Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)

What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)

What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (28): Previous 112 13 1428 Next
07 Nov 2014, 9:36 pm
Listening to David Soul's Silver Lady - BEST SONG EVER MADE!
R852 PRG
07 Nov 2014, 9:36 pm #241

Listening to David Soul's Silver Lady - BEST SONG EVER MADE!

16 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm
Band Aid 30 video has just been shown for the first time on XFactor. Goes on sale tomorrow, with iTunes giving 100% back to the cause.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm #242

Band Aid 30 video has just been shown for the first time on XFactor. Goes on sale tomorrow, with iTunes giving 100% back to the cause.

16 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm
No clue what's going on here!

Jimmi
16 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm #243

No clue what's going on here!

16 Nov 2014, 10:50 pm
(16 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm)Jimmi No clue what's going on here!

Neither do I.

It would make a great christmas number one though!
MurdnunoC
16 Nov 2014, 10:50 pm #244

(16 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm)Jimmi No clue what's going on here!

Neither do I.

16 Nov 2014, 10:51 pm
(16 Nov 2014, 10:50 pm)AdamY Neither do I.

Better than some crappy X Factor winner!
Jimmi
16 Nov 2014, 10:51 pm #245

(16 Nov 2014, 10:50 pm)AdamY Neither do I.

Better than some crappy X Factor winner!

16 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm
(16 Nov 2014, 10:51 pm)Jimmi Better than some crappy X Factor winner!

Indeed. 

Someone should set up a Facebook page for this purpose. 

It's actually quite catchy upon listening the second time.
MurdnunoC
16 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm #246

(16 Nov 2014, 10:51 pm)Jimmi Better than some crappy X Factor winner!

Indeed. 

16 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm
(16 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm)AdamY Indeed. 

Not sure how to translate.

This could be 2014's internet viral music video's answer to Gangnam Style.
Jimmi
16 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm #247

(16 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm)AdamY Indeed. 

Not sure how to translate.

This could be 2014's internet viral music video's answer to Gangnam Style.

19 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm
New band aid song is terrible....

Sorry but instead of making a song, why don't all those who sing in it, donate themselves, they have more money than most of the UK..... wankers

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm #248

New band aid song is terrible....

Sorry but instead of making a song, why don't all those who sing in it, donate themselves, they have more money than most of the UK..... wankers

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

19 Nov 2014, 6:24 pm
(19 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael New band aid song is terrible....

Managed to avoid hearing it so far.

Yep, I hate seeing Bono on my TV saying stuff "these people are drying, money is tight but I'm sure YOU can find some money to give to this cause... etc. etc. etc." I know Ireland's in a recession but surely international mega star Bono has a large amount of money just sitting in his bank account.

"Hi we're One Direction please give money, we know times are tight" HANG ON! this is the biggest band in the world right now and travel in separate jets so they should have plenty of money too.

Yet it's poor people who give a small amount of money to donate to charity and the richer the person the less likely they are to seem to donate.
Jimmi
19 Nov 2014, 6:24 pm #249

Managed to avoid hearing it so far.

Yep, I hate seeing Bono on my TV saying stuff "these people are drying, money is tight but I'm sure YOU can find some money to give to this cause... etc. etc. etc." I know Ireland's in a recession but surely international mega star Bono has a large amount of money just sitting in his bank account.

"Hi we're One Direction please give money, we know times are tight" HANG ON! this is the biggest band in the world right now and travel in separate jets so they should have plenty of money too.

Yet it's poor people who give a small amount of money to donate to charity and the richer the person the less likely they are to seem to donate.

19 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm
(19 Nov 2014, 6:24 pm)Jimmi Managed to avoid hearing it so far.

Yup! i hate these Africa adverts.... "so and so has to travel miles for water, which is dirty"..... what about all the people who are in need of help here?

Charity should come at home first! 

Pisses me off when i see celebrities on TV saying.. give money etc when they have millions.... only charity i give to is the Royal Britain Legion. 

I know people like Bill Gates gives ALOT of money to charity every year.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm #250

(19 Nov 2014, 6:24 pm)Jimmi Managed to avoid hearing it so far.

Yup! i hate these Africa adverts.... "so and so has to travel miles for water, which is dirty"..... what about all the people who are in need of help here?

Pisses me off when i see celebrities on TV saying.. give money etc when they have millions.... only charity i give to is the Royal Britain Legion. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

19 Nov 2014, 6:39 pm
(19 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm)Michael Yup! i hate these Africa adverts.... "so and so has to travel miles for water, which is dirty"..... what about all the people who are in need of help here?

I'm not big on the government giving lots of money to countries like India and then make a load of cuts to save money.

To keep this music related.
I hate Bono.
Jimmi
19 Nov 2014, 6:39 pm #251

(19 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm)Michael Yup! i hate these Africa adverts.... "so and so has to travel miles for water, which is dirty"..... what about all the people who are in need of help here?

I'm not big on the government giving lots of money to countries like India and then make a load of cuts to save money.

To keep this music related.
I hate Bono.

19 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

This basically summarises a Telegraph article I read earlier today. I must say I agree with the article (and your opinion).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...d-Aid.html

There's also an article from The Guardian, written by Fuse ODG, which criticises the content of the lyrics 

http://gu.com/p/43dz3/fb

I'm extremely cynical of celebrity causes. While a genuine gesture of altruism may indeed exist, lets not forget it's a win-win situation for any celebrity taking part. 
MurdnunoC
19 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm #252

This basically summarises a Telegraph article I read earlier today. I must say I agree with the article (and your opinion).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...d-Aid.html

There's also an article from The Guardian, written by Fuse ODG, which criticises the content of the lyrics 

http://gu.com/p/43dz3/fb

I'm extremely cynical of celebrity causes. While a genuine gesture of altruism may indeed exist, lets not forget it's a win-win situation for any celebrity taking part. 

19 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm
The multimillionaire, Irish tax exile Bo o had an unfortunate accident the day after he filmed the latest version of the track.
http://bbc.in/1vqcfbw

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
19 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm #253

The multimillionaire, Irish tax exile Bo o had an unfortunate accident the day after he filmed the latest version of the track.
http://bbc.in/1vqcfbw

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

23 Nov 2014, 7:01 pm
Someone has just said this to me......

The music in the 80's was shit.

Clearly has no taste at all, as i was born in 1991, the 80's era of music is miles better than the current music and the 90's.......

They clearly don't want to have fun, while wanting to Break free and then they can Relax... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Nov 2014, 7:01 pm #254

Someone has just said this to me......

Clearly has no taste at all, as i was born in 1991, the 80's era of music is miles better than the current music and the 90's.......

They clearly don't want to have fun, while wanting to Break free and then they can Relax... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm
(23 Nov 2014, 7:01 pm)Michael Someone has just said this to me......

Ridiculous that like. I've got a few 80s songs on my phone. I mean, who doesn't love a bit of Rod Stewart, Elton John, Men Without Hats, The Human League, Rick Astley, Aha and so on.
Adam
23 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm #255

(23 Nov 2014, 7:01 pm)Michael Someone has just said this to me......

Ridiculous that like. I've got a few 80s songs on my phone. I mean, who doesn't love a bit of Rod Stewart, Elton John, Men Without Hats, The Human League, Rick Astley, Aha and so on.

23 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm
Following on from my previous post, I'm now doing my uni work listening to a whole array of Rod Stewart songs including:

Forever Young
Sailing
Maggie May
Rhythm of My Heart
Adam
23 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm #256

Following on from my previous post, I'm now doing my uni work listening to a whole array of Rod Stewart songs including:

Forever Young
Sailing
Maggie May
Rhythm of My Heart

24 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm
Went into Grainger Games at Darlington this afternoon and was rather disgusted to hearing them play a Lostprophets song. I wanted to be sick!

Anyway, here is something else.
Jimmi
24 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm #257

Went into Grainger Games at Darlington this afternoon and was rather disgusted to hearing them play a Lostprophets song. I wanted to be sick!

Anyway, here is something else.

27 Nov 2014, 6:40 pm
Was listening to Radio 1, and Greg James has just played this beast! I feel 13 again.  Big Grin

Adrian
27 Nov 2014, 6:40 pm #258

Was listening to Radio 1, and Greg James has just played this beast! I feel 13 again.  Big Grin

Dan
Site Administrator
27 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm
The summery sort of upbeat dance songs have been getting on my nerves a bit recently (it's a seasonal thing). Have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the likes of Keane, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, etc, as of late.
Dan
27 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm #259

The summery sort of upbeat dance songs have been getting on my nerves a bit recently (it's a seasonal thing). Have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the likes of Keane, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, etc, as of late.

27 Nov 2014, 7:21 pm
(27 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan The summery sort of upbeat dance songs have been getting on my nerves a bit recently (it's a seasonal thing). Have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the likes of Keane, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, etc, as of late.

Aye it definitely works that way! There's only so much of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness that one can take. Tongue

I quite often listen to Digitally Imported at work, and I've been a bit hooked to their Big Room House stream as of late. Some decent stuff on there, and a bit harder than your usual upbeat dance songs. Aside from that, I've also been hooked on the Absolute Classic Rock station too. 

Adrian
27 Nov 2014, 7:21 pm #260

(27 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan The summery sort of upbeat dance songs have been getting on my nerves a bit recently (it's a seasonal thing). Have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the likes of Keane, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, etc, as of late.

Aye it definitely works that way! There's only so much of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness that one can take. Tongue

I quite often listen to Digitally Imported at work, and I've been a bit hooked to their Big Room House stream as of late. Some decent stuff on there, and a bit harder than your usual upbeat dance songs. Aside from that, I've also been hooked on the Absolute Classic Rock station too. 

Pages (28): Previous 112 13 1428 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average