Login Register
North East Buses Forum The Canteen Competition Monthly Photo Competition
Poll: Which photo gets your vote this month?
This poll is closed.
Photo 1
26.67%
4 26.67%
Photo 2
40.00%
6 40.00%
Photo 3
33.33%
5 33.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

October 2013 Photo Competition
October 2013 Photo Competition
Chosen by September 2013's Monthly Photo Competition winner, Daniel, the topic for October 2013's Monthly Photo Competition is: Buses in the dark...
October is always a spooky month with Halloween being celebrated on October 31st each year in many countries. It is also the month in which my birthday lies, so I guess you can say it's scary for that reason too... Wink
Having a fear of the dark is often referred to as 'achluophobia', and even though I'm not scared of the dark, I've always thought night time is quite eerie.
So for this month's competition, I want you all to share your best "night shot". With dark nights now setting in at about half 6, it shouldn't be too difficult to catch one!

How do I enter?
All entries should be sent to competitions@northeastbuses.co.uk by 24/10/13. The subject of the e-mail should clearly outline the e-mails purpose (i.e. “Monthly Photo Competition Entry – October 2013”). You must attach your photo to the e-mail, and must also include your site username within the body of the e-mail. Again, as stated above, if you would like your photo to be watermarked if it wins and is subsequently uploaded to our Social Media websites, do attach a second, watermarked copy of the photo also.

For frequently asked questions on the Monthly Photo Competition, do click here.
Does it have to be a night shot? As in do early doors shots count? Sunrise would peak around the 26th of October (before the clocks go backward an hour), so you'd have until about 7.44am to get a few shots Wink
(01/10/2013, 21:41)aureolin Wrote: Does it have to be a night shot? As in do early doors shots count? Sunrise would peak around the 26th of October (before the clocks go backward an hour), so you'd have until about 7.44am to get a few shots Wink

If it means we get as many entries as last month, then yes - I'll allow that! Tongue
ooooohhhh, like this, my cameras is crap and dont take very good night shots, but will have go anyway :-D

Edit...Decided not to take part this month, I am finding it hard to take dark shots of anything, good luck to the photographers out there
Just a few days left to enter...!
Somewhat disappointing result this month - it was a hard theme though, so the winnter will have to choose something easier next time. Good luck to all entrants, and here is October 2013's comp!

The poll is available at the top of this thread, and the photos below can be enlarged by clicking them.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Voting will close in seven days (02/10/13) at 19:00. Good luck!

For frequently asked questions on the Monthly Photo Competition, do click here.

PS: Extra voting time this week (which is why I gave a few days extra on getting your photos in too) as I'm away at Paris and would not be able to declare the results on 31/10/13.
Just 24 hours left until this month's comp closes - make your vote count! The poll is at the top of this thread.
Chosen by the September 2013's Monthly Photo Competition winner, Daniel, the topic for this month was "Buses in the dark...". We received 15 votes this month - so thanks to all who voted.

Results -
1st: Photo 2 (Daniel) - 6 votes
2nd: Photos 3 (GuyParkRoyal) - 5 votes
3rd: Photos 1 (tyresmoke) - 4 votes

Points -
Daniel has gained 5 points, giving an overall total of 46.
GuyParkRoyal has gained 3 points, giving an overall total of 3.
tyresmoke has gained 2 points, giving an overall total of 10.

The topic for November 2013's Monthly Photo Competition will be unveiled later today. The leaderboard will also be updated later today.