Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators North West Bus Operations

North West Bus Operations

North West Bus Operations

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (62) Previous 160 61 62
06 Apr 2024, 8:11 am #1,221
(28 Mar 2024, 10:48 pm)Storx Be interesting to see if Stagecoach use it as a chance to improve other areas, rather than flogging all their buses to Metroline. Wouldn't be too surprised to see the newer stock being swapped with the likes of the 58 plates up here as a chance to get arid of their old stuff for a price.

Stockport is due to receive 170 new electric buses later this year.

I think the newer buses will remain with Stagecoach, inside and outside Manchester, but that they may loan or sell the older buses - namely 2008/09 Enviro 400s - to Metroline if they need any initially for services taken over from Stagecoach Manchester.
MetrolineGA1511
06 Apr 2024, 8:11 am #1,221

(28 Mar 2024, 10:48 pm)Storx Be interesting to see if Stagecoach use it as a chance to improve other areas, rather than flogging all their buses to Metroline. Wouldn't be too surprised to see the newer stock being swapped with the likes of the 58 plates up here as a chance to get arid of their old stuff for a price.

Stockport is due to receive 170 new electric buses later this year.

I think the newer buses will remain with Stagecoach, inside and outside Manchester, but that they may loan or sell the older buses - namely 2008/09 Enviro 400s - to Metroline if they need any initially for services taken over from Stagecoach Manchester.

Storx

06 Apr 2024, 1:04 pm #1,222
(06 Apr 2024, 8:11 am)MetrolineGA1511 Stockport is due to receive 170 new electric buses later this year.

Aye that's my thoughts aswell, if I had to be honest. Apart from the few school buses using old stuff. I don't think there's much stuff needed inside Manchester is there?

Mind it'll be interesting to see where Metroline manages to get all these buses from if they don't sell them at all (believe they will though). It's a sizable fleet with only really London to displace stuff from.
Storx
06 Apr 2024, 1:04 pm #1,222

(06 Apr 2024, 8:11 am)MetrolineGA1511 Stockport is due to receive 170 new electric buses later this year.

Aye that's my thoughts aswell, if I had to be honest. Apart from the few school buses using old stuff. I don't think there's much stuff needed inside Manchester is there?

Mind it'll be interesting to see where Metroline manages to get all these buses from if they don't sell them at all (believe they will though). It's a sizable fleet with only really London to displace stuff from.

Pages (62) Previous 160 61 62

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average