Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 18 9 10146 Next
Michael

26 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm #161
News:

Tyne and Wear Metro
We are making minor temporary changes to the Metro timetable from Monday 29 July for one week. Some train services between Pelaw- Regent Centre/Monkseaton/South Gosforth will not run.

There has been a series of problems over the past fortnight, caused by various unrelated incidents, resulting in disruption to services. We apologise for that and to ensure a more reliable service in future we have taken the decision to remove some services from the timetable temporarily, meaning the trains will get more time in the depot for maintenance, helping us to improve resilience, so should a train fail, we have replacements ready to go.

The vast majority of Metro customers will not notice a change to services. However, passengers who rely on specific trains on the stretch of line between Regent Centre/Monkseaton and Pelaw should click on this link to find out if their usual service has been affected by the changes

http://bit.ly/17I8RJo

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm #161

News:

Tyne and Wear Metro
We are making minor temporary changes to the Metro timetable from Monday 29 July for one week. Some train services between Pelaw- Regent Centre/Monkseaton/South Gosforth will not run.

There has been a series of problems over the past fortnight, caused by various unrelated incidents, resulting in disruption to services. We apologise for that and to ensure a more reliable service in future we have taken the decision to remove some services from the timetable temporarily, meaning the trains will get more time in the depot for maintenance, helping us to improve resilience, so should a train fail, we have replacements ready to go.

The vast majority of Metro customers will not notice a change to services. However, passengers who rely on specific trains on the stretch of line between Regent Centre/Monkseaton and Pelaw should click on this link to find out if their usual service has been affected by the changes

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

26 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm #162
(26 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm)Michael News:

Tyne and Wear Metro

Brilliant - I love it! Big Grin Our service has become far too unreliable, so we'll cut some services rather than fix the issue.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm #162

(26 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm)Michael News:

Tyne and Wear Metro

Brilliant - I love it! Big Grin Our service has become far too unreliable, so we'll cut some services rather than fix the issue.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

28 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm #163
Wow it looks like we will have a day wirh no breakdowns!!!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm #163

Wow it looks like we will have a day wirh no breakdowns!!!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jul 2013, 5:52 am #164
(28 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm)Michael Wow it looks like we will have a day wirh no breakdowns!!!

We probably did - I assume they 'forgot' to post about it though Wink
Everyone who works for Nexus was at Seaburn station looking gormless so they couldn't post something on Twitter about a Metro failing!
Dan
29 Jul 2013, 5:52 am #164

(28 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm)Michael Wow it looks like we will have a day wirh no breakdowns!!!

Everyone who works for Nexus was at Seaburn station looking gormless so they couldn't post something on Twitter about a Metro failing!

Michael

29 Jul 2013, 8:53 am #165
(29 Jul 2013, 5:52 am)Daniel

We will have a few failures today to make up for yesterday!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Jul 2013, 8:53 am #165

(29 Jul 2013, 5:52 am)Daniel

We will have a few failures today to make up for yesterday!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jul 2013, 11:51 am #166
No reports on Twitter yet, but there are minor delays to the Metro network (shock), which are causing subsequent delays to the Northern Rail service also.
My train left Sunderland a minute early and got to Heworth seven minutes late. Slightly annoying, as my two minute connection to the Metro was non-existent!
Dan
29 Jul 2013, 11:51 am #166

No reports on Twitter yet, but there are minor delays to the Metro network (shock), which are causing subsequent delays to the Northern Rail service also.
My train left Sunderland a minute early and got to Heworth seven minutes late. Slightly annoying, as my two minute connection to the Metro was non-existent!

MurdnunoC

29 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm #167
(29 Jul 2013, 11:51 am)Daniel No reports on Twitter yet, but there are minor delays to the Metro network (shock), which are causing subsequent delays to the Northern Rail service also.

It must have been held up at a few red lights on the way then?
MurdnunoC
29 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm #167

(29 Jul 2013, 11:51 am)Daniel No reports on Twitter yet, but there are minor delays to the Metro network (shock), which are causing subsequent delays to the Northern Rail service also.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm #168
(29 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm)AdamY

Only one or two, but went incredibly slow along the shared line (to Pelaw), so I assume those that weren't red were amber, alerting the driver of the upcoming red?

Announcements on stations are saying a train has been taken off or something and that there are delays? Phone's gonna die any minute, if anyone wants to check their Twitter so I don't have to waste my battery any more than I have done already! :-p
Dan
29 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm #168

(29 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm)AdamY

Only one or two, but went incredibly slow along the shared line (to Pelaw), so I assume those that weren't red were amber, alerting the driver of the upcoming red?

Announcements on stations are saying a train has been taken off or something and that there are delays? Phone's gonna die any minute, if anyone wants to check their Twitter so I don't have to waste my battery any more than I have done already! :-p

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Aug 2013, 8:40 am #169
Pinhole images create new artwork at Byker Metro station (August 1st 2013)

A new giant artwork at Byker Metro station unveiled today, Thursday 1 August, lets passengers view the Newcastle suburb in a whole new light.

Read more: http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/2013/pinhol...ro-station
Dan
02 Aug 2013, 8:40 am #169

Pinhole images create new artwork at Byker Metro station (August 1st 2013)

A new giant artwork at Byker Metro station unveiled today, Thursday 1 August, lets passengers view the Newcastle suburb in a whole new light.

Read more: http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/2013/pinhol...ro-station

BJ10VUS

02 Aug 2013, 10:23 am #170
Trains were not calling at Gateshead Stadium last night due to a "problem with the power supply".
BJ10VUS
02 Aug 2013, 10:23 am #170

Trains were not calling at Gateshead Stadium last night due to a "problem with the power supply".

DanPicken

Banned

02 Aug 2013, 11:15 am #171
no trains between north shields and st james due to power supply
DanPicken
02 Aug 2013, 11:15 am #171

no trains between north shields and st james due to power supply

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Aug 2013, 11:19 am #172
(02 Aug 2013, 11:15 am)danpick no trains between north shields and st james due to power supply

That's a large section of the route not to be covered by a Metro Replacement service, and only for tickets to be accepted on 1, 307 and 309.
I assume rather than the 110, they mean the 310 though?

See Tweet here: https://twitter.com/My_Metro/status/363256964165672960
Dan
02 Aug 2013, 11:19 am #172

(02 Aug 2013, 11:15 am)danpick no trains between north shields and st james due to power supply

That's a large section of the route not to be covered by a Metro Replacement service, and only for tickets to be accepted on 1, 307 and 309.
I assume rather than the 110, they mean the 310 though?

See Tweet here: https://twitter.com/My_Metro/status/363256964165672960

DanPicken

Banned

02 Aug 2013, 3:19 pm #173
no trains st james to chillingham road
DanPicken
02 Aug 2013, 3:19 pm #173

no trains st james to chillingham road

BJ10VUS

02 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm #174
Trains are not stopping at Pallion in both directions. Another power supply problem!
BJ10VUS
02 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm #174

Trains are not stopping at Pallion in both directions. Another power supply problem!

MurdnunoC

02 Aug 2013, 9:30 pm #175
(02 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm)BJ10VUS Trains are not stopping at Pallion in both directions. Another power supply problem!

You see, that's something I don't understand.

Pallion is station located between South Hylton and Millfield; two stations where presumably trains are still stopping. Power is needed to make the trains run between these two points. Therefore, Pallion cannot be suffering from a power supply problem unless they're referring to the lights and signage meaning that 'unsafe' to let passengers board/disembark in the dark.
MurdnunoC
02 Aug 2013, 9:30 pm #175

(02 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm)BJ10VUS Trains are not stopping at Pallion in both directions. Another power supply problem!

You see, that's something I don't understand.

Pallion is station located between South Hylton and Millfield; two stations where presumably trains are still stopping. Power is needed to make the trains run between these two points. Therefore, Pallion cannot be suffering from a power supply problem unless they're referring to the lights and signage meaning that 'unsafe' to let passengers board/disembark in the dark.

BJ10VUS

02 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm #176
(02 Aug 2013, 9:30 pm)AdamY You see, that's something I don't understand.

I think it's the stations. Gateshead Stadium was closed for the same reason and it's because the station lights weren't working.
Edited 02 Aug 2013, 9:36 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
02 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm #176

(02 Aug 2013, 9:30 pm)AdamY You see, that's something I don't understand.

I think it's the stations. Gateshead Stadium was closed for the same reason and it's because the station lights weren't working.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm #177
South Gosforth Metro station can be seen in this view on August 5th 2013, the second day of the line closure between the Haymarket and Four Lane Ends and the Airport. The track on right, which is the line into Newcastle, has already been removed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/9442204627/
Dan
05 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm #177

South Gosforth Metro station can be seen in this view on August 5th 2013, the second day of the line closure between the Haymarket and Four Lane Ends and the Airport. The track on right, which is the line into Newcastle, has already been removed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/9442204627/

BJ10VUS

05 Aug 2013, 5:12 pm #178
No trains between Bede & South Shields and North Shields & Tynemouth in both directions due to flooding. Tickets accepted on 27, 88/88A and Arriva 306.
BJ10VUS
05 Aug 2013, 5:12 pm #178

No trains between Bede & South Shields and North Shields & Tynemouth in both directions due to flooding. Tickets accepted on 27, 88/88A and Arriva 306.

BJ10VUS

05 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm #179
Service has resumed between South Shields and Bede. Services are still suspended between North Shields & Tynemouth in both directions due to flooding. Tickets accepted on 306.
BJ10VUS
05 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm #179

Service has resumed between South Shields and Bede. Services are still suspended between North Shields & Tynemouth in both directions due to flooding. Tickets accepted on 306.

DanPicken

Banned

06 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm #180
yesterday did anyone notice tyne & wear metro and nexus failed by saying gne ran the 27a which hasnt ran in 3 years
DanPicken
06 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm #180

yesterday did anyone notice tyne & wear metro and nexus failed by saying gne ran the 27a which hasnt ran in 3 years

Pages (146) Previous 18 9 10146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average