3 15.00%
Photo 6
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

December 2013 Photo Competition
December 2013 Photo Competition
Chosen by November 2013's Monthly Photo Competition winner, GuyParkRoyal, the topic for December 2013's Monthly Photo Competition is: Advertising.
December being a busy month for the retail sector creates a high level of spending on advertising my proposal for December is therefore “Advertising”. Any bus with any form of advertising is acceptable. Examples are posters, vinyl, wraps, or painted on advertising. Any subject such as commercial advertising, charity advertising, radio, TV or the bus operators own tickets.

How do I enter?
All entries should be sent to competitions@northeastbuses.co.uk by 24/12/13. The subject of the e-mail should clearly outline the e-mails purpose (i.e. “Monthly Photo Competition Entry – December 2013”). You must attach your photo to the e-mail, and must also include your site username within the body of the e-mail. Again, as stated above, if you would like your photo to be watermarked if it wins and is subsequently uploaded to our Social Media websites, do attach a second, watermarked copy of the photo also.

For frequently asked questions on the Monthly Photo Competition, do click here.
Interesting category, but doesn't this essentially include anything but a vehicle in fleet livery with no advertisement boards on it? Most branded vehicles are advertising at least a service frequency of a brand, if not the cost of a 'saver' ticket on that brand.
GuyParkRoyal - you're the one to answer any questions! I just copied your PM. Tongue
I'm guessing he means buses in all over adverts to an extent. Also would suggest to cover mega side adverts.
Visit my Website - http://www.gjm-photogenic.co.uk
Proud to be a Brony - And probably one least liked enthusiasts in the North East due to my attitude but guess what, I don't give a flying feather.
(03/12/2013, 21:35)aureolin Wrote: Interesting category, but doesn't this essentially include anything but a vehicle in fleet livery with no advertisement boards on it? Most branded vehicles are advertising at least a service frequency of a brand, if not the cost of a 'saver' ticket on that brand.

Anything from a small pasted on poster to all over advertising is fine as are ticket options such as ticket prices , e tickets or m tickets.

Standard route branding should be excluded unless it advertises something for example entry to an attraction (such as Beamish, Hadrians Wall, Sealife centre etc).

This should give a wide choice but excludes standard fleet or brand livery vehicles that do not show some form of advertising.
(04/12/2013, 03:33)GMitchelhill Wrote: I'm guessing he means buses in all over adverts to an extent. Also would suggest to cover mega side adverts.

Any advert is OK. This should give everyone a chance to find something that they consider interesting for their photo. While the all over advert might appeal there is also a chance to capture a bus with a poster or smaller advert if you think that will present a good photo opportunity.
Last few days to get your entries in!
Last day to get your photos sent in!
competitions@northeastbuses.co.uk
(24/12/2013, 10:34)Dan Wrote: Last day to get your photos sent in!
competitions@northeastbuses.co.uk

Just sent mine in, looking forward to this round!
Again - sorry for the delay in posting the poll this month, completely forgot about the comp with it being Christmas and all.
Another good outcome this month, and I wish the best of luck to all entrants - here is 2013's final Monthly Competition!

The poll is available at the top of this thread, and the photos below can be enlarged by clicking them.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Voting will close in FOUR* days (31/12/13) at 19:00. Good luck!

For frequently asked questions on the Monthly Photo Competition, do click here.

* If we receive very little votes, I'll keep it open for an additional 24 hours.