Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Tyne & Wear Independents Northstar

Northstar

Northstar

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
Ambassador

31 Mar 2024, 10:23 pm #21
Mentioned in Sir Roger French’s blog and multiple retweets by Best Copy and Paste

Dan is moving up in the world
Ambassador
31 Mar 2024, 10:23 pm #21

Mentioned in Sir Roger French’s blog and multiple retweets by Best Copy and Paste

Rob44

01 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm #22
do we know it this northstar company is going commercial with routes, like an arriva or GNE, or more of a coaching/ school services like JH coaches or all out nexus contracts like GCT???
Rob44
01 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm #22

do we know it this northstar company is going commercial with routes, like an arriva or GNE, or more of a coaching/ school services like JH coaches or all out nexus contracts like GCT???

LVK 404L

01 Apr 2024, 6:16 pm #23
(01 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm)Rob44 do we know it this northstar company is going commercial with routes, like an arriva or GNE, or more of a coaching/ school services like JH coaches or all out nexus  contracts like GCT???

Guess it will also depend on how many vehicles get acquired. At moment, not much you can do with just 1 double deck vehcile.
LVK 404L
01 Apr 2024, 6:16 pm #23

(01 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm)Rob44 do we know it this northstar company is going commercial with routes, like an arriva or GNE, or more of a coaching/ school services like JH coaches or all out nexus  contracts like GCT???

Guess it will also depend on how many vehicles get acquired. At moment, not much you can do with just 1 double deck vehcile.

tyresmoke

01 Apr 2024, 6:59 pm #24
(01 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm)Rob44 do we know it this northstar company is going commercial with routes, like an arriva or GNE, or more of a coaching/ school services like JH coaches or all out nexus contracts like GCT???

Would you go into commercial bus services at the moment? Far more money in operating contracts & private hire coaching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
01 Apr 2024, 6:59 pm #24

(01 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm)Rob44 do we know it this northstar company is going commercial with routes, like an arriva or GNE, or more of a coaching/ school services like JH coaches or all out nexus contracts like GCT???

Would you go into commercial bus services at the moment? Far more money in operating contracts & private hire coaching!

Rob44

01 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm #25
(01 Apr 2024, 6:59 pm)tyresmoke Would you go into commercial bus services at the moment? Far more money in operating contracts & private hire coaching!

no i wouldn't but ( and im no fan of them btw) GCT seems to get quite a bit of stick on her for not dipping there toe into the world of commercial contracts so i just wondering if Northstar take the same stance will they get the same grief.  Go luck to north star !
Rob44
01 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm #25

(01 Apr 2024, 6:59 pm)tyresmoke Would you go into commercial bus services at the moment? Far more money in operating contracts & private hire coaching!

no i wouldn't but ( and im no fan of them btw) GCT seems to get quite a bit of stick on her for not dipping there toe into the world of commercial contracts so i just wondering if Northstar take the same stance will they get the same grief.  Go luck to north star !

01 Apr 2024, 7:16 pm #26
I'm just interested to know the behind the scenes of it, why was it set up by MG originally, then taken over by wor Dan with MG resigning as a director?
Did Dan buy the business from MG?
Was it always Dan's and MG just set it up 18 months in advance for Dan to 'acquire' once he formally left GNE?
Are Dan and MG the same person?
streetdeckfan
01 Apr 2024, 7:16 pm #26

I'm just interested to know the behind the scenes of it, why was it set up by MG originally, then taken over by wor Dan with MG resigning as a director?
Was it always Dan's and MG just set it up 18 months in advance for Dan to 'acquire' once he formally left GNE?

Storx

01 Apr 2024, 7:22 pm #27
(01 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm)Rob44 no i wouldn't but ( and im no fan of them btw) GCT seems to get quite a bit of stick on her for not dipping there toe into the world of commercial contracts so i just wondering if Northstar take the same stance will they get the same grief.  Go luck to north star !

This made me laugh and it shouldn't but of course they won't. Some people have one rule for one, and another rule for another on here. Mind the GNE bias has died a lot lately since the strike. Reminds me of football at times.
Storx
01 Apr 2024, 7:22 pm #27

(01 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm)Rob44 no i wouldn't but ( and im no fan of them btw) GCT seems to get quite a bit of stick on her for not dipping there toe into the world of commercial contracts so i just wondering if Northstar take the same stance will they get the same grief.  Go luck to north star !

This made me laugh and it shouldn't but of course they won't. Some people have one rule for one, and another rule for another on here. Mind the GNE bias has died a lot lately since the strike. Reminds me of football at times.

tyresmoke

01 Apr 2024, 7:36 pm #28
(01 Apr 2024, 7:16 pm)streetdeckfan I'm just interested to know the behind the scenes of it, why was it set up by MG originally, then taken over by wor Dan with MG resigning as a director?

I know none of what’s gone on… but let’s take a logical look at this…
The business was set up as ‘RMC1510 Ltd’ on 09 Sep 2022 by MG, presumably to do with the open top Routemaster he has with the same registration. Maybe Martijn had plans for it but then put them on hold when he left his previous job to join his current employers?
Once the business was no longer required he was able to sell it to Dan to take over an already existing company for his plans. Or gift it, same result.
Obviously the company name has been changed on 14 Mar 2024 to be closer to the trading name of Dan’s new business, and he’s become the sole director of the company.
I don’t think there’s any other conspiracy here?

tyresmoke
01 Apr 2024, 7:36 pm #28

(01 Apr 2024, 7:16 pm)streetdeckfan I'm just interested to know the behind the scenes of it, why was it set up by MG originally, then taken over by wor Dan with MG resigning as a director?

I know none of what’s gone on… but let’s take a logical look at this…
The business was set up as ‘RMC1510 Ltd’ on 09 Sep 2022 by MG, presumably to do with the open top Routemaster he has with the same registration. Maybe Martijn had plans for it but then put them on hold when he left his previous job to join his current employers?
Once the business was no longer required he was able to sell it to Dan to take over an already existing company for his plans. Or gift it, same result.
Obviously the company name has been changed on 14 Mar 2024 to be closer to the trading name of Dan’s new business, and he’s become the sole director of the company.
I don’t think there’s any other conspiracy here?

Rob44

01 Apr 2024, 7:38 pm #29
(01 Apr 2024, 7:22 pm)Storx This made me laugh and it shouldn't but of course they won't. Some people have one rule for one, and another rule for another on here. Mind the GNE bias has died a lot lately since the strike. Reminds me of football at times.

glad its not just me then!  Im paying 4 quid to get to work from the penthouse's when i could just pay 2 with a little walk with GCT. So like i say im not here to defend them lot

What was the Sunderland score today storx.  Been at work and still there and cant get on internet??!!
Rob44
01 Apr 2024, 7:38 pm #29

(01 Apr 2024, 7:22 pm)Storx This made me laugh and it shouldn't but of course they won't. Some people have one rule for one, and another rule for another on here. Mind the GNE bias has died a lot lately since the strike. Reminds me of football at times.

glad its not just me then!  Im paying 4 quid to get to work from the penthouse's when i could just pay 2 with a little walk with GCT. So like i say im not here to defend them lot

What was the Sunderland score today storx.  Been at work and still there and cant get on internet??!!

tyresmoke

01 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm #30
(01 Apr 2024, 7:38 pm)Rob44 glad its not just me then!  Im paying 4 quid to get to work from the penthouse's when i could just pay 2 with a little walk with GCT. So like i say im not here to defend them lot

You mean the 5under1and score? They got battered… 5-1

tyresmoke
01 Apr 2024, 7:39 pm #30

(01 Apr 2024, 7:38 pm)Rob44 glad its not just me then!  Im paying 4 quid to get to work from the penthouse's when i could just pay 2 with a little walk with GCT. So like i say im not here to defend them lot

You mean the 5under1and score? They got battered… 5-1

tyresmoke

01 Apr 2024, 7:41 pm #31
(01 Apr 2024, 6:16 pm)LVK 404L Guess it will also depend on how many vehicles get acquired. At moment, not much you can do with just 1 double deck vehcile.

There’s more than one, as I’m sure we’ll see soon! The ops licence has three authorised currently…

tyresmoke
01 Apr 2024, 7:41 pm #31

(01 Apr 2024, 6:16 pm)LVK 404L Guess it will also depend on how many vehicles get acquired. At moment, not much you can do with just 1 double deck vehcile.

There’s more than one, as I’m sure we’ll see soon! The ops licence has three authorised currently…

MurdnunoC

01 Apr 2024, 7:59 pm #32
I'm MG, yes the real MG
All the other MGs are just imitating
So won't the real MG please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up....

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
01 Apr 2024, 7:59 pm #32

I'm MG, yes the real MG
All the other MGs are just imitating
So won't the real MG please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up....

Storx

01 Apr 2024, 8:10 pm #33

5 - 1, got the added bonus it's going to be a chore getting to/from the game thanks to clowns at Nexus HQ / Newcastle CC / Gateshead Council when the Tyne Tunnel is down to one lane soon aswell.
Storx
01 Apr 2024, 8:10 pm #33

5 - 1, got the added bonus it's going to be a chore getting to/from the game thanks to clowns at Nexus HQ / Newcastle CC / Gateshead Council when the Tyne Tunnel is down to one lane soon aswell.

Rob44

01 Apr 2024, 8:52 pm #34
(01 Apr 2024, 8:10 pm)Storx 5 - 1, got the added bonus it's going to be a chore getting to/from the game thanks to clowns at Nexus HQ / Newcastle CC / Gateshead Council when the Tyne Tunnel is down to one lane soon aswell.

Bus to Newcastle then metro the to the ground?
Rob44
01 Apr 2024, 8:52 pm #34

(01 Apr 2024, 8:10 pm)Storx 5 - 1, got the added bonus it's going to be a chore getting to/from the game thanks to clowns at Nexus HQ / Newcastle CC / Gateshead Council when the Tyne Tunnel is down to one lane soon aswell.

Bus to Newcastle then metro the to the ground?

Storx

01 Apr 2024, 9:00 pm #35
(01 Apr 2024, 8:52 pm)Rob44 Bus to Newcastle then metro the to the ground?

We drive in but so do loads of others. Be a chore in both directions with the traffic and it's not avoidable IE through Newcastle. 

Would take like 2 hours to use public transport, if they run at all! I'd literally go mental.
Storx
01 Apr 2024, 9:00 pm #35

(01 Apr 2024, 8:52 pm)Rob44 Bus to Newcastle then metro the to the ground?

We drive in but so do loads of others. Be a chore in both directions with the traffic and it's not avoidable IE through Newcastle. 

Would take like 2 hours to use public transport, if they run at all! I'd literally go mental.

06 Apr 2024, 8:08 am #36
(29 Mar 2024, 3:56 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 53619059560_f450c3bc72_z.jpg]Northstar 412 / D24 NST by kieron mathews, on Flickr
In case I Squared decide to divest any parts of Arriva North East, Northstar could buy.  The livery is already compatible!
MetrolineGA1511
06 Apr 2024, 8:08 am #36

(29 Mar 2024, 3:56 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 53619059560_f450c3bc72_z.jpg]Northstar 412 / D24 NST by kieron mathews, on Flickr
In case I Squared decide to divest any parts of Arriva North East, Northstar could buy.  The livery is already compatible!

Andreos1

07 Apr 2024, 10:39 am #37
(31 Mar 2024, 10:23 pm)Ambassador Mentioned in Sir Roger French’s blog and multiple retweets by Best Copy and Paste

Dan's a fantastic man! He really is.
I was talking to him earlier and he asked me what kind of phone I had and I said a Motorola Timeport. And he said, 'that's saaad, you wana upgrade'. I said, so do you - to a new face.
He nearly soiled himself!

He said he was laughing so hard he had Kenco coming out of his nostrils, and that made me laugh.
But...my nostrils were clear.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Apr 2024, 10:39 am #37

(31 Mar 2024, 10:23 pm)Ambassador Mentioned in Sir Roger French’s blog and multiple retweets by Best Copy and Paste

Dan's a fantastic man! He really is.
I was talking to him earlier and he asked me what kind of phone I had and I said a Motorola Timeport. And he said, 'that's saaad, you wana upgrade'. I said, so do you - to a new face.

He said he was laughing so hard he had Kenco coming out of his nostrils, and that made me laugh.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Apr 2024, 11:18 am #38
(07 Apr 2024, 10:39 am)Andreos1 Dan's a fantastic man! He really is.

Have you used ChatGPT for this one, Andreos? It’s like you’ve been on the pop with Rob all day!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

Dan
07 Apr 2024, 11:18 am #38

(07 Apr 2024, 10:39 am)Andreos1 Dan's a fantastic man! He really is.

Have you used ChatGPT for this one, Andreos? It’s like you’ve been on the pop with Rob all day!

Andreos1

07 Apr 2024, 2:09 pm #39
(07 Apr 2024, 11:18 am)Dan Have you used ChatGPT for this one, Andreos? It’s like you’ve been on the pop with Rob all day!

Oh Dan. Dan. Dan. 

https://youtu.be/fOad90BvvjM?feature=shared

Andreos1
07 Apr 2024, 2:09 pm #39

(07 Apr 2024, 11:18 am)Dan Have you used ChatGPT for this one, Andreos? It’s like you’ve been on the pop with Rob all day!

Oh Dan. Dan. Dan. 

https://youtu.be/fOad90BvvjM?feature=shared

MurdnunoC

07 Apr 2024, 2:27 pm #40
Leave our very own, and thoroughly pleasant, Daniel alone. He's well regarded as a nice chap on Rail Forums UK.

MurdnunoC
07 Apr 2024, 2:27 pm #40

Leave our very own, and thoroughly pleasant, Daniel alone. He's well regarded as a nice chap on Rail Forums UK.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average