Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 149 50 51146 Next
Michael

07 Feb 2015, 7:15 pm #981
Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between St James and South Gosforth due to a train being withdrawn from service. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Feb 2015, 7:15 pm #981

Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between St James and South Gosforth due to a train being withdrawn from service. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

07 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm #982
(07 Feb 2015, 7:15 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·

Clearly just a repeat from earlier on then?
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm #982

(07 Feb 2015, 7:15 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·

Clearly just a repeat from earlier on then?

Michael

07 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm #983
(07 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm)Tommy_1581 Clearly just a repeat from earlier on then?

Yup, like normal Undecided 

Its the same everyday, i'm surprised it still has passengers, the amount of problems it has everyday... getting ridiculous now.  

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm #983

(07 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm)Tommy_1581 Clearly just a repeat from earlier on then?

Yup, like normal Undecided 

Its the same everyday, i'm surprised it still has passengers, the amount of problems it has everyday... getting ridiculous now.  

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

07 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm #984
(07 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm)Michael Yup, like normal Undecided 

What they need to do is, either buy new vehicles or replace Metro with a busway. 

Metro is becoming old, the modernisation of Metro has gone tits up. I remember seeing some infrastructure being held together with an iPod charger.
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm #984

(07 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm)Michael Yup, like normal Undecided 

What they need to do is, either buy new vehicles or replace Metro with a busway. 

Metro is becoming old, the modernisation of Metro has gone tits up. I remember seeing some infrastructure being held together with an iPod charger.

07 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #985
(07 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm)Tommy_1581 What they need to do is, either buy new vehicles or replace Metro with a busway. 

I think regardless of a different way forward, many commuters will ALWAYS favour the Metro over a bus because of how much quicker it.

Granted when I used it between Sunderland and Newcastle, the train wasn't exactly great and the whole thing was packed after we hit Heworth - but it cut off another 30 minutes of a journey I would have otherwise endured on the 56. (I use that as an example, as it runs at the same frequency as the Metro).

I'm sure Dan mentioned when telling us about his private education - that when they all hit Sixth Form, all his friends and other people in his year group wanted to use the Metro or something over the bus...this reason possibly being because the train will always been seen as a nicer form of travel than bus.

I've seen on the Metro's Twitter page previously about complaints in regards to the works and stuff - and outrage regarding replacement buses. The people who use the Metro as their daily commute absolutely hate buses, so it seems.

Perhaps a regular Metro user can expand on this?
R852 PRG
07 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #985

(07 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm)Tommy_1581 What they need to do is, either buy new vehicles or replace Metro with a busway. 

I think regardless of a different way forward, many commuters will ALWAYS favour the Metro over a bus because of how much quicker it.

Granted when I used it between Sunderland and Newcastle, the train wasn't exactly great and the whole thing was packed after we hit Heworth - but it cut off another 30 minutes of a journey I would have otherwise endured on the 56. (I use that as an example, as it runs at the same frequency as the Metro).

I'm sure Dan mentioned when telling us about his private education - that when they all hit Sixth Form, all his friends and other people in his year group wanted to use the Metro or something over the bus...this reason possibly being because the train will always been seen as a nicer form of travel than bus.

I've seen on the Metro's Twitter page previously about complaints in regards to the works and stuff - and outrage regarding replacement buses. The people who use the Metro as their daily commute absolutely hate buses, so it seems.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm #986
(07 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)MarcTheA4 I think regardless of a different way forward, many commuters will ALWAYS favour the Metro over a bus because of how much quicker it.

Yeah - there was quite a few people in my school that hadn't actually used a bus prior to this year, though they had used the Metro.

The main reason why the Metro is favoured is due to the shorter journey time it can provide. Clearly, when issues arise, even the 56 between Sunderland and Newcastle ends up being twice as quick as the Metro! Even direct replacement buses don't provide a particularly fast journey time - I seem to remember the X3 service actually providing a quicker journey time than Metro Replacement 900 between Sunderland and Gateshead. Emergency replacement buses are absolutely dreadful to use and this is another reason why commuters are likely to dislike them. The 27 had to drive straight past customers at Heworth yesterday, never mind those on Sunderland Rd. Metros provide such a high capacity for the peaks (when commuters travel) - buses don't.
Dan
07 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm #986

(07 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)MarcTheA4 I think regardless of a different way forward, many commuters will ALWAYS favour the Metro over a bus because of how much quicker it.

Yeah - there was quite a few people in my school that hadn't actually used a bus prior to this year, though they had used the Metro.

The main reason why the Metro is favoured is due to the shorter journey time it can provide. Clearly, when issues arise, even the 56 between Sunderland and Newcastle ends up being twice as quick as the Metro! Even direct replacement buses don't provide a particularly fast journey time - I seem to remember the X3 service actually providing a quicker journey time than Metro Replacement 900 between Sunderland and Gateshead. Emergency replacement buses are absolutely dreadful to use and this is another reason why commuters are likely to dislike them. The 27 had to drive straight past customers at Heworth yesterday, never mind those on Sunderland Rd. Metros provide such a high capacity for the peaks (when commuters travel) - buses don't.

tyresmoke

07 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm #987
(07 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)Dan Yeah - there was quite a few people in my school that hadn't actually used a bus prior to this year, though they had used the Metro.

Nexus always time the replacement buses so slack you could probably walk the route quicker. Spent 4 weeks driving them last spring and honestly I could have walked to Regent Centre quicker at evening peak! Must be mad wanting to go and do it all again !

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
07 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm #987

(07 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)Dan Yeah - there was quite a few people in my school that hadn't actually used a bus prior to this year, though they had used the Metro.

Nexus always time the replacement buses so slack you could probably walk the route quicker. Spent 4 weeks driving them last spring and honestly I could have walked to Regent Centre quicker at evening peak! Must be mad wanting to go and do it all again !

citaro5284

07 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm #988
(07 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm)tyresmoke Nexus always time the replacement buses so slack you could probably walk the route quicker. Spent 4 weeks driving them last spring and honestly I could have walked to Regent Centre quicker at evening peak! Must be mad wanting to go and do it all again !

You just like driving round the streets of Newcastle - not fancy moving to Jesmond depot?
citaro5284
07 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm #988

(07 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm)tyresmoke Nexus always time the replacement buses so slack you could probably walk the route quicker. Spent 4 weeks driving them last spring and honestly I could have walked to Regent Centre quicker at evening peak! Must be mad wanting to go and do it all again !

You just like driving round the streets of Newcastle - not fancy moving to Jesmond depot?

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Feb 2015, 10:37 pm #989
(07 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm)citaro5284 You just like driving round the streets of Newcastle - not fancy moving to Jesmond depot?

Jesmond is below Scott's standards... nee sparkly services there!
Dan
07 Feb 2015, 10:37 pm #989

(07 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm)citaro5284 You just like driving round the streets of Newcastle - not fancy moving to Jesmond depot?

Jesmond is below Scott's standards... nee sparkly services there!

tyresmoke

07 Feb 2015, 10:54 pm #990

Nah I can make do with being loaned out to wherever! Haha. One of our lads has just moved up there mind.

tyresmoke
07 Feb 2015, 10:54 pm #990

Nah I can make do with being loaned out to wherever! Haha. One of our lads has just moved up there mind.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Feb 2015, 8:52 am #991
Paired with the organised Metro Replacement today, the usual fun and games on the line are already in progress.

There are delays systemwide due to a technical fault. Delays of up to 30 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 45 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 30 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw
Dan
08 Feb 2015, 8:52 am #991

Paired with the organised Metro Replacement today, the usual fun and games on the line are already in progress.

There are delays systemwide due to a technical fault. Delays of up to 30 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 45 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 30 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

citaro5284

08 Feb 2015, 9:00 am #992
(08 Feb 2015, 8:52 am)Dan Paired with the organised Metro Replacement today, the usual fun and games on the line are already in progress.

The amount of comments on their fb page....quite a few people not happy.  First train from one station was due at 0705 and turned up at 0800.

Also, I note on the Nexus website, that for the next 2 weekends, on both Saturday and Sunday the line is closed from Haymarket to Regent Centre.
citaro5284
08 Feb 2015, 9:00 am #992

(08 Feb 2015, 8:52 am)Dan Paired with the organised Metro Replacement today, the usual fun and games on the line are already in progress.

The amount of comments on their fb page....quite a few people not happy.  First train from one station was due at 0705 and turned up at 0800.

Also, I note on the Nexus website, that for the next 2 weekends, on both Saturday and Sunday the line is closed from Haymarket to Regent Centre.

Michael

08 Feb 2015, 10:07 am #993
Metro has become a joke, surprised it has any passengers left!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Feb 2015, 10:07 am #993

Metro has become a joke, surprised it has any passengers left!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

08 Feb 2015, 10:11 am #994
So far this month...
2nd February: Failed train, 25 minute delay for all services
6th February: Failed train at Felling, replacement bus service operating, all services delayed
7th February: Train removed from service, minor delays
8th February: Technical fault, 30+ minutes delay system wide.
omnicity4659
08 Feb 2015, 10:11 am #994

So far this month...
6th February: Failed train at Felling, replacement bus service operating, all services delayed

tyresmoke

08 Feb 2015, 10:15 am #995
(08 Feb 2015, 9:00 am)citaro5284 The amount of comments on their fb page....quite a few people not happy.  First train from one station was due at 0705 and turned up at 0800.

Yup the core is closed with Arriva running a replacement bus service. 6 minute frequency.
Wonder how many trains won't turn up South of the core because they failed to keep the right amount...

tyresmoke
08 Feb 2015, 10:15 am #995

(08 Feb 2015, 9:00 am)citaro5284 The amount of comments on their fb page....quite a few people not happy.  First train from one station was due at 0705 and turned up at 0800.

Yup the core is closed with Arriva running a replacement bus service. 6 minute frequency.
Wonder how many trains won't turn up South of the core because they failed to keep the right amount...

mb134

08 Feb 2015, 10:18 am #996
(08 Feb 2015, 10:15 am)tyresmoke

How many vehicles will that require? And where will they get them from? 
Edited 08 Feb 2015, 10:19 am by mb134.
mb134
08 Feb 2015, 10:18 am #996

(08 Feb 2015, 10:15 am)tyresmoke

How many vehicles will that require? And where will they get them from? 

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Feb 2015, 10:50 am #997
And again...

There are delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between Jesmond and South Shields and South Hylton due to a technical fault. Please leave extra time for your journey.
Dan
08 Feb 2015, 10:50 am #997

And again...

There are delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between Jesmond and South Shields and South Hylton due to a technical fault. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Adrian

08 Feb 2015, 10:52 am #998
Piss artists.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Feb 2015, 10:52 am #998

Piss artists.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

citaro5284

08 Feb 2015, 10:54 am #999
(08 Feb 2015, 10:11 am)Tommy_1581 So far this month...

And remember on the 6th February one, the disruption lasted from 8am until the early afternoon
citaro5284
08 Feb 2015, 10:54 am #999

(08 Feb 2015, 10:11 am)Tommy_1581 So far this month...

And remember on the 6th February one, the disruption lasted from 8am until the early afternoon

08 Feb 2015, 10:59 am #1,000
(08 Feb 2015, 10:54 am)citaro5284 And remember on the 6th February one, the disruption lasted from 8am until the early afternoon

Well, if the Metro network is this vulnerable to disruption, they'd might as well have all Metro tickets valid on buses that run close to the network.

To top it off they'd might as well have a bonfire tomorrow during peak times... 
omnicity4659
08 Feb 2015, 10:59 am #1,000

(08 Feb 2015, 10:54 am)citaro5284 And remember on the 6th February one, the disruption lasted from 8am until the early afternoon

Well, if the Metro network is this vulnerable to disruption, they'd might as well have all Metro tickets valid on buses that run close to the network.

To top it off they'd might as well have a bonfire tomorrow during peak times... 

Pages (146) Previous 149 50 51146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average