Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East GNE Socials…

GNE Socials…

GNE Socials…

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ambassador

20 Jan 2024, 11:14 pm #1
I can’t find an existing thread but has someone new taken over the GNE socials? They’ve been fairly on point and topical of late 

They’re even responding to customers publicly and the tone is actually spot on (though you can tell when it switches to someone else who isn’t very good at it) 

Though if I’m being picky…don’t respond with ‘I’ on a social media account. It’s ‘we’. It’s not your fault the driver drove past a full stop whilst sticking the v’ s up. Different on the phone of course.  

Now if they could just ditch the ridiculous 9-5 hours they’d be halfway to a good service

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
20 Jan 2024, 11:14 pm #1

I can’t find an existing thread but has someone new taken over the GNE socials? They’ve been fairly on point and topical of late 

They’re even responding to customers publicly and the tone is actually spot on (though you can tell when it switches to someone else who isn’t very good at it) 

Though if I’m being picky…don’t respond with ‘I’ on a social media account. It’s ‘we’. It’s not your fault the driver drove past a full stop whilst sticking the v’ s up. Different on the phone of course.  

Now if they could just ditch the ridiculous 9-5 hours they’d be halfway to a good service

Adrian

22 Jan 2024, 11:42 am #2
(20 Jan 2024, 11:14 pm)Ambassador I can’t find an existing thread but has someone new taken over the GNE socials? They’ve been fairly on point and topical of late 

Noticed this too.

I disagree with the I/we point, but I notice it's not consistent, so could be multiple people working the account. I do think that 'I' instead of 'we' is more personable when responding to complaints, though really it should be signed off with a name or initials.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Jan 2024, 11:42 am #2

(20 Jan 2024, 11:14 pm)Ambassador I can’t find an existing thread but has someone new taken over the GNE socials? They’ve been fairly on point and topical of late 

Noticed this too.

I disagree with the I/we point, but I notice it's not consistent, so could be multiple people working the account. I do think that 'I' instead of 'we' is more personable when responding to complaints, though really it should be signed off with a name or initials.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

DeltaMan

22 Jan 2024, 12:26 pm #3
The memes are a bit out of place given what the company and union put customers through only weeks ago. But, there has been an improvement for sure.
DeltaMan
22 Jan 2024, 12:26 pm #3

The memes are a bit out of place given what the company and union put customers through only weeks ago. But, there has been an improvement for sure.

Ambassador

24 Jan 2024, 12:35 am #4
(22 Jan 2024, 12:26 pm)DeltaMan The memes are a bit out of place given what the company and union put customers through only weeks ago. But, there has been an improvement for sure.

I don’t mind the memes as much as a conditioned social media user will sort of expect a company to do something these days. As tokenistic as they are…

I would be interested to know, following the head office cull, how many colleagues work in customer care. There is literally no reason for them to operate 9-5 if there’s more than 2 people. It’s just really bad management.

Ambassador
24 Jan 2024, 12:35 am #4

(22 Jan 2024, 12:26 pm)DeltaMan The memes are a bit out of place given what the company and union put customers through only weeks ago. But, there has been an improvement for sure.

I don’t mind the memes as much as a conditioned social media user will sort of expect a company to do something these days. As tokenistic as they are…

I would be interested to know, following the head office cull, how many colleagues work in customer care. There is literally no reason for them to operate 9-5 if there’s more than 2 people. It’s just really bad management.

22 Feb 2024, 6:35 pm #5
I wouldn’t mind doin it at least I’d give folk a good laff & not stand any rubbish
BIG MICK STOKOE
22 Feb 2024, 6:35 pm #5

I wouldn’t mind doin it at least I’d give folk a good laff & not stand any rubbish

James101

20 Apr 2024, 8:19 am #6
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/pZ48VDA...tid=WC7FNe

Standing grown adults in front of a primary school notice board and ‘rewarding’ them with some pound shop sweets all for the apparent benefit of a social media post is painfully cringeworthy.

This is awful. They genuinely see managers as adults and drivers as children, which we all know is the GNE culture, but to actively broadcast it!?
James101
20 Apr 2024, 8:19 am #6

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/pZ48VDA...tid=WC7FNe

Standing grown adults in front of a primary school notice board and ‘rewarding’ them with some pound shop sweets all for the apparent benefit of a social media post is painfully cringeworthy.

This is awful. They genuinely see managers as adults and drivers as children, which we all know is the GNE culture, but to actively broadcast it!?

idiot

20 Apr 2024, 9:10 am #7
Fancy just doing your job correctly...
idiot
20 Apr 2024, 9:10 am #7

Fancy just doing your job correctly...

Ambassador

20 Apr 2024, 5:34 pm #8
Recognition is important and it’s not about a reward but more the gesture but this from a marketing pov, this doesn’t look amazing
Ambassador
20 Apr 2024, 5:34 pm #8

Recognition is important and it’s not about a reward but more the gesture but this from a marketing pov, this doesn’t look amazing

NL62WVW

20 Apr 2024, 9:03 pm #9
Been going on for months now that, although that's the first one I've seen on Social Media
NL62WVW
20 Apr 2024, 9:03 pm #9

Been going on for months now that, although that's the first one I've seen on Social Media

James101

22 Apr 2024, 7:55 am #10
(20 Apr 2024, 9:10 am)idiot Fancy just doing your job correctly...

If I thought I’d be subjected to that ritual humiliation I’d be tempted to throw a customer’s lost phone out of an open window. If I had a manager who wanted to recognise my good work, come find me and tell me, maybe shake my hand. Write me a letter if you can’t be arsed to leave your office. Not this.
James101
22 Apr 2024, 7:55 am #10

(20 Apr 2024, 9:10 am)idiot Fancy just doing your job correctly...

If I thought I’d be subjected to that ritual humiliation I’d be tempted to throw a customer’s lost phone out of an open window. If I had a manager who wanted to recognise my good work, come find me and tell me, maybe shake my hand. Write me a letter if you can’t be arsed to leave your office. Not this.

Chris 1

22 Apr 2024, 11:35 am #11
Do drivers get a choice? Personally, I'd be mortified if my ugly mug was plastered all over social media. It's good that GNE are recognising drivers who go above and beyond, though the sweets seem a bit cheap.
Chris 1
22 Apr 2024, 11:35 am #11

Do drivers get a choice? Personally, I'd be mortified if my ugly mug was plastered all over social media. It's good that GNE are recognising drivers who go above and beyond, though the sweets seem a bit cheap.

morritt89

22 Apr 2024, 3:46 pm #12
We used to get a £5 Greggs voucher at Deptford (sorry, Sunderland depot as they want to call it but unsure if that was the managers preference of reward).
morritt89
22 Apr 2024, 3:46 pm #12

We used to get a £5 Greggs voucher at Deptford (sorry, Sunderland depot as they want to call it but unsure if that was the managers preference of reward).

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average