different to those things.

Andreos1
05 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm #471

(05 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm)tyresmoke Launch event for the VAMOOZ brand is at Teesside Park this Saturday! Come and see us between about 1000 and 1500.

I'm a self-confessed luddite and naturally, I am a little sceptical about Vamooz.

What does it offer me, that a quick flick through the yellow pages/google search and phone call doesn't?

What is the difference between this and the dial-a-ride services that we have seen in the past?

What is the difference between a Vamooz organised coach trip and one advertised on say Stanley or JH website?

RobinHood

06 Apr 2018, 7:19 am #472
(05 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm)Andreos1 I'm a self-confessed luddite and naturally, I am a little sceptical about Vamooz.

Same here.

How many people need to sign up for a journey to actually run? Can't see anywhere locally in Teesside that either isn't already served by bus (in which case, what's the point?) or is likely to see a modal shift to make this worthwhile.

I can however, perhaps see some use for day trips to Flamingo Land or Lightwater Valley for example, people can suggest dates and others will agree to tag along basically, but as a regular journey option - unlikely, except in the case of schools or colleges.

I know the biggest colleges in the area already have network wide agreements with operators, Stage carriage included, highly doubt they will move away from that flexibility.

Other than that, don't expect Stagecoach or Arriva to be concerned, besides a few school journeys, certainly hasn't set the world on fire at Transdev.
RobinHood
06 Apr 2018, 7:19 am #472

(05 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm)Andreos1 I'm a self-confessed luddite and naturally, I am a little sceptical about Vamooz.

Same here.

How many people need to sign up for a journey to actually run? Can't see anywhere locally in Teesside that either isn't already served by bus (in which case, what's the point?) or is likely to see a modal shift to make this worthwhile.

I can however, perhaps see some use for day trips to Flamingo Land or Lightwater Valley for example, people can suggest dates and others will agree to tag along basically, but as a regular journey option - unlikely, except in the case of schools or colleges.

I know the biggest colleges in the area already have network wide agreements with operators, Stage carriage included, highly doubt they will move away from that flexibility.

Other than that, don't expect Stagecoach or Arriva to be concerned, besides a few school journeys, certainly hasn't set the world on fire at Transdev.

Cock Robin

06 Apr 2018, 3:04 pm #473
(06 Apr 2018, 7:19 am)RobinHood Same here.

Same here as well! So there's at least three of us!
Cock Robin
06 Apr 2018, 3:04 pm #473

(06 Apr 2018, 7:19 am)RobinHood Same here.

Same here as well! So there's at least three of us!

James101

06 Apr 2018, 6:37 pm #474
I do see a point the point of Vamooz, well a few points actually. It's early days for each application, but hopefully with enough exposure it will take off. Whatever your opinion, apps & tech are the way forward in any industry; Uber, Rightmove, Tinder have revolutionised their respective markets. Individuals may scoff and say they don't 'get it' but progress won't halt for them - after all the yellow pages isn't even in print anymore!

Vamooz for home to school/work transport - Vamooz provides the tech platform for passengers to contribute their fare for a private contract service. Much easier for workers or parents to pay via an app and easier & cheaper for the operator to have one platform which handles the payments and holds the passenger & service data. Could Vamooz be the answer for the tricky but seemingly hard to execute Hartlepool - Newcastle express? An express daily coach, pre-paid by workers - akin to the Kings Ferry services in London? It could be trailed by Stagecarriage without having the 8 week wait to register and deregister with VOSA. Seeing as Facebook is the all seeing eye, adverts could be easily targeted toward people who live in Hartlepool and commute to Newcastle. 

Vamooz for day trippers - I think this is the simplest way to apply Vamooz. The app effectively replaces the day-trip brochure from the travel shop (which in most towns has been closed). Flexibility for the operator as they don't need to commit to an entire season of trips before committing to printing a brochure. Again better for the passenger who can search for trips and book their place from their phone. Same for transport to music festivals and big events. In years gone by, in Hartlepool, I know I'd need to go to either the Arriva travel shop or 'Other Tours' to book such trips - both have long since closed. I honestly wouldn't know where to look for a coach to say, Leeds Fest now. 

Vamooz for private hire - a few months ago I organised an away day for around 70 people to Alton Towers. An awkward number which meant we needed either a 3+2 school seater (not appealing for comfort) or 2 coaches (twice the expense). We went with 2 coaches, had the operator been a Vamooz partner we could have listed the journey and whatever few extra passengers from the general public joined us could have lowered the cost for everyone. Vamooz could be the platform to pair up smaller groups making similar journeys. How many minibuses of stag & hen parties must depart Teesside for Manchester & Liverpool each weekend? I'm sure they'd be happy to buddy up on a bigger coach if it meant saving money all round.
James101
06 Apr 2018, 6:37 pm #474

I do see a point the point of Vamooz, well a few points actually. It's early days for each application, but hopefully with enough exposure it will take off. Whatever your opinion, apps & tech are the way forward in any industry; Uber, Rightmove, Tinder have revolutionised their respective markets. Individuals may scoff and say they don't 'get it' but progress won't halt for them - after all the yellow pages isn't even in print anymore!

Vamooz for home to school/work transport - Vamooz provides the tech platform for passengers to contribute their fare for a private contract service. Much easier for workers or parents to pay via an app and easier & cheaper for the operator to have one platform which handles the payments and holds the passenger & service data. Could Vamooz be the answer for the tricky but seemingly hard to execute Hartlepool - Newcastle express? An express daily coach, pre-paid by workers - akin to the Kings Ferry services in London? It could be trailed by Stagecarriage without having the 8 week wait to register and deregister with VOSA. Seeing as Facebook is the all seeing eye, adverts could be easily targeted toward people who live in Hartlepool and commute to Newcastle. 

Vamooz for day trippers - I think this is the simplest way to apply Vamooz. The app effectively replaces the day-trip brochure from the travel shop (which in most towns has been closed). Flexibility for the operator as they don't need to commit to an entire season of trips before committing to printing a brochure. Again better for the passenger who can search for trips and book their place from their phone. Same for transport to music festivals and big events. In years gone by, in Hartlepool, I know I'd need to go to either the Arriva travel shop or 'Other Tours' to book such trips - both have long since closed. I honestly wouldn't know where to look for a coach to say, Leeds Fest now. 

Vamooz for private hire - a few months ago I organised an away day for around 70 people to Alton Towers. An awkward number which meant we needed either a 3+2 school seater (not appealing for comfort) or 2 coaches (twice the expense). We went with 2 coaches, had the operator been a Vamooz partner we could have listed the journey and whatever few extra passengers from the general public joined us could have lowered the cost for everyone. Vamooz could be the platform to pair up smaller groups making similar journeys. How many minibuses of stag & hen parties must depart Teesside for Manchester & Liverpool each weekend? I'm sure they'd be happy to buddy up on a bigger coach if it meant saving money all round.

RobinHood

06 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm #475
(06 Apr 2018, 6:37 pm)James101 I do see a point the point of Vamooz, well a few points actually. It's early days for each application, but hopefully with enough exposure it will take off. Whatever your opinion, apps & tech are the way forward in any industry; Uber, Rightmove, Tinder have revolutionised their respective markets. Individuals may scoff and say they don't 'get it' but progress won't halt for them - after all the yellow pages isn't even in print anymore!

I think this is pretty much where I suggested it may work. Agree with most points here certainly.

The bit im not convinced about is the likelihood of this replacing regular bus services or even operating like a regular bus service, it just won't.

It sounds like it may be great for operators who schedule day trips, but irrespective of what medium you use to buy your ticket or book your seat, the cost to operate is the same and the demand needs to be there. If it was, a bus service would already exist.

But yeah, day trips I can see it work, but that's nothing new to Stagecarriage.
RobinHood
06 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm #475

(06 Apr 2018, 6:37 pm)James101 I do see a point the point of Vamooz, well a few points actually. It's early days for each application, but hopefully with enough exposure it will take off. Whatever your opinion, apps & tech are the way forward in any industry; Uber, Rightmove, Tinder have revolutionised their respective markets. Individuals may scoff and say they don't 'get it' but progress won't halt for them - after all the yellow pages isn't even in print anymore!

I think this is pretty much where I suggested it may work. Agree with most points here certainly.

The bit im not convinced about is the likelihood of this replacing regular bus services or even operating like a regular bus service, it just won't.

It sounds like it may be great for operators who schedule day trips, but irrespective of what medium you use to buy your ticket or book your seat, the cost to operate is the same and the demand needs to be there. If it was, a bus service would already exist.

But yeah, day trips I can see it work, but that's nothing new to Stagecarriage.

Michael

10 Apr 2018, 7:51 pm #476
From Facebook:

Ride with us to the Sunderland Air Show for our first Teesside trip with Stagecarriage. 

We're picking up in Middlesbrough, Stockton, Norton and Billingham. Download our app and get £5 off your booking!

The more that ride...the less you pay! Tell your friends, bring some along and your ticket price will fall. Keep sharing ?
Edited 10 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2018, 7:51 pm #476

From Facebook:

Ride with us to the Sunderland Air Show for our first Teesside trip with Stagecarriage. 

We're picking up in Middlesbrough, Stockton, Norton and Billingham. Download our app and get £5 off your booking!

The more that ride...the less you pay! Tell your friends, bring some along and your ticket price will fall. Keep sharing ?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

13 Apr 2018, 9:37 am #477
PB1118065/24 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED
Route: Wheatlands Park, Redcar Lane to Bydales School
Service number: 201
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 05 Jun 2018

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Apr 2018, 9:37 am #477

PB1118065/24 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED
Route: Wheatlands Park, Redcar Lane to Bydales School
Service number: 201
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 05 Jun 2018

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S830OFT

20 May 2018, 5:18 pm #478
Sampled Stagecarriage yesterday on their X8 service and I must say I was impressed with pretty much everything. I boarded the 13:00 service from Middlesbrough, whilst waiting I thought it would be the Omnidekka parked in the layover bay, but the Citaro came in then. The Citaro arrived 4 minutes late upon leaving, but easilly regained the time by Teeside Park. I also sampled rides on their Centro, Solo and Omnicity which were also allocated to the service. I also noted that the X8 journeys were timed to run infront of the S1 service, and when I seen the Pulsar on the S1 it was pretty much dead, I can't see that service surviving. Also all the drivers were very friendly and welcoming so I would definitely use their services again.

Just a quick question does anybody know what is the current fleet and the allocations to the X8, 88 and Asda Free Bus?

S830OFT
20 May 2018, 5:18 pm #478

Sampled Stagecarriage yesterday on their X8 service and I must say I was impressed with pretty much everything. I boarded the 13:00 service from Middlesbrough, whilst waiting I thought it would be the Omnidekka parked in the layover bay, but the Citaro came in then. The Citaro arrived 4 minutes late upon leaving, but easilly regained the time by Teeside Park. I also sampled rides on their Centro, Solo and Omnicity which were also allocated to the service. I also noted that the X8 journeys were timed to run infront of the S1 service, and when I seen the Pulsar on the S1 it was pretty much dead, I can't see that service surviving. Also all the drivers were very friendly and welcoming so I would definitely use their services again.

Just a quick question does anybody know what is the current fleet and the allocations to the X8, 88 and Asda Free Bus?

RobinHood

21 May 2018, 5:34 am #479
(20 May 2018, 5:18 pm)S830OFT Sampled Stagecarriage yesterday on their X8 service and I must say I was impressed with pretty much everything. I boarded the 13:00 service from Middlesbrough, whilst waiting I thought it would be the Omnidekka parked in the layover bay, but the Citaro came in then. The Citaro arrived 4 minutes late upon leaving, but easilly regained the time by Teeside Park. I also sampled rides on their Centro, Solo and Omnicity which were also allocated to the service. I also noted that the X8 journeys were timed to run infront of the S1 service, and when I seen the Pulsar on the S1 it was pretty much dead, I can't see that service surviving. Also all the drivers were very friendly and welcoming so I would definitely use their services again.

I'm surprised the S1 still runs, even with the X8 being in place for a while now. The S2 went fairly swiftly due to low usage - however the S1 clings on.

I can only assume that the bus does carry enough to justify existence.

To be fair, I've also seen the X8 looking very underpopulated on lots of occasions too. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
RobinHood
21 May 2018, 5:34 am #479

(20 May 2018, 5:18 pm)S830OFT Sampled Stagecarriage yesterday on their X8 service and I must say I was impressed with pretty much everything. I boarded the 13:00 service from Middlesbrough, whilst waiting I thought it would be the Omnidekka parked in the layover bay, but the Citaro came in then. The Citaro arrived 4 minutes late upon leaving, but easilly regained the time by Teeside Park. I also sampled rides on their Centro, Solo and Omnicity which were also allocated to the service. I also noted that the X8 journeys were timed to run infront of the S1 service, and when I seen the Pulsar on the S1 it was pretty much dead, I can't see that service surviving. Also all the drivers were very friendly and welcoming so I would definitely use their services again.

I'm surprised the S1 still runs, even with the X8 being in place for a while now. The S2 went fairly swiftly due to low usage - however the S1 clings on.

I can only assume that the bus does carry enough to justify existence.

To be fair, I've also seen the X8 looking very underpopulated on lots of occasions too. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Andreos1

21 May 2018, 6:50 pm #480
One for Scott. When it makes millions, just remember where the idea came from Wink

Operating on market days only: Darlington - Stockton via Great Stainton, Bishopton and Carlton then on to N Tees and current route as variation of existing Stillington runs.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday connecting outlying villages to the two major towns in the area.

Andreos1
21 May 2018, 6:50 pm #480

One for Scott. When it makes millions, just remember where the idea came from Wink

Operating on market days only: Darlington - Stockton via Great Stainton, Bishopton and Carlton then on to N Tees and current route as variation of existing Stillington runs.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday connecting outlying villages to the two major towns in the area.

Pages (29) Previous 123 24 2529 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average