Menu

Home The Canteen General off-topic chat What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)

What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)

What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (28) Previous 15 6 728 Next
MurdnunoC

14 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm #101
My Primary School years occurred in the late 80's. So while Frankie Goes To Hollywood might have been on the playlist at school discos/parties (I can't remember), the rest were certainly not. I remember Bros, New Kids on the Block and Brother Beyond being popular at the time and my class had a number of passionate Brosettes. I also remember Stock, Aitken and Waterman produced artists such as Rick Astley, The Reynold Girls, Kyle Minogue, Bananarama and Sonia being played at school events as well as the local youth club in Blaydon.

I don't remember attending too many school organised events when I went to Comprehensive school. However, every Friday night, there was the youth club at Winlaton Centre which was notorious for underage drinking, smoking and the consumption of drugs. The Centre, as it was colloquially known, actually had Decks and a range of budding DJ's - usually older kids between the ages of 15-18. The music played at The Centre was predominately Rave. Not just chart stuff like Altern8, Shades of Rhythm and Bizzare Inc, but also the more hardcore stuff like Neuromancer, Ezeee Posse, 2 Bad Mice and Manix. Looking back - it was quite strange!
MurdnunoC
14 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm #101

My Primary School years occurred in the late 80's. So while Frankie Goes To Hollywood might have been on the playlist at school discos/parties (I can't remember), the rest were certainly not. I remember Bros, New Kids on the Block and Brother Beyond being popular at the time and my class had a number of passionate Brosettes. I also remember Stock, Aitken and Waterman produced artists such as Rick Astley, The Reynold Girls, Kyle Minogue, Bananarama and Sonia being played at school events as well as the local youth club in Blaydon.

I don't remember attending too many school organised events when I went to Comprehensive school. However, every Friday night, there was the youth club at Winlaton Centre which was notorious for underage drinking, smoking and the consumption of drugs. The Centre, as it was colloquially known, actually had Decks and a range of budding DJ's - usually older kids between the ages of 15-18. The music played at The Centre was predominately Rave. Not just chart stuff like Altern8, Shades of Rhythm and Bizzare Inc, but also the more hardcore stuff like Neuromancer, Ezeee Posse, 2 Bad Mice and Manix. Looking back - it was quite strange!

Adrian

14 Apr 2014, 9:26 pm #102
(14 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm)AdamY My Primary School years occurred in the late 80's. So while Frankie Goes To Hollywood might have been on the playlist at school discos/parties (I can't remember), the rest were certainly not. I remember Bros, New Kids on the Block and Brother Beyond being popular at the time and my class had a number of passionate Brosettes. I also remember Stock, Aitken and Waterman produced artists such as Rick Astley, The Reynold Girls, Kyle Minogue, Bananarama and Sonia being played at school events as well as the local youth club in Blaydon.

Altern8 were awesome. Sure I seen something posted about Mark Archer doing a Dj set up here sometime soon. Another great band were the time frequency.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Apr 2014, 9:26 pm #102

(14 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm)AdamY My Primary School years occurred in the late 80's. So while Frankie Goes To Hollywood might have been on the playlist at school discos/parties (I can't remember), the rest were certainly not. I remember Bros, New Kids on the Block and Brother Beyond being popular at the time and my class had a number of passionate Brosettes. I also remember Stock, Aitken and Waterman produced artists such as Rick Astley, The Reynold Girls, Kyle Minogue, Bananarama and Sonia being played at school events as well as the local youth club in Blaydon.

Altern8 were awesome. Sure I seen something posted about Mark Archer doing a Dj set up here sometime soon. Another great band were the time frequency.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

18 Apr 2014, 7:59 am #103
I seem to be in to movie songs atm, my fav is from James Bond Skyfall..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Apr 2014, 7:59 am #103

I seem to be in to movie songs atm, my fav is from James Bond Skyfall..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Apr 2014, 8:38 am #104
I have a quite a weird taste in music...

I like all kinds, I like Take That and Robbie Williams, used to get the piss taken out of me for that, liking take that saw me labelled as a poofter in the all boys school I went to lmao...

I also like Coldplay, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, I also like some of the Beatles, Elvis, Phil Collins and Queen...

But I surprised myself about 10 years ago, in the midst of a nervous breakdown my doctor told me to listen to classical music, so I came home and downloaded the soundtrack from Titanic and listened to it, I also like Katherine Jenkins, she is one fit woman and a lovely singer, so when i feel down I stick a bit classical or opera on and it means I can wind down...

The playlist on my phone has a wide range on it, Clubland, Bonkers, Classical, Power Ballads, 60's, 70's, 80's all together in one playlist...

More recently I have been enjoying the songs we sing at Church on Sundays
MrFozz
18 Apr 2014, 8:38 am #104

I have a quite a weird taste in music...

I like all kinds, I like Take That and Robbie Williams, used to get the piss taken out of me for that, liking take that saw me labelled as a poofter in the all boys school I went to lmao...

I also like Coldplay, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, I also like some of the Beatles, Elvis, Phil Collins and Queen...

But I surprised myself about 10 years ago, in the midst of a nervous breakdown my doctor told me to listen to classical music, so I came home and downloaded the soundtrack from Titanic and listened to it, I also like Katherine Jenkins, she is one fit woman and a lovely singer, so when i feel down I stick a bit classical or opera on and it means I can wind down...

The playlist on my phone has a wide range on it, Clubland, Bonkers, Classical, Power Ballads, 60's, 70's, 80's all together in one playlist...

More recently I have been enjoying the songs we sing at Church on Sundays

Michael

18 Apr 2014, 8:59 am #105
Welcome to my world of having a taste for different music, i can't keep to one taste, i like the 80's, 90's, 00's and now..

I can go from Kylie to Queen to AC/DC in 3 songs.. i also like Celine Dion haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Apr 2014, 8:59 am #105

Welcome to my world of having a taste for different music, i can't keep to one taste, i like the 80's, 90's, 00's and now..

I can go from Kylie to Queen to AC/DC in 3 songs.. i also like Celine Dion haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

18 Apr 2014, 4:14 pm #106
Love this tune. The bassline is so additive!

I'm not really a fan of music videos but I think the story to this one is entertaining enough for me to appreciate it.
MurdnunoC
18 Apr 2014, 4:14 pm #106

Love this tune. The bassline is so additive!

I'm not really a fan of music videos but I think the story to this one is entertaining enough for me to appreciate it.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Apr 2014, 6:30 am #107

Forgot how much I like this song.
Dan
22 Apr 2014, 6:30 am #107

Forgot how much I like this song.

MurdnunoC

29 Apr 2014, 9:56 pm #109
I'm quite liking this at the moment - it seems to be receiving a decent amount of airplay.

MurdnunoC
29 Apr 2014, 9:56 pm #109

I'm quite liking this at the moment - it seems to be receiving a decent amount of airplay.

Malarkey

29 Apr 2014, 10:20 pm #110
(18 Apr 2014, 7:59 am)Michael I seem to be in to movie songs atm, my fav is from James Bond Skyfall..

As much as I dislike Adele, I love this song I have to say, at the moment I seem to be listening to Imagine Dragons quite a bit, as there New Album is rather good, other than that it the usual U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Artic Monkey etc for me.
Malarkey
29 Apr 2014, 10:20 pm #110

(18 Apr 2014, 7:59 am)Michael I seem to be in to movie songs atm, my fav is from James Bond Skyfall..

As much as I dislike Adele, I love this song I have to say, at the moment I seem to be listening to Imagine Dragons quite a bit, as there New Album is rather good, other than that it the usual U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Artic Monkey etc for me.

Michael

02 May 2014, 4:47 pm #111
not music but a epic tune from one of Clint Eastwood's western movies

That has to be the best tune ever for a western movie

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 May 2014, 4:47 pm #111

not music but a epic tune from one of Clint Eastwood's western movies

That has to be the best tune ever for a western movie

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

06 May 2014, 7:48 pm #112
Has anyone seen the new Shakira ft Rhianna video?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 May 2014, 7:48 pm #112

Has anyone seen the new Shakira ft Rhianna video?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adam

14 May 2014, 6:25 pm #113
Going very 80s retro tonight:

Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
Aha - Take on Me
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Adam
14 May 2014, 6:25 pm #113

Going very 80s retro tonight:

Aha - Take on Me

Michael

14 May 2014, 6:26 pm #114
(14 May 2014, 6:25 pm)Adam Going very 80s retro tonight:

Aha - Take on Me

Rick Rolling yourself? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 May 2014, 6:26 pm #114

(14 May 2014, 6:25 pm)Adam Going very 80s retro tonight:

Aha - Take on Me

Rick Rolling yourself? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 May 2014, 6:42 pm #115
I know it's not exactly the first song that comes to mind, but I like The Flying Dutchman Theme from Pirates of The Caribbean.

My pick from the 70s, 80s and 90s would be;
Heart - Alone
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give you Up
R852 PRG
14 May 2014, 6:42 pm #115

I know it's not exactly the first song that comes to mind, but I like The Flying Dutchman Theme from Pirates of The Caribbean.

My pick from the 70s, 80s and 90s would be;
Heart - Alone
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give you Up

Jimmi

15 May 2014, 6:08 pm #116
Saw this video on Kerrang! yesterday morning and its still stuck in my head.

Jimmi
15 May 2014, 6:08 pm #116

Saw this video on Kerrang! yesterday morning and its still stuck in my head.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 May 2014, 6:42 am #117
Dan
20 May 2014, 6:42 am #117

Michael

23 May 2014, 6:40 am #118
Anyone else think Kylie Minogue is quite good looking for 45?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 May 2014, 6:40 am #118

Anyone else think Kylie Minogue is quite good looking for 45?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

23 May 2014, 1:32 pm #119
(23 May 2014, 6:40 am)Michael Anyone else think Kylie Minogue is quite good looking for 45?

I haven't seen her around for a while so I don't know whether she's changed much over the last few years. She was 'aiight' (as the kids say) back in 2001 though I've always preferred Danni to Kylie.

Care to post a pic?
MurdnunoC
23 May 2014, 1:32 pm #119

(23 May 2014, 6:40 am)Michael Anyone else think Kylie Minogue is quite good looking for 45?

I haven't seen her around for a while so I don't know whether she's changed much over the last few years. She was 'aiight' (as the kids say) back in 2001 though I've always preferred Danni to Kylie.

Care to post a pic?

Michael

23 May 2014, 4:04 pm #120
(23 May 2014, 1:32 pm)AdamY I haven't seen her around for a while so I don't know whether she's changed much over the last few years. She was 'aiight' (as the kids say) back in 2001 though I've always preferred Danni to Kylie.

Care to post a pic?

Here she is!, sorry for the delay
Attached Files
.jpg
C761254E5F1F774DDB30BDFEB2A7DD.jpg
Size 37.91 KB / Downloads 11

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 May 2014, 4:04 pm #120

(23 May 2014, 1:32 pm)AdamY I haven't seen her around for a while so I don't know whether she's changed much over the last few years. She was 'aiight' (as the kids say) back in 2001 though I've always preferred Danni to Kylie.

Care to post a pic?

Here she is!, sorry for the delay

Attached Files
.jpg
C761254E5F1F774DDB30BDFEB2A7DD.jpg
Size 37.91 KB / Downloads 11

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (28) Previous 15 6 728 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average