Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 194 95 96146 Next
07 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm #1,881
A rather amusing post on Sort out the Metro today...  Big Grin

?On the twelfth day of Christmas, My Metro gave to me: 
12 hours of delays to service.
11 trains withdrawn from service.
10 days of delays due to low rail adhesion.
9 different stories for disruption with no real info from customer services.
8 carriages so hot their customers were boiled alive.
7 days of power failure with no bus replacement service.
6 thousand people late for GNR due to lack of trains running. 
5 thousand "Metro apologises". 
4 carriages with faulty doors.
3 customers fainting due to overcrowded carriages. 
2 dozen CSAs who are so apathetic that they've resorted to hiding in their mobile games. 
And a hundred ticket machines out of service!!!
Well done Metro! ?
omnicity4659
07 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm #1,881

A rather amusing post on Sort out the Metro today...  Big Grin

?On the twelfth day of Christmas, My Metro gave to me: 
12 hours of delays to service.
11 trains withdrawn from service.
10 days of delays due to low rail adhesion.
9 different stories for disruption with no real info from customer services.
8 carriages so hot their customers were boiled alive.
7 days of power failure with no bus replacement service.
6 thousand people late for GNR due to lack of trains running. 
5 thousand "Metro apologises". 
4 carriages with faulty doors.
3 customers fainting due to overcrowded carriages. 
2 dozen CSAs who are so apathetic that they've resorted to hiding in their mobile games. 
And a hundred ticket machines out of service!!!
Well done Metro! ?

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Dec 2015, 7:42 am #1,882
Kingsleys operating Metro Replacements today.
Dan
08 Dec 2015, 7:42 am #1,882

Kingsleys operating Metro Replacements today.

Bus_User

08 Dec 2015, 10:07 am #1,883
(07 Dec 2015, 6:19 pm)Adrian Where do they get the extra buses from though? Thin air?

Any spare deckers are generally out on scholars and/or works services at peak times. I don't see why regular bus users should have to suffer, because Nexus and Metro can't get their house in order.

Communication is always the biggest bug bear when it comes to TOC's it seems but at least some sort of bus replacement have been issued to the affected area unlike for those poor passengers on the WCML between Carlisle and Scotland due to poor road conditions(although that reason should be less valid by now surely?)

I'm not sure what Nexus can do if by the looks of it, some sort of object have bought the OHL down and its down to Network Rail to fix it, its going to be hard to give a definate amount of time on how long it will take until NR gives them the all clear I guess.
Bus_User
08 Dec 2015, 10:07 am #1,883

(07 Dec 2015, 6:19 pm)Adrian Where do they get the extra buses from though? Thin air?

Any spare deckers are generally out on scholars and/or works services at peak times. I don't see why regular bus users should have to suffer, because Nexus and Metro can't get their house in order.

Communication is always the biggest bug bear when it comes to TOC's it seems but at least some sort of bus replacement have been issued to the affected area unlike for those poor passengers on the WCML between Carlisle and Scotland due to poor road conditions(although that reason should be less valid by now surely?)

I'm not sure what Nexus can do if by the looks of it, some sort of object have bought the OHL down and its down to Network Rail to fix it, its going to be hard to give a definate amount of time on how long it will take until NR gives them the all clear I guess.

Adrian

08 Dec 2015, 10:26 am #1,884
(08 Dec 2015, 10:07 am)Bus_User Communication is always the biggest bug bear when it comes to TOC's it seems but at least some sort of bus replacement have been issued to the affected area unlike for those poor passengers on the WCML between Carlisle and Scotland due to poor road conditions(although that reason should be less valid by now surely?)

I don't think the situation in Carlisle can be compared to the situation Nexus find themselves in.

If you're referring to the picture at the top of Nexus website statement, of what looks like metal sheeting on the line, it's not a photo taken near Brockley Whinns. Misleading, like the rest of their statement. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Dec 2015, 10:26 am #1,884

(08 Dec 2015, 10:07 am)Bus_User Communication is always the biggest bug bear when it comes to TOC's it seems but at least some sort of bus replacement have been issued to the affected area unlike for those poor passengers on the WCML between Carlisle and Scotland due to poor road conditions(although that reason should be less valid by now surely?)

I don't think the situation in Carlisle can be compared to the situation Nexus find themselves in.

If you're referring to the picture at the top of Nexus website statement, of what looks like metal sheeting on the line, it's not a photo taken near Brockley Whinns. Misleading, like the rest of their statement. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

08 Dec 2015, 11:09 am #1,885
(08 Dec 2015, 7:42 am)Dan Kingsleys operating Metro Replacements today.

6100 is on the 901.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Dec 2015, 11:09 am #1,885

(08 Dec 2015, 7:42 am)Dan Kingsleys operating Metro Replacements today.

6100 is on the 901.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Bus_User

08 Dec 2015, 11:19 am #1,886
(08 Dec 2015, 10:26 am)Adrian I don't think the situation in Carlisle can be compared to the situation Nexus find themselves in.

Ahhh that pic was taken between Bede and Simonside regarding the incident which occured there on Friday night which is reported in that article(clearly I did not read it properly initially) so technically its not a misleading photo. 

Why not? You could argue Virgin have a duty of care for their passengers like Nexus does. Now initially I do feel Virgin will have a valid reason of not operating replacement bus services because of the adverse weather but this appeared to still of been the case despite that. Reason why i would understand that reason is because why would the drivers of said coach company want to work overtime driving in dangerous conditions but once its clear and conditions are improving, I do feel more could be done but sadly in these situations, its not as easy as customers might think. 

In this incident, the reason why bus replacements can't be sourced right away is down to a lack of resources but looks like they got some sort of bus replacement going now albeit by an Independent operator so what will happen around school kicking out time when those buses will be needed for school runs?
Bus_User
08 Dec 2015, 11:19 am #1,886

(08 Dec 2015, 10:26 am)Adrian I don't think the situation in Carlisle can be compared to the situation Nexus find themselves in.

Ahhh that pic was taken between Bede and Simonside regarding the incident which occured there on Friday night which is reported in that article(clearly I did not read it properly initially) so technically its not a misleading photo. 

Why not? You could argue Virgin have a duty of care for their passengers like Nexus does. Now initially I do feel Virgin will have a valid reason of not operating replacement bus services because of the adverse weather but this appeared to still of been the case despite that. Reason why i would understand that reason is because why would the drivers of said coach company want to work overtime driving in dangerous conditions but once its clear and conditions are improving, I do feel more could be done but sadly in these situations, its not as easy as customers might think. 

In this incident, the reason why bus replacements can't be sourced right away is down to a lack of resources but looks like they got some sort of bus replacement going now albeit by an Independent operator so what will happen around school kicking out time when those buses will be needed for school runs?

BusLoverMum

08 Dec 2015, 11:39 am #1,887
(07 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm)GX03 SVC A rather amusing post on Sort out the Metro today...  Big Grin

Excellent Big Grin
BusLoverMum
08 Dec 2015, 11:39 am #1,887

(07 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm)GX03 SVC A rather amusing post on Sort out the Metro today...  Big Grin

Excellent Big Grin

Michael

08 Dec 2015, 3:54 pm #1,888
An update but its the same info but this time more services now accepting metro tickets/passes:

Tyne and Wear Metro

No trains running between Pelaw-S.Hylton in both directions, due to problem with overhead line. The service is likely to be off until the second half of this week. Bus replacement 900 Heworth-Sunderland, taxis Sunderland-South Hylton (contact staff for assistance), ticket acceptance on Go North East 9, 35, 36, 56, 78 and Stagecoach 8, 11, 20 in affected area. Trains running to all other destinations.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Dec 2015, 3:54 pm #1,888

An update but its the same info but this time more services now accepting metro tickets/passes:

Tyne and Wear Metro

No trains running between Pelaw-S.Hylton in both directions, due to problem with overhead line. The service is likely to be off until the second half of this week. Bus replacement 900 Heworth-Sunderland, taxis Sunderland-South Hylton (contact staff for assistance), ticket acceptance on Go North East 9, 35, 36, 56, 78 and Stagecoach 8, 11, 20 in affected area. Trains running to all other destinations.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

08 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm #1,889
Same again tomorrow, no metro for South Hylton - Pelaw.

Nexus has said they could have the metro up and running again for the first service on Thursday.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm #1,889

Same again tomorrow, no metro for South Hylton - Pelaw.

Nexus has said they could have the metro up and running again for the first service on Thursday.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Dec 2015, 4:39 am #1,890
(08 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm)Michael Same again tomorrow, no metro for South Hylton - Pelaw.

I sincerely hope that is the case.
Dan
09 Dec 2015, 4:39 am #1,890

(08 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm)Michael Same again tomorrow, no metro for South Hylton - Pelaw.

I sincerely hope that is the case.

Michael

09 Dec 2015, 7:11 am #1,891
(09 Dec 2015, 4:39 am)Dan I sincerely hope that is the case.

Me too, i don't fancy getting the 56 or X36, while i don't fancy leaving any earlier than i do now (currently leave at 7:45am), Metro replacement buses also seem to be iffy for time keeping....
Edited 09 Dec 2015, 7:14 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Dec 2015, 7:11 am #1,891

(09 Dec 2015, 4:39 am)Dan I sincerely hope that is the case.

Me too, i don't fancy getting the 56 or X36, while i don't fancy leaving any earlier than i do now (currently leave at 7:45am), Metro replacement buses also seem to be iffy for time keeping....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

10 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm #1,892
Retweeted NRTimetable2 (@NRtimetable2):
NEW: Due to signalling problems between Sunderland and Newcastle some lines are blocked

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm #1,892

Retweeted NRTimetable2 (@NRtimetable2):
NEW: Due to signalling problems between Sunderland and Newcastle some lines are blocked

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

11 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm #1,894
A train has been withdrawn from service at Felling due to act of vandalism. We now have a gap in the service of up to 20 mins to trains running between Felling and St James. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm #1,894

A train has been withdrawn from service at Felling due to act of vandalism. We now have a gap in the service of up to 20 mins to trains running between Felling and St James. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

13 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm #1,895
There are major delays to trains running between South Shields and St James due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm #1,895

There are major delays to trains running between South Shields and St James due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

13 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm #1,896
(11 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm)Michael A train has been withdrawn from service at Felling due to act of vandalism. We now have a gap in the service of up to 20 mins to trains running between Felling and St James. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Vandalism at Felling? What an unlikely place for it to happen Angel
BusLoverMum
13 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm #1,896

(11 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm)Michael A train has been withdrawn from service at Felling due to act of vandalism. We now have a gap in the service of up to 20 mins to trains running between Felling and St James. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Vandalism at Felling? What an unlikely place for it to happen Angel

citaro5284

14 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm #1,897
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

Cut in funding for modernisation plans
citaro5284
14 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm #1,897

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

Andreos1

14 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm #1,898
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...s-10592014

Government cuts to modernisation programme.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm #1,898

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...s-10592014

Government cuts to modernisation programme.

Michael

14 Dec 2015, 5:28 pm #1,899
(14 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm)citaro5284 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

Its mad eh?, they can spend all this money on refurbishing the trains but now they reckon it will cost £400m to replace them....... why didn't they just replace them first time around?

Edit:

Means the other pot of money could of gone else where on the line....
Edited 14 Dec 2015, 5:30 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Dec 2015, 5:28 pm #1,899

(14 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm)citaro5284 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

Its mad eh?, they can spend all this money on refurbishing the trains but now they reckon it will cost £400m to replace them....... why didn't they just replace them first time around?

Edit:

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

14 Dec 2015, 6:13 pm #1,900

Great minds eh? Wink
More or less an identical post at the exact same time!

(14 Dec 2015, 5:28 pm)Michael Its mad eh?, they can spend all this money on refurbishing the trains but now they reckon it will cost £400m to replace them....... why didn't they just replace them first time around?

Edit:

Going solely off memory here, but...
Pretty sure they applied for money for new trains as part of the modernisation scheme and it was knocked back, in favour of a refurb.

Typical short term thinking by the Government, who have decimated the British train building industry over the years at the same time.

Andreos1
14 Dec 2015, 6:13 pm #1,900

Great minds eh? Wink
More or less an identical post at the exact same time!

(14 Dec 2015, 5:28 pm)Michael Its mad eh?, they can spend all this money on refurbishing the trains but now they reckon it will cost £400m to replace them....... why didn't they just replace them first time around?

Edit:

Going solely off memory here, but...
Pretty sure they applied for money for new trains as part of the modernisation scheme and it was knocked back, in favour of a refurb.

Typical short term thinking by the Government, who have decimated the British train building industry over the years at the same time.

Pages (146) Previous 194 95 96146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average