Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 17 8 9146 Next
Michael

24 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm #141
I'm i dreaming or has their not being a fault on the metro so far today..Can it go rest of the day without any faults?

post 5pm (lets see how long it lasts from this post)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm #141

I'm i dreaming or has their not being a fault on the metro so far today..Can it go rest of the day without any faults?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

24 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm #142
(24 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm)Michael I'm i dreaming or has their not being a fault on the metro so far today..Can it go rest of the day without any faults?

You've jinxed it now. Tongue

[Image: WhV1EQo.png]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm #142

(24 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm)Michael I'm i dreaming or has their not being a fault on the metro so far today..Can it go rest of the day without any faults?

You've jinxed it now. Tongue

[Image: WhV1EQo.png]

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm #143
A whole 26 minutes after Michael's post! Oh dear...
Anyone care to explain the 'extreme weather' part though? Do floods etc down south affect the Metro system here?
Dan
24 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm #143

A whole 26 minutes after Michael's post! Oh dear...
Anyone care to explain the 'extreme weather' part though? Do floods etc down south affect the Metro system here?

Michael

24 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm #144
lmao i was just about to post about that!!

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, extreme weather?.... Abit of breeze and its clammy...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm #144

lmao i was just about to post about that!!

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, extreme weather?.... Abit of breeze and its clammy...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

24 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm #145
Dear me... Thats ridiculous, extreme weather? :L
Tom
24 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm #145

Dear me... Thats ridiculous, extreme weather? :L

Adrian

24 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm #146
From their previous posts, it doesn't run if;
  • It's snowing
  • There are leaves on the track
  • It's too hot
  • It's too windy
  • It's raining heavy

Pathetic really. It's like the 'all weather' football pitch we had at school. Couldn't use it if it was icy, snowing, or too wet...

Adrian
24 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm #146

From their previous posts, it doesn't run if;

• It's snowing
  • It's too hot
  • It's too windy
  • It's raining heavy

Pathetic really. It's like the 'all weather' football pitch we had at school. Couldn't use it if it was icy, snowing, or too wet...

Michael

24 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm #147
(24 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm)aureolin From their previous posts, it doesn't run if;
  • It's snowing
  • It's too hot
  • It's too windy
  • It's raining heavy

It is, i'm glad i never use the metro, question time....

London has being hotter than up here, why has their transport system not failed yet due to the "extreme weather", The metro is just using excuses now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm #147

(24 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm)aureolin From their previous posts, it doesn't run if;
  • It's snowing
  • It's too hot
  • It's too windy
  • It's raining heavy

It is, i'm glad i never use the metro, question time....

London has being hotter than up here, why has their transport system not failed yet due to the "extreme weather", The metro is just using excuses now.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

24 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm #148
What I find interesting is the lack of information Metro provide on performance. I've just had a dig around on TFL's website, and found an example of what they provide. This is not me comparing the two systems in design, but simply how they present information to their customers and how transparent they are.

Metro performance - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org....202013.pdf
Underground performance - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/l...013-14.pdf

Adrian
24 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm #148

What I find interesting is the lack of information Metro provide on performance. I've just had a dig around on TFL's website, and found an example of what they provide. This is not me comparing the two systems in design, but simply how they present information to their customers and how transparent they are.

Metro performance - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org....202013.pdf
Underground performance - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/l...013-14.pdf

MurdnunoC

24 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm #149
Well, we all know about how greatly the climate and weather conditions vary across the entire Metro network.

Down 'south' in tropical South Hylton, the Metro has to pass through the rain forests of Palion and Millfield before reaching the beacon of civility that is Sunderland. Passengers are urged to fill up their water-bottles at Parl Lane Interchange and drink as much as they can as the intense heat can mess with your health as well as the Metro.

The baron ,desolate landscapes of Equatorial Gateshead are also known to cause havoc due to the arid heat. Heading north into Newcastle, the climate is more moderate but the shear volume of people place the Metro under immense pressure especially during the rush hour. Eastwards, across the saltplains of Jarrow and Howdon, coastal storms strongly affect conditions there. Occasionally, tsunamis are known to appear near Cullercoats and Tynemouth penetrating inwards up the Tyne towards riverside locations.

It's gets colder as the Metro heads further North towards Jesmond, Gosforth and Regent Centre. By the time you get to Kingston Park, icicles begin to appear on the windows. Kingston Park Tesco offers an opportunity for travelers to purchase thermal clothing before heading into the tundra of Bank Foot and Callerton Parkway. Newcastle Airport is, without doubt, the coldest place on the Metro system. Only the brave can withstand the arctic temperatures. Many try; very few live to tell the tale.

Taking this all into consideration, it is evident that extreme weather exists across the Metro system. We should be thankful for what we've got.
MurdnunoC
24 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm #149

Well, we all know about how greatly the climate and weather conditions vary across the entire Metro network.

Down 'south' in tropical South Hylton, the Metro has to pass through the rain forests of Palion and Millfield before reaching the beacon of civility that is Sunderland. Passengers are urged to fill up their water-bottles at Parl Lane Interchange and drink as much as they can as the intense heat can mess with your health as well as the Metro.

The baron ,desolate landscapes of Equatorial Gateshead are also known to cause havoc due to the arid heat. Heading north into Newcastle, the climate is more moderate but the shear volume of people place the Metro under immense pressure especially during the rush hour. Eastwards, across the saltplains of Jarrow and Howdon, coastal storms strongly affect conditions there. Occasionally, tsunamis are known to appear near Cullercoats and Tynemouth penetrating inwards up the Tyne towards riverside locations.

It's gets colder as the Metro heads further North towards Jesmond, Gosforth and Regent Centre. By the time you get to Kingston Park, icicles begin to appear on the windows. Kingston Park Tesco offers an opportunity for travelers to purchase thermal clothing before heading into the tundra of Bank Foot and Callerton Parkway. Newcastle Airport is, without doubt, the coldest place on the Metro system. Only the brave can withstand the arctic temperatures. Many try; very few live to tell the tale.

Taking this all into consideration, it is evident that extreme weather exists across the Metro system. We should be thankful for what we've got.

Tom

24 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm #150
There are no trains running between Monument and Heworth due to a police incident. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth.
Tom
24 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm #150

There are no trains running between Monument and Heworth due to a police incident. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth.

MurdnunoC

24 Jul 2013, 6:12 pm #151
(24 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm)W179SCU There are no trains running between Monument and Heworth due to a police incident.

Ah, that old chestnut. Excuse No.#327. Nice.Wink
MurdnunoC
24 Jul 2013, 6:12 pm #151

(24 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm)W179SCU There are no trains running between Monument and Heworth due to a police incident.

Ah, that old chestnut. Excuse No.#327. Nice.Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Jul 2013, 6:19 pm #152
Can you imagine if one of our main bus operators gave continual reports on individual delayed/suspended services? Do you reckon their excuses would be just as bad?
Dan
24 Jul 2013, 6:19 pm #152

Can you imagine if one of our main bus operators gave continual reports on individual delayed/suspended services? Do you reckon their excuses would be just as bad?

MurdnunoC

24 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm #153
(24 Jul 2013, 6:19 pm)Daniel Can you imagine if one of our main bus operators gave continual reports on individual delayed/suspended services? Do you reckon their excuses would be just as bad?

I think it would be best to poll the infamous Trent Chipchase on this question. GNE throw excuses at him left right and centre. Big Grin
MurdnunoC
24 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm #153

(24 Jul 2013, 6:19 pm)Daniel Can you imagine if one of our main bus operators gave continual reports on individual delayed/suspended services? Do you reckon their excuses would be just as bad?

I think it would be best to poll the infamous Trent Chipchase on this question. GNE throw excuses at him left right and centre. Big Grin

BJ10VUS

24 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm #154
(24 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm)AdamY I think it would be best to poll the infamous Trent Chipchase on this question. GNE throw excuses at him left right and centre. Big Grin

Including the priceless "Trent, can you please stop spamming our wall" comment. If there's a problem with the 24, you'll be best asking him Tongue

There is actually a gas leak near the bridge at Gateshead Stadium station though, so for once there is actually a decent reason.
Edited 24 Jul 2013, 7:25 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
24 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm #154

(24 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm)AdamY I think it would be best to poll the infamous Trent Chipchase on this question. GNE throw excuses at him left right and centre. Big Grin

Including the priceless "Trent, can you please stop spamming our wall" comment. If there's a problem with the 24, you'll be best asking him Tongue

There is actually a gas leak near the bridge at Gateshead Stadium station though, so for once there is actually a decent reason.

BJ10VUS

24 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm #155
Trains are now running "as usual" between Monument and Heworth to all destinations Smile
BJ10VUS
24 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm #155

Trains are now running "as usual" between Monument and Heworth to all destinations Smile

Adrian

24 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm #156
(24 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm)BJ10VUS Trains are now running "as usual" between Monument and Heworth to all destinations Smile

Few and far between then Wink

Adrian
24 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm #156

(24 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm)BJ10VUS Trains are now running "as usual" between Monument and Heworth to all destinations Smile

Few and far between then Wink

BJ10VUS

24 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm #157
(24 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm)aureolin Few and far between then Wink

How else would you describe a "good service"? Tongue
Edited 24 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
24 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm #157

(24 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm)aureolin Few and far between then Wink

How else would you describe a "good service"? Tongue

Michael

25 Jul 2013, 10:20 am #158
Tyne and Wear Metro
There are minor delays to trains running between Seaburn and South Hylton due to a technical fault. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Jul 2013, 10:20 am #158

Tyne and Wear Metro
There are minor delays to trains running between Seaburn and South Hylton due to a technical fault. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

idiot

25 Jul 2013, 10:22 am #159
u just beat me to it Michael.

Surprise surprise!
idiot
25 Jul 2013, 10:22 am #159

u just beat me to it Michael.

Surprise surprise!

Michael

25 Jul 2013, 10:36 am #160
Update:

We are experiencing significant delays to services on the Sunderland Extension due to a Track Circuit fault on Network Rail infrastructure at Sunderland. Because of this fault, Network Rail have instructed our services to the Sunderland Extension be reduced until the fault has been rectified. A 24 minute service will be in operation between Pelaw and South Hylton until further notice.

Least someone else can be blamed today!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Jul 2013, 10:36 am #160

Update:

We are experiencing significant delays to services on the Sunderland Extension due to a Track Circuit fault on Network Rail infrastructure at Sunderland. Because of this fault, Network Rail have instructed our services to the Sunderland Extension be reduced until the fault has been rectified. A 24 minute service will be in operation between Pelaw and South Hylton until further notice.

Least someone else can be blamed today!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (146) Previous 17 8 9146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average