Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Teesside Independents Stagecarriage of Grangetown

Stagecarriage of Grangetown

Stagecarriage of Grangetown

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (29) Previous 124 25 2629 Next
Jimmi

21 May 2018, 7:16 pm #481
(21 May 2018, 6:50 pm)Andreos1 One for Scott. When it makes millions, just remember where the idea came from Wink

Operating on market days only: Darlington - Stockton via Great Stainton, Bishopton and Carlton then on to N Tees and current route as variation of existing Stillington runs.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday connecting outlying villages to the two major towns in the area.

Funny you mention this, a thought that I had the other day was merging the 88 with the Scarlet Band 20 route to create one through Darlington - Stockton route to open up more links to the likes of Longnewton and Sadberge (maybe even restore a bus service to Brafferton?), although it may be a struggle to fit in a decent number of journeys on the service if it interworked around college contracts, also it would no longer run to Yarm and also no longer run between Darlington and Neasham.

Darlington market ain't what it once was though, even from when I was a bairn.
Edited 21 May 2018, 7:20 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
21 May 2018, 7:16 pm #481

(21 May 2018, 6:50 pm)Andreos1 One for Scott. When it makes millions, just remember where the idea came from Wink

Operating on market days only: Darlington - Stockton via Great Stainton, Bishopton and Carlton then on to N Tees and current route as variation of existing Stillington runs.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday connecting outlying villages to the two major towns in the area.

Funny you mention this, a thought that I had the other day was merging the 88 with the Scarlet Band 20 route to create one through Darlington - Stockton route to open up more links to the likes of Longnewton and Sadberge (maybe even restore a bus service to Brafferton?), although it may be a struggle to fit in a decent number of journeys on the service if it interworked around college contracts, also it would no longer run to Yarm and also no longer run between Darlington and Neasham.

Andreos1

21 May 2018, 8:03 pm #482
(21 May 2018, 7:16 pm)Jimmi Funny you mention this, a thought that I had the other day was merging the 88 with the Scarlet Band 20 route to create one through Darlington - Stockton route to open up more links to the likes of Longnewton and Sadberge (maybe even restore a bus service to Brafferton?), although it may be a struggle to fit in a decent number of journeys on the service if it interworked around college contracts, also it would no longer run to Yarm and also no longer run between Darlington and Neasham.

I forgot about the Scarlet Band 20 to be honest.

I think a couple of journeys a day would probably suffice. Couple in the morning/afternoon in each direction.
The idea of extending the X8 was to supplement the short runs, but it would need an increase to the PVR - which may or may not be sustainable.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 May 2018, 8:03 pm #482

(21 May 2018, 7:16 pm)Jimmi Funny you mention this, a thought that I had the other day was merging the 88 with the Scarlet Band 20 route to create one through Darlington - Stockton route to open up more links to the likes of Longnewton and Sadberge (maybe even restore a bus service to Brafferton?), although it may be a struggle to fit in a decent number of journeys on the service if it interworked around college contracts, also it would no longer run to Yarm and also no longer run between Darlington and Neasham.

I forgot about the Scarlet Band 20 to be honest.

I think a couple of journeys a day would probably suffice. Couple in the morning/afternoon in each direction.
The idea of extending the X8 was to supplement the short runs, but it would need an increase to the PVR - which may or may not be sustainable.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

tyresmoke

21 May 2018, 9:15 pm #483
(21 May 2018, 8:03 pm)Andreos1 I forgot about the Scarlet Band 20 to be honest.

It's interesting to see our services get a bit of discussion! Sadly the funding for service 88 runs out in September at the moment. I'd like to see more funding for rural services that link up our long forgotten villages but sadly it doesn't look like there will be any forthcoming as none of the £59m "Transforming Cities" fund can be used for bus services apparently.
I'd be reluctant to do anything dependent on day of the week with our X8 though as that's a strong commercial service on its own now. The latest change to the timetable was requested by our partners at Teesside Park to better align with their staff shift times, and we added a college bus into the middle of the day to offer a half hourly frequency during the main shopping hours. It's going well but I've already identified some tweaks required to the timings.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
21 May 2018, 9:15 pm #483

(21 May 2018, 8:03 pm)Andreos1 I forgot about the Scarlet Band 20 to be honest.

It's interesting to see our services get a bit of discussion! Sadly the funding for service 88 runs out in September at the moment. I'd like to see more funding for rural services that link up our long forgotten villages but sadly it doesn't look like there will be any forthcoming as none of the £59m "Transforming Cities" fund can be used for bus services apparently.
I'd be reluctant to do anything dependent on day of the week with our X8 though as that's a strong commercial service on its own now. The latest change to the timetable was requested by our partners at Teesside Park to better align with their staff shift times, and we added a college bus into the middle of the day to offer a half hourly frequency during the main shopping hours. It's going well but I've already identified some tweaks required to the timings.

Cock Robin

22 May 2018, 9:45 am #484

That would mean neighboring councils co-ordinating. We can't have that! Bring back Cleveland County!
Cock Robin
22 May 2018, 9:45 am #484

That would mean neighboring councils co-ordinating. We can't have that! Bring back Cleveland County!

tvd

24 May 2018, 7:23 am #485
Does the X56 college service have dead mileage at both ends? Seems odd that Stagecarriage has been able to win this contract rather than a Whitby operator.
tvd
24 May 2018, 7:23 am #485

Does the X56 college service have dead mileage at both ends? Seems odd that Stagecarriage has been able to win this contract rather than a Whitby operator.

RobinHood

26 May 2018, 9:58 pm #486
(24 May 2018, 7:23 am)tvd Does the X56 college service have dead mileage at both ends?  Seems odd that Stagecarriage has been able to win this contract rather than a Whitby operator.

Probably an 'unregistered' operating centre (i.e someone's driveway...).

I'm sure the DVSA will find out one day.
RobinHood
26 May 2018, 9:58 pm #486

(24 May 2018, 7:23 am)tvd Does the X56 college service have dead mileage at both ends?  Seems odd that Stagecarriage has been able to win this contract rather than a Whitby operator.

Probably an 'unregistered' operating centre (i.e someone's driveway...).

tyresmoke

31 May 2018, 7:23 pm #487
(26 May 2018, 9:58 pm)RobinHood Probably an 'unregistered' operating centre (i.e someone's driveway...).

The coach is based at our depot in Grangetown but it does often stay overnight down in Whitby to save on dead mileage.

tyresmoke
31 May 2018, 7:23 pm #487

(26 May 2018, 9:58 pm)RobinHood Probably an 'unregistered' operating centre (i.e someone's driveway...).

The coach is based at our depot in Grangetown but it does often stay overnight down in Whitby to save on dead mileage.

Michael

24 Jul 2018, 6:26 pm #488
PB1118065/23 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED
Route: Stockton High Street, Stand E to North Tees Hospital Grounds
Service number: 6
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Sep 2018

PB1118065/21 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED
Route: Stillington to James Cook Hospital Grounds
Service number: X8

loads of school services canceled.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jul 2018, 6:26 pm #488

PB1118065/23 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

PB1118065/21 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

25 Jul 2018, 2:00 pm #489
(24 Jul 2018, 6:26 pm)Michael PB1118065/23 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

PB1118065/21 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

Don't worry they've all been re-registered with different numbers & routes

The 6 is just minor timetable changes to take account of changes to the X8 which will now (hopefully!) extend to James Cook Hospital bus terminus hourly through the day.

tyresmoke
25 Jul 2018, 2:00 pm #489

(24 Jul 2018, 6:26 pm)Michael PB1118065/23 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

PB1118065/21 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

Don't worry they've all been re-registered with different numbers & routes

The 6 is just minor timetable changes to take account of changes to the X8 which will now (hopefully!) extend to James Cook Hospital bus terminus hourly through the day.

Michael

01 Aug 2018, 8:37 pm #490
(25 Jul 2018, 2:00 pm)tyresmoke Don't worry they've all been re-registered with different numbers & routes

Confirmed now by Stagecarriage..

We've had our busiest day ever on our X8 buses today with well over 500 passengers in one day - it's great to see so many happy people using the services!

We've got some great news for you too... from Monday 3rd September our X8 buses will extend from Middlesbrough to James Cook Hospital once an hour, running via North Ormesby and Longlands giving direct links to the hospital from Stockton, North Tees Hospital and Stillington!
What's even better is our buses will operate directly into the hospital grounds, dropping you right outside the door.

Watch out for the new timetables available soon

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Aug 2018, 8:37 pm #490

(25 Jul 2018, 2:00 pm)tyresmoke Don't worry they've all been re-registered with different numbers & routes

Confirmed now by Stagecarriage..

We've had our busiest day ever on our X8 buses today with well over 500 passengers in one day - it's great to see so many happy people using the services!

We've got some great news for you too... from Monday 3rd September our X8 buses will extend from Middlesbrough to James Cook Hospital once an hour, running via North Ormesby and Longlands giving direct links to the hospital from Stockton, North Tees Hospital and Stillington!
What's even better is our buses will operate directly into the hospital grounds, dropping you right outside the door.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

RobinHood

01 Aug 2018, 8:46 pm #491
(01 Aug 2018, 8:37 pm)Michael Confirmed now by Stagecarriage..

Isnt the X8 three buses? Still sounds very poorly used. I hope they have success with James Cook Hospital, but worry that it will fall foul of the same problems that plauged the 37 and X6 when they went in. Peak times, you simply couldnt get out of the grounds!

I think Stagecoach are also running via Longlands again from September, which means 5 buses per hour where the 28/28A currently run on their own. I wonder if Arriva will react? Although they tend to make changes in July and February.
RobinHood
01 Aug 2018, 8:46 pm #491

(01 Aug 2018, 8:37 pm)Michael Confirmed now by Stagecarriage..

Isnt the X8 three buses? Still sounds very poorly used. I hope they have success with James Cook Hospital, but worry that it will fall foul of the same problems that plauged the 37 and X6 when they went in. Peak times, you simply couldnt get out of the grounds!

I think Stagecoach are also running via Longlands again from September, which means 5 buses per hour where the 28/28A currently run on their own. I wonder if Arriva will react? Although they tend to make changes in July and February.

Cock Robin

02 Aug 2018, 11:21 am #492
(01 Aug 2018, 8:46 pm)RobinHood Isnt the X8 three buses? Still sounds very poorly used. I hope they have success with James Cook Hospital, but worry that it will fall foul of the same problems that plauged the 37 and X6 when they went in. Peak times, you simply couldnt get out of the grounds!

The 10 used to run that way anyway. The X8 uses 4 buses, though two interwork with the 6.
Cock Robin
02 Aug 2018, 11:21 am #492

(01 Aug 2018, 8:46 pm)RobinHood Isnt the X8 three buses? Still sounds very poorly used. I hope they have success with James Cook Hospital, but worry that it will fall foul of the same problems that plauged the 37 and X6 when they went in. Peak times, you simply couldnt get out of the grounds!

The 10 used to run that way anyway. The X8 uses 4 buses, though two interwork with the 6.

tyresmoke

02 Aug 2018, 3:42 pm #493
(02 Aug 2018, 11:21 am)Cock Robin The 10 used to run that way anyway. The X8 uses 4 buses, though two interwork with the 6.

They also interwork with various schools and college services. From September it’ll be 5 on the circuit but again with a fair few schools included which helps to boost the revenue even higher.

tyresmoke
02 Aug 2018, 3:42 pm #493

(02 Aug 2018, 11:21 am)Cock Robin The 10 used to run that way anyway. The X8 uses 4 buses, though two interwork with the 6.

They also interwork with various schools and college services. From September it’ll be 5 on the circuit but again with a fair few schools included which helps to boost the revenue even higher.

Jimmi

03 Aug 2018, 6:26 pm #494
Currently on loan to Stagecarriage is A-Line Coaches' Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown - X922 WGR.
[Image: 29957754028_8eb53d0f33_k.jpg]A-Line Coaches: 922 / X922WGR by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Volvo B10M / Van Hool Alizee - RNZ 1201 put in an unusual appearance on the 88 on Wednesday.
[Image: 41980674720_07ff827a4d_k.jpg]Stagecarriage: RNZ1201 by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Jimmi
03 Aug 2018, 6:26 pm #494

Currently on loan to Stagecarriage is A-Line Coaches' Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown - X922 WGR.
[Image: 29957754028_8eb53d0f33_k.jpg]A-Line Coaches: 922 / X922WGR by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Volvo B10M / Van Hool Alizee - RNZ 1201 put in an unusual appearance on the 88 on Wednesday.
[Image: 41980674720_07ff827a4d_k.jpg]Stagecarriage: RNZ1201 by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Kuyoyo

16 Aug 2018, 10:34 am #495
As confirmed on 'TM Travel Enthusiasts' Facebook Group, VDL SB120/Plaxton Centre YJ56JYA and YJ07JWU have been purchased by Stagecarriage.

[Image: 37039346772_46678d232f_b.jpg]TM Travel 0796 (YJ56 JYA) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
[Image: 27770989813_23fbf2f9d4_b.jpg]TM Travel 0800 (YJ07 JWU) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
Kuyoyo
16 Aug 2018, 10:34 am #495

As confirmed on 'TM Travel Enthusiasts' Facebook Group, VDL SB120/Plaxton Centre YJ56JYA and YJ07JWU have been purchased by Stagecarriage.

[Image: 37039346772_46678d232f_b.jpg]TM Travel 0796 (YJ56 JYA) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
[Image: 27770989813_23fbf2f9d4_b.jpg]TM Travel 0800 (YJ07 JWU) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

Kuyoyo

17 Sep 2018, 3:59 pm #496
Goodbye 88 at the end of October after just less than 4 years

PB1118065/14 Cancelled
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED
Route: YARM TOWN HALL to STOCKTON HIGH STREET
Service number: 77
Effective date: 30 Oct 2018
Kuyoyo
17 Sep 2018, 3:59 pm #496

Goodbye 88 at the end of October after just less than 4 years

PB1118065/14 Cancelled
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

tyresmoke

17 Sep 2018, 7:07 pm #497
(17 Sep 2018, 3:59 pm)Kuyoyo Goodbye 88 at the end of October after just less than 4 years

PB1118065/14 Cancelled
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

Such a shame that it's not quite commercially viable to continue running it once the funding runs out. I'm lead to believe it will be replaced with a council minibus running to the same schedule, so at least the service will continue.

tyresmoke
17 Sep 2018, 7:07 pm #497

(17 Sep 2018, 3:59 pm)Kuyoyo Goodbye 88 at the end of October after just less than 4 years

PB1118065/14 Cancelled
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED

Such a shame that it's not quite commercially viable to continue running it once the funding runs out. I'm lead to believe it will be replaced with a council minibus running to the same schedule, so at least the service will continue.

jimmoc

05 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm #498
Would a service from easingwold to Teesside park work only way to that village now is by train and people in easingwold can only go to York I think if their was bus service to take them Teesside it would get used alot gives people more choice where to go and would be a great service for stagecarriage to run expand the Teesside park service more
jimmoc
05 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm #498

Would a service from easingwold to Teesside park work only way to that village now is by train and people in easingwold can only go to York I think if their was bus service to take them Teesside it would get used alot gives people more choice where to go and would be a great service for stagecarriage to run expand the Teesside park service more

tcts24

05 Oct 2018, 8:01 pm #499
(05 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm)jimmoc Would a service from easingwold to Teesside park work only way to that village now is by train and people in easingwold can only go to York I think if their was bus service to take them Teesside it would get used alot gives people more choice where to go and would be a great service for stagecarriage to run expand the Teesside park service more

Think you could have some difficulty getting to Easingword by train. According to Wikipedia (always a valuable source of information Dodgy ), it'll be 70 years next month that a passenger train last served the town. The bus service on the other hand is fairly good for a small North Yorkshire market town. Theres hourly links a couple of other towns such as Sutton, Helmsley and Thirsk. And of course there's up to 4 buses per hour to York. I'll be honest, If I was rich enough to live in Easingwold, going to Teesside Park or anywhere near Middlesbrough wouldn't enter my head for a second. Seriously, think about it... York or Teesside Park?
tcts24
05 Oct 2018, 8:01 pm #499

(05 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm)jimmoc Would a service from easingwold to Teesside park work only way to that village now is by train and people in easingwold can only go to York I think if their was bus service to take them Teesside it would get used alot gives people more choice where to go and would be a great service for stagecarriage to run expand the Teesside park service more

Think you could have some difficulty getting to Easingword by train. According to Wikipedia (always a valuable source of information Dodgy ), it'll be 70 years next month that a passenger train last served the town. The bus service on the other hand is fairly good for a small North Yorkshire market town. Theres hourly links a couple of other towns such as Sutton, Helmsley and Thirsk. And of course there's up to 4 buses per hour to York. I'll be honest, If I was rich enough to live in Easingwold, going to Teesside Park or anywhere near Middlesbrough wouldn't enter my head for a second. Seriously, think about it... York or Teesside Park?

jimmoc

05 Oct 2018, 10:09 pm #500
(05 Oct 2018, 8:01 pm)tcts24 Think you could have some difficulty getting to Easingword by train. According to Wikipedia (always a valuable source of information Dodgy ), it'll be 70 years next month that a passenger train last served the town. The bus service on the other hand is fairly good for a small North Yorkshire market town. Theres hourly links a couple of other towns such as Sutton, Helmsley and Thirsk. And of course there's up to 4 buses per hour to York. I'll be honest, If I was rich enough to live in Easingwold, going to Teesside Park or anywhere near Middlesbrough wouldn't enter my head for a second. Seriously, think about it... York or Teesside Park?

Yeah you got a good point rather go to York then Teesside
jimmoc
05 Oct 2018, 10:09 pm #500

(05 Oct 2018, 8:01 pm)tcts24 Think you could have some difficulty getting to Easingword by train. According to Wikipedia (always a valuable source of information Dodgy ), it'll be 70 years next month that a passenger train last served the town. The bus service on the other hand is fairly good for a small North Yorkshire market town. Theres hourly links a couple of other towns such as Sutton, Helmsley and Thirsk. And of course there's up to 4 buses per hour to York. I'll be honest, If I was rich enough to live in Easingwold, going to Teesside Park or anywhere near Middlesbrough wouldn't enter my head for a second. Seriously, think about it... York or Teesside Park?

Yeah you got a good point rather go to York then Teesside

Pages (29) Previous 124 25 2629 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average